LittleBigPlanet 2 - Out now! Get yer levels/games/genres today!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's an added bonus for Move owners that bought LBP2. It was free for PS+ people, $6 for anybody else on the PS Store, and they included it with the disc copies for people that were going to get LBP2.

God forbid anybody ever offer extra content for any and all potential players that they may have. They should get rid of all the co-op-required paths because some of us are content with playing it by ourselves and shouldn't have content hidden from us.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed you have to install it, and leave the LPB2 disk in while playing.
Also no online mode in it. :( I wish there was, because I hardly play any local co-op games anymore.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's an added bonus for Move owners that bought LBP2. It was free for PS+ people, $6 for anybody else on the PS Store, and they included it with the disc copies for people that were going to get LBP2.

God forbid anybody ever offer extra content for any and all potential players that they may have. They should get rid of all the co-op-required paths because some of us are content with playing it by ourselves and shouldn't have content hidden from us.[/QUOTE]
If I was content playing wi....errr wait...you said BY ourselves. Nevermind.:whistle2:\"8-[

Anyway, it would be nice if the added mode/level/content included control schemes so EVERYONE could use it.:D

So I wonder if this game included anything someone found objectionable and that will be removed via patch.

Finished this today, it's so much fun. The beginning levels were a little tutorial-ish and boring but later levels were a lot of fun. Online is fun but sometimes you get stuck loading foreverrr or it drops you in a stage at the end.

Edit: Like right now, I've been stuck on the loading screen for about 30 minutes because I tried to join someone's game online. Hope they fix the online portion.

Last edited by a moderator:
To anyone else that's been having problems with the online: We discovered tonight that if you keep restarting the level, eventually everyone will pop up. It usually only takes 1 restart.

Anyone have a list of all the levels with 2-4 coop stuff in them?

[quote name='bmachine']Good playing with you guys tonight, nbballard and scurker. We need a 4th![/QUOTE]
I'll be your 4th, if you know what I mean (which is, in fact, for LBP playing).

i always wanted littlebigplanet but never got around to it, glad i got this one
i like how they integrate online play

I am so hooked into the LBP world, it's crazy, I even got my girl into it. Anyway, if any of you guys still need another for the 3x 4x, count me in. I've been going back and forth between this and the 1st trying to ace and get the extra stuff (by stuff, I mean the cool costumes!)

Oh and is the Prehistoric game playable online? I haven't even installed it, but might tell my brother to buy it becuase he has a move.

My PSN: AngColette

If anyone has an issue with the infinite loading glitch, just turn off your controller. There's been reports that it fixes the issue.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Can I come out to play? ;) I have yet to crack open my copy of the game from my CE I have sitting here.[/QUOTE]

Same! I won't even be able to play it this week- ugh...

[quote name='Brownjohn']If anyone has an issue with the infinite loading glitch, just turn off your controller. There's been reports that it fixes the issue.[/QUOTE]
We tried that last night and it didn't work. Our best results came from having the host pause and restart the level.

Anyone know if the littlebigworkshop blueprint tool still exists? (or maybe an equivalent tool online)

Ok, need help. Has anyone been able to get the prize bubbles in the last level of the 1st world where you have to do a grapple and do a 360-degree swing around it?

I can't figure out the technique to getting any air when you're attached to the sponge wheel thing and you have to swing up above it. The dialog says to pull down on the left analog but I can't do it.

[quote name='jh6269']Ok, need help. Has anyone been able to get the prize bubbles in the last level of the 1st world where you have to do a grapple and do a 360-degree swing around it?

I can't figure out the technique to getting any air when you're attached to the sponge wheel thing and you have to swing up above it. The dialog says to pull down on the left analog but I can't do it.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the one where you get fired out of the cannon and have to grab the grapple point mid-air?

If that's the one (it's in the last level and looks like a 360 in the book), then you can just hold the trigger while you are flying and not hit any direction. You should grab the first one (counter clockwise) automatically. If relax your swing, you can swing back to the 2nd one.

I am just now getting into this game, but it's pretty fun.

I recently upgraded PS3s, but can I import all of my LBP1 costumes if I load them on this system in LBP1 first?

I am also down for some 3/4 player tonight. Add me up! I need to get those prize bubbles. I never 100%'d the first one due to this, so I want to get this started early.

nbballard, did you ever find a list of 3/4 player levels?

PSN - ZackieChan

EDIT - How do I get it to update my gamercard? I'm level 12 now!

Not really. I was expecting a list to be posted on PS3Trophies.org, but alas.

I bought the book, and it has a few them highlighted, but not all of them. I started making my way through the game acing each world and hearting the ones I noticed had some sort of 2-4 player items, or at the very least, some crazy item I am missing. There aren't a lot so far (but I'm only to world 3).

Here is a short list- lets try to build on it:

3-Player:
Fireflies when you are having fun (part2)(chap5)

4-Player:
Casa Del Higginbotham (chap5)

I will do the same. I'm on the last level (can't beat the boss), so I'll run through all of the ones where I don't have all the items and make a list. Some of the two player ones are easily done using two controllers, but I had to have my gf help with one or two.

I'll add you guys. Hopefully I'll see you online. I need to learn how to build nice-looking levels now!

[quote name='nbballard']Not really. I was expecting a list to be posted on PS3Trophies.org, but alas.

I bought the book, and it has a few them highlighted, but not all of them. I started making my way through the game acing each world and hearting the ones I noticed had some sort of 2-4 player items, or at the very least, some crazy item I am missing. There aren't a lot so far (but I'm only to world 3).

Here is a short list- lets try to build on it:

3-Player:
Fireflies when you are having fun (part2)(chap5)

4-Player:
Casa Del Higginbotham (chap5)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nbballard']Are you talking about the one where you get fired out of the cannon and have to grab the grapple point mid-air?

If that's the one (it's in the last level and looks like a 360 in the book), then you can just hold the trigger while you are flying and not hit any direction. You should grab the first one (counter clockwise) automatically. If relax your swing, you can swing back to the 2nd one.[/QUOTE]

No, it's the part where you get boosted up and there's 2 of the rollers on a V-shaped platform that's moving side to side and you're supposed to swing in a circular pattern to get the bubbles right above it.

[quote name='jh6269']No, it's the part where you get boosted up and there's 2 of the rollers on a V-shaped platform that's moving side to side and you're supposed to swing in a circular pattern to get the bubbles right above it.[/QUOTE]

This one is a pain. You just have to swing around until you find yourself far enough away from the grapple sponge with forward momentum. Just experiment. Imagine yourself like SpiderMan. You need momentum prior to the swing, and you will swing far. It is annoying, but I'm getting used to it.

I just did that one today. Orko's right. You've just got to hang on until you get enough momentum to swing up there. It took me a few tries but I was ultimately able to get all 3 item orbs in one swoop.

I can't wait to see a Create thread here for LBP2! I'll try to create my own level(s) after I beat the story mode. If you got a mic, please add my PSN for some co-op!

I just got the PS3 headset, so if anyone wants to do the 2 to 4 player later tonight or tomorrow just add me jh6269.

Wow, I cannot Ace "Bang for Buck" no matter how I try! Keep dying on something silly! This is worse than the Bunker in the first game...

There's a 4x on Bang for Buck (world 3) and Casa de Higgenbolthem (world 5).

[quote name='orko60']Wow, I cannot Ace "Bang for Buck" no matter how I try! Keep dying on something silly! This is worse than the Bunker in the first game...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's the only place I haven't managed to ace in the first 4 worlds.

Courtesy of PS3Trophies forum:

2 People/controllers:

Gripple Grapple - Part 2 (Da Vinci's Hideout)
Bravery Test (Da Vinci's Hideout)
Brainy Cakes (Victoria's Laboratory)
The Cakeinator (Victoria's Laboratory)
Currant Affairs (Victoria's Laboratory)
Maximum Security (The Factory of a Better Tomorrow)
Pipe Dreams (The Factory of a Better Tomorrow)
Waste Disposal (The Factory of a Better Tomorrow)
Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Negativitron - Part 2 (The Cosmos)

3 People/controllers:

Runaway Train (Victoria's Laboratory)
Fireflies When You're Having Fun - Part 2 (Eve's Asylum)

4 People/controllers:

Bang For Buck (The Factory of a Better Tomorrow)
Casa Del Higginbotham (Eve's Asylum)

Hey, no problem. It seems that online isn't without its issues, so hopefully a patch is in the works that will address a few of those.

Had fun playing tonight, even with all the glitches/lag.

I missed a bunch of prize bubbles on the first couple of levels and since no one else I know has the game yet I can't get any of the co-op sections done.

Anyone on around 9-10pmEST and want to play a lil LBP2?

Fun game so far though. I'm having a blast with the random outfit thing like I did in the first game.:lol:

Looking for people to do x3 and x4 levels. Add me on psn Alboboi14 (I know its lame haha, i made it 4 years ago)

Also check out my level and please heart it, ill return the favor. It's called "Rocket Deathmatch" and it's a spinoff of the versus level but better

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']DAMMIT !! I am soooo pissed off !! I keep getting that infinite loading screen UGHHH !!!

They better patch that shit quick ![/QUOTE]

I was playing last night with some CAGs and if everyone turns their controllers off, it will stop. We had to do it like 15 times last night though :roll:

[quote name='jh6269']I was playing last night with some CAGs and if everyone turns their controllers off, it will stop. We had to do it like 15 times last night though :roll:[/QUOTE]

But everytime me and my friend tried that, it just booted us back to the Pod not the level. So then when we tried to play again it.....WONT LOAD :cry::cry:

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']But everytime me and my friend tried that, it just booted us back to the Pod not the level. So then when we tried to play again it.....WONT LOAD :cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

Strange, I didn't experience that... I read that they found the problem and are going to release a patch soon (I think it was on Joystiq). Let's hope it's true.

Anyone get 100% on "Invasion of the Body Invaders" in the Eve's Asylum world? It's the boss level. I am stuck at 95%, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't see anything else in there!

I got 100% of the prizes in the game tonight (partially thanks to dyeknom). Started playing around in the level editor to see what sort of things I could make it do.

[quote name='orko60']Anyone get 100% on "Invasion of the Body Invaders" in the Eve's Asylum world? It's the boss level. I am stuck at 95%, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't see anything else in there![/QUOTE]
Some of them are colored so that they don't really show up against the level. Also, they run away from you as you approach. It's there somewhere, just go through the level and make sure you get every bubble.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I got 100% of the prizes in the game tonight (partially thanks to dyeknom). Started playing around in the level editor to see what sort of things I could make it do.[/QUOTE]

I would've joined you last night, but I was pretty tired and just mostly goofing off with the level editor/tutorials. I think I'm somewhere around 95-98% so I'm not too far. I believe I'm only missing 1 each of the 3x/4x bubbles.

I'm really surprised at the amount of stuff they added. I don't remember there being this many tools and gadgets from the first game, so it seems so much more flexible with the things that are possible. I look forward to playing around myself and seeing what other people come up with.

dang, got drawn into Mass Effect 2 and looks like I'm falling behind. I aced the first 2 worlds on Satuday morning, but I'm still missing items on most of the levels. I'm over 90% on all the worlds from what I can tell.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I would've joined you last night, but I was pretty tired and just mostly goofing off with the level editor/tutorials. I think I'm somewhere around 95-98% so I'm not too far. I believe I'm only missing 1 each of the 3x/4x bubbles.

I'm really surprised at the amount of stuff they added. I don't remember there being this many tools and gadgets from the first game, so it seems so much more flexible with the things that are possible. I look forward to playing around myself and seeing what other people come up with.[/QUOTE]

I was going to just keep inviting you until you joined, but then I got distracted. We had to have 1 person with 2 controllers on both of the 4x parts because of you.

Yeah, they added a lot of stuff to the creation. The sackbots are crazy, you can add just about anything to their microchips. Although, not a good idea to add a global water changer to them, they explode in water.

bread's done
Back