Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, 800 for Limbo? I thought it was a GREAT game, but 800 is what it should've cost when it came out. I don't care what others say, the same thing with Braid, neither were worth $15. You could beat them in a single sitting.

Limbo is now 800 points. Totally worth it.
It was made by a small independent game studio in Denmark.
They spent 4 years making this game.
They need our support.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Was just abou to post, god dammit, not gonna bite on this, evena normal dotw price will be better than this in the coming weeks/months. I can wait[/QUOTE]

Same. Passing on this for 800 MSP.

I'm in no hurry to play it, and hopefully its on sale for 400 MSP at some point in 2011.

I just have to say a enjoyed Limbo when I bought it full price at 1200 points. Very cool style and trial and error gameplay. I guess its not for everyone though.

Why the hell is it 800? dammnn, i know its a good game and all but C'mon..

I bought 1200 points specifically for this...i bought castle crashers for 600 and since all other games were going for 600, i thought limbo was too...this sucks

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I was all set to buy Limbo for 600, but 800 is too steep.[/QUOTE]

Same here. For a 3-4 hour game, 400 points is what I'm holding out for. If I didn't buy Monday Night Combat for 600 points (also felt it was a little high for an online only experience), I'm definitely not spending 800 points for Limbo.

800 Ugh. I have enough points to buy it but I was hoping for 600 at the most. Hydro Thunder at 400 made me hope for Limbo to be 400 as well.

I get that people liked Limbo but I just don't feel like its worth 1200 or 800. A game with a vague story thats left to interpretation and 3 to 4 hours just don't do it for me. Maybe its just it being overhyped getting to me but I just don't find it an "incredible experience".

I wanna support the indie devs but I have a feeling I'll regret spending the $10 after completely finishing a game in about 3 hours. Next to Super Meat Boy, the bang for my buck doesn't seem as appealling

cool I can skip Limbo now. guess I'll grab Banjo or something. Would've grabbed it at 600 but def not 800, thats no sale when even Braid goes for 800 regularly now. nice try tho MS

Guys since you're not getting Limbo because of the price please think about Cthulhu Saves the World, it just came out on the indie channel today and if it sells well we'll see him be able to start creating jobs full time.
240 points

Tempted on Limbo but the 800MSP along with all my other holiday purchases make me wanna pass. It'll be on sale in about 6-8 months again and I will likely get it then, even at 800MSP, but for now... not likely

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Was just abou to post, god dammit, not gonna bite on this, evena normal dotw price will be better than this in the coming weeks/months. I can wait[/QUOTE]

u mad? :bouncy: lol Even if it's deal of the week, it'll be the same price. typically, if a game is 1200 ms points and it becomes deal of the week it gets knocked down to 800 ms points. so wait a few months if ya want for the same price, just means you'll play the game later on instead of now.

updated OP.

On LIMBO:

If you want to be a real cheapass, there are several complete playthroughs on Youtube. (This is a joke)

This game is on several GOTY lists. Using Braid as an example, it might be cheaper until a price drop followed by a sale. Even then it would probably be 560 MSP.

I really just don't get waiting for $5 more off the price, but to each his/her own. If the game has piqued any of your senses, pick it up for 800MSP. If you are so/so on it, I guess keep waiting.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Guys since you're not getting Limbo because of the price please think about Cthulhu Saves the World, it just came out on the indie channel today and if it sells well we'll see him be able to start creating jobs full time.
240 points[/QUOTE]

Bought it without even going for the trial. Breath of Death VII was great.

Damn-it. I only have ~600 pts, and I was kinda hopin Limbo wouldn't be more than that. I also got denied on that stupid, free points email, which would have given me enough to get Limbo. I guess fate just doesn't want me to have this game :whistle2:(
edit. And amazon is out of digital download codes. That's 3 signs now.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Guys since you're not getting Limbo because of the price please think about Cthulhu Saves the World, it just came out on the indie channel today and if it sells well we'll see him be able to start creating jobs full time.
240 points[/QUOTE]

I'll likely do this too.

I really enjoyed Breath of Death, although I never did get around to finishing it. That game had more quality for $1 than many full XBLA titles do for $10 or $15.

[quote name='reddjoey']updated OP.

On LIMBO:

If you want to be a real cheapass, there are several complete playthroughs on Youtube. (This is a joke)

This game is on several GOTY lists. Using Braid as an example, it might be cheaper until a price drop followed by a sale. Even then it would probably be 560 MSP.

I really just don't get waiting for $5 more off the price, but to each his/her own. If the game has piqued any of your senses, pick it up for 800MSP. If you are so/so on it, I guess keep waiting.[/QUOTE]

Even though I wont be picking this up tomorrow most likely I still think its worth the price (which it will inevitably within the next year again or cheaper) Its more the principle and the fact I alotted for 600MSP for this... I'm not willing to shell out more $ now for this deal and I have enough games on the back burner I can wait

I won't be buying this. If I want to spend 800 points, i'd much rather get a world of keflings. Did anyone watch that video? The way the co-op screen splits, it looks fucking awesome for local co-op.

Hopefully a lot of people get this so my walkthrough will be bumped in views a bit 8) =P haha.

But really, this is the ONLY game I will ever recommend that you NOT play for the length. It's perfect in how it is. The style is amazing. The ambient setting is beautiful. While I'll probably be on the minority side, I definitely went back to Limbo much more than any other game XBLA game this year besides Meat Boy. But with that said. Limbo is in my top 5 for the year, Meat Boy isn't in my 10.

If you want an awesome, satisfying, and different feel of a game, get it. If it really REALLY matters about how much you get out of the game in terms of length then yes, pass. But if you tend to think like that, you may not like this game at all.

Edit: My only gripe was the price. But being that I had to review it, had it come out at 800msp at the time, it would've been a perfect 10. Which, to me, means a lot. I pick at every game I love. RE4 was the only one worthy to me of that number.

do remember, Limbo has gotten good reviews everywhere just about. The game has Avatar awards, achievements of course, easter eggs and takes about 4 hours to complete.

[quote name='intoxicated662']do remember, Limbo has gotten good reviews everywhere just about. The game has Avatar awards, achievements of course, easter eggs and takes about 4 hours to complete.[/QUOTE]

If you legitimately look for the easter eggs or try for the "No Point in Dying" achievement, you'll get great game-time out of it too.

Grabbed Limbo--and, because the sale is coming to an end soon, also Castle Crashers and Carcassonne.

Still on the fence about Banjo-Tooie, and fairly certain that PART ONE of Sonic 4 isn't worth 800 points. My only concern, as far as both games go, is that the next sales might be Gold-only, and I am Silver. *Shrug*

mehhhhh skippin limbo. i only wanted it for the achievements anyways...
I was at a friend's house earlier and it reminded me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi8A5bsbmUM
It's just not worth the $10. (especially compared to super meat boy)

Anyways... I wanted to give a big thanks to reddjoey for his hard work keeping this thread the most updated of any other on cag. Hope to see y'all next year!

Decided to bite on Sonic 1,2,3 and Sonic and Knuckles. 720pts ($9) for 800 fun and easy gamerscore sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Well worth the trip down memory lane.

Too bad Limbo was 800. Kinda glad though as 600 would have been tempting whereas my price point is 400. I can easily wait it out for that much.

The Super Meat Boy comparison is goofy. I tried the demo of SMB and that was enough of SMB for me. I tried the demo of Limbo and I wanted to continue, but wasn't sure I wanted to pay 1200 for it. So while I'm not sure if it's worth 800, it is certainly worth a lot more to me then SMB, and these aren't even remotely similar games, so it's just a goofy comparison to begin with.

[quote name='Newl']I wanted to give a big thanks to reddjoey for his hard work keeping this thread the most updated of any other on cag. Hope to see y'all next year![/QUOTE]

You're welcome. However, I think JP works harder on the GS thread.

I will probably pick up Limbo even at 800 MSP. Given that I expected both it and Hydro Thunder Hurricane to sell for 600 MSP each, my total price I expected to pay was 1200. Since HTH was 400 and Limbo is 800, I'm still out the 1200 I expected to be out.

[quote name='buster90']Limbo has runied my new years. Thanks Microsoft. I was hoping for 400 or even 600 points but 800 is no buy.[/QUOTE]

it's that serious? wow, some of you all aren't even grateful that it's on sale for $5 off. I bought it @ launch and regret it for $15, but for $10 i'd say it's a buy. you're supporting an indie developer as it is and also helping them launch good future titles. I think this is a decent deal and it's alot better than having avatar items, gamerpics & themes on sale. Be grateful and learn to appreciate. You were hoping it was going to be 600 ms points and now that it isn't that price, you feel let down because you expected something and got something else instead.

[quote name='buster90']Limbo has runied my new years. Thanks Microsoft. I was hoping for 400 or even 600 points but 800 is no buy.[/QUOTE]

Well at least you set the bar pretty low for 2011

Bought Limbo and I'm very excited to play it. I've been wanting to buy it for a while now but 1200 was just too much. I really loved the demo and I'm the kinda guy who enjoys quality of quantity so this sounds like my kind of game.

It looks like most people that aren't buying limbo are like me. It isn't that I don't want it, it's that for this price tag there are other things that I would rather have.

[quote name='gordojones88']Limbo is now 800 points. Totally worth it.
It was made by a small independent game studio in Denmark.
They spent 4 years making this game.
They need our support.

.[/QUOTE]

I knew it was a small dev but I didn't know it what THAT small and took that long. Already planned on buying it and I have just enough points. Sold!

Okay so here is what i bought over the sales. I started the sale with 4840 MS points

Comic Jumper- 800 MS Points
Marvel UA1 DLC- 800 MS Points
Castlevania HoD- 600 MS Points
Alan Wake: The Writer- 200 MS Points
Mass Effect: Lair of the Shadow Broker- 200 MS Points
Limbo- 800 MS Points
Magic the Gathering: DLC 3- 400 MS Points
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX- 800 MS Points

I now have 240 MS Points left. Overall, it was a very good sale/other stuff.

[quote name='crunchewy']The Super Meat Boy comparison is goofy. I tried the demo of SMB and that was enough of SMB for me. I tried the demo of Limbo and I wanted to continue, but wasn't sure I wanted to pay 1200 for it. So while I'm not sure if it's worth 800, it is certainly worth a lot more to me then SMB, and these aren't even remotely similar games, so it's just a goofy comparison to begin with.[/QUOTE]

I played the Super Meat Boy Demo and the Limbo demo. I played the Limbo demo once and I was done with it (the demo). I played the SMB demo, and then played it again. And again to A+ all the levels. so IMO Super Meat boy had the addictive replayability that I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back