LittleBigPlanet 2 - Out now! Get yer levels/games/genres today!

It's too bad that it seems no one plays any more.

I am still having a ton of fun creating my levels, though I may burn out on that soon. My fear is I'll have my level 90% done and then just leave it.

I am progressing on what I think is a pretty nice twin-stick arcade shooter.

I've overcome a lot of hurdles and those tutorials helped out a bit. What I am trying to figure out now is how to give the player multiple lives. That is proving to be a bit tricky.

I also still want to do the online Vs. game boosting some time. If anyone wants to do that please add me and let me know when you can be on (late evening/night preferred). It shouldn't take long at all with the quick Vs. levels I have hearted.

Yay, my twin-stick shooter level is finally done. This is my first real attempt at making a nice level. My 1 level published in LBP 1 was just for trophies and my previous LBP 2 level was just messing around.

I've spent a few hours nearly every night the last 2 weeks making this one though.

It is still a work in progress, though definitely publishable at this point. Single-player only for now (but I plan to change that or maybe make another version for multiplayer).

I won't be able to work on it next week, so I wanted to get it published this weekend so it can get some plays and feedback before I have a chance to tweak it.

Give it a shot:

http://lbp.me/v/yj8p0k

You CAG gaming pros should have no problem beating my current high score (10,050). I died on the 6th or 7th round. I'm sure you can ace it no problem. You do get to be hit 5 times plus there are several health pickups. You also get a third shooter when you are down to one health bar (I just added that in before publishing it). So hopefully it is significantly less frustrating than the one-shot death shooter levels I've seen.

Anyone looking to get rid of their CEs might want to check out Amazon today- the CE has a TIV of 57.75.

Just thought i'd point it out since CEs usually don't have that high of a trade in value at most places (ex. Dead Space 2 CE is $8 and the regular is $30) and the game itself has a "NOT FOR RESALE" label on it.

It'd be nice if someone had the regular edition on the cheap... It'd be a good opportunity to offload those book ends and get a copy with a sku that could be traded later.

C'mon CAGs, there has got to still be a few of you still playing LBP 2. Please try out my level. I promise it isn't a quick trophy grab level. I spent a hell of a lot of time making this:

It is really hard to get new levels noticed in order to separate them from all the garbage levels published every few seconds. I thought maybe a few plays from you guy would help it stand out. It only has SIX plays since I published it Friday night and two of those are from my own kids ;).

But it is a bit frustrating to see crappy movie cut-scene levels and stupid "glitch" demonstrations making "Cool Picks" with 1000's of plays and yet an actually somewhat decent game can't even get noticed by anyone.

I resorted to culling through the new levels last night and finding other new shooter levels and commenting on them and asking their creators to play mine. I actually got a few reciprocal plays that way, but it is a real pain and I don't want to have to keep doing that.

[quote name='nbballard']Anyone looking to get rid of their CEs might want to check out Amazon today- the CE has a TIV of 57.75.

Just thought i'd point it out since CEs usually don't have that high of a trade in value at most places (ex. Dead Space 2 CE is $8 and the regular is $30) and the game itself has a "NOT FOR RESALE" label on it.

It'd be nice if someone had the regular edition on the cheap... It'd be a good opportunity to offload those book ends and get a copy with a sku that could be traded later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I locked in TIV just in case I decide to trade it in.

[quote name='io']C'mon CAGs, there has got to still be a few of you still playing LBP 2. Please try out my level. I promise it isn't a quick trophy grab level. I spent a hell of a lot of time making this:

It is really hard to get new levels noticed in order to separate them from all the garbage levels published every few seconds. I thought maybe a few plays from you guy would help it stand out. It only has SIX plays since I published it Friday night and two of those are from my own kids ;).

But it is a bit frustrating to see crappy movie cut-scene levels and stupid "glitch" demonstrations making "Cool Picks" with 1000's of plays and yet an actually somewhat decent game can't even get noticed by anyone.

I resorted to culling through the new levels last night and finding other new shooter levels and commenting on them and asking their creators to play mine. I actually got a few reciprocal plays that way, but it is a real pain and I don't want to have to keep doing that.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, if I had the game I'd play it just for you!

Working on trading for it, hopefully.

[quote name='HydroX']FWIW, if I had the game I'd play it just for you!

Working on trading for it, hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Well, obviously, I don't expect someone who doesn't have the game yet to play it ;).

Still no more plays since last night though... And strangely enough the two people that did play it last night got scores of 0 and 620. Seriously, you can close your eyes and do better than that!

Oh, and if anyone does play it let me know what you think of the background. The one review I have says it is boring (just the background that is), but I was going for a "classic" look and didn't want a cluttered background (which also would make the game harder to play and I think it is pretty hard as it is). I'm open to changing it, though, if anyone has a good idea.

[quote name='Invin']^ Queued. I'll try it the next time I hop on.[/QUOTE]

+1 (wrapped up in other games, so not sure when I'll play it, but I will eventually!)

Thanks guys, I'm inching up there (9 plays so far). I made a little tweak and republished it Sunday night. That seems to help get a few random people to play it.

I still don't know what's up with all these people scoring 0 points...

I could also use just ONE more heart on my LBP 1 level (called "cagio"). And I need about 23 more creator hearts (that is for the LBP 1 Creator trophy).

As for the 25 online Vs. wins trophy, I'm inching towards that. I just get people to join by watching some stupid movie (for whatever reason people will ask to join during those) and then get them into a few quick Vs. levels. I try not to be too annoying about it but that seems to be the best way. Besides that and the 50 unique plays of my user levels, I've got the platinum on LBP 2 sewn up.

In other news, has anyone played the Mm Picks Pac-Man level? That thing is amazing. It is a nearly faithful recreation of the original Pac-Man, though of course it has some LBP oddities to it that don't make it quite perfect. For one thing it is too easy - I never get as far on real Pac-Man as I can on this one (the ghosts don't seem to speed up as much level-to-level). And, really, there isn't much point to playing a Pac-Man clone in LBP. But I, for one, appreciate the incredibly hard work that must have gone into making it.

[quote name='io']But it is a bit frustrating to see crappy movie cut-scene levels and stupid "glitch" demonstrations making "Cool Picks" with 1000's of plays and yet an actually somewhat decent game can't even get noticed by anyone.

I resorted to culling through the new levels last night and finding other new shooter levels and commenting on them and asking their creators to play mine. I actually got a few reciprocal plays that way, but it is a real pain and I don't want to have to keep doing that.[/QUOTE]

I queued it up and I'll get to it sometime soon.

io, I'd be glad to still help do the 2 player vs online wins sometime this week. The online is just way too frustrating as half the time you can't even connect to other (random) players or just get rejected. Other than the 50 plays, it's the only other collaborative trophy that I'm missing. I'm up to 41 there with one of my levels, so i figure it's only a matter of time before I get that one.

The rest of them are just an account of me not being lazy and actually doing them. ;)

I'm actually up to 20 out of 25 by doing it the hard way. But yeah, if you want to finish those vs wins off with me (and my son as well - he only needs like 3 more) then we can do that - will save a bunch of time. It could take me 2-3 hours, otherwise, to get those last 5. But not till this weekend - I'm away from home right now.

So, since I can't play right now, I was messing around on lbp.me.

Guess who has the #1 hearted level in all of LBP 1/2?

http://lbp.me/search?t=most_hearted

Yep, CAG's very own Darknessbear. And the amazing thing is that it looks like hasn't even picked up LBP 2 yet. What gives, DNB?

[quote name='io']C'mon CAGs, there has got to still be a few of you still playing LBP 2. Please try out my level. I promise it isn't a quick trophy grab level. I spent a hell of a lot of time making this:

[/QUOTE]

Queued...I'll give it a go tonight :)

queued up your level io. My internet was so slow I couln't really join in any community levels.
got it fixed and is running great, so time for me to jump back into this game. I'll send ya a friend request io if you are still playing (non of my friends seem to be playing anymore either)

[quote name='shadowkast']queued up your level io. My internet was so slow I couln't really join in any community levels.
got it fixed and is running great, so time for me to jump back into this game. I'll send ya a friend request io if you are still playing (non of my friends seem to be playing anymore either)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll keep playing for a bit, but probably not every day like before. I have another level that I was close to finishing and I might as well do that. I've been out of town all week but will be back tomorrow and probably playing LBP 2 again on Saturday.

Played your level io, it's really good! The dual stick shooter controls felt a little odd but that was probably just me. Great job! :D

I hate to keep pimping my level, but I only need 8 more plays for the 50 plays trophy. So if you haven't played it yet, I would appreciate it! http://lbp.me/v/xe80sc

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...aystation-move-even-endless-er-possibilities/
You keen-visioned PlayStation.Blog readers are bound to know that the LittleBigPlanet 2 PlayStation Move DLC was officially announced at the E3 PlayStation press conference (huzzah!). You were no doubt left with questions around what it does, how it works and what marvels will be possible once our army of LBP creators get their hands on it.

In a nutshell, the PlayStation Move Pack lets you create levels with (and for) the PlayStation Move motion controller, and it includes a set of levels built by Media Molecule to make your creative juices juicier. LBP has always been all about communities creating and sharing, so rather than show you our 200-slide marketing presentation, I’ll hand you over to Andrew, AKA Chimpanzee, creator extraordinaire and editor of the splendid Rocket Cheetah, for enlightenment…

Back in May I was lucky enough to be invited to the hallowed grounds of Mm Towers to check out the new LittleBigPlanet 2 features they were working on and hang out with some well-known Creators to see what they could do with them. We all knew that Media Molecule were working on an update to the game, introducing brand new tools which make use of the PlayStation Move motion controller, but what we saw was so much more than LBP 2 with added ‘waggle’.

15 members of the community from as far afield as the USA and France descended on Media Molecule’s Guildford studios and to kick things off we were given a brief demonstration of some of the features of the Move Pack.

Looking back, I suppose I shouldn’t have been surprised by how much was being given to creators – after all, Media Molecule aren’t exactly known for doing things by halves. Aside from features that people are expecting, the Move Pack also includes a wealth of amazing new gadgets and tweaks which Creators have either been asking for forever or don’t even know that they need yet, but will soon wonder how they ever did without.

First up was the Manipulator, a power-up which can be dropped into a level to instantly enable Move gameplay. It works just like other power-ups that you’re already familiar with; It’s equipped when a player walks over it and can be removed with the power-up remover. With the Manipulator, the player aims by pointing the Move motion controller and can pick up, move around and carry grabbable objects using the trigger. It has a set range (similar to that of the grappling hook) indicated by a translucent orb around Sackboy.

The Moveinator is the PlayStation Move’s equivalent of the Controlinator. As well as all the standard buttons, it gives Creators access to all of the Move’s sensors: Gyroscopes for rotation and tilt on all and the accelerometers to detect up. down, left and right movement. Anyone who’s used the Controlinator in their levels will find the Moveinator’s circuit board very familiar. All of the outputs can be wired-up to Mover logic to allow the player to control any object directly.

Combine the Moveinator with the Move Cursor and you’ve got instant point and shoot gameplay. Just plonk one of these new logic chips down on the Moveinator’s circuit board and you’re given a reticule which you can aim with the PlayStation Move. You can customize the pointer to be any sticker you like and you can even tweak a range of options to have it change color or even switch to a completely different graphic when it hovers over specific objects.

To illustrate how some of the new features could be used, we were shown a few of the MM-made levels that’ll be included in the downloadable pack. It’s the largest piece of DLC that Media Molecule have released so far and the variety of gameplay is bound to inspire Creators to come up with even more exciting and original ideas. The main story levels consist mainly of puzzle/platformers where you play using with a DualShock or Sub-controller in one hand and the PlayStation Move in the other – a control scheme that was surprisingly easy to get used to. But the mini games are where I was really blown-away. One was a Labyrinth-style game where you had to tilt the Move to guide a ball through a maze-like track. In another, you had to use the Move Cursor to arrange objects, conveyer belts and bounce pads on a board to guide a dumb Sackbot from one side to the other.

Overwhelmed? I was. But grab a cup of coffee and take a deep breath because we aren’t even nearly done yet!

Next we we shown some of the smaller but equally pleasing new tweaks and tools. Firstly, Media Molecule have been listening and have delivered on a much-requested feature: Multipliers on Score Givers! Huzzah! You can even tweak how often the score is multiplied and by how much. They’ve also introduced Speed and Rotation Sensors which output if and how much an object is moving, which I’m sure will be music to many Creators’ ears. There’s also a new Slicer Tool. This works in a similar way to the Corner Editing Tool but allows you to pick any two points on the edge of a shape and slice it in two – a big time-saver.

Yet another new tool is the Move Recorder – a new logic chip which records the fluid motion of the Move controller. This allows Creators to give realistic, organic behavior to any object and anyone who’s used Sackbots’ “Act” function will instantly recognize how it works.

Well, that’s about it. Oh wait, no it’s not!

Just a small thing really, no big deal, it’s just that LittleBigPlanet 2 now has a freakin’ paint studio! The fully-featured Sticker Creator takes you to a whole new interface where the Move controller is your paint brush. Excuse me while I gush here for a moment but it really is no exaggeration to say that the artistic types among you will be able to create fully-fledged masterpieces with this. There’s a selection of brush types, shapes and colors to choose from and you can also change the brushes opacity, allowing you to blend several colors together to get that precise shade that you’re after. You could also take any existing sticker and use it as a brush or stamp. I used it to make a rather lovely ocean of bright yellow rubber ducks but you could of course get a little more creative with it and compose hundreds of different stickers together into something incredible.

The paintings you make can then be used as stickers in-game, shared in prize bubbles or exported in high-resolution to the XMB.

With all these awesome new stickers you’ll be making, you’ll want a way to display them in their full glory in your levels. Mm has you covered, yet again, with the new Sticker Panel material. This mysterious new substance is magical; draw out a block of it in Create mode and as soon as you stick a sticker to it, it becomes completely invisible, leaving only the sticker behind. Sticker Panels behave in a similar way to the Hologram material in that it has no physical properties, can pass through other objects and can be stacked on top of one another in the same layer. However, unlike Hologram material, a Sticker Panel doesn’t affect the sticker’s color or opacity… unless you want it to of course.

Phew! That about does it for my ‘brief’ round-up of the LBP 2 Move Game Jam. It was a truly amazing to see some master Creators in action, let loose with some new toys. I really cannot wait to see what the rest of the community does with them.

A huge thank you to Spaff, Tom and everyone at Mm for making it happen and to everyone who was there on the day for letting me tap them on the shoulder every 10 minutes with a curious “Whatcha dooin’?”
Basically, it includes a bunch of tools for creators to make levels with Move along with a bunch of levels made by Media Molecule.

Sooo do people still play this? I picked it up like 3 weeks ago and have been having fun with it.
I love playing created levels it's amazing what people can come up with
If anyone still plays on a semi regular basis add me
one question: does this game support voice chat? I saw lots of ppl text msg or whatever and I'm not sure if they were hearing me on the mic...

My son still plays it all the time. If any new people could give my level a whirl, I'd really appreciate it. I've been stuck at 42 plays for several weeks now (since before the PSN outage). I only need 8 more plays to get that trophy, which is my second-to-last.

OK, it got one more play 9 days ago so I'm on 43 ;).

I'm still at 43 plays... Based on how many random plays I got a few months back I'd say the online has really died down for this one.

[quote name='io']I'm still at 43 plays... Based on how many random plays I got a few months back I'd say the online has really died down for this one.[/QUOTE]
I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think if your level isn't recognized as some super awesome must play level within an hour of being published, it just sort of fades into obscurity and never has a chance because there is just so much constantly being published.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think if your level isn't recognized as some super awesome must play level within an hour of being published, it just sort of fades into obscurity and never has a chance because there is just so much constantly being published.[/QUOTE]

Well, for the first 2-3 weeks it was up, it got random plays every day or two. But there has only been 1 since PSN came back up. I even re-published it right after that (which should make it appear as a "new" level).

But, yes, I do understand what you are saying. As more and more levels (95%-99% of which are junk) get published, it is harder to get noticed. It is kind of frustrating that crappy levels (like the Kill Justin Bieber ones) hit that critical mass and stay near the top of "Cool Levels", and yet ones where people put some time into them fade into oblivion. When I was playing regularly I tried to play as many new or low-play levels as I could and some of them were very well done but just went unnoticed.

I guess I'll have to resort to what I did early on - find other similar levels and leave comments asking those people to play mine. I got probably 10 plays that way. Since I just need 7 more that ought to do it (though I was really hoping CAG would help me out ;)). But I know one thing for sure - as much as I enjoyed making my level I am not going to spend much more time doing that as it is a lot of work for very little payoff.

Ok, so LittleBigPlanet 2 is Move compatible. I can't figure it out. Are there only add-ons that are compatible or are certain levels? I really can't understand it. Or maybe this is one that you need the navigation controller for (I haven't sprung for one yet). But it won't let me turn on the motion controller.

Thanks.

It seems a little mis-marketed to launch a game with "Playstation Move Compatible" clearly on it, but it doesn't come with anything Move related on the disc, even a game as good as this one.

I guess I should get around to playing this one of these days, since I still have the outfit pack from my LE I picked up at launch. Is that outfit pack even still valid though I wonder.:cry:

rise from the dead!!!! anyone picking up the $10 move dlc??? I have never created a level so most of the pack seems worthless to me (until people start making some sweet levels).

[quote name='shadowkast']rise from the dead!!!! anyone picking up the $10 move dlc??? I have never created a level so most of the pack seems worthless to me (until people start making some sweet levels).[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I'll end up getting it since my son likes to play.

Just checked out my level again and I'm at 48 plays. I just need 2 more for that trophy (one of the last I need if not the last):

And if anyone is kind enough to put that jerk ttrlabs in his place I would appreciate it (see the comments on the level). I mean, if you don't like it you don't like it, but I hardly think it qualifies as "pathetic" compared to most other user-created levels.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/07/littlebigplanet-2-now-39-99-move-support-enabled/

The price has been dropped to $40, the latest patch has added Move support and lets you play with the Move and nunchuck, and the Move Pack will be out next week. The first video in the post shows how the controls work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I finally just picked this up, it dropped on Amazon to only $29.96 new so I used some credit.

[quote name='io']I'm sure I'll end up getting it since my son likes to play.

Just checked out my level again and I'm at 48 plays. I just need 2 more for that trophy (one of the last I need if not the last):

And if anyone is kind enough to put that jerk ttrlabs in his place I would appreciate it (see the comments on the level). I mean, if you don't like it you don't like it, but I hardly think it qualifies as "pathetic" compared to most other user-created levels.[/QUOTE]

I should have this soon, I'll give your level a play to help you out when I get some free time.

[quote name='dotCody']Biggest mistake of 2011, for me, was buying the Collector's Edition the day it came out -.- fucking Sony.[/QUOTE]

But aren't those flimsy little bookends just so incredibly useful? ;)
And yeah, I bought it too...

Question - did a recent patch disable the ability for players 2-4 to use DLC costumes that were purchased on player 1's account?

I tried to play last night and my friend couldn't use costumes that I had purchased. Anybody else noticed this?

[quote name='mkernan']Question - did a recent patch disable the ability for players 2-4 to use DLC costumes that were purchased on player 1's account?

I tried to play last night and my friend couldn't use costumes that I had purchased. Anybody else noticed this?[/QUOTE]

On the same system you mean? That would suck big time since I bought a bunch of costume packs for my son - but on my account... We haven't played in a few weeks though.

I was pissed already that they've never included costume packs as free or at least discounted Playstation Plus purchases. If they changed the way DLC works for multiple users on the same system I'll never buy another LBP pack again.

[quote name='io']But aren't those flimsy little bookends just so incredibly useful? ;)
And yeah, I bought it too...[/QUOTE]
I only bought it cuz I had a bunch of Amazon promotional credits(from denied NorAm trades) that I wanted to use up, so it only cost me around $7-8 out of pocket to get the CE of LBP2. The bookends are still sitting in the box, as is the plush Sackboy, although that's also likely because I have about 30-40 of those from Blockbuster's clearance for $1.29 each.:lol:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...dle-lbp2-special-edition-uncharted-3-costume/

There's a new Special Edition and Move Bundle coming soon:
6281090204_dcf76d6961.jpg

LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition = LBP2 + Move + over $35 of bonus goodies

If you’re reading this, we know all/most of you already have LittleBigPlanet 2, but for those of you who don’t, or if you have friends who don’t, this is the perfect time to get your hands on the latest Sackboy adventure. Not just because it’s been one of the most popular games on PS3 in 2011, but because it includes tons and tons of bonus content, including:

PlayStation Move support: Now you can choose to play LittleBigPlanet 2 with all new Move controls and enjoy the over 6,000 Move games created by fans like you…FOR FREE! Endless Fun!
LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack: Rise of the Cakeling: A whole new adventure in which a rogue cake threatens doom and destruction, and you Sackfolk must once again attempt to restore peace to Craftworld, featuring 5 new levels + 7 mini-levels, and tons of goodies. Plus, all of the cool new Move tools to let you Create and Share your own “Move” games for the rest of the community to Play! This suite of new creative tools give you the power to create your own Move games, record fluid motions, and paint your own stickers, while using a boatload of new stickers, materials, decorations, costumes, music, sound and sequencer objects that will vastly broaden your creative palette, and make your Popit burst at the seams.
Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story Level Pack– five new levels + two mini-levels + one Alien costume and more goodies.
Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story Costume Pack – Buzz Lightyear, Slinky Dog, Hamm, and Rex costumes for Sackboy!
Pets Costumes — The full line of costumes (12) from the Cats Costume Pack, Dogs Costume Pack, and Even More Animals Costume Pack

The LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition will be available at select retailers on November 15th, just in time for the holidays. Tell your friends!

6280573135_bde1827a8f.jpg

LittleBigPlanet 2 PlayStation Move Bundle

It’s everything you need to get Sackboy Moving! The LBP2 PS Move bundle, includes everything you need to enjoy LBP2 in a whole different way, including:

LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition
1 PlayStation Move Motion Controller
1 PlayStation Move Navigation Controller
1 PlayStation Eye Camera

Be on the look out for the LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition and LittleBigPlanet 2 PlayStation Move Bundle available at select retailers on November 15th!
The SE is $60 and the Move Bundle is $130.

bread's done
Back