LittleBigPlanet 2 - Out now! Get yer levels/games/genres today!

Anyone know the best place to get LBP 2 CE?
I plan on selling the game and DLC as I just want the Sackboy Plush and Book Ends

Any ideas?

I just pre-ordered this the other day to use up my Amazon credit I got from trades I sent into NorAm.

After totaling up what each item I sent them only cost me it's only costing me like $18 for the CE with release day shipping. Of that total, only $6.49 is real cash.:lol:;)

I'm sorta enjoying it, although it might take a while for some good LBP2 user content. I still can't figure out how the move wand works with it though...

Also, did anyone else buy from amazon? Is the amazon exclusive DLC code in the case?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Do I reveal the Collector's Edition code by scratching witha coin or pealing it off?[/QUOTE]

Scratching it off with a coin. However it looks/feels like there's a plastic coating between the paper and the rub to prevent the code from easily being rubbed off on accident.

[quote name='Draekon']Scratching it off with a coin. However it looks/feels like there's a plastic coating between the paper and the rub to prevent it from being rubbed off easily.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it threw me with how much it didn't feel like the normal scratch off material. I can only imagine the number of people who'll screw that up.

[quote name='nbballard']Man, those bookends are CRAPPY! I don't even think they've got enough "umph" to hold a good book up.[/QUOTE]
Well they keep the boxes of my collector's editions Street Fighter IV and Blazblue from falling over.

Also is it just me, or are the choices of music in this game fantastic?

[quote name='nbballard']Man, those bookends are CRAPPY! I don't even think they've got enough "umph" to hold a good book up.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause: Second'd.

They're very light. I'm sure I'll probably just put them up on my TL in a couple of months and end up just leaving them in their box until then. I already have one of those wooden dvd/cd/game racks with the wooden sliders to hold stuff firmly in place that I could use.

Yeah, no kidding. I did a double take when I opened the package and saw that the little dioramas on the bookends are just pictures of dioramas :cry:

I put them back in the box, what a complete rip off. And the Sackboy doesn't look like the photo either.

I guess the only good thing about the CE is that you get all the DLC. Thank goodness I'm only spending $10 max for this stuff, but I could have used my credit on another freaking game if I would have bought the vanilla version.

Boo @ crappy book ends. Really the only reason I got the CE (I don't care about costume dlc) and it's too late to cancel my Amazon preorder. Ah well, I'm redeaming it on my Sony credit card anyway, but still, it's the principle of it.

Really can't wait to get the game though, so psyched!

To be honest, they did say that they'd be made out of cardboard. I don't mind them much. They're much better than I thought they'd be, considering they did say cardboard. I'm using them to hold up my (small) PS3 game collection, and to free up some needed DVD rack space for more movies.

I think the bookends are much nicer than I anticipated...

The little dance animation the sackboy does on the poppit menu is the cutest thing ever.

[quote name='advanced']To be honest, they did say that they'd be made out of cardboard. I don't mind them much. They're much better than I thought they'd be, considering they did say cardboard. I'm using them to hold up my (small) PS3 game collection, and to free up some needed DVD rack space for more movies.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I never expected these things to hold up books. They are fully capable of holding up games, which is that the box depicts them doing.

[quote name='advanced']To be honest, they did say that they'd be made out of cardboard. I don't mind them much. They're much better than I thought they'd be, considering they did say cardboard. I'm using them to hold up my (small) PS3 game collection, and to free up some needed DVD rack space for more movies.[/QUOTE]

I totally missed that then. If I would have known, I probably wouldn't have gotten the CE.

[quote name='advanced']To be honest, they did say that they'd be made out of cardboard. I don't mind them much. They're much better than I thought they'd be, considering they did say cardboard.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm quite surprised at how nice they are. :)

At the same time I do wonder if maybe I shouldn't have gotten the CE... That 20 dollar credit would have been nice but I likely would have just waited for a price drop on the CE.

All that said I'm glad I got it now. The wife is excited and that's worth the 20 bucks. :)

I also thought the plushie was nice looking too but I would be lying if I said I knew anything about such things so I could be a piece of crap... I wouldn't know any better.

I do have one honest question...

When the game loads it asks if you want to import LBP profile data but I'm curious if there is a way to make it look again?

(I did have it import it but neither my wife or I finished the SP game originally so there's still allot to unlock.)

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Exactly. I never expected these things to hold up books. They are fully capable of holding up games, which is that the box depicts them doing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Same here. I'm quite surprised at how nice they are. :)

At the same time I do wonder if maybe I shouldn't have gotten the CE... That 20 dollar credit would have been nice but I likely would have just waited for a price drop on the CE.

All that said I'm glad I got it now. The wife is excited and that's worth the 20 bucks. :) [/QUOTE]

I didn't see the bit where it said it was made of cardboard. The day amazon opened pre-orders and the picture they posted (at an angle) make it look like it was little statues. It was just a bit of a shock.

They'd hold up a dozen games just fine I'd imagine.

So I've been playing it sparingly since Monday night, I'm on world 4 in story mode and loving all the new gadgets which add alot to the game and I'm sure will do wonders in peoples own creations. However the story mode so far seems significantly shorter, but maybe it's because it's been over two years since the first time I went through littlebigplanet 1. Only other gripe is there's no way to differentiate that I can find between lbp1 and lbp2 created levels.

I like the grappling hook but I find it really difficult to control, especially in situations where I'm expected to swing and jump to reach orbs. I just can't seem to swing out far enough with it.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']When the game loads it asks if you want to import LBP profile data but I'm curious if there is a way to make it look again? [/QUOTE]

Yes, it's in the start menu under "settings" or "options". I noticed it while I was poking around last night.

I'm confused at how the "Costume" panel works. It shows a lot of my purchased costumes in the list, but a bunch of them are missing (i'm looking at you, Loco Rocos).

Am I crazy, or are some of the older costumes being excluded?

[quote name='nbballard']I'm confused at how the "Costume" panel works. It shows a lot of my purchased costumes in the list, but a bunch of them are missing (i'm looking at you, Loco Rocos).

Am I crazy, or are some of the older costumes being excluded?[/QUOTE]
I don't think they started the whole full outfit thing until later. That's why no LBP1 costumes show up there, but every new LBP2 costume you get will.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I don't think they started the whole full outfit thing until later. That's why no LBP1 costumes show up there, but every new LBP2 costume you get will.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about the in-game full outfits. I'm talking about the DLC packs. Some of them are there - Incredibles, Heavy Rain, Marvel, Ezio, etc. and some weren't.

Had fun playing with you guys last night. the match kept dropping me into maps when they were halfway through. Hope that improves.

edit- i'm also annoyed that I can't find a good beard for my Ezio. Clean shaven Ezio annoys me. I put a rose in his mouth last night (and for a minute some giant teeth), but I'd like to get some solid gruff for the man.

[quote name='nbballard']I'm not talking about the in-game full outfits. I'm talking about the DLC packs. Some of them are there - Incredibles, Heavy Rain, Marvel, Ezio, etc. and some weren't.

[/QUOTE]

I know what you were saying. Maybe I just worded what I said poorly. At some point in between LBP1 and LBP2, they decided it would be a good idea to be able to select a full outfit rather than searching out the individual pieces. Anything before that time (all LBP disc-included costumes and some DLC) are available in the outfits menu while everything that came out after that (some DLC and all LBP2 disc stuff) is available as a full outfit.

I wish they would patch all the other outfits to act like the ones in LBP2 though.

[quote name='bmachine']I like the grappling hook but I find it really difficult to control, especially in situations where I'm expected to swing and jump to reach orbs. I just can't seem to swing out far enough with it.[/QUOTE]

I was having that issue too, until I realized in some areas I couldn't so it until I went further in the lever and found a higher point to jump off of and whip around and get the bubbles.

Does anyone know how to turn off the sixaxis feature in LBP2? I found that it seems to interfere with my jumps.

[quote name='jh6269']Does anyone know how to turn off the sixaxis feature in LBP2? I found that it seems to interfere with my jumps.[/QUOTE]
If you tap L3 it goes from head to hips and vice versa. I think on hips mode it doesn't make a difference like it does on head.

[quote name='Das_Regal']If you tap L3 it goes from head to hips and vice versa. I think on hips mode it doesn't make a difference like it does on head.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks, that's what I have been doing, but it'd be nice to turn it off completely...

Know what this game needs? A double-jump.

Also: I keep seeing spots where a sticker should go that's shaped like an eye socket. The center of it's flashing but I can't seem to find the right sticker to make it happy. Anyone know what goes there? I have an eyeball sticker but it doesn't activate the switch.

[quote name='jh6269']Does anyone know how to turn off the sixaxis feature in LBP2? I found that it seems to interfere with my jumps.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully it's like Heavenly Sword was and they give you an option in a menu someplace, since that's likely the FIRST thing I'm shutting off on this game. I CAN NOT STAND THE MOTION CONTROL SHIT.

If I wanted to use motion controls in my games I'd have bought a Wii.:booty:

[quote name='bmachine']Yes, it's in the start menu under "settings" or "options". I noticed it while I was poking around last night.[/QUOTE]Awesome, thanks! :)

Its, not elegant or cheap but a converter to use a 360 controller on the PS3 would do it. (and it will likely be my plan of action.)

I've loving every minute of this game but some of those trophies look daunting. Especially some of those Creator ones.

When do you guys want to start knocking out the 3/4 player ones? I've got a mic and 4 controllers (and move controllers) if you guys want to go for some of the LBP2/SPM items.

edit - can SPM be played online?

Ok, another dumb question (sorry). I noticed that my LBP2 copy has a second "disc" in the game menu, and it looks as if it has the LBP Prehistoric Moves.

My question is, is it really the full copy, and do you need the Move controller to play it? (I know it's designed for the Move, but I don't have one yet.)

[quote name='bmachine']Know what this game needs? A double-jump.

Also: I keep seeing spots where a sticker should go that's shaped like an eye socket. The center of it's flashing but I can't seem to find the right sticker to make it happy. Anyone know what goes there? I have an eyeball sticker but it doesn't activate the switch.[/QUOTE]

Still early on in the campaign myself (actually watching my daughter play it), but if it's anything like the first game, some of the stickers are in later levels, meaning you have to come back to the earlier levels to get 100%.

[quote name='nbballard']When do you guys want to start knocking out the 3/4 player ones? [/QUOTE]

I can do some co-op/versus tonight, probably around 10pm EST. Does that work for anyone else?

I've only played up to the 2nd Sackbot level in the Story Mode, so I'd be happy to do any of those earlier levels with others. I've got a headset, too.

[quote name='Kromax']Still early on in the campaign myself (actually watching my daughter play it), but if it's anything like the first game, some of the stickers are in later levels, meaning you have to come back to the earlier levels to get 100%.[/QUOTE]

Booooo. Thanks for the tip.

My only complaint with the game is that all the worlds are clearly designed as a tutorial for how tools and items can be used. That isn't bad- but each world is kind of like a guide to different things to do with the Grapple, Sackbots, etc. so the levels with that item keep coming over and over again. By the end of each world- i don't ever want to see another sackbot or grappling hook. I just wish they'd mixed it up a bit more.

I had a friend over last night, and he only saw the SackBots- i was hoping he'd get to see the other neat tools as well.

I have world 1 completely finished. I have about 97% items on world 2 and it completely aced so far.

[quote name='jh6269']Ok, another dumb question (sorry). I noticed that my LBP2 copy has a second "disc" in the game menu, and it looks as if it has the LBP Prehistoric Moves.

My question is, is it really the full copy, and do you need the Move controller to play it? (I know it's designed for the Move, but I don't have one yet.)[/QUOTE]
Yes, you need the move. The move is used to do things like control platforms, so you can get past those parts without it.

[quote name='nbballard']My only complaint with the game is that all the worlds are clearly designed as a tutorial for how tools and items can be used. That isn't bad- but each world is kind of like a guide to different things to do with the Grapple, Sackbots, etc. so the levels with that item keep coming over and over again. By the end of each world- i don't ever want to see another sackbot or grappling hook. I just wish they'd mixed it up a bit more.

I had a friend over last night, and he only saw the SackBots- i was hoping he'd get to see the other neat tools as well.[/QUOTE]
World 2 mixed it up a bit with the grabby gloves and the cake shooting helmet.
Although, I'm not tired of seeing any of the items yet. The only thing i don't want is to have to use the grappling hook to get prize bubbles anymore.

I'd possibly be up for some of the 3/4 tonight. I'm still working through the second world but I'm going to try to be working through some of that this afternoon.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']World 2 mixed it up a bit with the grabby gloves and the cake shooting helmet.
Although, I'm not tired of seeing any of the items yet. The only thing i don't want is to have to use the grappling hook to get prize bubbles anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the grappling hook is pretty bad. Moving up/down kills any kind of momentum you have, and is difficult to perform while also trying to swing back and forth. I like the idea, it just doesn't work as well when you are depending on momentum to obtain hard to reach bubbles.

Changing the length of e grappling hook should be the right analog stick or something other than the left analog stick at least.

I'd be up for some group play tonight. The load times have been horrible so far though.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Yes, you need the move. The move is used to do things like control platforms, so you can get past those parts without it.[/QUOTE]
Then I don't see WHY they included the SPM in with the game, since some of us are content with the old style of controlling a game and don't want Wii Lite, especially not at $50 for one controller plus another $30-40 for the camera if buying shit seperate.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Then I don't see WHY they included the SPM in with the game, since some of us are content with the old style of controlling a game and don't want Wii Lite, especially not at $50 for one controller plus another $30-40 for the camera if buying shit seperate.[/QUOTE]
It's an added bonus for Move owners that bought LBP2. It was free for PS+ people, $6 for anybody else on the PS Store, and they included it with the disc copies for people that were going to get LBP2.

God forbid anybody ever offer extra content for any and all potential players that they may have. They should get rid of all the co-op-required paths because some of us are content with playing it by ourselves and shouldn't have content hidden from us.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Then I don't see WHY they included the SPM in with the game, since some of us are content with the old style of controlling a game and don't want Wii Lite, especially not at $50 for one controller plus another $30-40 for the camera if buying shit seperate.[/QUOTE]

Well, I disagree, it's more like Wii Heavy than Wii Lite ;)

Oh, and on a different topic: what's up with that Sackboy shirt for $5?! :shock:

bread's done
Back