Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ChaoticClimax']

Never keep M$ points in your account and play 360 alone while drinking, you will make bad decisions.[/QUOTE]

No truer words have ever been typed. :applause:

Man, the XBLA deals have been freaking awesome this year. Another game I'm buying, glad I waited on Pilgrim. Probably has to do with the DVD/Blu coming out since they were having midnight screenings here in Austin also.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']
Never keep M$ points in your account and play 360 alone while drinking, you will make bad decisions.[/QUOTE]
Exactly! I came home tipsy on a thursday night and accidentally bought Mega Man 10.

... I have Scott Pilgrim on PSN, but I left that at home when I came to school, so I might be tempted to pick it up again.

I'm not a regular Gold subscriber, though. If I have a 1-month card (from when my 360 red-ringed a while back), and I use that, can I get in on these deals?

I know you can't do so with 48-hr codes, which is why I ask.

Picked up Scott Pilgrim. Was gonna buy it with my 800 rebate points when I got them, but I couldn't resist when it's 50% off.

I'll probably spend my rebate points on either the latest Borderlands DLC or on Rock Band tracks.

[quote name='Hao']... I have Scott Pilgrim on PSN, but I left that at home when I came to school, so I might be tempted to pick it up again.

I'm not a regular Gold subscriber, though. If I have a 1-month card (from when my 360 red-ringed a while back), and I use that, can I get in on these deals?

I know you can't do so with 48-hr codes, which is why I ask.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure you can (I'm keeping my card handy to do the same thing at some point). I advise you to do it on Sunday, though, so your month will cover five weeks of Deal of the Week instead of four, to maximize its potential usefulness. ;)

Show some love for Peggle people!

That game is devilishly addictive & it worth every penny. If u only have 400 points, pull the trigger on it.

[quote name='PenguinJim']I'm pretty sure you can (I'm keeping my card handy to do the same thing at some point). I advise you to do it on Sunday, though, so your month will cover five weeks of Deal of the Week instead of four, to maximize its potential usefulness. ;)[/QUOTE]

When do the DOTW sales get updated? That's a pretty good idea.

Wow!!! Sweet, Scott Pilgram!!! I almost bought this launch week to play with a friend, but luckily he had informed me co-op was only local, not XBL so I was holding out for this to be DotW. Not surprised it is on the same week DVD/BR is to be released. Thanks OP

[quote name='kataztrophik']When do the DOTW sales get updated? That's a pretty good idea.[/QUOTE]

mondays, so it wouldn't work. But occasionally they'll have sales pop-up mid-week. and last year I believe they did daily deals sometime in november or december, so it would be wise to wait until the weekend to redeem a one-month code. Personally I'd just get it out of the way now, since I've forgotten to buy games when waiting until the last minute.

[quote name='destro4eva']Show some love for Peggle people!

That game is devilishly addictive & it worth every penny. If u only have 400 points, pull the trigger on it.[/QUOTE]

Peggle is most definitely worth the full 800msp!!! 400 is a steal!!! I think less people jumping on this cause A) They already paid 800msp for it, B) picked it up on Pop Arcade 2 (like myself) or C) picked it up on Plants Vs Zombies Pop Arcade disc (which I also did!!!)

Not to those buying tho, I highly recommend the Peggle Nigths DLC to go with it!!!!

I picked up Peggle when it was last on sale. I know I'm in the minority here but I found it to be rather boring. There just isn't a whole lot of interaction between the game and the player. It felt like playing pinball w/o any flippers. Definitely give the demo a spin before committing to the full game.

[quote name='Hao']... I have Scott Pilgrim on PSN, but I left that at home when I came to school, so I might be tempted to pick it up again.

I know you can't do so with 48-hr codes, which is why I ask.[/QUOTE]

1 month cards grant full access to Gold memberships for 1 month :) (They actually sell those unlike the 48 hr promo codes)

[quote name='Thrinn']I picked up Peggle when it was last on sale. I know I'm in the minority here but I found it to be rather boring. There just isn't a whole lot of interaction between the game and the player. It felt like playing pinball w/o any flippers. Definitely give the demo a spin before committing to the full game.[/QUOTE]

I found it boring also, but my wife loved it. We have it on the computer though and not the xbox 360.

Definitely going to pick up Scott Pilgrim today though, I was tempted so many times to pay full price after we tried the trial during the release week but I told myself that it would go on sale eventually, and it finally did!

[quote name='azngtlman']I found it boring also, but my wife loved it. We have it on the computer though and not the xbox 360.[/QUOTE]I too found Peggle a bit too boring, and so decided not to bite on it.

It was funny, I hadn't checked CAG this morning and was just randomly browsing XBLA games when I came across Scott Pilgrim and thought it was a glitch that the game was half off, like the Fable 2 glitch. I immediately jumped on CAG thinking I'd post a deal, but now my thunder's all gone. :)

I'd bitch about paying full price for Scott Pilgrim a couple weeks ago, but the game's so fun I don't care. If you have any interest at all in Scott Pilgrim and/or beat-em-up's, get this. Now.

[quote name='BitLooter']I'd bitch about paying full price for Scott Pilgrim a couple weeks ago, but the game's so fun I don't care. If you have any interest at all in Scott Pilgrim and/or beat-em-up's, get this. Now.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was coming to say!

[quote name='Mahgin86']I'm not going to buy this game period, solely because of lack of online.

What if Castle Crashers had no online? -_-[/QUOTE]
It's a damn shame that gamers now think lack of online breaks a purchase (any game now has to have it to be even considered).

[quote name='kataztrophik']I thought the same thing at first, that this game was just a simple beat em up rehashed from the NES era. I kept playing though because my friends raved about the game, and it turns out...It was actually really good, once you start building up your character. I highly recommend this game, was my favorite downloadable game this year :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the opinions. I might re-read a review or two to check it out still, I enjoyed the movie and books a lot.

[quote name='nightmare452']Thanks for the opinions. I might re-read a review or two to check it out still, I enjoyed the movie and books a lot.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend it. One of the few games I felt compelled to get all the trophies for (I bought SP for PSN)

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']It's a damn shame that gamers now think lack of online breaks a purchase (any game now has to have it to be even considered).[/QUOTE]

except this game really screams online play

[quote name='Mahgin86']I'm not going to buy this game period, solely because of lack of online.

What if Castle Crashers had no online? -_-[/QUOTE]

Chances are if Scott Pilgrim had the same price point as Castle Crasher then the developers would have had a larger budget and more development time to implement online play. No online play is a bummer, but come on... the game is only $5. ;)

I thought SP was a lot better than Castle Crashers too.

Also, is Peggle worth getting if I've already got it in my iPhone? I assume it's the same game, but is it still worth it? For $5, I'm tempted...I love Peggle!

[quote name='mr_bungle']Also, is Peggle worth getting if I've already got it in my iPhone? I assume it's the same game, but is it still worth it? For $5, I'm tempted...I love Peggle![/QUOTE]

Does the iPhone version support online play? Maybe that's enough to justify buying the Xbox version.

[quote name='Thrinn']Does the iPhone version support online play? Maybe that's enough to justify buying the Xbox version.[/QUOTE]

It does not, far as I know. Doesn't have achievements or HD graphics either. They never even updated it for the Retina display :bomb:

Oh well...as someone on Facebook said once, 'you can never have too many versions of Peggle'

*purchases XBL version of Peggle*

[quote name='mr_bungle']Also, is Peggle worth getting if I've already got it in my iPhone? I assume it's the same game, but is it still worth it? For $5, I'm tempted...I love Peggle![/QUOTE]

I had it on the iPod before I bought it for the 360. I liked the game far more playing it comfortably on the couch on a big screen. Peggle on iPod works, but that doesn't mean it's the definitive version.

So glad I held out on getting SP last month. I feel like I'm starting to get a 6th "CAG Sense" for deals...

Creepy.

But between the 2400 point rebate offer thing, snoopy and risk last week, and SP this week, I may actually have to go out and buy some points for a change instead of just winning them from text messaging contest and getting them from Bing.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']So glad I held out on getting SP last month. I feel like I'm starting to get a 6th "CAG Sense" for deals...

Creepy.

But between the 2400 point rebate offer thing, snoopy and risk last week, and SP this week, I may actually have to go out and buy some points for a change instead of just winning them from text messaging contest and getting them from Bing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm holding out (or trying to) for a big xmas sale. SP is mine though. :D

Good deal on SP. I picked it up last month, but still good for you other guys. Would have liked it to have online multiplayer, but oh well.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Anyone know if Guwange is susposed to be any good? Looks interesting, saved 800 points just incase.[/QUOTE]

One of my fav top 5 shooters.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I was reading in a different forum that they're adding online drop-in/drop-out MP, this this true or is it a bunch of BS? (Scott Pilgrim)[/QUOTE]
They've only confirmed local drop in and drop out multiplayer to coincide with release of the blu ray this week. Still no plans for online so I'm gonna say BS.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']It's a damn shame that gamers now think lack of online breaks a purchase (any game now has to have it to be even considered).[/QUOTE]

They only do that when it's necessary and for this game, it really needs a co-op mode online.
Play on yourself and see what I mean.

You don't see a lot of player complaining how Mass Effect/Fallout/Oblivion series for lacking multiplayer features, do you?
This game is like Resident Evil 5 without the online capabilities. It's still fun with the single player experience, but clearly you can see and know that it would be extremely fun if it had a co-op online.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Anyone know if Guwange is susposed to be any good? Looks interesting, saved 800 points just incase.[/QUOTE]It's one of Cave's best. I've heard that Cave held a poll among fans which game they should port to XBLA, and the rest is history.

[quote name='Thrinn']It's one of Cave's best. I've heard that Cave held a poll among fans which game they should port to XBLA, and the rest is history.[/QUOTE]

Guess its gonna be a buy then. Looks like a pretty good week for Shmups though, that Mist game on PSN looks pretty epic too.

For anyone picking up Scott Pilgrim, it may feel a bit on the hard side for a while but just keep leveling up and buy some powerups (Bionic Arms) if you just can't take it. If you don't mind, save all your money to pay off Scott's late fees at the video store.

Easily worth the money and the DLC will add Knives as a playable character. If my rank on the 360 leaderboard is any indication of how much I love and play this game, You can tell I would have spent $20 on it.

Exact same game, but Peggle looks so nice on an hdtv. I have Peggle+Nights for 360, iPhone, pc, and ds, and the 360 version is my favorite. The only drawback of Peggle on the 360 is that you can't save replays (you can still watch an instant replay, but can't save it).

Scott Pilgrim is a great game. I just started playing it this weekend with my roommate on her PS3, and I just bought it for my 360 at this price. I'm an amateur achievement whore, after all, but this is a must have for any old school beat 'em up fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back