Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Grab the jetpack, move it to the floor (so it is touching the floor), hold X. Done![/quote]

LOL...I must have 50 hours of level design in this game and two four star levels...and I did not know that trick.

Need to fix a bunch of trees in Little LOST...maybe tomorrow.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Grab the jetpack, move it to the floor (so it is touching the floor), hold X. Done![/quote]
I just changing the material I first had and that did the trick.

I keep getting the profle to large error please delete some stickers,objects ext.. error.

Only thing is i have deleted everything except for the stuff you get from the actual game and i still get the error when playing any level online that has new objects/stickers in it.

I looked in my popit thing and theres not even one sticker showing from community only the ones from the real levels that came with the game.

So I just ordered this game (finally!) from Newegg and it should be here this week. As far as CAG members go, does everyone make a level and then everyone tries to complete it or what? I'd like to participate in a few after SF4 pisses me off for the night lol.

[quote name='Pck21']So I just ordered this game (finally!) from Newegg and it should be here this week. As far as CAG members go, does everyone make a level and then everyone tries to complete it or what? I'd like to participate in a few after SF4 pisses me off for the night lol.[/quote]
We have a thread for CAG Recommended levels and one for helping CAGs get the trophies... but I think the OP for the trophy one vanished or something, he hasn't updated in a while.

[quote name='mguiddy']We have a thread for CAG Recommended levels and one for helping CAGs get the trophies... but I think the OP for the trophy one vanished or something, he hasn't updated in a while.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see. Thanks for the reply and I'll hopefully be up and running soon!

Agh, hate all these ten year olds (what it seems like) posting their levels on my levels... About 80% of the comments on my levels are like; "Bob Saget in space?! Sounds exciting! COME PLAY MY LEVL BOB SAGET LOST IN SPACE!!!" "dino.booty.escape.playnow" "h4h!!!!!"

Bah!

[quote name='icpmattj']I keep getting the profle to large error please delete some stickers,objects ext.. error.

Only thing is i have deleted everything except for the stuff you get from the actual game and i still get the error when playing any level online that has new objects/stickers in it.

I looked in my popit thing and theres not even one sticker showing from community only the ones from the real levels that came with the game.[/quote]

Have you looked in your Goodies bag? You can only access the Goodies bag when your in create a level.

Delete some stuff there :)

[quote name='mguiddy']We have a thread for CAG Recommended levels and one for helping CAGs get the trophies... but I think the OP for the trophy one vanished or something, he hasn't updated in a while.[/quote]

Levels - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208305&highlight=PLanet

Trophies - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211490&highlight=PLanet

Enjoy :)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Agh, hate all these ten year olds (what it seems like) posting their levels on my levels... About 80% of the comments on my levels are like; "Bob Saget in space?! Sounds exciting! COME PLAY MY LEVL BOB SAGET LOST IN SPACE!!!" "dino.booty.escape.playnow" "h4h!!!!!"

Bah![/quote]

I'm getting a lot of that too. I used to play their levels just because they took time to comment, but only once did I stumble on a really good level (was called "Lost in Time", I think). Usually the levels are really rough.

I played LDS2 tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit...meant to leave h4h, but I forgot. ;)

[quote name='KingBroly']Delete their comments then.[/quote]

I used to, but I would get like 50 a day. And the deleting system isn't that good so I don't feel like having to go through all of them. And it's just annoying to delete them!

I don't mind if you say, "Hey I loved your level! Can you come try my level; Bobs Adventure? Thanks!" No problem! But I hate these:

"Play.cats.vs.mice.2.now."

Or, "I played your level and hearted you. So go heart mine."

So rude!

I played LDS2 tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit...meant to leave h4h, but I forgot.

Thank you!

Hey everyone i bought littlebigplanet today. Played mostly single player but dipped a bit into multi for about 30min. Lovin the game so far.
If you guys wanna play and show me the ropes add me as a friend. Limelight1979. Please insert lbp cag in the message so Ill know who you are. :)

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Have you looked in your Goodies bag? You can only access the Goodies bag when your in create a level.

Delete some stuff there :)

/quote]

That totally fixed it.

Thanks

I bought LBP on ebay for $32, free shipping! as you probally know, blu-ray discs are reigon free, so a company in Britain is selling a ton of British copies on ebay to american buyers. Shipping took a week, and it runs perfectly! Love the game, already logged at least 35hrs. on it, but I cant get past the 2nd level of the last world =[ I dont have interent on my ps3 (im a procrastinator) but even if you dont have internet, this game is 100% worth even $60.

Just recived this game in the mail today it its totally amazing. It's almost as good as MGS4(I'm a totall MGS fan boy so nothing will ever be better than it, lol) I gotta say I repect you guys that can go through it and make your own levels. It's alot more involved than I though it would be. There are some really cool ones out there. I played this japanese roller coster one, and it was awsome.

[quote name='kurokubushi']Just recived this game in the mail today it its totally amazing. It's almost as good as MGS4(I'm a totall MGS fan boy so nothing will ever be better than it, lol) I gotta say I repect you guys that can go through it and make your own levels. It's alot more involved than I though it would be. There are some really cool ones out there. I played this japanese roller coster one, and it was awsome.[/QUOTE]

Did you wind up getting the MGS4 pack? it should be right up your alley.. :D

[quote name='jonlubbe']Did you wind up getting the MGS4 pack? it should be right up your alley.. :D[/quote]

Lol, I actually downloaded the Solid Snake skin as soon as the Trade was confirmed, before I even recived the game XD

On its own, the game is great. Truly great. I played through it with my kids, and they loved it. Some parts were a little frustrating (my son is 8, daughter 6), but since only one of us had to clear a check point to advance the rest of us, it usually wasn't too bad. After going through the levels again to get more stuff, I explained to them what the community levels were, and they totally got it. Now that's all they'll play. They know how to search, and they appreciate the great levels--especially after seeing daddy fail miserably at trying to build one. And, there's the question. I went through all of the tutorials, but I still have no freaking clue how the heck people turn their concepts into LBP reality. Would anyone take the time to "tutor" me for a few hours some time? Just asking. Send me a PM or respond in the thread.

[quote name='smiggity']LBP for PSP officially announced today[/quote]

Neat concept, but wont be nearly as fun as the ps3 version.

To the guy about creating levels. Yeah I know, the tutorial system was kinda dumb, It would be better if it helped you make a "cookie cutter" level from start to finish, instead of learning all the tools individualy. I'd also be up for a tutoring session if anyone is willing to do a group one.

On this note, I know I'm not the first person to think of this so I'll just ask. Has any one solved the weight distabution problem when creating a rocket powerd skateboard? Any one else fooling around with this has probally seen that the board tends to flip when in the air, I've tried applying counter weights, but havent found anything that works yet.

[quote name='Kromax']On its own, the game is great. Truly great. I played through it with my kids, and they loved it. Some parts were a little frustrating (my son is 8, daughter 6), but since only one of us had to clear a check point to advance the rest of us, it usually wasn't too bad. After going through the levels again to get more stuff, I explained to them what the community levels were, and they totally got it. Now that's all they'll play. They know how to search, and they appreciate the great levels--especially after seeing daddy fail miserably at trying to build one. And, there's the question. I went through all of the tutorials, but I still have no freaking clue how the heck people turn their concepts into LBP reality. Would anyone take the time to "tutor" me for a few hours some time? Just asking. Send me a PM or respond in the thread.[/quote]

If you have any questions I could help you out here.

Just let me know. I hope they add Online COOP Creation soon...

Is there any way to see how many community levels you have played? I have been doing this for a few days and its all a blur... I could be one away or 100 away from 150 :drool:

edit - well I gues it does not matter now lol - got the plat after about 10 more levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy fuck! Finally got my Play trophy after a tense bout with the Bunker. I thought that the Wheel of Death would be my downfall, but that was cake. I kept getting killed on everything else! Now I just have to find all of those stupid prize bubbles. Anyone who's up for some co-op prize bubble hunting tomorrow night, add me! ZackieChan on psn.

[quote name='daminion']Looks like I have a reason to play LBP again... this looks amazing.

[/quote]
That was jaw droppingly awesome.

Something awesome is coming to LBP soon.

3310385848_b39b36aae5.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/27/patapon-2-it’s-pata-pata-pata-on/

The need to stop fooling around with costumes, and release the dang patch that allows Online co-op creation mode. I ddi reasearch on this and they were suposedly suposed to replease this pstch a couple weeks after the games release, and now sevral months later we still havent seen it.

I'm trying to get 100% for all the prize bubbles, is there anyone who wants to play with me online and try to achieve these? I use a mic online and my PSN is Kadaj24.

Was also about to post the contra video. Online community is just awesome

Up until LBP, I would get all the big games on PC (Oblivion, Fallout 3) b/c of the community mods which expanded the play-value of the game 100-fold

Man I love custom content

okay, searched the thread, no, no info on Wobble Poles (mini level in Wedding).

HELP! I'm stuck and going mad! I can't find the damn key to unlock Wobble Pole the mini level in the Wedding level. I looked up gamesfaq, it told me that the damn key is in the Wedding Reception, but i just can't find it and i got 100% ACED too. Argh! The only damn key is the Survival Key, which is on the big hat of the dancing skeleton toward the end... Am i missing something?!?!

There are 2 keys on that stage. 1 is right before the dancing skeleton, high above the last springy platform, and the 2nd one is on the brim of the dancing skeletons hat (so you have to go across the front of the hat, not on top of it.

If that's useful, please heart me in game! If you can't get it with that description, friend me, and maybe we can try to get it later.

I tried to beat the first level of LittleBigContra, but man, that first boss is cheap. Why'd they they have to go and change it to make it harder? It makes no sense to me why they did that.

I decided it's finally time to grab this game, I'll probably get it this weekend, and I already grabbed the free costumes from PSN. I'm sure the preorder costume codes like Kratos are long gone, but are there costumes or codes from places that I should check out that aren't on PSN?

bread's done
Back