Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

Man... three of us looked like idiots standing up on those buttons...

Had to run as I am having to do some revisions and I have a show I want to watch at 9. I can help with the regular levels post 10 or another day. Set it up.

Well, for anyone else who needs the 3x/4x prize bubbles, I'm game. We need to setup a time if any are interested. I think those are the only prize bubbles I'm missing from LBP.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Well, for anyone else who needs the 3x/4x prize bubbles, I'm game. We need to setup a time if any are interested. I think those are the only prize bubbles I'm missing from LBP.[/QUOTE]

I don't need them, but I always have a blast playing no matter what. So, if you need a hand, I'm happy to play.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Man... three of us looked like idiots standing up on those buttons...

Had to run as I am having to do some revisions and I have a show I want to watch at 9. I can help with the regular levels post 10 or another day. Set it up.[/QUOTE]

LoL. Good times! Thanks guys!

BlueLobstah, I also already have them but I can help if you need an extra body.

Anyone with the pirates pack that would be able to help me get the 4x area done on the second to last level, I would greatly appreciate it. I have 3 local controllers, so I could play all those and would only need 1 more person.

I'd be up for playing with 3-4 people once I get my PS3 back. Don't really have the income at the moment to shell out a heck of a lot for more controllers, and I love LBP (and platformers in general).

PSN Store has added some new costumes: Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year. The Chinese New Year costume is free. It includes 1 boy and 1 girl costume. The Valentine's Day mini-pack is $2.99. Both packs seem to be the same ones that were offered last year.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me get the party trophy? None of my friends have LBP, and I don't think you can do local lan (I only got 3 controllers anyway).

[quote name='RoganSarine']I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me get the party trophy? None of my friends have LBP, and I don't think you can do local lan (I only got 3 controllers anyway).[/QUOTE]

Yes you can do local lan, just turn on your controller, and you'll have other sack people appear as guests.

I have been meaning to play lbp as well, feel free to add me I don't mind helping you.

Surprisingly, I can't find this info anywhere on the net, and I did a bit of searching in this thread, too:

Do I need the GOTY to get the Metal Gear, etc based trophies? I only have the vanilla LBP, but since I'm able to play those levels with my friends who have GOTY, I'm assuming I can also get the trophies.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Surprisingly, I can't find this info anywhere on the net, and I did a bit of searching in this thread, too:

Do I need the GOTY to get the Metal Gear, etc based trophies? I only have the vanilla LBP, but since I'm able to play those levels with my friends who have GOTY, I'm assuming I can also get the trophies.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to buy the dlc to get the trophies.

Hey guys, I was hoping you would all help me with the Create trophy... The publish trophies are the last trophies I need in the entire game, and I just spent the last 12 hours designing a level -- Note: It's an alpha build because it doesn't quite work properly (mainly complicated by a random emitter), if I can fix it, I will release a beta version.

If you any ANY suggestions how I would properly "magnetise" the blocks... it'd be helpful.

The level is called: BEYOND Tetris Survival Alpha V1
Author: RoganSarine

Description:
The level I was trying to create was based upon Tetris, whereby, you try to avoid the falling blocks. I spent about 8 hours making a randomizing emitter generator (you should seriously see how many cables there are) with the help of my friend (I broke it somewhere along the line, and I didn't know where I went wrong).

The only unfortunate part is, the way it was designed, the emitter piston can't stop perfectly before emitting a tetris block, so... there becomes a fair amount of mayhem in regard to toppling blocks. So, to try and make the level a little less hard and a little more fun, I decided I would put water check points in the level. Where if you get high enough, you can run to one of the sides to flick a water switch and kill anyone stuck or lagging behind you.

Again, it's only the Alpha build of my stage because I really want to try and fix the level to make the blocks fall and lock squarely, but I was hoping you guys could help me out and heart it... Mainly because it's not one of those levels where someone didn't put effort into designing an interesting concept, or anything at all.

Thanks in advance for everything! I really want the platinum >.

Last edited by a moderator:
First time I really sat down and played LBP over the weekend. Had a really good time.

The controls are....lacking...as far as platforming but it's a lot of fun still. Made a level for my 3 year old as well as she really likes playing he game.

[quote name='Thomas96']I just can't go back to this game... I think I've had enough.[/QUOTE]

same. I almost platinumed this game a few momths after release, and sold it. I bought the goty version used at gamestop and was hoping to get back into it. After an hour i released i've played this game way too much and i just can't play it anymore.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']First time I really sat down and played LBP over the weekend. Had a really good time.

The controls are....lacking...as far as platforming but it's a lot of fun still. Made a level for my 3 year old as well as she really likes playing he game.[/QUOTE]
I have a tough time keeping my 3 year old away from the game since I showed it too her.

BQ4B-7ABD-72N6 this code is for the pirates level pack/costumes if you use it please post so people know its gone is all I ask thanks.

[quote name='blissskr']I have a tough time keeping my 3 year old away from the game since I showed it too her.

BQ4B-7ABD-72N6 this code is for the pirates level pack/costumes if you use it please post so people know its gone is all I ask thanks.[/QUOTE]

I used it. Thank you so much for offering that up! :)

Can someone tell me why only a few select costumes are in "My Costumes" section? I see Infamous, Watchmen, Sonic, etc. But some like God of war, Heavenly Sword, and a few others dont show up. I had to actually make kratos from the parts, while the ones in the my costumes section were already pre built.

GOTY edition of Little Big Planet is now a Greatest Hits title, now I have no reason to put off buying it now.

[quote name='halfbent']It's on the disc itself.[/QUOTE]

So how does that work? When you go to the store does it just show those as purchased already?

Quick question (I'd look, but over 200 pages...) did we get the St. Patrick's day costume or was that Europe only? (or limited time thing here)

I know there are some region specific costumes like the Emperor Costume on the HK store, but I know the game has region locked DLC (as far as I know)

It's not a biggie, I was just looking to see if there were any costumes I've missed or could have gotten for free.

[quote name='halfbent']Yeah, we had it in the US store.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks, I'll have to see on the off chance that I accidentally picked put it into my d/l list in the transaction section of the account manager. (D/l'ed a couple free costumes, just don't have a way to see what they were unless I get that far into the game to see, or recheck my d/l list :lol: )

[quote name='The 7th Number']Can someone tell me why only a few select costumes are in "My Costumes" section? I see Infamous, Watchmen, Sonic, etc. But some like God of war, Heavenly Sword, and a few others dont show up. I had to actually make kratos from the parts, while the ones in the my costumes section were already pre built.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this too. I didn't make any sense that you'd have to build Kratos but not Jack Sparrow...

Also, if I would upgrade to the GOTY version for the Metal Gear stuff can I assume my save files wouldn't know the difference?

[quote name='KingBroly']Get 100 friends?[/QUOTE]
Does that really work though? I've maxed out a few times but kept deleting so I had 98 incase someone I knew wanted to add me. But the times I maxed out I still got F requests but my RL friends said that my list was full. I don't think it blocks ALL requests. I just wish they added a fast deny option.

Does the LBP GOTY version come with the add-ons in the disk or is it some sort of voucher?

I might get a used copy and want to make sure.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Does the LBP GOTY version come with the add-ons in the disk or is it some sort of voucher?

I might get a used copy and want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Its included in the disk :)

Enjoy

Got GOTY for $25 back a few weeks ago.

I do not like this game. This is not a great game. I have been lied to. I actually feel ripped off for $25, which doesn't usually happen.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Got GOTY for $25 back a few weeks ago.

I do not like this game. This is not a great game. I have been lied to. I actually feel ripped off for $25, which doesn't usually happen.[/QUOTE]

What were you expecting this game to be?

bread's done
Back