LittleBigPlanet 2 - Out now! Get yer levels/games/genres today!

[quote name='zekeike']
Dive In 25 (Bronze)Dive in and play 25 random levels with other players, and don't immediately leave!
- don't have and plays yet

Play 75 Community Levels (Silver)Play 75 unique cooperative community levels
- got about 36 now[/QUOTE]
For the Dive In, there is an option at the top of the communities list called "Dive In" where you're connected with a random player. I don't think anyone can actually help you with it.
For the other one, just play community levels until you get it. You don't need anyone with you.

Yeah, in fact "Dive In" may be harder with multiple people - that's just another reason to be rejected for a connection (it is easier to get in to someone else's game as 1 player than 2 or 3).

I know I couldn't get into anything when trying with my son the other day.

I queued up everyone levels who's posted them in this forum. I went through and played them earlier today. I hearted both your levels and the authors as well. And thanks to everyone who has played my level and hearted me and my levels.

[quote name='io']Cause I don't know how to do that ;).

I figured for people on my friend's list (ie, most of you you guys) it is easy enough to find my levels anyway. That's how I got to dykenom's.

Alright, I guess mine is here:

http://lbp.me/v/xfxd95[/QUOTE]

I greatly revised and updated mine last night - many more tubes to crawl through with branching paths. I also put in a few random sackbots. I also removed the "versus" from it since most people will probably play it solo - so at least now you can go for a high score and get on the leaderboard.

Umm gonna sound like a complete noob, but when you post reviews, or comments on levels. You see your profile with your comment, on the left of the profile you have a sackboy picture, how do i change that "avatar" i currently have the "ratchet" sackboy but i want to change it to something else. cant find this anywhere.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Umm gonna sound like a complete noob, but when you post reviews, or comments on levels. You see your profile with your comment, on the left of the profile you have a sackboy picture, how do i change that "avatar" i currently have the "ratchet" sackboy but i want to change it to something else. cant find this anywhere.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure I'm completely wrong but isn't it the picture of what your sackboy is currently wearing?

i know this is a shot in the dark but, does the extra disc based dlc i got from owning the game of the year edition of LBP transfer over to lbp2? i'd hate to have to buy the metal gear costumes and water pack cuz essentially i already have it and love it.

[quote name='shadowkast']I'm sure I'm completely wrong but isn't it the picture of what your sackboy is currently wearing?[/QUOTE]

Nope, im wearing a custom robocop sackboy costume right now.

Here's my profile guys:

http://lbp.me/u/Ardrid

Would love it if you all checked out my older levels. I haven't had the chance to sit down and really work hard on an LBP2 level, so any advice from some the veteran creators out there would be fantastic. Hope you like what I was able to throw together.

PSN: SuperPhillip

Would love to get the x3 and x4 levels completed. Have the x2 ones completed.

Do not send a blank FR please.

Oh, and...

LittleBigPlanet was SuperPhillip Central's Game of the Year 2008. Perhaps you love this gem, too! I've enjoyed the game enough that I've decided to create a series of levels-- a "game" if you will-- using LittleBigPlanet's (and 2's) expansive creation tools.

Just some quick history: my user name is based off the character I created in second grade as part of some creative project in school. Not the other way around. Since then, I've created multiple versions and mythos of the character. SuperPhillip: The Game will be a yearlong project of mine. I've completed an RPG featuring my character, so this isn't too big of a stretch to do.

The game will have six worlds of three levels each. Each third level will conclude with a boss battle featuring one of the many villains of the SuperPhillip universe. Each level has five prize bubbles that will unlock that level's challenge world-- a shorter, more challenging level-- sometimes a race, sometimes a survival challenge, sometimes a high score affair.

0-1 The Warehouse

47f57ae449b0a269fee882c117ddb6a152469b09.png

This level is the first of many, and it serves as the tutorial level. The information provided from SuperPhillip's friend, Dan, may seem elementary, but I'm making it so the game takes it that LittleBigPlanet doesn't even exist and that SuperPhillip: The Game is all the player has to learn these things. As it is its own game, I'm including everything that a retail game would have-- a coherent story, a tutorial to assist players, and loads of collectibles.

The Warehouse does not have anything to kill the player. I didn't want the tutorial level to have anything like that, but rest assured every other level definitely will. There are checkpoints in case for whatever you reason you get stuck (which you shouldn't since there's a way out of everything).

Unlike every other level, this one has six prize bubbles. The others will have five. They're usually well-hidden or hard to reach. It is a tutorial level, but there are definitely secrets to be found!

Please let me know what you think of the level. Remember that this level is the first of eighteen, so it is easy. It wouldn't be good design to make it tough or easy to die at the very first level.

1-1 Central City

396c5b4daae8036d39a30cb894a85112463fe474.png

Central City is the first story level of SuperPhillip: The Game! It's actually a two part level which I wasn't really planning, but I ran out of space-- not thermometer-wise but room-wise. There was nowhere left to build to the east. That was a blessing though because it allowed me to add so much detail to make the city come to life. Now this definitely filled the thermometer.

As with 0-1: The Warehouse, there are five hidden prize bubbles to collect. This earns you the sticker needed to reach the key. If you're just rushing through the level, you're not really doing it right. I've built my levels (excluding challenge levels) to encourage exploration. I hope you will look around. This level is split into two parts. Part 2 is quite exhilarating, so please look forward to it!

LittleBigPhotos015.jpg
LittleBigPhotos002.jpg

1-2 The Sewers

46a55fc66b65a31eae3f20ae8089bc2719a4a055.png

After being blown down below Central City's surface, SuperPhillip must find a way out of the subterranean depths of the sewer. Poisonous gas from Dr. Christian's robots has caused the otherwise stinky dungeon to become hazardous to one's health! Can you beat the Crocbots, survive the deadly gas, and get out of the sewers alive?

LittleBigPhotos028.jpg
LittleBigPhotos027.jpg

1-3 Power Plant

07821deed2c166e2d207ba6cdab7a9d10449a6bd.png

The first of the Fearsome Five is holding himself inside a nearby power plant. His name is Electrohound, and he's packing heat! The mechanized menaces inside the power plant will certainly shock you to your very core! From spinning wheels to electrified walls, can anyone put an end to Electrohound's evil rampage?

1-3Photo1-PumpItUp.jpg
1-3Photo3-PumpitDown.jpg

2-1 The Forest

3c9acb2c8c6f953ee1535bf35a833cdb2460323d.png

The second of the Fearsome Five is hiding out in a temple inside the forest. Reaching him won't be easy. Hop on the heads of Rockin' Robins to reach new heights. Leap over fiery platforms, and take it to 'em! Just watch out for those snake-like Slithers!

2-1Photo1-BirdsofAFeather.jpg
2-1Special-TheForest.jpg

2-2 The Treetops

bed4b30afb4bad957205175fe969637048c893c7.png

Going on the ground's too dangerous, so it's time to head up into the treetops to reach Rosebud's temple. Avoid venomous spiders, falling lava rocks, and other dangers as you inch closer to Rosebud.

APhoto_6.jpg
2-2Photo3-WheelsintheSky.jpg

2-3 The Temple

24a9612d3a7becf8c3ebd7fb1c464d80eabd84ba.png

Inside the temple of Rosebud lies danger everywhere from falling platforms to slithering snakes to rising magma to spinning wheels of doom! You're close to taking down Rosebud, but can you go the distance?

APhoto_7.jpg

3-1 The Marina

f062f2bac04ecca51b53814dc281dc1c8c32fca1.png

Now it's time for the Aqualord, the third of the Fearsome Five to get his comeuppance! You arrive at a peaceful seaside marina, but not all is as it seems. You'll face explosive-shooting robots, ride a robotic bunny through a fiery lighthouse, and deal with electrified Jellofish! Can you reach the S.S. Big Toe (the submarine)?

3-2 The Ocean

d449f6f50f6f1d87595557f3e5268c4b0cb170bf.png

Ah... the ocean depths, peaceful one second, dangerous the next. Face off against a giant octopus, submarines, and the ocean's underwater puzzles in this waterlogged adventure. Just remember to keep on your Scuba Suit!

Challenge stages 0-1, 1-1, and 1-2 are playable as well for a limited time!

a51395b300a62852cd6956dddd456106a0f99430.png
c0251e7d430b8c533c4cca218d8d2fa81a9209fd.png
372688b0aff7d4d3c9bd25333bb76ef84bf842ec.png

If you own a PS3 and a copy of LittleBigPlanet 2, please try out my levels. You can find them under the name "SuperPhillip"!

Platinum'd and shelved... I will check it back out in a few months :)

@Superphillip, those levels look good and I will queue thme up when they are available. LBP2 needs more playable levels like that to succeed and I'm glad to see people taking the initiative to create original stuff

I finished the game and just got bored with it since no one I play with regularly has it, so I got rid of it to BB for $33 yesterday.

I'll likely pick it up again if they come out with a GOTY edition with a ton more content.

[quote name='shadowkast']hansel and gretelbot?! 7 levels made by 12 people...,.I'll check it out[/QUOTE]

woah that sounds awesome. I don't mean the gameplay sounds awesome ( not much to tell about it) I mean the idea of having multiple talented people working together and then replacing the chunk of levels at once. It's such a tease playing part of a game and then having to wait forever for just anothe small r level to come out.

Hopefully these types of collaborations will happen frequently.

edit- holy crap I see gruntos, jaeyden,stevebigguns and xkappax are some of the creators. Boner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm gonna sound like a complete noob, but when you post reviews, or comments on levels. You see your profile with your comment, on the left of the profile you have a sackboy picture, how do i change that "avatar" i currently have the "ratchet" sackboy but i want to change it to something else. cant find this anywhere.

posted again, cause i need to figure this out.

playing with some one online tonight and he booted up this zombie mall level?! I haven't played any community levels cause my internet was acting up. Anyways, it was a really well done level. Shootin zombies in a multi level mall and with certain score increments (helps to have multiple people) u unlock better weapons.

Very cool level!!

[quote name='shadowkast']playing with some one online tonight and he booted up this zombie mall level?! I haven't played any community levels cause my internet was acting up. Anyways, it was a really well done level. Shootin zombies in a multi level mall and with certain score increments (helps to have multiple people) u unlock better weapons.

Very cool level!![/QUOTE]

I couldn't get that one to load more than one personwhen me and my girlfriend went to play it. We tried Zombie Island(I think that is the name) and it was like CoD zombie mode, very fun. My girlfriend is weird about playing with other people because she is afraid of sucking but if anyone wants to play add me: Hammik

[quote name='shadowkast']playing with some one online tonight and he booted up this zombie mall level?! I haven't played any community levels cause my internet was acting up. Anyways, it was a really well done level. Shootin zombies in a multi level mall and with certain score increments (helps to have multiple people) u unlock better weapons.

Very cool level!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I couldn't get that one to load either.

I started watching some of the movies people have3 made and some of them are really brilliant(Portal Prank is a great one.). Plus Ive been looking real hard for maps that arent recreations of other games and have found some maps that are really better polished than the maps that came on the disc.

so, i just need to say that im really disappointed in this game. i played the first game and enjoyed the SP experience for the most part. lbp2's SP experience is terrible. its like, most levels are just media molecule saying "hey, look how we used this stupid new edition/tool to the game". like, there really wasnt that many good platformer levels.

the floaty controls really didnt bother me that much in the first, but for whatever reason they really annoy me in the second. its cool that you can make a bunch of different game types now, but its all crappy iterations of the game. why would i want to play a old school donkey kong game when i could just play it on my computer or nes. same thing with twin stick shooters and side scrolling shmups. in lbp2, i havent played a decent one, but on my ps3, i have ones that are good. its like a jack of all trades but a master of none. id rather of them had focused on just making better platformers.

i just played through the hansel and gretelbot levels and just wasnt really impressed with them all that much. these are supposed to be the some of the best creators around and i was bored playing through them. maybe it was just my general distaste for the game in general, but i just wasnt having that much fun.

the online lag at times is freaking unbearable as well. ugh.

/rant

[quote name='8bitArtist']so, i just need to say that im really disappointed in this game. i played the first game and enjoyed the SP experience for the most part. lbp2's SP experience is terrible. its like, most levels are just media molecule saying "hey, look how we used this stupid new edition/tool to the game". like, there really wasnt that many good platformer levels.

/rant[/QUOTE]

Phew, thank God I'm not the only one. I don't dislike LBP2 per se, but it just doesn't have that special something LBP1 had. I thought I was (and prolly am) getting a bit jaded by games, but this echos my thoughts exactly. I freaking HATE the "ride these animals" levels.

Funny, because I thought they pretty much eliminated the frustrating "floaty" control levels from the first game (in particular where you had to bounce on springy platforms and grab on to spinning things). The bounce pads got rid of the former, and well, they just didn't use the latter so much though the grabinator helps where they did use them. So most of my complaints on the controls of the first one were addressed in this one. And the animal riding ones were some of my favorite levels (except for Full Metal Rabbit of course). But where they actually move fluidly I loved them.

My complaint is that the game is apparently has something I didn't even consider: whiny little #%^^&'s who can't take an honest review of their level and come in and neg all of yours to get revenge. Really? I only neg ones that are broken or just horrible. Usually that means something happens where there's no way to continue, or they don't have a scoreboard, or something like that. So I noticed I had a neg from someone that looked familiar and sure enough, I had voted "boo" on one of his levels just the night before that I just stumbled upon in the newest levels section. I boo'd it because you couldn't actually go anywhere - it was broken. So he went and boo'd both of my levels. Real mature. I think it was a mistake for Mm to show you who rated you and what rating they gave as it just brings out all the immature baby types and gives them a means to let loose their nerd rage.

i honestly think they control pretty much the same. while on the bunny though really exemplifies how floaty the controls are (and acing full metal rabbit was a nightmare)

i think the floatyness also comes out when youre trying to use that grapple hook. i got all the prize bubbles in the game, but getting some that required the grapple hook swinging made me wanna throw my controller.

i agree MM shouldnt put who rated your level. lbp obviously is a game that will cater to the younger crowd, so you will get immature retaliation votes.

I just spent 24 hours in LBP2's create mode and I would love it if everyone would check out my work. It's a film based on the first 10-15 minutes of Inception. I put a hell of a lot of work into it and I would appreciate the comments, suggestions, and feedback. Enjoy everyone.

Title: Inception (FILM)
http://lbp.me/v/xy4yhk

[quote name='8bitArtist']
the online lag at times is freaking unbearable as well. ugh.
[/QUOTE]

It was an issue in LBP1. You would think it would have been better in 2. Add to the lag issues, I can't stand getting constant "cannot connect to " issue on community levels. Lastly, if someone denies me, please don't fucking put me into the level; Allow me to retry with another user and don't have me try again on the same person who denied me the first time.

[quote name='io']Funny, because I thought they pretty much eliminated the frustrating "floaty" control levels from the first game (in particular where you had to bounce on springy platforms and grab on to spinning things). [/quote]

It still had it. If you didn't hold jump at times at the right spot you couldn't get up on the platiform still. For normal gameplay, not a huge issue. Only comes out when you try for high scores. Though, the introduction of the grappling hook just created a new floatyness that was worse than stuff in LBP1. There were plenty of times when trying to Ace levels where the grappling hook didn't react the way I expected and ended up in a death. Add to that it took me some time to get the top bubble on the level that had two beams with balls that moved away and towards each other over electricity; it took some luck and time to get the momentum to get up to it; I say luck because the hook doesn't react the same way every time.

The Animal Levels to me were plain terrible. They were levels that almost ruined the single player experience for me. I think where some of my disappointment was that the level design in LBP1 was just way better. They were memorable and took some skill and time to get all the bubbles/ace. LBP2 I was able to kind of just run through real fast. I guess that is where a little of my disappointment is from.

The main part of my disappointment is how terrible the online experience is. For me, this game is more enjoyable when playing with others. When you can't connect/get denied 70% of the time, you feel you are spend more time hitting X to join others than actually playing the game. Here is my prayer that a patch/something happens to fix the online issues.

[quote name='io']Funny, because I thought they pretty much eliminated the frustrating "floaty" control levels from the first game (in particular where you had to bounce on springy platforms and grab on to spinning things).[/QUOTE]

I don't have too many faults with the floaty controls, except for the fact in order to obtain all the items for create mode (which is arguable the main focus of the game) requires precision game play. Playing a level without dying is fine in games that are precise, but that is not Little Big Planet. Trying to ace levels was by far my most hated portion of the game.

I'm well on my way to the platinum now. The hard one, now, is going to be 25 vs wins against another player online. I currently have 10 and spent about 2 hours the other night trying to get more with no success. I kept joining Vs. games and when I would get in, it is always in the middle or at the end so all I could do was watch. Then the player would usually go back to the pod and mess around. If I ask if they want to play vs levels they either boot me or start up some LBP 1 "Vs" level (like where you swing swords made mostly of electricity at each other and just keep killing each other endlessly with no scoring).

I guess I'm going to have to be the game leader and bring people to those games myself. Of course, it could also be boosted pretty easily with a CAG. I tried to get this legit but it was pretty frustrating so I'm open to trading wins/losses with someone here if anyone else is interested. We can find a nice short vs game and get it done pretty quickly.

As for 1440 minutes of Create and the 50 plays ones (I think those are the only other 2 I'm missing) I've been working on a level that I started way back in LBP 1. The extra tools (esp. the controllinator) really helped me do what I originally envisioned. Hopefully I'll publish it soon. I don't think it will be anywhere near "Mm Picks" worthy, but it should get enough plays to get me the trophy.

I also have an idea for a twin-stick shooter if I can figure out how those work.

One question: how the hell do you setup the ability to get out of a controllinator? Dykenom, if you are still reading this, I see your level has the "push R3 to exit" thing at the bottom. How did you do that? I see no control/tweak for exiting anywhere on the controllintor or any other tool. In my level, you just can't exit, which is actually OK for most of it.

What I'd really like to do is have the thing everyone is riding in (a rocketship) disappear and let everyone free fall at the end to near the scoreboard. I managed to do this, sort of, with a tag and the destroy tool - the only problem is that kills the players. I could put a checkpoint right there but I'd rather they not die at all. Any ideas for that? If I could force everyone out, then destroy the ship that would work. But like I said above, I can't even see how to set up a button to exit the controllinator let alone do it via the tools. Ideally, I'd like everyone to drop out of the ship and then into something like a drop-pod with a parachute (like a rocket reentry) but that may be asking too much ;).

[quote name='io']I'm well on my way to the platinum now. The hard one, now, is going to be 25 vs wins against another player online. I currently have 10 and spent about 2 hours the other night trying to get more with no success. I kept joining Vs. games and when I would get in, it is always in the middle or at the end so all I could do was watch. Then the player would usually go back to the pod and mess around. If I ask if they want to play vs levels they either boot me or start up some LBP 1 "Vs" level (like where you swing swords made mostly of electricity at each other and just keep killing each other endlessly with no scoring).
[/QUOTE]

There are people who made boosting levels for that, actually. Just drops the player right near the computer and two bubbles (one for each player to the left and right of the entry). A tie counts as a win :)

[quote name='dyeknom']There are people who made boosting levels for that, actually. Just drops the player right near the computer and two bubbles (one for each player to the left and right of the entry). A tie counts as a win :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found those tonight - but they don't work one-player (or even with another person on the same system). It has to be an online player. Next time I get to be a game leader I'll bring everyone into some of those ;).

[quote name='io']Yeah, I found those tonight - but they don't work one-player (or even with another person on the same system). It has to be an online player. Next time I get to be a game leader I'll bring everyone into some of those ;).[/QUOTE]

If you need someone, just let me know date and time and I should try to be available. I don't have that one yet.

[quote name='io']I'm well on my way to the platinum now. The hard one, now, is going to be 25 vs wins against another player online. I currently have 10 and spent about 2 hours the other night trying to get more with no success. I kept joining Vs. games and when I would get in, it is always in the middle or at the end so all I could do was watch. Then the player would usually go back to the pod and mess around. If I ask if they want to play vs levels they either boot me or start up some LBP 1 "Vs" level (like where you swing swords made mostly of electricity at each other and just keep killing each other endlessly with no scoring).[/quote]

I'd be glad to do the versus with you. I still need to get the 5 hours community levels and 25 online versus wins. I'm pretty close on the 50 plays myself, just need 14 more players.

[quote name='io']One question: how the hell do you setup the ability to get out of a controllinator? Dykenom, if you are still reading this, I see your level has the "push R3 to exit" thing at the bottom. How did you do that? I see no control/tweak for exiting anywhere on the controllintor or any other tool. In my level, you just can't exit, which is actually OK for most of it.[/quote]

The controllinator should have two inputs. You can route a button to one of them to eject the player.

[quote name='io']What I'd really like to do is have the thing everyone is riding in (a rocketship) disappear and let everyone free fall at the end to near the scoreboard. I managed to do this, sort of, with a tag and the destroy tool - the only problem is that kills the players. I could put a checkpoint right there but I'd rather they not die at all. Any ideas for that? If I could force everyone out, then destroy the ship that would work. But like I said above, I can't even see how to set up a button to exit the controlinator let alone do it via the tools. Ideally, I'd like everyone to drop out of the ship and then into something like a drop-pod with a parachute (like a rocket reentry) but that may be asking too much ;).[/QUOTE]

So I'm guessing that when you destroy the rocket ship, it also kills everyone? You should be able to hook a tag up to a timer that triggers the eject then shortly after destroys the rocket. Not sure how you would do a drop pod, but I suppose you could do an emitter?

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I'd be glad to do the versus with you. I still need to get the 5 hours community levels and 25 online versus wins. I'm pretty close on the 50 plays myself, just need 14 more players.

The controllinator should have two inputs. You can route a button to one of them to eject the player.

So I'm guessing that when you destroy the rocket ship, it also kills everyone? You should be able to hook a tag up to a timer that triggers the eject then shortly after destroys the rocket. Not sure how you would do a drop pod, but I suppose you could do an emitter?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, guys, I'll try to be on this evening some time (8-10 pm Pacific). So we can get that done quickly. I have some of the super-short Vs levels hearted and ready to play.

Crap, I knew the eject thing was going to be super simple. It is on the controllinator though? See, mine are laying sideways on the inside of my ship, so I can barely see them any more. I was just using the circuitboard for them. Does that have the input on it? They are a big cluttered mess since I have so much other stuff on them now (logic for changing the controls if 1 player vs 2-4 is in there, etc).

And yeah, when you destroy it, it kills everyone. I'll have to play around with that input to see if I can timer/sequence it.

Hey guys. Not trying to advertise or anything - i'm just going to post what I posted about LBP2 as a blog - which has to do with how sackboy can look stupid walking like his appendix just burst because of the stupid motion controls.

Aren't you ever annoyed when you sit comfortably with your controller and sackboy walks awkwardly because the motion sensing is having him walk like his appendix is ruptured?

Of course it won't bother some of you who sit in a position so that this doesn't happen at all, but please be considerate and understand that for some of us, its a pain in the ass to have us see our sackboys running so stupidly at all times.

Other ideas - where I posted mine - have been either considered, ignored, or planned upon people posting them, so I need you guys to like my idea if you agree with me. The more people that like this (you dont need to register or anything - all you have to do is click that you like it) the more chances that there is of it being considered.

Here is what I posted about how disabling the head/waist movements of sackboy would work.

"Hold L3 to disable Sackboy SixAxis controlled movement

The reason why: Honestly, sometimes I don't want my sackboy's head to move around or his waist, because it makes him look very awkward while running, and then whatever costume I currently have on really loses its flair because my sackboy is running in an awkward position like he's in a lot of pain. It just looks really annoying, and of course, I could always position the controller differently - however - in order for me to sit and play little big planet comfortably, the controller is going to be in a position which will have sackboy running awkwardly, and it's actually extremely annoying to me.

I mean really, this would make a lot of sense. The left stick is clicked once to switch between head and waist movement. Holding the L3 button would turn off the sixaxis controls on sackboy. Why? Because some of us just don't want it.

And then all you would have to do to turn it back on is simply click the left stick once and it will automatically switch to either head movement or waist movement.

This is a really big deal to me Media Molecule. And i'm pretty sure that it takes almost no time whatsoever to implement this. "

I appreciate it guys. Of course, there are some people out there that will probably flame me because there are some who feel that its impossible for anything to be wrong at all with LBP2, but whatever.

If you agree with me: vote "I like this idea" at this link and leave comments if you wish.

If you want to comment I think you may have to register (but a good alternative is to just sign in with your facebook account if you have one.)

http://getsatisfaction.com/littlebigplanet/topics/hold_l3_to_disable_sackboy_waist_head_movement

shameless plug here,
if anyone is interested in a longterm gameshare group for LBP/LBP2 stuff, please PM me.
need two more members to close the group

Hey guys my copy of this just came in, loving the game. If you want to do the multiplayer VS stuff or just whatever let me know. Feel free to add, just let me know you are from here and its for LBP2.

Jack-Hunter, to be honest I didn't remember there were motion controls at all (were they even in LBP 1?). I only noticed it about 20-30 hours into LBP 2, and I thought it was kind of cool when I discovered it.

In other news, I was on tonight but found no CAGs to do the Vs. levels with. I'll try again tomorrow.

And I did finally fix my spaceship eject thing. Wow, talk about obscure - you just connect buttons to the controllinator for eject. Considering everything else is on the circuitboard that was a bit confusing. I simply hooked up the tag sensor to a sequencer and put the eject first (hopefully the one controllinator can eject all 4 - didn't test that) and then destroyed the ship afterwards. It works perfectly (a little too perfectly as I landed right on the scoreboard - want to give them the option to explore the ground a bit before ending!).

I think if I wanted to do a drop ship, it would be pretty easy. Just emit it at the end of that sequence, put 4 controllinators in it with auto-mount and a large trigger radius and it should work. I'm not sure if I have enough room though.

I also finally played through and aced all the Pirates of the Caribbean levels (I had only played them briefly when I first got them). Then I discovered afterwards that there were trophies for it in LBP 1. Of course, I don't get those playing it in LBP 2. D'oh!

[quote name='io']In other news, I was on tonight but found no CAGs to do the Vs. levels with. I'll try again tomorrow.[/quote]

Well last night was a little short notice. I was out on a date so had other priorities on my mind. ;)

I could probably be on tonight, I suppose I need to try and finish out some of the other trophies I don't have.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Well last night was a little short notice. I was out on a date so had other priorities on my mind. ;)

I could probably be on tonight, I suppose I need to try and finish out some of the other trophies I don't have.[/QUOTE]

A "date". What's that? I don't think I've been on one of those in 21 years ;).

Anyway, I went back to LittleBigPlanet 1 last night to play the PotC levels and get some trophies from that. Then I decided to take another shot at acing some levels. I had 4 or 5 main story levels not yet aced. I tried the castle one and came oh so close many times (usually like one death). But that is one of those LBP 1 levels with lots of spinning wheels that just make me want to smash my controller through the TV. See, that is what I'm talking about when I say LBP 2 (at least the story mode) fixed nearly all the frustrating floaty control issues. Then I noticed I hadn't completed The Mines. A few tries and I was able to get that one done at least. I still have 2 or 3 at the end though (Bunker, Collector, etc). I think 3 in a row there at the end I hadn't done. Plus I have some minigames not aced - you have to do those, right (at least the ones that aren't survival games)?

I did get the 50 play trophy for LBP 1 as soon as I started it up. I still need the 30 creator hearts (I'm oh so close at 26) and then 50 hearts on my levels (have about 25). I only have one LBP 1 level (called "cagio"). I'd appreciate anyone hearting it. I assume hearts given in LBP 2 will count towards the total in LBP 1, right? I am redoing the level to make it a bit more interesting and might have that published late tonight. I need to get some create trophies in LBP 1 too. I also have to grind through playing Community levels for that one gold trophy (need to play 150 - is there any way to tell how many you've played in LBP 1 like with the pin progress in LBP 2?)

Here's my completely remade "cagio" level:

http://lbp.me/v/tz80v

If anyone here can go play it and heart it (and me) I'd really appreciate it. I'm spending all my create time now in LBP 2 so I won't be making any more LBP 1 levels so I'd like to hit the 50 hearts on this one if possible. I'm at 28 now.

Also, if anyone plays in LBP 2 I'd appreciate more positive reviews. I'm at 4 neg, 2 pos. I think at least 3 of those negs were retaliatory for me rating broken levels honestly - guess I'll never do that again :roll:.

And Bluelobstah, you can change yours to positive if you are so inclined ;). It is much better now - give it a shot. I used to have all sorts of neat things in the old level like Super Paper Mario cutouts and such. But those items all got "modded" and I couldn't use them online any more so the level got kind of empty. It is odd those were modded when there are now highly rated Donkey Kong and Zelda levels (not to mention Mario levels) in LBP 2. I don't quite get that.

Anyway, the level is pretty simple and short, but at least it has some crazy stuff going on now.

I'd like to get the positives above the negatives at least so I can get the "Totally Positive" pin at some point in LBP 2. It's no big deal (not a trophy) but would be nice nonetheless.

[quote name='io']I only have one LBP 1 level (called "cagio"). I'd appreciate anyone hearting it. I assume hearts given in LBP 2 will count towards the total in LBP 1, right? I am redoing the level to make it a bit more interesting and might have that published late tonight.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I do know if you import the level into LBP2 you "lose" it in LBP1.

[quote name='io']Here's my completely remade "cagio" level:

http://lbp.me/v/tz80v

If anyone here can go play it and heart it (and me) I'd really appreciate it. I'm spending all my create time now in LBP 2 so I won't be making any more LBP 1 levels so I'd like to hit the 50 hearts on this one if possible. I'm at 28 now.

Also, if anyone plays in LBP 2 I'd appreciate more positive reviews. I'm at 4 neg, 2 pos. I think at least 3 of those negs were retaliatory for me rating broken levels honestly - guess I'll never do that again :roll:.

And Bluelobstah, you can change yours to positive if you are so inclined ;). It is much better now - give it a shot. I used to have all sorts of neat things in the old level like Super Paper Mario cutouts and such. But those items all got "modded" and I couldn't use them online any more so the level got kind of empty. It is odd those were modded when there are now highly rated Donkey Kong and Zelda levels (not to mention Mario levels) in LBP 2. I don't quite get that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think I might have done that because I got glitched or something? I queued it up again and I'll look at it tonight.

Tried to spend some of last night getting the "dive in" levels only to connect maybe 20% of the time. I don't understand how their netcode can be such a failure, you figured they could've gotten it right the second time around.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Not sure, but I do know if you import the level into LBP2 you "lose" it in LBP1.

Yeah I think I might have done that because I got glitched or something? I queued it up again and I'll look at it tonight.
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - it shouldn't have glitched before as it was pretty much just a straight run to the scoreboard (with some golf balls emitted to get in your way ;)).

Anyway, yeah, please give it a shot.

What do you mean about "losing" it? I imported it but went back to LBP 1 and republished it. On lbp.me it says I just republished it, so I think you can go back and forth as long as it doesn't have any LBP 2 stuff in it. I'm not sure if I ever edited it in LBP 2 though - I may not have and that may be the key.

Just to be sure, it should now have a green glass ramp that slides you down into water, with lots of crazy stuff emitted at you along the way. That is the change I made in LBP 1 the other night. If it is still just the red/white wood with no water then it didn't change. But I got the trophies for publishing with water and a paintinator, so I think it worked. I haven't tried LBP 2 since I made the changes, but I probably will tonight - maybe we can get together for the vs levels. Assuming you don't have a hot Friday night date that is ;).

I need to reimport to LBP 2 though because I aced a few levels in LBP 1 and got some costume pieces I didn't have before. I actually gave the Bunker a shot and while I couldn't get it done, I can actually see possibly doing it whereas before I just thought it was 100% impossible.

Nope, no hot friday night dates tonight. Just me and LBP2. ;)

But yeah, not import but publish. Apparently it deletes it from LBP1.

I'll be on for a little bit trying to knock out the dive in and maybe the 24 hours in create.

Very good recreation of Plants vs. Zombies was spotlighted by Jostiq.com. Very good job I thought.

(Please don't come in here and say "If I wanted to play P vs Z, or Peggle or whatever, I would just play it....not play it in another game". I appreciate the time and skill it takes people to recreate these things. So just don't even start)

Anyways, check it out if interested. I like how you have to use your score bubbles (sun points?) to buy the plants. First time I've seen some one implement the score bubbles that way.

Well, I happened to find the P vs Z level pretty neat. I guess, like shadowkast there, I was thinking of how much work it would be to make - right down to the music even!

I started working on a twin stick shooter tonight. I have most of the ship mechanics down but I am having a hell of a time with the remote controllinator/camera placement. I want the players way down in the corner remotely controlling but I want the camera centered on the shooter arena in a completely different part of the level. I can't seem to get this to work. How does everyone else do this?

I also figured barring getting some CAGs to help, the best way to get the 25 Vs. wins is to keep playing regular levels until someone joins you. Then you head over to some of those quick Vs. levels (I had hearted 4 or 5 of them). I got myself from 10 to 14 wins before one guy quit on me ;). I was at least playing different levels each time, but I could see that getting annoying so it will have to be in small doses like that.

Wow, here's a lot of tutorials:
http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?46908-Lots-of-Tutorials

Ah, you use movie cameras. Stupid me, I was trying to use a game camera...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back