Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

You know, there are too many posts and pages to sift through, but what is the "big deal" about the game?

I find it fun, relaxing, and nostalgic, but I don't see why its so highly rated, arguably the "best" game for the ps3, and maybe for all consoles (since the PS3 is obviously the best console right now).

I owned it, and then sent it to bestbuy for the TIV of $30, thinking I could always buy the greatist hits GOTY edition at any time (I had the original non GOTY) but after sending it out, I dont really see myself getting it again. I mean you collect stickers and then stick 'em while platforming around, but I didn't see much else to it.

Idk, what's so great about the game aside from it being original, cute, and one of the most non-violent games? Im curious to see what you guys really love about it, because maybe I'm missing something, maybe i didnt really "get" the game...

I would love to understand it so that I can appreciate the GOTY edition if i go pick it up...

LOL My friends on PSN and I used to bitch slap each other when we were waiting in the pods to start a level. If you moved the left or right stick quickly from right to left and left to right while holding either L2 or R2 I believe you could smack each other.

It was quite hilarious at times.

So it has some potential to be 'violent'.

But yeah, it's no COD:MW and anyone expecting that kind of 'fun' will be disappointed.

I love how you all are going "Oh, you must hate it cause you're not killing people!" Cause god forbid someone who likes all manor of games (like me) were to dislike this. You HAVE to be a violence loving freak to hate LBP.

Pleeease.

idk what your talkin about, i used nonviolent as a positive quality...i personally am tired of all of the violent FPS. one of the appealing things about LBP was that it reminded me of sonic/mario gameplay, but i found myself playing it less and less lately, and i couldnt understand why. it was actually THE game that made me want to get the ps3, but maybe my expectations were misdirected. I thought it was gonna be a sonic/mario reincarnation, but theres obviously a lot more to it than that......but what?

therefore, the reason i asked because i feel like im missing something from the game, like if it has a point aside from being a game, i didnt get it. maybe part of the problem is that i never was able to find all of the stickers and items, and i dont really know what to do with them (except for their potential in level creating or the "pin the tail on the donkey" unlock use)....

ill rephrase the question: What do you personally find fun about LBP? I kinda miss it and i think i wanna get it again, but im hesitant to drop the $30 for it if it could go towards something funner (I have uncharted 1 and 2, God of war 1-3, burnout paradise, street fighter iv, codmw2, bfbc2, and just cause 2)

so is the fun in creating levels? the actual gameplay of the platform style? a combination of both? what am i missing in the game? collecting stickers isnt enough, so i want to know what you guys find as valuable to LBP

I personally find playing the unique and inventive user made levels to be more fun than playing the game's levels really. I've had the game for two years(traded it to the Best Buy trade program now though for $30 in credit)and I don't think I EVER finished the main game.

Although for a while a good portion of the user made levels were 'haha failbox360 rrod' and other stupid mocking levels. But I think they've been moderating those levels out of the user made level selection alot better as of late, since the last time I played some online levels I didn't find a single one like that.

I believe the first post in this thread has some videos of user made levels some on here found interesting. You should check it out.

thanks cheapestgamer, ill give em a look. im leaning more towards pickin up the GOTY edition once my credit comes anyway...i just wish bestbuy had some kind of "Deals" or coupons/discounts...their prices except for greatest hits are terrible

[quote name='chrislisting']so is the fun in creating levels? the actual gameplay of the platform style? a combination of both? what am i missing in the game? collecting stickers isnt enough, so i want to know what you guys find as valuable to LBP[/QUOTE]

Co-op Local Multiplayer and it's unique style, that should be more than enough to plunk $20 down for it and not look back.

(If you managed to get it when Walmart had/has it for the B2G1 Greatest Hits sale that they had here recently, not sure if it's still active or not. )

It's a fun game for my Brother and me to play that isn't split screen or too complex to control like a FPS, he plays RE5 with me, but sometimes gets fumble fingers and irritated with the controls, there isn't much of that in LBP.

Frankly if that didn't sway you or you aren't charmed by the videos of it in action, just play the demo and decide for yourself, not too hard to do I would say.

Edit: Since this is both LBP related and related to your controller topic I'd figured I'd mention it.

New game + Controller bundles coming out next month, game $30 + controller $30 for $60, not too bad.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259385

[quote name='chrislisting']thanks cheapestgamer, ill give em a look. im leaning more towards pickin up the GOTY edition once my credit comes anyway...i just wish bestbuy had some kind of "Deals" or coupons/discounts...their prices except for greatest hits are terrible[/QUOTE]

I believe they have the GOTY edition for $29.99, which is the standard for GH titles this gen.

uncle, i had the original, but when best buy was givin 30 for it, i thought id buy it back for the GOTY edition, but now, im not so sure about buyin it again, but cheapgamer says the new levels are great , and i dont think i got far enough into the game or gave it enough chance to explore it possibilites....idk maybe buy it from GS and return it in 7 days if i dont like it huh?

**UPDATE***
id like to thank uncle55555 publicly for his kindness in mentioning that there was a bundle for both GOTY and a ps3 controller, as i wanted both, and i got em....thanks uncle, ur a real cool dude and a nice person...more people should be altrustic like you my freind

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is totally worth paying for $30. I'm still playing it today. I can never find a full party to play with, though. >_<

If any would like to play some games later tonight, you can add me at my PSN: Tamirat.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Anyone else getting back into this with the Marvel DLC coming out this next week? I'm definitely getting Venom and Iron Man. :D[/QUOTE]

I might if my friends buy the Skin/Costumes so I can get one of the share of it :D

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Anyone else getting back into this with the Marvel DLC coming out this next week? I'm definitely getting Venom and Iron Man. :D[/QUOTE]
If it's over $.99 for a pack of skins, then no. The only reason I really played this game after a while was to sit there and laugh like a hyena while my friends from PSN and I took turns bitch slapping each other while we were hanging out in their pods. We also took to putting various decorations on each others Sackboys, which ended up being quite hilarious at times too.

Of course more than a couple of times we slapped each other right as we were trying to make a jump and ended up dying, which was even funnier. We would keep trying to sabotage each other.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If it's over $.99 for a pack of skins, then no. The only reason I really played this game after a while was to sit there and laugh like a hyena while my friends from PSN and I took turns bitch slapping each other while we were hanging out in their pods. We also took to putting various decorations on each others Sackboys, which ended up being quite hilarious at times too.

Of course more than a couple of times we slapped each other right as we were trying to make a jump and ended up dying, which was even funnier. We would keep trying to sabotage each other.:lol:[/QUOTE]
I wish it would be that cheap. As far as I know, the packs will cost about 5.99 each like all the other ones. I'm mainly just wanting Spidey and the Avengers packs. Iron Man Sackboy looks Badass.

How do you bitch slap sacks around? I was playing yesterday with three other people and this one guy was winning every level, I managed to win one later on and while I was celebrating (waving my sackboys' hands in the air) he came and bitch slapped me couple of times... I almost choked laughing.

Yeah, you have to snap your sackboy's arm with the right joystick in a slapping motion...

[Example]
Stand to the left of the victim but on the same plane.
Hold R2 so you can control the right arm.
Snap the right joystick left then right real quick.

If anyone is looking to get a share of all the Marvel content then go to the Gamesharing thread and there's a group with two spots left and it only costs $5.79 a share :D

[quote name='CaptainJoel']If anyone is looking to get a share of all the Marvel content then go to the Gamesharing thread and there's a group with two spots left and it only costs $5.79 a share :D[/QUOTE]

Count me in!

I just ordered from gs and got one of 10 off codes to stack with a used GOTY edition plus saver so I only paid 13.43 in credit. I can't wait to play this game finally!

Yep, canceled my pre-order for LBP 2 and got the LBP 2 collector's edition. Pretty sweet for $20 extra. Hopefully Amazon will give us some video game credit for it later.

anyone know why the original recalled version of LBP doesn't sell for a premium?

are people just unaware of it

I searched ebay and didn't see any completed listings for this version

You mean the non-GOTY version? I think that would only appeal to collectors and it'd have to be sealed. I imagine most of them already have it, too.

Probably because the only reason it was recalled was for a song lyric so it was not like Hot Coffee in GTA San Andreas but then again Hot Coffee with Sack People would have made it much more sought after.

[quote name='Serpentor']I have the original one... i didn't notice anything weird :lol:[/QUOTE]
If you have the original, recalled LBP, you'd have to delete the patches and play offline to hear the difference. The removed the lyrics from one song because it contains lines (two I think) from the Qur'an and some Muslims complained about it.

[quote name='mguiddy']If you have the original, recalled LBP, you'd have to delete the patches and play offline to hear the difference. The removed the lyrics from one song because it contains lines (two I think) from the Qur'an and some Muslims complained about it.
[/QUOTE]

This.

Personally I liked having it in there haha. BTW, how many Muslim's have so much time on their hands to play LittleBigPlanet and complain about that?

"This is fu....WHAT IS THIS!?!?!?!!?!? MEDIA MOLECULLLLLLLLLLLLLE!"

How many more of these Marvel packs do you guys think we can expect? I'm assuming there has to be at least 1 more for Cyclops & Reed Richards (they aren't going to do the other 3 and not him).

I mean, they could really go on forever if they wanted to- and I don't know that I would be opposed to it.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hopefully I can get into the LBP2 beta...[/QUOTE]
It wasn't that hard to get into the LBP1 beta. I'm assuming they're going to extend it to the PS+ members.

A high profile beta invite for PS+ members for lbp2 and something like CoD:Black Ops would get the attention of a huge spectrum of their online crowd and inevitable encourage people to sign up.

ME TO !! I joined PlayStation Plus just so I could get the opportunities to be in betas :D

I think you'd be a likely candidate... all things considered.

[quote name='Wolfkin']indeed. if Darkness can't get in .. what hope have the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

just wandering....why does he have a better chance of getting in than us ( okay I worded that wrong but you make it sound like he works for Sony)

I got GOTY for $25 a few months back.

I hate this game, and is the first game I truly want rid of, especially when the upcoming sequel is the same damn game just improved. How much is GameStop's trade-in for it? The one in the CAG database hasn't been updated in 160 days, before the price drop and announcement of LBP2.

EDIT: It just updated, $12. I'll take it.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I got GOTY for $25 a few months back.

I hate this game, and is the first game I truly want rid of, especially when the upcoming sequel is the same damn game just improved. How much is GameStop's trade-in for it? The one in the CAG database hasn't been updated in 160 days, before the price drop and announcement of LBP2.

EDIT: It just updated, $12. I'll take it.[/QUOTE]

WOW did you really just come in the LBP thread and hate on LBP ? That is even worse than the people going in the Halo:Reach thread and saying stuff like "Galo" "CoD FTW"

P.S. fuck Off :cool::cool:

eh- you either love or hate littlebig planet. My friend Curt bought a copy at launch and we only played it a few times before he decided not to play it anymore. I think most people's dislike comes from the jumping, and the surprise shifting from foreground to background.

I can understand though- i have a burning hatred for Modnation Racers. It really upset me too, since I was so excited about it.

[quote name='nbballard']eh- you either love or hate littlebig planet. My friend Curt bought a copy at launch and we only played it a few times before he decided not to play it anymore. I think most people's dislike comes from the jumping, and the surprise shifting from foreground to background.

I can understand though- i have a burning hatred for Modnation Racers. It really upset me too, since I was so excited about it.[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't be so bad if you could use the D-pad instead of the control stick. I really don't need to change Sackboy's facial expressions.

I got this code from this guy on CAG and I entered it. It picked up but when i download it, it won't show up on the "LBP Store" ingame. Does anyone have any clue what to do? I have redownloaded it many times but it doesnt work. And I can't even buy it if I want to (unless I use another account which I prefer not to). Please help. This is for the "Pirates and Water" DLC pack.

[quote name='icedrake523']That wouldn't be so bad if you could use the D-pad instead of the control stick. I really don't need to change Sackboy's facial expressions.[/QUOTE]
I thought that had less to do with controls, and more to do with the game assuming that you wanted to land on ledges or platforms near your jump.

Either way, as much as I love lbp that was something I had to play around, which is never a good thing.

bread's done
Back