Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm surprised that nobody's posted about the free Norse Mythology pack code that's available to everyone:

http://www.us.playstation.com/sonywondergames/default.aspx

Try opening a new browser if the code doesn't work to get a new code. My first code didn't work, but the second did.[/QUOTE]

Actually, there IS a thread about it already. That's how I found out about it myself. Normally, I'm the first to jump on the free downloadable content for games, but I haven't been paying much attention to LBP stuff lately.

Here's the thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237945

It's for either version.

Who cares about a thread in the deals forum? This is the official thread and the fact that nobody's mentioned it here was a surprise.

They've had ONE ad out on TV for this since the GOTY released, which doesn't even show all of the 'zomg $30 worth of DLC' they now include with the game, so why should people give a crap about this game anymore?

[quote name='yourlefthand']the DLC included is worth $20 - $30, though, and it seems that the modnation codes are going for about $20 on fleabay. That makes it the GOTY edition a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

It might not be a terrible deal but there are people like me that would rather save the $30 and go with the normal one. I personally don't care about those extras or ModNation so I would just go with the normal, but if you want those extras then of course you'd go for the GOTY.

[quote name='Rozz']It might not be a terrible deal but there are people like me that would rather save the $30 and go with the normal one. I personally don't care about those extras or ModNation so I would just go with the normal, but if you want those extras then of course you'd go for the GOTY.[/QUOTE]

I think that's where I'm at. The extra content doesn't really wow me as much, but I'm sure other people are all over it and that's just fine. Skipping out on the extra content and putting the $30 or so towards another upcoming game sounds appealing.

I guess with Uncharted 2 right around the corner, LBP isn't a high priority, so maybe I'll wait to see if I can grab the original for

damn... I forget who but I think it's darkness who I played nearly a year ago who made a rorstacth costume...

watchmen_blog.jpg

Those costumes are beautiful, and I'd love to get them, but I haven't bought any costumes other than the MGS ones because there were also MGS levels.

I was able to find a used copy on craigslist for $23. Not the GOTY version but for the price I can live without the extra content.

A lot of fun so far, and it's something to keep me busy till October 13th.

[quote name='jh6269']Holy crap, there is 6" snow in hell, and pigs are flying north for the winter--cheapest spent $3 on useless crap! Never thought I'd see the day :))

Anyway, just got the GOTY edition today and my ModNation Racers code doesn't work WTF :([/QUOTE]

Damn right. :D Although I'll probably change it back to the one photo of Robin Meade within 2-4 months. :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Trade-in price for GOTY edition? Why not just try and trade it here? I'm sure someone will want it for more than what Gamestop will give.[/QUOTE]

i want to know for gauging what its worth, i have had it up for trade starting today.

[quote name='orntar']i want to know for gauging what its worth, i have had it up for trade starting today.[/QUOTE]

Why not check the Gamestop trade value thread then? And then check the TRU site.

I've saved you the hassle of having to go to the TRU one, it gets $18.40 there for trade. That's for the normal version though, not GOTY one.

Ah nice, a LBP thread.

Check out my level. (Lol I wouldn't be asking this is I'm not close on getting a gold trophy >_

I just made my second level (my first is so awful I'm thinking of deleting it so no one could ever know about it).

X-Men : Savage Land, it's supposed to be the first of a story arc of levels loosely based around the X-Men universe. I have the rest of the levels drawn up but I figure I'll see what the reaction to this one is first before I bother.

(It's really disheartening to get a 1 star rating seconds after posting up a level :p)

Below is a very lame trailer I slapped together quickly in Movie Maker.
object%3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoweCqpKgfI

PSN ID: IPoopyStandingUp
I would really like some feedback. :D

Did anyone else get into the LBP water beta? I just got my email for it (sent to me on friday), and I'm downloading it right now.

I personally love this game. But the only thing that irkes me is the online play. I lag in almost every level I'm in.

I can't wait until the water update, though. I wish I was in the beta for it...But that means it should be releasing soon, right?

You guys have some cool levels. I'll try to play/heart/rate them sometime. I lack the patience to attempt a level myself.

Ok guys.

I picked this up at topys r us buy2 get 1 and am not sure if I should open it up...

It is the GOTY edition.

I had the regular version, but of the 30 minutes I played it seemed to be more about customizing a character, etc than gameplay.

I normally dont get into buying a bunch of clothes, etc crap for a character. So whats your thoughts?

[quote name='Snake2715']Ok guys.

I picked this up at topys r us buy2 get 1 and am not sure if I should open it up...

It is the GOTY edition.

I had the regular version, but of the 30 minutes I played it seemed to be more about customizing a character, etc than gameplay.

I normally dont get into buying a bunch of clothes, etc crap for a character. So whats your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I think you only played the intro or something if you think LBP is about dressing your character. That's like saying Fallout is a housing simulation because you get a home in Megaton.

My home was recently burglarized and my PS3 and copy of LBP were stolen. (Among many other games!) I've gone ahead and purchased a new PS3 and I'd like to pick up the GOTY Edition of LBP. I'm wondering if my purchased DLC from the regular edition will work with the GOTY Edition? Anyone know?

[quote name='pacifickarma']My home was recently burglarized and my PS3 and copy of LBP were stolen. (Among many other games!) I've gone ahead and purchased a new PS3 and I'd like to pick up the GOTY Edition of LBP. I'm wondering if my purchased DLC from the regular edition will work with the GOTY Edition? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

You should have no problem as I am sure the game references would be the same. Since you will need to redownload all your previous purchases anyways, it should not be a problem.

LittleBigPlanet was SuperPhillip Central's Game of the Year 2008. Perhaps you love this gem, too! I've enjoyed the game enough that I've decided to create a series of levels-- a "game" if you will-- using LittleBigPlanet's expansive creation tools.

Just some quick history: my user name is based off the character I created in second grade as part of some creative project in school. Not the other way around. Since then, I've created multiple versions and mythos of the character. SuperPhillip: The Game will be a yearlong project of mine. I've completed an RPG featuring my character, so this isn't too big of a stretch to do.

The game will have six worlds of three levels each. Each third level will conclude with a boss battle featuring one of the many villains of the SuperPhillip universe. Each level has five prize bubbles that will unlock that level's challenge world-- a shorter, more challenging level-- sometimes a race, sometimes a survival challenge, sometimes a high score affair.

Level 0-1 The Warehouse

This level is the first of many, and it serves as the tutorial level. The information provided from SuperPhillip's friend, Dan, may seem elementary, but I'm making it so the game takes it that LittleBigPlanet doesn't even exist and that SuperPhillip: The Game is all the player has to learn these things. As it is its own game, I'm including everything that a retail game would have-- a coherent story, a tutorial to assist players, and loads of collectibles.

The Warehouse does not have anything to kill the player. I didn't want the tutorial level to have anything like that, but rest assured every other level definitely will. There are checkpoints in case for whatever you reason you get stuck (which you shouldn't since there's a way out of everything).

Unlike every other level, this one has six prize bubbles. The others will have five. They're usually well-hidden or hard to reach. It is a tutorial level, but there are definitely secrets to be found!

Please let me know what you think of the level. Remember that this level is the first of eighteen, so it is easy. It wouldn't be good design to make it tough or easy to die at the very first level.

1-1 Central City

Central City is the first story level of SuperPhillip: The Game! It's actually a two part level which I wasn't really planning, but I ran out of space-- not thermometer-wise but room-wise. There was nowhere left to build to the east. That was a blessing though because it allowed me to add so much detail to make the city come to life. Now this definitely filled the thermometer.

As with 0-1: The Warehouse, there are five hidden prize bubbles to collect. This earns you the sticker needed to reach the key. If you're just rushing through the level, you're not really doing it right. I've built my levels (excluding challenge levels) to encourage exploration. I hope you will look around.

Here's a playlist of my current levels.

The Leederdammer patch becomes available this Monday, and it includes:

- New way that saving works (allows for bigger profiles, backup of profiles to Save Data Utility)
- Network code got re-written
- No more Play, Create, Share numbers (They obviously couldn't fix it)
- Something about creating levels online with friends

I love this game, it pushed me to get a PS3 when I did. I'm happy that they're still adding updates to the game, but some of it is far past due. The online create should been out year ago at least. I wish they would add more levels to the game more often. I mean, we got the Metal Gear Solid pack last December, right? And then, we got a single spooky level or something, and I'm pretty sure that was it.

Havent played LBP for aawwwwhillllee..
Just started playing again, and just noticed I just need 5 more author hearts >_<

PSN: MGO_Count

Try out my levels if you have the time, +Heart author if you liked them.

There's Marvel Comics DLC? *wets pants*

I just got my PS3 on Monday, and I've been loving Little Big Planet since. It's got this great charm to it, the gameplay is great, and the music is tit-punchingly awesome. I haven't even touched the create modes yet!

bread's done
Back