Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I already have the other dlc so the Ultimate edition isn't for me. But at this price, I"m going to have to pick up these last remaining holdouts.

[quote name='akmgmer']Wow, I already have the other dlc so the Ultimate edition isn't for me. But at this price, I"m going to have to pick up these last remaining holdouts.[/QUOTE]

That is what I figured also.

I bought DA:O for 21.01 when EA had it on sale. Then I got DA:O Awakenings from Kmart for $5.24 after a coupon. The rest of DLC (except Witch Hunt) I was able to get on sale now. So far it has cost me $42.75 for everything but Witch Hunt and Feastday Combo pack. Hopefully it will go on sale and if not the most it ended up costing me for the entire game is $52.75. I know the Ultimate will be cheaper on sale but its not bad for getting it piece by piece over the last 6 months.

Sorry guys. Was out voting and then doing laundry. Next time if I don't have a sale listed feel free to PM me so I'll get an email and can try and update from my phone.

Snoopy is a very awesome game, especially for $5.

I picked up the Dragon Age DLC, plus Witch Hunt. Gonna be a fun few days going through those.

[quote name='reddjoey']Sorry guys. Was out voting and then doing laundry. Next time if I don't have a sale listed feel free to PM me so I'll get an email and can try and update from my phone.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about posting it as a thread. Next time I will just PM you if I see anything before you (which will almost never happen:)) so that it can make it to the OP.

snoopy & risk were added to my collection but damn, next week's sale(s) don't look interesting. any word on future dotw for the remaining 2 weeks of this month? maybe a black friday xbl dlc sale?? haha

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Darkspawn sucks, but the rest look good. Only one I need is Lelienna's song, which I'll get.

Awakenings is also 50% off, btw.[/QUOTE]

The normal price has been 2400. So it's 33% off.

[quote name='Ionotropic']i'm still mad at leliana cuz she was in love with me but wouldn't have sex with me[/QUOTE]
I hope you don't mind me quoting this and adding it to my signature. I thought it was awesome.

Tempted to pick up the Dragon Age DLC because I'll be playing it soon. But I'll probably hold off in case I hate the game (which would be crazy).

[quote name='chickenbutt']Peggle is part of the Deal of the Week I think. I'm on the Destination Arcade thing and I see it for 400.[/QUOTE]

Awesome deal for anyone who hasn't bought the game. I have it for PS3 so I won't be "double-dipping", but I'm curious whether it includes Peggle Nights, or is that a separate add-on?

[quote name='chickenbutt']Peggle is part of the Deal of the Week I think. I'm on the Destination Arcade thing and I see it for 400.[/QUOTE]

Cool! I see the same when searching for Peggle on xbox.xom:

Gold Exclusive Price

[quote name='regis100']Cool! I see the same when searching for Peggle on xbox.xom:

Gold Exclusive Price
400[/QUOTE]

Why bother getting Peggle for $5? It's a fun enough game but instead of waiting for IT to go on sale, why not wait for this to go on sale?
http://www.amazon.com/PopCap-Arcade-Vol-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001EQPDOM/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b

Heck, even if you bought it now, it's like paying $5 for each of the 3 games (Peggle included), it's on a disk so it's resellable and you don't have to use HDD space on it.

Excellent price for this game. It has lots of content, and the online matches are fun.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Awesome deal for anyone who hasn't bought the game. I have it for PS3 so I won't be "double-dipping", but I'm curious whether it includes Peggle Nights, or is that a separate add-on?[/QUOTE]

Peggle Nights isn't included. It's a separate add-on for only 400 points. So now someone could hypothetically spend 800 points and get the full game. Pretty sweet.

[quote name='typical guy']Why bother getting Peggle for $5? It's a fun enough game but instead of waiting for IT to go on sale, why not wait for this to go on sale?
http://www.amazon.com/PopCap-Arcade-Vol-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001EQPDOM/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b

Heck, even if you bought it now, it's like paying $5 for each of the 3 games (Peggle included), it's on a disk so it's resellable and you don't have to use HDD space on it.[/QUOTE]

If I hadn't already owned Peggle when this PvZ disc release came out, I probably would have considered it more. As it was, I wanted PvZ earlier than the disc released.

OK I added Peggle, I can't xbox.com to load, so I can't put up links to the new XBLA titles or peggle yet. I have to leave for class, so I will put all that in at 3pm when I get back from class

when are we supposed to get our 800 pt rebate? i bought sonic, comic jumper, and meatboy, and that was over 2400 and i did not receive mine nor did i even re/cieve my rebate from buying 3 summer arcade titles did everyone else get theirs and im just getting boned

I think the rebates take a few weeks.

I'm looking for a little imput here. I have DA:O & Awakening on disc, but none of the other dlc save for Shale. I want to play most of the other dlc. So would it be better to trade my 2 discs in now and wait for a cheap Ultimate ed or to just buy the dlc from the marketplace as it goes on sale?

[quote name='Gertle627']I'm looking for a little imput here. I have DA:O & Awakening on disc, but none of the other dlc save for Shale. I want to play most of the other dlc. So would it be better to trade my 2 discs in now and wait for a cheap Ultimate ed or to just buy the dlc from the marketplace as it goes on sale?[/QUOTE]
If I were you I would wait and keep an eye on the Ultimate Edition. I feel like it's a prime candidate for a $30-40 Black Friday deal.

Figures. 2 weeks after I dump Dragon Age: Origins, the rest of the dlc goes on sale.:D I only really wanted to play Leliana's, so it's not a big deal.

dude, it seems like the DOTW is the same stuff way to often. Dragon Age, done it i think twice already?, Mass effect, a ton of times, etc. I don't get it, they have a TON of stuff to DLC and arcade yet it seems every couple months a similar/same thing gets plugged into the deals..

[quote name='Gertle627']I'm looking for a little imput here. I have DA:O & Awakening on disc, but none of the other dlc save for Shale. I want to play most of the other dlc. So would it be better to trade my 2 discs in now and wait for a cheap Ultimate ed or to just buy the dlc from the marketplace as it goes on sale?[/QUOTE]

Well they already put everything else (minus Witch Hunt) on sale in August so I doubt they'll do it twice.

Here's the MSRP on DA DLC minus Awakening:

Warden's Keep- $7
Return to Ostagar- $5
Feast Day Combo- $3
Leiliana's Song- $7
Darkspawn Chronicles- $5
Golems of Amgarrak- $5
Witch Hunt- $7

Total- $39

Use that and your finance situation to determine which is better for you. The DLC's you would want most (3 of the these 4 are played in Origins) would be:

Warden's Keep
Return to Ostagar
Feast Day Combo
Witch Hunt * side story see below

The other 3 are side stories that play as seperate games that give you items that can be used in the main game or Awakening if you complete the tasks. Witch Hunt is that way also, but how you interact with Morrigan both in the main game and that DLC have an effect on the world going into Dragon Age 2.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']dude, it seems like the DOTW is the same stuff way to often. Dragon Age, done it i think twice already?, Mass effect, a ton of times, etc. I don't get it, they have a TON of stuff to DLC and arcade yet it seems every couple months a similar/same thing gets plugged into the deals..[/QUOTE]

For Dragon Age it was the first half of DLC for the game in August, now it's the 2nd half (well minus Witch Hunt.) Mass Effect 2 has only had 1 DLC sale.

They also are only going to put on sale an Arcade game that's been out for awhile or has special circumstances (see Blade Kitten's dev who also did Game Room going OoB) they think will sell a few thousand copies if it's on sale or DLC for a retail game that's sold a lot of copies.

What is out there that you want so badly that hasn't been on sale?

[quote name='360...']when are we supposed to get our 800 pt rebate? i bought sonic, comic jumper, and meatboy, and that was over 2400 and i did not receive mine nor did i even re/cieve my rebate from buying 3 summer arcade titles did everyone else get theirs and im just getting boned[/QUOTE]

I believe they said they would deposit the points by the end of November for this promo so I wouldn't expect anything until after Thanksgiving.

Not sure about the summer arcade title, but you should have received your points by now. Have you been checking billing.microsoft.com periodically? If you didn't see the points deposited you should contact support.

Depends, if your a Yugioh fan, then its worth it. Otherwise, the game is INSANELY rage inducing. They give you the worlds crappiest starter deck, and even the first AI opponents you face can pull monsters that are nigh impossible to beat with it.

Plus you can only earn new cards by winning or losing a duel, so.....meh?

Yeah, the AI cheats like the dickens. I actually got to the semifinals on my first try through thanks to EXTREME luck.

[quote name='JStryke']Yeah, the AI cheats like the dickens. I actually got to the semifinals on my first try through thanks to EXTREME luck.[/QUOTE]

Lucky, on the ONE time that i managed to beat 2 out of the 3 characters, somehow the 3rd managed to qualify with exactly 3 points more than me

Isn't the DA:O Ultimate edition DLC on disc? I swear I read somewhere that it was like the Fallout 3 and Oblivion GOTY edition second disks: pop it in ur xbox and rip the content. If so, can't you just rent it (or buy from gamestop and return it)? I have it on PC, but am thinking of doing this (as my PC has been having some issues recently) to play it on xbox instead.

Some new content dates I saw:

Arcade:
Undergarden - Nov 10
Faery Arcade - Nov 10
Days of Thunder - Nov 17
Trouble Witches - Nov 17

DLC
Castlevania HD Music Pack 2 - Nov 10
Crackdown 2 Deluge Add-on - Nov 16
Mafia 2: Joes Adventure - Nov 23
Halo Reach Noble Map Pack - Nov 30

[quote name='mrosnwo']Some new content dates I saw:

Arcade:
Undergarden - Nov 10
Faery Arcade - Nov 10
Days of Thunder - Nov 17
Trouble Witches - Nov 17

DLC
Castlevania HD Music Pack 2 - Nov 10
Crackdown 2 Deluge Add-on - Nov 16
Mafia 2: Joes Adventure - Nov 23
Halo Reach Noble Map Pack - Nov 30[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but do you have a source?

any info on next weeks sale yet?

and damn i just realized, for the first time in almost a year, i have all the dlc i want for the games i own currently. over the last few months i got all the dlc for assassins creed 2, borderlands, gears 2, and mass effect 2. good going ms, getting me to actually buy addons.

now i'll probably buy some actual xbla games the rest of the holiday season if they go on sale, like costume quest and comic jumper.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Isn't the DA:O Ultimate edition DLC on disc? I swear I read somewhere that it was like the Fallout 3 and Oblivion GOTY edition second disks: pop it in ur xbox and rip the content. If so, can't you just rent it (or buy from gamestop and return it)? I have it on PC, but am thinking of doing this (as my PC has been having some issues recently) to play it on xbox instead.[/QUOTE]

I would like confirmation on this from someone who has already done it considering I have read the same thing before.

Picked up Snoopy. I'd had mixed feelings about the demo (found it hard to control), but as a long time Snoopy fan, it seemed remiss not to get it while it's cheap. Anyone have a review of RISK Factions or Blade Kitten? Both look potentially interesting, but I'm not certain. I probably won't have time to get around to playing the demos before the sale is over, though.

I'm almost tempted to pick up the DA:O DLC, but by the time I would get around to playing it (i.e., by the time I'm done with Fable III and Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, which both take priority), Dragon Age 2 will probably be out.

Also, I was pretty pissed off with the fact that once the game ended, I couldn't wander the world anymore except to play the DLC -- that just seemed like a really cheap tactic to me, tacked on just to sell DLC that could no longer be played in any sort of context (without playing a whole new game, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back