LittleBigPlanet 2 - Out now! Get yer levels/games/genres today!

Is there a go to fan site that lets you see all the levels available and sorts them out in a easy to read fashion?

Sorry if it's been asked already, 10 pages of thread :(

So, is losing your entire profile and having to start over a common problem? My boys were playing a Community Level and it froze on them and when they restarted all their game progress was gone. It started back up like they were playing the game for the first time. However, some of their unlocked custumes were still there and, fortunately, the levels they were making were still there.

But, still, that is pretty crappy. Every failsafe in the world should be in place to ensure you don't lose your profile, especially when just playing stupid community levels - that should have no way to effect your Story mode progress :bomb:.

So, yeah, just beware. Can the LBP2 saves be copied? I guess what I'll do is start backing them up, though that is a pain with 3 different profiles.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is there a go to fan site that lets you see all the levels available and sorts them out in a easy to read fashion?

Sorry if it's been asked already, 10 pages of thread :([/QUOTE]

How about lbp.me?

You can queue up levels from there to play in game!

Craptastic indeed, I'm still trying to 100% lbp1 and having fun with it, so staying away from lbp2 from now. The multiplayer on lbp2 put me off, that crazy loading glitch needs to get fixed ASAP.

You can save your profile and back it up to a USB drive or whatever by going to save data utility under game on the XMB.

[quote name='io']So, is losing your entire profile and having to start over a common problem? My boys were playing a Community Level and it froze on them and when they restarted all their game progress was gone. It started back up like they were playing the game for the first time. However, some of their unlocked custumes were still there and, fortunately, the levels they were making were still there.

But, still, that is pretty crappy. Every failsafe in the world should be in place to ensure you don't lose your profile, especially when just playing stupid community levels - that should have no way to effect your Story mode progress :bomb:.

So, yeah, just beware. Can the LBP2 saves be copied? I guess what I'll do is start backing them up, though that is a pain with 3 different profiles.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='orko60']How about lbp.me?

You can queue up levels from there to play in game![/QUOTE]

Awesome. This is exactly what I was looking for. I knew there was an official site, but for some reason I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Published a level for LBP2 today.

http://lbp.me/v/wyt5db

Leave a link and I'll play yours.

Here are some pics.

APhoto_1-4.jpg

APhoto-7.jpg

APhoto_7-1.jpg

I've been enjoying this thus far, but I have to admit something... this is the first game that has made me bemoan that I own an SDTV. I'm not sure what it is, but I have a harder time following this than anything else I've played so far. Eye-strain, man.

That's not a criticism, by the way... I'm well aware that we're far enough into this generation now that no one should be expected to cater to SD owners. I've been playing, but I really might wait the month or two until I pick up an HDTV to finish this.

Loved it so far, though.

[quote name='007']I've been enjoying this thus far, but I have to admit something... this is the first game that has made me bemoan that I own an SDTV. I'm not sure what it is, but I have a harder time following this than anything else I've played so far. Eye-strain, man.

That's not a criticism, by the way... I'm well aware that we're far enough into this generation now that no one should be expected to cater to SD owners. I've been playing, but I really might wait the month or two until I pick up an HDTV to finish this.

Loved it so far, though.[/QUOTE]
If you don't mind a smaller screen you could always play the PS3 on an HD computer monitor for the time being. That's what I'm playing mine on and it's a pretty cheap way to upgrade to HD.

Some even have HDMI ports built right in, though the sound may be kind of meh.

[quote name='007']I've been enjoying this thus far, but I have to admit something... this is the first game that has made me bemoan that I own an SDTV. I'm not sure what it is, but I have a harder time following this than anything else I've played so far. Eye-strain, man.

Loved it so far, though.[/QUOTE]

I played the first LBP on an SDTV, months after I revisited it with my new HDTV and the differences are just tremendous.

You're actually able to see miles ahead and behind you now (exaggeration, but you get my point.) It just felt like a movie where you could enjoy those huge crane shots from up above now and venture wherever without worrying about how you would not be able to react to that might be potentially dangerous. Not even mentioning, that you will be playing in higher resolution which means the graphics will look gorgeous.

ANYWAY, I just ordered LBP2 collectors edition with the $20 gaming credit from Amazon. Nice little deal there, it's cheaper than the retail version if you would have gotten it at Gamestop by 5 dollars actually (lol gamestop), so I can't wait to play it.

It sucks to hear about the multiplayer glitches though.

anyone down for getting some of those co-op bubbles?
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I missed a bunch of prize bubbles on the first couple of levels and since no one else I know has the game yet I can't get any of the co-op sections done.

Anyone on around 9-10pmEST and want to play a lil LBP2?

Fun game so far though. I'm having a blast with the random outfit thing like I did in the first game.:lol:[/QUOTE]
right when the kids go to bed for me....yeah, i'm down

[quote name='lokizz']did anyone get that lbp2 killzone 3 kit from slurpee.com and if so how is it?[/QUOTE]

i got it... comes with 2 sets of costume, but u have to build it urself
and a bunch of stickers

I've been slowly going through and acing levels, starting on World 3 and it's not so bad so far. Still need to 100% Runaway Train with 3 players. If anyone wants to play online and grab some of the co-op bubbles my PSN is Kaelestis. I'm usually on in the evening/late night.

I'll try to get on tonight and do some co-op. I have a few of the challenge levels to get all the prizes (like the tower one). It's easier to make it to 10,000 points w/two ppl.

[quote name='zerotl']Craptastic indeed, I'm still trying to 100% lbp1 and having fun with it, so staying away from lbp2 from now. The multiplayer on lbp2 put me off, that crazy loading glitch needs to get fixed ASAP.

You can save your profile and back it up to a USB drive or whatever by going to save data utility under game on the XMB.[/QUOTE]

OK, am I missing something here? It doesn't appear that there is any way to copy your LBP 2 profile. It isn't with the game saves like for every other game (inclusing LBP 1 which I can copy). The LBP 2 profiles are with the "game data". That's where patches and DLC and game installs are located. I think they put it there to allow for multiple people to have their profiles updated during local multiplayer (I really appreciate being able to get these "pins" and have trophies unlock from playing under my sons game when I log back in - that's a big flaw with the PS3 in general vs the 360). But... I see no option to copy the profile. It just gives me "delete and "information" and info just shows the size and date and has no copy option.

Has anyone else been able to back up their LBP 2 saves!?

I aced a bunch of levels last night (so much easier when playing solo than with 2 kids ;)). I wanted to back it up afterwards... :bomb:

Now I feel like I'll never be able to play any Community levels because of the freeze/profile loss glitch.

[quote name='io']OK, am I missing something here? It doesn't appear that there is any way to copy your LBP 2 profile. It isn't with the game saves like for every other game (inclusing LBP 1 which I can copy). The LBP 2 profiles are with the "game data". That's where patches and DLC and game installs are located. I think they put it there to allow for multiple people to have their profiles updated during local multiplayer (I really appreciate being able to get these "pins" and have trophies unlock from playing under my sons game when I log back in - that's a big flaw with the PS3 in general vs the 360). But... I see no option to copy the profile. It just gives me "delete and "information" and info just shows the size and date and has no copy option.

Has anyone else been able to back up their LBP 2 saves!?

I aced a bunch of levels last night (so much easier when playing solo than with 2 kids ;)). I wanted to back it up afterwards... :bomb:

Now I feel like I'll never be able to play any Community levels because of the freeze/profile loss glitch.[/QUOTE]

I forget where it is, but somewhere in the in-game menu is a backup option, which (I believe) copies your profile from game data to the game save area, which you can then backup.

Throwing my Gamertag out there as well - salamando3000

I've completed, aced, and collected everything from the first two worlds. Currently working my way through the third. Really wish that the game wouldn't launch a level if someone rejects my request to join 'em. Tis quite annoying to have to go back to pod, re-select the level, get rejected again, and repeat.

[quote name='mkernan']I forget where it is, but somewhere in the in-game menu is a backup option, which (I believe) copies your profile from game data to the game save area, which you can then backup.[/QUOTE]

In-game!? WTF is that about? (Well, now that I know where the game save is, I can see why they had to do that). Thanks!

Actually, though, if it really backs it up from the game data to game save area and keeps that copy there, that might serve as a sufficient backup for daily use and is something I can get my kids to do whenever they stop playing to back up their own games. I can just copy them to the USB drive every so often (in case the entire HD fails or something).

And yeah, anyone who hasn't added me please do so. I only ever see like 1 person on my friend's list playing LBP 2 which is a shame. I tend to play around 9-10 PM Pacific until 1-2 AM (not the whole time but around those times ;)). If anyone is looking for 3 or 4 player stuff I tend to have my 2 sons playing with me during the earlier range of that time.

There's been a few of us playing every night (I know I've seen ChibiJosh/dyeknom on most nights). I'm usually playing at night as well, although more recently I've been mostly trying to make myself familiar with the creator tools.

I was impressed with the addition of the logic gates, but was disappointed with the music sequencer. The interface for the sequencer is a little confusing and not straight forward. The tools are powerful enough that I'm surprised they didn't allow for just straight music composition.

I removed my PSN ID a while ago cuz I kept getting folks wanting friend requests who played nothing that I did, but if any of ya's are on around 10-11pm EST and wanna try for some of the 2/3/4x puzzles then hit me up.

I also plan on playing some Red Dead Redemption and my usual GTA IV/GTA IV Episodes.

PSN ID: CheapestGamer(of course;))

[quote name='BlueLobstah']There's been a few of us playing every night (I know I've seen ChibiJosh/dyeknom on most nights). I'm usually playing at night as well, although more recently I've been mostly trying to make myself familiar with the creator tools.

I was impressed with the addition of the logic gates, but was disappointed with the music sequencer. The interface for the sequencer is a little confusing and not straight forward. The tools are powerful enough that I'm surprised they didn't allow for just straight music composition.[/QUOTE]

Im actually working on Acing everything, just like 3 or 4 levels left (eyeroll). I hate getting to the end of a two part level and randomly dying. After that there are only a handful of bubbles left for me to obtain. Most of which I know where they are, but have no idea how to get to them

Ultimately, acing these seem to ultimately be easier than the original.

[quote name='dyeknom']Ultimately, acing these seem to ultimately be easier than the original.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that. It seems easier so far, though I haven't even played the later levels let alone tried to ace them. But on a few levels it seems the sticker shortcuts make it easier than it would have been which is a nice touch. (That is, at the beginning when you place a sticker and it starts a race but also makes the level easier to get through - one of the second world ones is like this for sure).

I aced everything on the first 2 worlds and most of the 3rd except for one of the multi-stage ones. Like you said, those are just frustrating because they are so long and some stupid thing always gets you near the end.

The two bosses (so far) were much easier than I thought they would be though. I think I've aced 8 or 9 levels now.

For the trophy that is for acing 10 levels in a row - do they mean playtime, or do they mean 10 in a row in your story progression? I'm worried it means 10 in a row during one play session as that may be near impossible - probably harder than acing all the levels. It would suck to get everything but one stupid bronze because of that ;).

But I consider acing all the levels in the first one impossible - I gave up years ago. I did nearly all of them but those last few (especially the one with the big wheel in it) were just too damn frustrating and I actually lost interest in playing the game for like a year because of how frustrated and angry that made me. I don't want to fall into that trap with this game - so hopefully it is easier. The damn floatiness and inconsistency of jumping makes it very difficult sometimes. I did notice that for the most part, while the physics are the same, they seem not to rely on the same kinds of jumps as before (the jump pads being a big help in this regard since they always make you jump the same way).

And dykenom - you are the one person on my list I see playing it all the time ;). I was also acing levels last night...

It's 10 in a row, like a streak. I've gone through 10 story mode levels (progression-wise) and have yet to get it. It may be easier than it seems if you can replay the same level (like the first level) :)

My trick for the big hamster wheel was to hold on until you reached the top and then you could just run on the ceiling and fall through half of that wheel without an issue (good way to skip the harder portion of that wheel). That is how I aced that one, though it felt like cheating.

LBP2 definitely does not rely on the same half-jumps that were required for the first, which were difficult to perform sometimes.

[quote name='dyeknom']It's 10 in a row, like a streak. I've gone through 10 story mode levels (progression-wise) and have yet to get it. It may be easier than it seems if you can replay the same level (like the first level) :)
[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty certain they all have to be different levels. Ultimately, the boss levels are pretty easy, so you can do those and the first world and get it, I think.

I'm thinking about going back and acing the levels I wasn't able to in the first one (The Bunker and I think the final boss).

Yeah, it does say different levels. That is going to be a pretty frustrating experience. I could see getting through 8 or 9 and then biting it on some stupid part. And doing that over and over and ultimately wasting several hours. I think I will pass on that until it is the very last thing left to get, if I ever get that far...

[quote name='io']Yeah, it does say different levels. That is going to be a pretty frustrating experience. I could see getting through 8 or 9 and then biting it on some stupid part. And doing that over and over and ultimately wasting several hours. I think I will pass on that until it is the very last thing left to get, if I ever get that far...[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's 10 consecutive different levels (at least according to the trophy description). I've tried going for a couple of times, but I usually get to 5-6 then make a mistake somewhere on some level. It's frustrating none the less.

Finally aced the final boss. For some reason the 2nd part is poorly timed where you can still land on the electrified ground after you've made the last finishing blow, and apparently the cutscene camera disables the controller once you do that. :roll:

[quote name='dyeknom']Do those cutscenes that have the Ace symbol on them count, since those are counted towards acing the set?[/QUOTE]

I haven't checked myself, but I imagine the pin for that particular trophy may show your current progess (x/10), so that may help?

[quote name='io']Yeah, it does say different levels. That is going to be a pretty frustrating experience. I could see getting through 8 or 9 and then biting it on some stupid part. And doing that over and over and ultimately wasting several hours. I think I will pass on that until it is the very last thing left to get, if I ever get that far...[/QUOTE]

There's a way to cheat this...

Just backup you profile after every level you beat. If you die, then reload the profile, and do it again. It will count as consecutive Aces. Then just pick 10 easy levels. The bosses, the first few levels, and maybe some of the 2D shooter levels at Avalonia are all pretty easy to ace.

I cannot for the life of me ace the Rabbit level at the end and the one after that. It is driving me nuts! Only two left! I think these are worse than the big hamster wheel in part 1.

Anyone know how to create the effect seen on the final boss where the material brightens when you walk on it?

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Pretty sure it's 10 consecutive different levels (at least according to the trophy description). I've tried going for a couple of times, but I usually get to 5-6 then make a mistake somewhere on some level. It's frustrating none the less.

Finally aced the final boss. For some reason the 2nd part is poorly timed where you can still land on the electrified ground after you've made the last finishing blow, and apparently the cutscene camera disables the controller once you do that. :roll:
[/QUOTE]

For some reason I struggled with the third part of that boss more than the first two, but I did fall victim to the same issue of falling to an electrified ground. I can do the first part blindfolded now :eyeroll:

@orko I'm still stuck on Full Metal Rabbit and Where in the World is Avalon Centrifuge too. I nearly aced both of those, but managed to fail right before the final sequence on both... and cant manage to get back there without dying. For Centrifuge I got to the robot and stupidly WALKED into the fire ><

I seem to also always struggle acing the levels where you dangle from your grappling hook (Fireflies/Centrifuge). Something about that annoys me.

[quote name='dyeknom']For some reason I struggled with the third part of that boss more than the first two, but I did fall victim to the same issue of falling to an electrified ground. I can do the first part blindfolded now :eyeroll:

@orko I'm still stuck on Full Metal Rabbit and Where in the World is Avalon Centrifuge too. I nearly aced both of those, but managed to fail right before the final sequence on both... and cant manage to get back there without dying. For Centrifuge I got to the robot and stupidly WALKED into the fire ><

I seem to also always struggle acing the levels where you dangle from your grappling hook (Fireflies/Centrifuge). Something about that annoys me.[/QUOTE]

The part in Centrifuge where you're dangling while descending is a nightmare. I want to murder someone. The enemies in that part are so annoying. I've got the rest down to a science.

Full Metal Rabbit, I keep dying right before the three laser beam guys stacked on top of each other near the end of the rabbit section. Stupid. I will get it done tomorrow. I must have that trophy! Then I can start building levels.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I still have 6 levels to ace, but I did get the ace 10 in a row trophy using the profile back-up/restore trick.[/QUOTE]

I may resort to that. Too often has stupid crap happened in the game that is mostly out of my control. I've managed to die in places where you're not even supposed to die.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I may resort to that. Too often has stupid crap happened in the game that is mostly out of my control. I've managed to die in places where you're not even supposed to die.[/QUOTE]

That's okay, I was on full metal rabbit earlier today and was torwards the end and my rabbit got trapped under the rolling enemy (couldn't get out either).

If I download the Metal Gear level pack released for LBP 1, and play it in LBP 2, do you know if it's possible to get the trophies? Or does it have to be played in LBP 1?

Thanks!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I may resort to that. Too often has stupid crap happened in the game that is mostly out of my control. I've managed to die in places where you're not even supposed to die.[/QUOTE]

I did this last night - makes it 100x less stressful. I had to reload about 10 times, probably. I wasn't sure which levels to play and some that I picked weren't so easy. On the other hand, there are plenty of easy levels so this makes it not so bad.

I did almost the entire first world except for the one multi-stage one (Gripple-Grapple I think? I kept dying from something stupid right near the end). But then there are some insanely easy ones later: the caterpillar race is probaby the easiest/fastest to ace in the whole game. Then there's the giant chicken chase, the camel shooting level, the 2 sidescrolling shooters and a couple of levels in the second world aren't too bad either.

As for getting all the aces, I am now done with all of worlds 1-4. I have about 8 left in the last 2, though, and for the most part those are all much more difficult.

[quote name='ako127']If I download the Metal Gear level pack released for LBP 1, and play it in LBP 2, do you know if it's possible to get the trophies? Or does it have to be played in LBP 1?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I don't know if they have to be *played* in LBP1, but you definitely have to load up LBP1 for them to unlock. I'd play them in LBP1 to be safe, unless you don't have it of course.

I really want to like this game but the more i look at the minigames the less i like the game. If i want to play minigames i will play warioware twisted of something. If i want platforming i will play old games or wait for better ones like the last Guardian. LBP just doen't do anything right from what i have seen of played.

Finished acing all the levels tonight (in partial thanks to some friends, we did some controller passing). Almost finished with a versus level.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I really want to like this game but the more i look at the minigames the less i like the game. If i want to play minigames i will play warioware twisted of something. If i want platforming i will play old games or wait for better ones like the last Guardian. LBP just doen't do anything right from what i have seen of played.[/QUOTE]

Do you just pick popular games and troll their threads? Or do you just flip a coin and have at it?

Blah, I'm down to 3 levels left to Ace and just like LBP 1 I think I may never get it done. I just get really frustrated playing the same thing over and over and over.

They are all on the last world. I think it is the 2nd, 3rd, and of course the boss battle. I had no problem with the first one and the shooter level in that world.

One of those earlier ones doesn't have any particular hard part in it, but it is so damn long (2 linked levels) that I invariably would just die somewhere - pretty much in a different spot each time. That is the one with the sackbots the follow you and shoot the purple alien thingies.

And I made a run at the last level and of course the first part is stupid easy, but I invariably get stuck swinging on the moving platforms right near the mouth with the bounce pads all the way at the other end and have no choice but to fall into the electricity at the bottom (or get eaten). If I can just get through that part I think I can do it. It is just so boring to play them over and over and I risk having what happened to me on the first game - getting frustrated and upset with it and never playing it much afterwards.

So I took a break and went through some of the tutorials. My son is bugging me on how to make a top down vertical racer or shooter. I have no idea how and looking through communitry levels, even the ones that are "Mm Picks" are for the most part utter crap compared to the story levels. It is really frustrating when they are labelled "LBP 2" levels (even in the title) and they have nothing new in them (just stuff that could have been done before).

[quote name='io']Blah, I'm down to 3 levels left to Ace and just like LBP 1 I think I may never get it done. I just get really frustrated playing the same thing over and over and over.

They are all on the last world. I think it is the 2nd, 3rd, and of course the boss battle. I had no problem with the first one and the shooter level in that world.

One of those earlier ones doesn't have any particular hard part in it, but it is so damn long (2 linked levels) that I invariably would just die somewhere - pretty much in a different spot each time. That is the one with the sackbots the follow you and shoot the purple alien thingies.

And I made a run at the last level and of course the first part is stupid easy, but I invariably get stuck swinging on the moving platforms right near the mouth with the bounce pads all the way at the other end and have no choice but to fall into the electricity at the bottom (or get eaten). If I can just get through that part I think I can do it. It is just so boring to play them over and over and I risk having what happened to me on the first game - getting frustrated and upset with it and never playing it much afterwards.

So I took a break and went through some of the tutorials. My son is bugging me on how to make a top down vertical racer or shooter. I have no idea how and looking through communitry levels, even the ones that are "Mm Picks" are for the most part utter crap compared to the story levels. It is really frustrating when they are labelled "LBP 2" levels (even in the title) and they have nothing new in them (just stuff that could have been done before).[/QUOTE]
That was the thing that was most annoying to me about the original as well, but I have the GOTY one now from AWD so I'll probably try and go through that after I finish this game.

Which 'world' are you on? I'm on the fourth one or so right now. The one right after your training levels, where you have to used the Rabbot or whatever. I missed a bunch of prize bubbles in those cuz I didn't use the target bots to give myself a bit more height before jumping up.:cry:

I haven't even gone into the user created levels yet. How many 'LMAO Durr RROD Failbox 360' ones are there? I know there were a ton in the original LBP's community.

I have completed and aced all the first 5 "worlds". It is the sixth and final one that I am having trouble with. Nothing before that is too difficult. I do need to go back and get a bunch of prize bubbles - I haven't gotten nearly 100% yet. That will be easier than acing everything and I did that easily enough in the original game too.

I didn't see any RRoD levels. It's just that there are a lot of garbage levels that I think were made in anticipation of LBP 2 and the authors put "LBP 2" in the title even though they don't require LBP 2 (or use any of the new create items from it).

There has got to be a few shooter/racing levels out there somewhere that match what is in the game, though. And at some point I am going to figure out how to make one.

After managing to ace all the levels in LBP2, I decided to go back to LBP1 and try to ace the few remaining levels there, and I did it. The bunker felt a lot easier than it felt way back when LBP1 first came out. I remember the wheel used to take me down ever time, but I did that my second try. So, now that I have the platinum in that, time to go for the LBP2 platinum.

So... costumes are absolutely pointless to buy with LBP2. I'm not sure if any of you have messed with this... but players can put sackbots in various costumes in their level. You can then copy the level, copy the costume.... and viola... you have the costume. This works for the costly ones too.

bread's done
Back