Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome promo!

I'm 99% sure that I'll be getting Comic Jumper, Sonic 4 Episode 1, and Super Meat Boy...so that right there should net me the rebate. :bouncy:

BTW: Anyone get the rebate from Summer of Arcade '10 yet?

That is an awesome promo. I've been meaning to pick up the last two BioShock 2 DLC packs, so that's $15 right there... Maybe I'll pick up Limbo or something.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']hmm is the AC2 secret locations addon worth the extra 240 points?[/QUOTE]

The secret locations are the only decent DLC for AC2, but they aren't anywhere near as good as any of the Assassin Tombs already in the game. Forli is completely pathetic, and Bonfire is just tedious. Neither are worth it, even at 160pts, IMO.

They don't sell them separately, so basically you have to look at it like $5 for the secret locations. If you wait till the october rebate starts, this could be filler towards getting your 2400pts (or does it exclude items that are on sale?)

This is one promo that I might actually take advantage of. I was already planning on buying the new Borderlands DLC and a few Rock Band songs, so spending a few extra bucks won't hurt.

Awesome promo! I'm glad I haven't bought anything since Shank. I still need to buy Scott Pilgrim and was thinking of buying Toy Soldiers, so I'm well on my way. Now let's hope for that Deathspank sale in a couple weeks!

I'm glad I waited on getting the Claptrap DLC for Borderlands. I was gonna pick it up last night, but ended up playing Dead Rising 2 for quite a while instead.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Awesome promo!

I'm 99% sure that I'll be getting Comic Jumper, Sonic 4 Episode 1, and Super Meat Boy...so that right there should net me the rebate. :bouncy:

BTW: Anyone get the rebate from Summer of Arcade '10 yet?[/QUOTE]

Not me, I bought all 5 games in the promo and still no 1200msp were deposited in my account, I guess today was the last day of the 4-week wait period so I will have to email M$ about it...

This is actually a really good rebate offer. I'll already be down to 1600 points worth of purchases needed after i get Toy Soldiers tomorrow. Easy $10.

Sweet deal if it counts Rock Band tracks as game ad-ons.

I've also been wanting to get the Minerva's den DLC for Bioshock 2. That could work out nicely...

[quote name='DJP519']Sweet deal if it counts Rock Band tracks as game ad-ons....[/QUOTE]

It does work for Rock Band Tracks. Xbox Support tweeted that it does.

Procrastination pays off. I've been meaning to get Toy Soldiers this week anyway and to also pick up Dead Rising Case 0. By waiting till Fri/Sat, I can be halfway to the 2400pts threshold. Maybe I'll go ahead an pick up Limbo to put me over the top near the end of the month, assuming there is nothing else on sale that catches my eye.

[quote name='hostyl1']Procrastination pays off. I've been meaning to get Toy Soldiers this week anyway and to also pick up Dead Rising Case 0. By waiting till Fri/Sat, I can be halfway to the 2400pts threshold. Maybe I'll go ahead an pick up Limbo to put me over the top near the end of the month, assuming there is nothing else on sale that catches my eye.[/QUOTE]Same here with picking up Toy Soldiers. I'm sure I can find something else to get me up to 2400 points before the end of October.

[quote name='shrike4242']Same here with picking up Toy Soldiers. I'm sure I can find something else to get me up to 2400 points before the end of October.[/QUOTE]

If you're into Rock Band, there should be some DLC (and RB2 import) in support of RB3.

[quote name='reddjoey']
September 28th: "Sequel Sale Extravaganza" OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS!!! "THIS WEEK ONLY"
"Star Wars: The Force Unleashed"
-Character Pack 1 - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Character Pack 2 - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Hoth Mission Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Jedi Temple Mission Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Tatooine Mission Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
[/QUOTE]
Is this EVERYTHING that comes with the U.S.E. (Ultimate Sith Edition)?

Or does the U.S.E. come with more in-game stuff?

:whistle2:k

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Is this EVERYTHING that comes with the U.S.E. (Ultimate Sith Edition)?

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
IIRC the Hoth DLC was originally the only exclusive stuff.

Wish I had waited to get all the SWTFU dlc packs, but least I still got a good deal on em. Guess this just means I'll be getting even more stuff! Yay having 2 deathspank games to buy if nothing on sale comes up... doubt Deathspank will win the member's choice DotW since its in last place atm :( - Damn battlefield fanboys.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Is this EVERYTHING that comes with the U.S.E. (Ultimate Sith Edition)?

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

yes. thats everything. there might have been an extra costume but I dont think so.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Castlevania HD was a crappy grindfest from day one. I pity those who are so attached that they'll pay for this DLC and shall have to bear the shame of supporting this grotesque cash grab for the rest of their lives.[/QUOTE]

I pity people who make troll-like comments about games they don't like. As for people who enjoy Harmony of Despair, I'm sure they will enjoy the new level, high price or not.

This is undoubtedly the best rebate offer that MS has had yet because I can spend my points on anything in the Game Marketplace. Rock Band DLC will get me to 2400 point in no time.

Does anyone know if you need to buy 2400 points, or spend 2400 points? I have points on my account already and would like to know.

[quote name='JamesMc']Does anyone know if you need to buy 2400 points, or spend 2400 points? I have points on my account already and would like to know.[/QUOTE]

Checking the fine print and it says spend.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Hey, reddjoey, Costume Quest comes out October 10th!

http://gameinformer.com/games/costume_quest/b/xbox360/archive/2010/09/30/preview.aspx

I'm so excited. I think my promo buys will be Deathspank and Costume Quest.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Utopia. The 10th is a Sunday. In the upper right is says 20th, so I'm going with that date as it is a Wednesday

>> lease allow four weeks for delivery, on or around November 30, 2010

So, what's up with this? If I was getting them in the mail, that would
be one thing, but it's being issued digitally.

[quote name='GlassAgate']>> lease allow four weeks for delivery, on or around November 30, 2010

So, what's up with this? If I was getting them in the mail, that would
be one thing, but it's being issued digitally.

[/QUOTE]

That's how it always is, nothing new.

Toy Soldiers is all aces when it comes to presentation, but it is still tower defense, a miserable genre of sitting and staring at the screen. Taking over your units is a good touch, but then it just becomes tower defense with a touch of mounted turret/mortar levels.

I'd say stick with Plants vs. Zombies, but if you liked the demo, by all means take the plunge. It does not degrade in quality from the demo and the style and presentation are solid for an XBLA game.

I love the news about the October promo. I shall be getting 5600 worth of points soon. I know I'm getting Plants vs. Zombies, but not sure of what else. There is a lot I'm interested in. The upcoming slate of games look more appealing than the Summer of Arcade games.

I don't see why they wouldn't. You still have to spend a set amount, so buying something for a discounted price would just mean you have to buy something else as well.

[quote name='genfuyung']Someone posted earlier that it couldnt be combined with other offers. Dotw is another offer.[/QUOTE]
It's not an offer in the sense that you get additional credit or whatever, which I think that's what is generally meant. It's more like a sale price. Regardless, people should confirm before they commit to spending their points.

[quote name='sadboy']It's not an offer in the sense that you get additional credit or whatever, which I think that's what is generally meant. It's more like a sale price. Regardless, people should confirm before they commit to spending their points.[/QUOTE]

It was my plan to use the 800 Toy Soldiers purchase as part of my 2400. It would never have occured to me that those would be excluded under those terms until I read people speculating that here. I mean, the sale of a new XBL arcade game is technically an "offer" so maybe nothing counts ;).

But seriously, I took it to mean other similar offers of free or promotional credit - the fact that there doesn't happen to be any other current offers notwithstanding. I just figured it was typical cover-your-ass legalese stuff.

If certain discounted things aren't included then they would need to provide you a running total of your qualifying purchases to enforce that without pissing a bunch of people off. If I don't get my promo credit at the end of Nov. then they'll be hearing from me (and probably lots of other people). On the other hand, I might just go over 2400 in "real" purchases anyway if I decide to splurge on Costume Quest and some ME 2 DLC. And maybe that's the plan - keep it sufficiently vague so people are tempted to "pad" their discounted purchases to qualify regardless. Sneaky, MS, very sneaky...

So I think doing the Endless Setlist 2 on Rock Band 2 earlier today was a bad idea (yay Bladder of Steel achievement) because I was going to buy Rock Band songs as part of my 2400 but now I feel sick at the thought of playing Rock Band anymore lol

[quote name='io']
If certain discounted things aren't included then they would need to provide you a running total of your qualifying purchases to enforce that without pissing a bunch of people off. If I don't get my promo credit at the end of Nov. then they'll be hearing from me (and probably lots of other people). On the other hand, I might just go over 2400 in "real" purchases anyway if I decide to splurge on Costume Quest and some ME 2 DLC. And maybe that's the plan - keep it sufficiently vague so people are tempted to "pad" their discounted purchases to qualify regardless. Sneaky, MS, very sneaky...[/QUOTE]

What ever happened with that promotion a while back with the EA XBLA games? I remember some people were worried that buying a discounted Battlefield 1943 wouldnt apply to that offer. If the people that used the discounted Battlefield 1943 to reach the required threshold then and still recieved the offer, we'd have a good indication that sale prices do indeed count.

Anyone remember what happened back then?

Speaking of getting points back: Has ANYBODY gotten the points back from the Summer of Arcade deal!? They said it should have been yesterday and so far I've got nothing!

Is it still too early?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']do sale / dotw items count towards the 2400 ?[/QUOTE]

No, they do not. Check the other thread for my link to the confirmation.

Sweet promo...will probably be grabbing the BL DLC and Alan Wake DLC (think its the 12th?)...so one arcade game or so should put me at 2400.

Anyone got their credit from the Summer of Arcade Promo? Said we should get it on or around Sept. 30th, but havent seen anything yet.

Have any SNK games ever gone on sale?

I want to get Samurai Shodown II and/or King of Fighters '98, but I don't think they're worth 800 points each

This thread is so much more civil than the other one. :) Yay October gonna burn into my wallet and I LOVE IT!

Also concerning the Europe rep confirmation... more often then not Europe is wrong. :) Major Nelson will definitely be mentioning this in the coming days as to what qualifies, he always does and his info is guaranteed to be right.

Very unfortunate if DOTW/other sales don't count. Kind of stupid in a way too, if the point is to drive up sales with a rebate offer, why limit sales? More importantly though, I see there being a bit of a fallout when the average live user, who reads only the offer from their dashboard, is upset when they don't get their rebate and are told that a lot of the 2400 points they probably wouldn't have spent otherwise didn't count. A lot of people keep saying, DOTW is obviously an offer and you should realize it doesn't count, but Microsoft could, and really probably should, make it very obvious that the DOTW doesn't count since there is ample room for confusion.

Yes, thanks for keeping this thread civil.

I am going to move the promo down next to the XBLA games and add a note about exclusions. Sadly MS didn't list that exclusion on the website when they launched the promo. (FYI: I pulled the deal from the website within minutes of its announcement.)

TLDR - Some sales won't count toward your 2400

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emg28']In for PvZ and Limbo. I'd get Deathspank but I think that it will eventually be DotW because of the sequel.[/QUOTE]

Deathspank is on the block for the member's choice deal... but its gonna lose since its in last place atm -_-. Will probably have to wait a while for it to come up again. You could always get the sequel thats already out tho ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back