Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's smarter to use this promotion towards games that have never gone on sale (i.e. older games) because a lot of the newer games, like toy soldiers seem to have sales of at least 33% off within 6 months so if you can wait on the newer stuff, you can use this promotion to get sales on the stuff to obscure to ever really go on sale.

[quote name='jputahraptor']I think it's smarter to use this promotion towards games that have never gone on sale (i.e. older games) because a lot of the newer games, like toy soldiers seem to have sales of at least 33% off within 6 months so if you can wait on the newer stuff, you can use this promotion to get sales on the stuff to obscure to ever really go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Course you could also treat this as getting a sale on the newer stuff right now :) In for plants vs. zombies! still trying to decide between deathspank 1/2 and limbo. any recommendations?

You know Italy and France are excluded from the promo.

[quote name='emidas']The current one week DLC sales of Fallout, Fable, etc. do not count as they are sales promos.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the that. I agree.

I just tweeted @XboxSupport about the debacle.

[quote name='Me']
@XboxSupport Thanks for the help. Can you tell me if the Deal of the Week sales purchased during OCT count in the 2400 pt promo?
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='XboxSupport']
@reddjoey As long as its Games and Game Add on's, it should. ^MK[/QUOTE]

Also, on the website MS excludes Japan, but not on the dash. I say place it safe and only count things you know 100% will work with the rebate.

Thanks again for keeping it civil here guys/gals

Last edited by a moderator:
You know Italy and France are excluded from the promo.

How about I throw this log in the fire:
I just tweeted @XboxSupport about the debacle and they tweeted back it should. I will link to it when I get to a home PC.

Typical Microsoft not having DOTW count.

If I wait until Toy Soldiers is back to 1200 and I bought Banjo-Tooie, I'd get the rebate and essentially get both for 1600. If I just bought Toy Soldiers now for 800 and B-T for 1200 later, I'd get both for 2000 and no rebate. Is the headache of dealing with the rebate worth 400 points?

Ok, I'm sold on Costume Quest. That game reminds me of Paper Mario, albeit an entirely different theme. So that's a definite. Now to decide on Laura Croft or Comic Jumper or... ? I'm going to get Sonic 4 on the Wii as I've got points there and I'd rather use the classic controller dpad by far, so I won't be getting Sonic on XBLA.

What the hell!? I come back here and see we have confirmation that the DotW and sale stuff doesn't count and confirmation that it does count. :roll:

Wonderful, Microsoft, way to clear that up...

It is utterly and completely stupid not to have it count. I don't even get the thinking that makes someone conclude (either on MS side or one of you guys) that that stuff wouldn't count. It is WAY too confusing to even know what is on sale and what isn't in order to keep track of your "qualifying" purchases. When you buy stuff off XBL directly, I don't think it even shows when something is a special offer, right? If that stuff doesn't count they either need to show a "counter" of your qualifying purchases (say, a bar or meter that fills as you buy qualifying things) or they need to state clearly upon purchase when something doesn't qualify.

[quote name='io']
It is utterly and completely stupid not to have it count. [/QUOTE]

I agree.

They only say if you spend 2400 pts. you'll get back 800 pts.

Simple.

Now they are going to get technical with it? WTF?

Limbo + Claptrap + Dead rising case zero = 2400

I waited a few days on the borderlands dlc and get some bonus points for my effort. :)
Thanks for the heads up, OP.

I picked up the 2 addons for Fable 2 and Toy Soldiers. Planning to pick up Comic Jumper and Super Meat Boy as well. That should put me over 2400 easy.

Don't forget, if you need to make the 800 pt offer, consider the Bioshock 2 addons. They recently came out with Minerva's Den, a single player episode that is well reviewed.

Does Avatar stuff count as Game Add-Ons or is that excluded from the promo? This might be the only time I'd even consider paying for any Avatar clothes.

Still no word on the deal of the week. Xbox.jp is no help and MajorNelson or his crew, (MN is in Orlando, FL for the weekend. e is in Eugene, Oregon) I guess we will have to wait for the deal to go live.

I don't think avatar clothes fall under Aracade or game add-ons.

Also another tweet exchange with @XboxSupport says that ANYTHING under add-ons of XBLA games is fair game.

[quote name='Me']
@XboxSupport What sale/promotions are excluded from counting toward the spend 2400pts / 800 pt rebate? I can't find a concrete answer...
[/QUOTE]
[quote name=' XboxSupport']
@reddjoey The concrete answer is all Arcade games and game add-ons count. =) ^RR
[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Me']
@XboxSupport So deal of the week and the sequel sale extravaganza will work toward it? Sorry to be a pain about it...
[/QUOTE]
[quote name=' XboxSupport']
@reddjoey Yep! Anything listed under Arcade and game add ons. ^RR
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='reddjoey']Still no word on the deal of the week. Xbox.jp is no help and MajorNelson or his crew, (MN is in Orlando, FL for the weekend. e is in Eugene, Oregon) I guess we will have to wait for the deal to go live.

I don't think avatar clothes fall under Aracade or game add-ons.

Also another tweet exchange with @XboxSupport says that ANYTHING under add-ons of XBLA games is fair game.[/QUOTE]

Look at it this way, take a screen shot of the convo and post it on here if you could please. If someone doesn't get the rebate because DOTW stuff didn't qualify they can send the screen shot and say "xbox's official support twitter said it did..." More than likely get the rebate after that no matter what.

By the way RedJoey, thanks for keeping on top of this thread! Possibly one of the most thoroughly updated OP's on the whole of CAG.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Look at it this way, take a screen shot of the convo and post it on here if you could please. If someone doesn't get the rebate because DOTW stuff didn't qualify they can send the screen shot and say "xbox's official support twitter said it did..." More than likely get the rebate after that no matter what.

By the way RedJoey, thanks for keeping on top of this thread! Possibly one of the most thoroughly updated OP's on the whole of CAG.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words. I took a screen-cap for you and put it behind the spoiler.
anippy.jpg

Thanks for getting clarification from Xboxsupport, joey! I'm still not sure why the Euro rep thought differently, which makes me cautious still...but with a screencap of your convo, I feel much safer. Time to finally get that last Fallout DLC done before NV comes out, and to finally play Sequence 12+13 for AC2.

[quote name='genfuyung']Comic Jumper, Costume Quest (the quick look on giantbomb sold me within a minute), and scott pilgrim for me.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, didn't that game just look so over the top awesome?

I hope somebody finds info on what the next 4 Deals of the Week so we can plan accordingly. I guess at least I can figure out what the week of the 18th will have 'cause of the voting.

[quote name='seanr1221']Everyone should be buying Comic Jumper and Meat Boy anyway, so it doesn't matter if DotW counts or not ;)[/QUOTE]
Would've bought meat boy at 800. Putting it up to 1200 is arrogant, even with free DLC.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Seriously, didn't that game just look so over the top awesome?[/QUOTE]
Yeah man, as soon as that kid transformed into the robot I was sold. I can't wait to see the other costumes.

[quote name='notwen']Anyone received their points from the Summer of Arcade promo? Was due to be sent to us on the 30th or following days.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know when they're coming too. Haven't seen mine yet.

The rebate is open to everyone (there is no restriction mentioned in the fine print)

Also November OXM has Super Meat Boy listed at 800 Monkey Paws. I am leaving it at 1200 because print media runs off old news, but I would still cross my fingers

[quote name='reddjoey']Thanks for the kind words. I took a screen-cap for you and put it behind the spoiler.
anippy.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm sure many will feel a lot better with the ability to point to this in the event Microsoft goes all pain in the ass on people later. I personally don't know if I'll end up taking advantage of this or not, I really wish I had waited one more day to buy Case Zero, but oh well. Already spent 400 this month and I may actually have to buy Comic Jumper at full price, game just looks amazing... so who knows...

[quote name='shadowrage']Does anyone know what day the deal for the Star Wars add-ons ends. Is it one full week or does it end on sunday or monday?[/QUOTE]

They typically end sales right when it ticks over to monday.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Quick question: is the 800 pt rebate only good for Gold members (like most of the other deals) or is it for anyone?[/QUOTE]

thread title states "Open to silver"

Live DotW|9/27 Toy Soldiers|9/28 Sequel Sale (Open to Silver)|800 MS pt rebate offer
[quote name='kidrocklive']thread title states "Open to silver"[/QUOTE]

That seems to refer to the discount off of specific DLC.

Is all of the SW:FU dlc worth it? So far it seems like the AC2 stuff isn't. I am tempted to get all the FO3 dlc but I might as well wait for the GOTY edition to drop lower.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Quick question: is the 800 pt rebate only good for Gold members (like most of the other deals) or is it for anyone?[/QUOTE]

If you look a few posts above yours.....

If you look at the fine print it doesn't mention an exlusion or restriction based on Gold vs. Silver. The only promos I have seen with those retrictions are "Upgrade to Gold and get X"

[quote name='reddjoey']If you look a few posts above yours.....

If you look at the fine print it doesn't mention an exlusion or restriction based on Gold vs. Silver. The only promos I have seen with those retrictions are "Uprage to Gold and get X"[/QUOTE]

So we should hold off on those anger management classes then? :p

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Is all of the SW:FU dlc worth it? So far it seems like the AC2 stuff isn't. I am tempted to get all the FO3 dlc but I might as well wait for the GOTY edition to drop lower.[/QUOTE]

By SW: FU if you mean Star Wars: The Force Unleashed then it's more or less worth it. I would NEVER pay 800 points a piece for the Jedi Temples and Tatooine missions. Hoth is also 50% off but has no achievements. As for the two DLC's that do, they're both pretty short(beat them in 20-30 minutes) but the Jedi Temples mission you have to replay for the difficulties(so 4 times if you want them all). As for the Tatooine mission, it was short but fun and got all the achievements first time around plus you fight Boba Fett and Obi Wan =) In short, if you care about achievements I'd buy them because 800 for both is a lot better then 1600 which i would never pay. Hopefully that helps with your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back