"LIVE Diamond Card" Expires 2008 with a new Annual Fee (credit card required)

retail sucks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
It's still free for current members until their card expires in 2008 now with an annual fee.(check you card expiration date)
Diamond subscribers get a personalized card with exclusive benefits and discounts from stores, restaurants, and leading retailers, such as:

Ticketmaster, Hollywoood Video, Sam Goody, Carl's Jr, Quiznos Sub, McDonald's, Timberland, Etnies, Cambridge Soundworks.

Here is the "Overview" page:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/features/cardperks.htm

And here is the "Sign Up" page:
http://www.xboxlivediamond.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...

You have to be a year-long subscriber for this? I pay by the month for now. In the past, I did have a one-year prepaid membership, though...

I know that they said they will send them out automatically but you can sign up now to ensure that you will get one. Just signed up should get it within 6-8 weeks

http://www.xboxlivediamond.com/

EDIT: Damn just saw it on the deals forum. I figured it belong here since this is everything xbox but feel free to move/delete or whatever.

Thanks. SW

I must have been working on the link, right as you guys were replying.

The one I linked is the "Overview" info page, and it also has a link to the page Shipwreck noted.

I'll edit my original post to note both...

I tried to sign up and then the thing sent me to to a blank page. When I try to log back in it says I already signed up. Hmmm... I just hope it worked and I'm getting a card. Any discount cards are fine by me.

I don't see why it shouldn't be here as well. I hardly ever check the deals section since I'm broke but I check the 360 forum everyday. Maybe they could merge the threads while still leaving them posted in each of their own forums? If they can do that here, I don't know since I'm not a mod or anything.

Cool cards though.

Suppose buy one get one free at Quiznos and Hollywood Video were decent enough reasons to sign up for free. Knowing my luck none of the ones in this area will be participating. :p

[quote name='valor19']I tried to sign up and then the thing sent me to to a blank page. When I try to log back in it says I already signed up. Hmmm... I just hope it worked and I'm getting a card. Any discount cards are fine by me.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing...

[quote name='valor19']I tried to sign up and then the thing sent me to to a blank page. When I try to log back in it says I already signed up. Hmmm... I just hope it worked and I'm getting a card. Any discount cards are fine by me.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me, but I had to scroll up on each page.

The thing is, I used FireFox and people assumed that was the problem. However, the Xbox site doesn't seem to run right in IE for me. And I did try to scroll up or down but got nothing. Blah!

Hell, I don't even have LIVE at the moment. My local IP doesn't support LIVE, and what sucks even more is I've had a a 12 month subscription since the Mountain Dew points contest. :cry: :roll:

Hopefully, I can still use it on my original xbox when i move towards Knoxville next year.

Free food or rentals are always a plus. Maybe we can get some discounts of new games, once more vendors sign on.

LOL, That's a funny sig Help 1....

Do you have a name for it?

Like, "say halo to my taint". lol :booty: :applause:

Probably just site errors since the page has only been up less than 24 hrs, 3 pm EST time.

Maybe they will get it ironed out soon.

For all those seeing a blank page at the end of registration, you should just scroll up and there will be a message saying that you have completed the registration. You'll get an email to confirm your registration as well.

[quote name='shipwreck']For all those seeing a blank page at the end of registration, you should just scroll up and there will be a message saying that you have completed the registration. You'll get an email to confirm your registration as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Shipwreck......

I will edit and include this info into the original post....

[quote name='FlipSide']I had to scroll up in one page, the one where I had to click on the "done" button. I used Firefox.[/QUOTE]

yea same with me, just that one page. Whoohoo, free stuff, too bad i dont have a hollywood video for like 10 miles, but i have a blockbuster like 3 blocks around the corner, hopefully they have somethin in there

[quote name='xspeedracerx']What is the email like? I don't think I have receaved it.[/QUOTE]

i didnt know we got emails, until i checked just now in my gmail spam box, and there it was

Hmm.... no email. Guess it didn't go through. Makes sense since everyone and their mother is signing up and maybe the site just got bogged down. Hopefully I still get my card. Anyone sign up and NOT get an email?

Dear Murcielago77

This email is confirmation that you have registered for the Xbox Live Diamond Card. We will be reviewing all registrations for compliance with the terms and conditions. In 6-8 weeks you can expect to receive your personalized Diamond Card in the mail, sent to the address you provided.

Once you have received your Diamond Card in the mail, logon to www.xboxlivediamond.com to see a complete list of participating retailers, review the discounts, and read any additional program information. All you have to do is present your Diamond Card and the appropriate printable coupon (found on www.xboxlivediamond.com) when you shop in person, or use the checkout code provided on the site when you shop online.

Thank you for registering for the Xbox Live Diamond Card!

The Xbox Live Team

Please do not reply to this email. If you have questions please go to the xboxlivediamond.com website.

theres the email if anyone cares, doesnt seem to be important, but its good to know it went through. I did fill out all the forms though

[quote name='valor19']Hmm.... no email. Guess it didn't go through. Makes sense since everyone and their mother is signing up and maybe the site just got bogged down. Hopefully I still get my card. Anyone sign up and NOT get an email?[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's a good possibility. On the contact option it says:

I am encountering an error when attempting to register for my Diamond card.
Due to heavy usage, the Diamond program registration pages may be temporarily down. Please check back later to complete your registration.

The guy who originally posted this info on this GameSpy, were I first saw this info, was from Xbox.com, and he got the site's consent. So, this info is probably posted on every major game forum by xbox.com, and everyone knows by now.

[quote name='retail sucks']Yep, that's a good possibility. On the contact option it says:

I am encountering an error when attempting to register for my Diamond card.
Due to heavy usage, the Diamond program registration pages may be temporarily down. Please check back later to complete your registration.

The guy who originally posted this info on this GameSpy, were I first saw this info, was from Xbox.com, and he got the site's consent. So, this info is probably posted on every major game forum by xbox.com, and everyone knows by now.[/QUOTE]

Well, now when I try to log in it says the gamertag has already been used. So I can't come back later and complete the registration process. I did, however, email their support team.

[quote name='valor19']Well, now when I try to log in it says the gamertag has already been used. So I can't come back later and complete the registration process. I did, however, email their support team.[/QUOTE]
Check your spam folder. Mine showed up there. Thanks Murcielago77

[quote name='shipwreck']For all those seeing a blank page at the end of registration, you should just scroll up and there will be a message saying that you have completed the registration. You'll get an email to confirm your registration as well.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for pointing that out.

Same thing happened to me.

I'm in, the discounts look sweet and I'm hoping to get a few 3-month Xbox Live gold subscription packages for Xmas. thanks OP!

bread's done
Back