Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Nohbdy']How many attempts did it take you to ace The Bunker?[/quote]

The Bunker actually wasn't so bad on Single Player. It maybe took me 10-15 minutes to ace it. The really hard ones were probably the challenges at the Temple onwards. It took alot of patience and memorization.

And the last level was a bitch. just because
If your last bubble to hit was the one below the head, you would fall down and get electrocuted. So I saved an outside bubble to hit last instead to avoid that.

[quote name='pete5883']I really like the figure on the bottom in the middle, but what the hell is it?[/quote]

A sackboy?
It's the costume parts you get for acing the wilderness levels.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Dang, I was hoping Edam would magically fix my level... bah. Well, I'm almost done redoing my level... bah...[/quote]

Well I was doing some research and I found out some information directly from media molecule

according to sam_protagonist at the lbw forums
http://forums.littlebigworkshop.com/lbp/board/message?board.id=pod&message.id=37439#M37439
it should be noted that it is not the patch that fixes save game and full profile issues - it helps with the way you are informed of these problems being present, but the resolution is not due just yet. We don't expect the wait for the full fix to be lengthy, but we're hitting the problems one step at a time.

Whoever designed the wheel in The Bunker is an asshole.

"Oh you got through NO YOU DID NOT EXIT THE WHEEL CORRECTLY. THEREFORE, THE EDGES ARE ELECTRIFIED SO WE'LL SHIT ON YOUR PROGRESS."

GODDAMMIT MEDIA MOLECULE, I WENT THROUGH YOUR BULLSHIT AND THIS IS HOW YOU REWARD CAUTIOUS PLAYERS

That fucking wheel needs to slow down. Seriously.

So I came back to this game and finished getting all the prize bubbles - now I have to ace all the levels and get that people heart your level thing along wih a few other random trophies.

Oh I also need to complete a level with 3 of my friends - if I could get some help with this that would be great. Feel free to let me know and add me if you need this also.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']It took me hours beating the Uncle Jalepeno stage last night. I just couldn't hold the bombs without them exploding on my ass :([/QUOTE]

Wow. Enjoy beating the rest of the game.

Little Dead Space 2 is now published...

I was getting a headache near the end, my thermometer is full...

Please give it a try and let me know asap if there are any problems.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Whoever designed the wheel in The Bunker is an asshole.

"Oh you got through NO YOU DID NOT EXIT THE WHEEL CORRECTLY. THEREFORE, THE EDGES ARE ELECTRIFIED SO WE'LL SHIT ON YOUR PROGRESS."

GODDAMMIT MEDIA MOLECULE, I WENT THROUGH YOUR BULLSHIT AND THIS IS HOW YOU REWARD CAUTIOUS PLAYERS

That fucking wheel needs to slow down. Seriously.[/quote]

The wheel is hell, and it took me a long time to beat, but the level design itself is BRILLIANT. I think it's my favorite level. See, you can play cautious, and the level even hints at how to do it in the build-up to the wheel. I couldn't for the life of me complete the wheel by doing it the obvious way, but there are multiple ways to pass the other rotating structures in the level, so I realized the same holds true for the last wheel.

I'll spoiler tag how I did it (I think I might have posted about it earlier). It requires only the minimum of jumping or timing skills, which anyone who can reach the wheel has.
Basically, you may have noticed in the level that not all of the rotating platforms have electrified ceilings. Well, none of the "ceilings" in the wheel are electrified. So all you have to do is use gravity to your advantage and drop onto each of them! That part is really easy because the inner layers are full of grabbable parts, and takes just a little bit of experimentation. The tricky part (or what I call up to complete chance) is positioning your sackboy under the final exit arrow (while he's still standing on the "ceiling"), then letting him fall due to gravity and jumping the hell out of the wheel.

If you approach the wheel this way, there is absolutely no chance that you will die until you reach the wheel's exit. That is absolutely the reward for cautious players.

The best way to tackle the wheel in the Bunker is to keep your head really steady.

EDIT: I have played LittleDeadSpace 2, and beaten it. My impressions

- There is one puzzle that is not particularly clear of what your objective is. I died on this part and had to restart. I also couldn't figure out why I was dying until I realized the gimmick. Seriously, how did you do that?

- Level bumpiness seems to be a problem. Stops my character sometimes, and made the aforementioned puzzle a bit more challenging than it should be.

- You've pretty much shamed 95% of the creators out there once again, including some at Media Molecule with this level

EDIT: Can I spread the word?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a ton broly! Any nice words will help... hah.

-Which puzzle are you talking about? Oh, the zero 02 area? Hmmm. Is there a way I could make this more clear?

- Level bumpiness? Eep. Is it laggy? My thermometer is full... and about to explode.

- Thanks man. Really appreciate it!

Please spread the word!!! =D

I spent so much fricken ass time on that level. And not to mention it corrupted and I had to do half of it again... bleh.

No, it's not laggy. I mean like there are small steps up (like really, really tiny) at some places and Sackboy gets caught, as well as the thing I'm dragging. And in the case where I died, it flipped over. Mainly this one puzzle caused me these problems. If the floor could be smoothed out without the level exploding, it'd be fine.

Oh, I cannot guarantee my level wont explode through a simple touch...

Yea, I flip the triggers a couple times as well. I felt like it added to the tension! Otherwise it would have been to easy. But, I could figure some way to fix it. Oh and about the zero oxygen zone; it's kind of like your heart rate beating faster or your air pack becoming more frantic (the sound) and than you run out of air. Pop!

Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by BostonCollegeFan
It took me hours beating the Uncle Jalepeno stage last night. I just couldn't hold the bombs without them exploding on my ass :(

simple way to do this part, is to move the explosives up top, the ones that are set off by the trigger you jump on, slide the bombs on both sides, no need to use the carts to wheel bombs over and explode them from the bottom

Finally got this patched after two botched downloads (my connection sucks lately), but I had to play LDS2! Amazing job once again, Darkness. This was my first time with the paintinator too, so that was a lot of fun. I left a comment saying it was scarier than Dead Space itself, because it's true. I freaked out when the lights went off. :lol:

Some feedback, mostly nitpicking but one major thing:
Nitpick #1: Puzzle where you have to reset the circuits, I kept accidentally jumping up on the mechanism itself and would bump it around. Didn't affect the puzzle but I think it would be good if that part was raised up or something to prevent ending up on top of it.

Nitpick #2: I got caught for a moment on some of the background debris during the zero oxygen section.

...And the tragedy that occurred and (I think) stopped me from finishing the level: During the boss fight, after I killed the two tentacles, somehow the respawn door got moved right in front of the paintinator and I couldn't get in to refill my paint and beat the boss. Is that supposed to happen because there's another way to beat the boss? Maybe I was just trigger happy because the paint is all new to me. :lol:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to another playthrough when I'm not totally sleep-deprived. So glad this didn't get lost to some glitch!

Well, hell, I couldn't figure out why there was the flurry of activitiy here and DNB published his level and all that. WTF? Then I read back about 3 pages and I see the patch is already out! Wow - I thought that was gonna be mid-Feb and we'd hear an announcement of when first and for sure it would be delayed, etc, etc... My kids have been playing - I can only assume it patched for them and they just didn't bother to tell me. So now I should be able to play without being booted to the XMB upon startup?? I guess I'll try it in a bit.

Hey Just Found Little Big Planet For $28.99+$6=$35 W/shipping At Graveyardmall.com From Slickdeals. Only Bad Part Is The Games Ships 2/20. But Still A Great Price,

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Fixed up a lot of the problems.

To bad no one plays this game any more. Spend all this time and no-one is even playing as much as they use to![/quote]

not true. More people seem to play on the weekend. Besides the word of mouth is just spreading that the level was published. Kick ass level btw. You'll be getting a ton of plays in no time.

I'll probably get to playing more again soon. I've been having the same problems as Io with getting booted back to the XMB.

I'm going to start playing again now that I can. It helps when the game works. And my 6 year-old has played this game every single day since Christmas ;).

I'll have to tell him to look for your new level DNB, if he hasn't already played it.

I know Dino Island 3 came out which they were pretty excited for.

There's still issues with playing this online with others, which is an important aspect to me. I don't really enjoy playing the game by myself. I'll pick it up again when that TCP/IP patch comes out that was listed.

I played with some people late Saturday and I was amazed at how much the lag improved. It's not perfect, but it's tons better. I still noticed the projectile issues (where they don't appear right away), while somewhat better, wasn't perfect.

[quote name='mguiddy']I played with some people late Saturday [/quote]

Mguiddy, Today is the first day i looked AT you avatar, i always just glanced at it out of the corner of my eye. Im sad to realize it is NOT Steven Segal.

Im going now.

[quote name='Lice']Mguiddy, Today is the first day i looked AT you avatar, i always just glanced at it out of the corner of my eye. Im sad to realize it is NOT Steven Segal.

Im going now.[/quote]
:lol:
No, it is most definitely not Steven Segal, though, now that you mention it, I see the resemblance.

I am making a level with a jetpack in it - but when I place the jetpack in there I can not figure out how to attach it to the floor or anything. As it is now you can just fly anywherre with the jetpack and its string hanging there unattached to the floor. How do I attach it to something?

[quote name='fuss']I am making a level with a jetpack in it - but when I place the jetpack in there I can not figure out how to attach it to the floor or anything. As it is now you can just fly anywherre with the jetpack and its string hanging there unattached to the floor. How do I attach it to something?[/quote]

Just like any object, "glue it" to the floor (by holding X) or place it in the geometry.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Just like any object, "glue it" to the floor (by holding X) or place it in the geometry.[/quote]
I must be stupid then lol - I can not get it to stick for the life of me. I did get one to stay in place with a rod connected to the floor lol - but still trying to ge it to stick to the floor on its own... :cold:

[quote name='fuss']I must be stupid then lol - I can not get it to stick for the life of me. I did get one to stay in place with a rod connected to the floor lol - but still trying to ge it to stick to the floor on its own... :cold:[/quote]

Grab the jetpack, move it to the floor (so it is touching the floor), hold X. Done!

bread's done
Back