Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Saint Noir']No sequel is announced as of right now. I would definitely grab a copy of any version. Probably GotY if you can find a good price on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks my gf gave me a 25 $ so i could buy it and play with her but I was gonna buy something else and I just went and bought it. Thanks.

[quote name='Aceboogz']Thanks my gf gave me a 25 $ so i could buy it and play with her but I was gonna buy something else and I just went and bought it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

That will be fun, I played through the whole game with my wife. Definitely one of the best titles for something like that.

[quote name='Saint Noir']No sequel is announced as of right now. I would definitely grab a copy of any version. Probably GotY if you can find a good price on it.[/QUOTE]

The GOTY should be $50 at Target right now.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Anyone pick up the new Pirates of the Caribbean level pack yet? I'm looking for some people to do the 4xPerson event in Cursed Bay.[/QUOTE]

I did. I have not played a ton though. Hope to beat it in today or tomorrow. If you still need people, I can be good for 2 in a day or so. Though Christmas is very soon.

I have what is probably a stupid question.

I got a PS3 slim right after they came out, and a bit later got the Little Big Planet demo. I have five local accounts on the PS3: me, my wife, and three kids all under age 10. I'm the only one with a PSN account. One nice thing about the demo was that when one of my kids was logged in, they could see the high scores for other players on my system, including myself.

I just got the Game of the Year Little Big Planet for Christmas (opened early, woo!). We played the first couple of levels under my account and one of the kids, and I was surprised that my name shows up on the leaderboard under my PSN account name.

Is there a way to view high scores for just the local players using only the local names? My kids were confused that "dad isn't showing the right name". :)

[quote name='kiril']I have what is probably a stupid question.

I got a PS3 slim right after they came out, and a bit later got the Little Big Planet demo. I have five local accounts on the PS3: me, my wife, and three kids all under age 10. I'm the only one with a PSN account. One nice thing about the demo was that when one of my kids was logged in, they could see the high scores for other players on my system, including myself.

I just got the Game of the Year Little Big Planet for Christmas (opened early, woo!). We played the first couple of levels under my account and one of the kids, and I was surprised that my name shows up on the leaderboard under my PSN account name.

Is there a way to view high scores for just the local players using only the local names? My kids were confused that "dad isn't showing the right name". :)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, not sure. Just got GOTY for Christmas myself (I set up only my PSN name, didn't even know we could have other accounts on the PSN). But, I did notice things looked different if you aren't hooked up online, so have you tried that? If you have your PS3 hooked up online when playing, pretty sure your PSN name will be the one that shows.

Yes, I was just about to post that. That would be very great if you guys could take some time out of your days to vote! I would be so appreciative.

Thank you! =)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yes, I was just about to post that. That would be very great if you guys could take some time out of your days to vote! I would be so appreciative.

Thank you! =)[/QUOTE]

I voted for you, but only because I genuinely enjoyed your level more than the other ones.

Thanks folks! Really appreciate it! I wonder when they will say who the winner is. My level probably won, so they are probably trying to figure out a way where I wont win. I don't think they support the creating levels based on other games idea...

Wow, Little Dead Space (my LBP level) is back from being moderated. And I just found out that it is the most Hearted level in LBP. Crazy.

heard about this from another CAGer while playing CoD2. was really impressed by the design. nice and spooky, like the game!

Sheer curiosity.

Do the save files/etc. crossover from GotY & non-GotY editions?

Oh, and congrats on level of the year. Fantastic job! XD

Have a stack of Pirates DLC available from the RLS surplus if anyone wants one. Code redeems for the level pack/costumes. Shoot me a pm.

Just a little edit to clarify. I'm not looking for anything specific for these codes, if you have some unused LBP DLC codes for costumes, etc, I'd love to trade but not mandatory. Just hoping to share the wealth that was given and maybe receive some codes/trader-rep for myself in return. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I would love to have some people to play co-op with because I'm having a little trouble getting into the game. Hit me up with the message "LBP CAG co-op" if you're interested. PSN: RaCpram12

HELP!

I got a code for the PotC water pack (costumes and level) and I DL'ed it but I can't access it from the LittleBigStore... it says there are no available items to be purchased. Anyone have an idea?

I'm not sure exactly where the DLC levels are either; I had the same problem, but haven't even finished the story levels yet so I wasn't too worried about trying to find out how to access the new ones.

I'm not sure if it's the easiest way to do it, but going into the littlebigstore and then into the pirates item, I was able to play the levels there.

[quote name='halfbent']I'm not sure if it's the easiest way to do it, but going into the littlebigstore and then into the pirates item, I was able to play the levels there.[/QUOTE]

But it doesnt even let me enter. It says "There is no content available to purchase." My only option is to go back...

Oh, and how to do you get past the placing audio (chimp thing) tutorial? It just doesnt work me.

[quote name='pram12']But it doesnt even let me enter. It says "There is no content available to purchase." My only option is to go back...

Oh, and how to do you get past the placing audio (chimp thing) tutorial? It just doesnt work me.[/QUOTE]

Did LBP patch itself after you installed the pirates pack? Our internet connection went down during the patch, so we had to cancel it to get into the game. We couldn't play the new levels until we downloaded the patch later.

For anybody that might not be aware, there's a free Sackboy Groundhog Day costume available as DLC for this week. I imagine it's only available until Thursday.

groundhog_day-72x72.jpg

[quote name='steck']Did LBP patch itself after you installed the pirates pack? Our internet connection went down during the patch, so we had to cancel it to get into the game. We couldn't play the new levels until we downloaded the patch later.[/QUOTE]

It did. It was the patch that had like 6 parts or something right? Even after I beat all the story levels it didnt come in the LBS...

I need to get those 4 player bubbles in that one pirates level... anyone down with going after them this week sometime? I can bring 2 players in my game.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Sweet. There is 3. Thursday or so work for you and anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I am good to go with you guys. Just let me know the time. Do note I haven't played any of the new levels just yet.

I'd also be interested as well.

Any chance we could also do some of the 4x player ones in the regular levels? I think the 3x/4x ones are the only ones I lack for the 100% prize bubbles.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I'd also be interested as well.

Any chance we could also do some of the 4x player ones in the regular levels? I think the 3x/4x ones are the only ones I lack for the 100% prize bubbles.[/QUOTE]

I could.

Since we have 4 CAGs, I won't bring an extra player on my game.

Thursday at 8 PM EST or are some of you Pacific and that not work? Everyone say when works for them. I'm good with whenever. I also need the trophy for the diving points game.

For those interested I have some codes for the Pirates of the Caribbean DLC (both the costume pack and level kit) that I am selling for $3 total. PM me or post on my thread, here. Thanks.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I could.

Since we have 4 CAGs, I won't bring an extra player on my game.

Thursday at 8 PM EST or are some of you Pacific and that not work? Everyone say when works for them. I'm good with whenever. I also need the trophy for the diving points game.[/QUOTE]

I am also on eastern and fine with that time as well as any time up to 11pm EST.

I need all of the classic (Original) 4-player bubbles still. If anyone is up for helping me let me know please. I have every other item from the game unlocked >_> These have haunted me since the summer. I haven't touched the pirates levels yet, but in a few days I might.

bread's done
Back