LIVE backwards compatibility?

extremep

CAGiversary!
Has anyone seen any details on how they're going to handle this? Can existing or new Live accounts created on Xbox 1 be used immediately on Xbox 360 without any transfer needed? And, what is Live going to be like on Xbox 1 after Xbox 360 is out? Will Live Silver (free multiplayer on weekends) be available for Xbox 1 owners too?

[quote name='extremep']Has anyone seen any details on how they're going to handle this? Can existing or new Live accounts created on Xbox 1 be used immediately on Xbox 360 without any transfer needed? And, what is Live going to be like on Xbox 1 after Xbox 360 is out? Will Live Silver (free multiplayer on weekends) be available for Xbox 1 owners too?[/QUOTE]
Existing XBL accounts can be used immediately on 360. You'll probably have to enter your account information or something.

Live is going to continue for both Xbox 1 and Xbox 360. Its the same service. You can play Xbox 1 games on the 360 against people playing them on Live with the Xbox 1, as long as its backwards compatible.

I don't know if Silver will be available for Xbox 1. You do get a free month of Gold included with the 360, though.

Thanks for the info. Smart move on their part not to split the service. Not that I doubt you, but has everything you said been confirmed by MS, or is it "90% certain" at this point?

[quote name='extremep']Thanks for the info. Smart move on their part not to split the service. Not that I doubt you, but has everything you said been confirmed by MS, or is it "90% certain" at this point?[/QUOTE]
Its all been confirmed.

At E3 they said that not only couldd exsting accounts be carried over, but that every 360 will ship with one year free subscription to Xbox live

[quote name='ryanbph']isn't their a block function on live now?[/QUOTE]

You're right. I just read there's a Mute function for individual players. Sweet!

[quote name='MrBadExample']You're right. I just read there's a Mute function for individual players. Sweet![/QUOTE]

Yeah, the mute function works great when the other players don't know when to shut their mouths.

But are current accounts definitely Gold accounts? I've never seen anything officially. I hope they're not just a way to guarantee a Silver account name or they don't want some more money for a Gold account.

[quote name='crushedice666']At E3 they said that not only couldd exsting accounts be carried over, but that every 360 will ship with one year free subscription to Xbox live[/QUOTE]
So every xbox is going to have a year free subscription of gold live?

[quote name='dafoomie']Existing XBL accounts can be used immediately on 360. You'll probably have to enter your account information or something.

Live is going to continue for both Xbox 1 and Xbox 360. Its the same service. You can play Xbox 1 games on the 360 against people playing them on Live with the Xbox 1, as long as its backwards compatible.

I don't know if Silver will be available for Xbox 1. You do get a free month of Gold included with the 360, though.[/QUOTE]

if you already have a live account when you transfer it over to the 360, will that free 1 month of gold be added to your account in addition to what you still have?

[quote name='swetooth9']if you already have a live account when you transfer it over to the 360, will that free 1 month of gold be added to your account in addition to what you still have?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that's unlikely. It's kind of like how they won't allow you to add 2-month trials to an existing membership; I'm almost certain that the free month will be treated as a trial.

Christ, everyone is going all over the place on this one. Here's how it'll actually work:

Every X360 will come standard with Silver Live membership. If you have an existing Live account, the remaining amount of time on your Live subscription will be treated as a Gold membership. For example, if you purchase a one-year subscription now, good through July of 2006, and you get your X360 in December, your Live account will be Gold until July 2006, at which point you can opt to renew your subscription as Gold or downgrade to the free Silver service. That's all there is to it.

Oh, and fuck voice communication on Live. The hell do I want to hear another person breathing or cussing everytime he gets worked on Live or bragging? The webcam feature looks like it'll be just as bad, too. If these things came free, that'd be fine, but I find it to be a waste of $20-30 or whatever.

Has it ever been confirmed that current accounts become Gold accounts or is that just speculation? If confirmed can someone link me?

Vitamin X, because if I didn't want to hear my opponent talk I'd use the computer. Live players without mics get old because that is part of the experience.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Yeah, the mute function works great when the other players don't know when to shut their mouths.[/QUOTE]
Now all they need is a button to mute all the squeaky voiced 12 year olds.

bread's done
Back