Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='radioactivez0r']So? It was on sale through today, so why would it matter? Apparently Microsoft switched it over using GMT time, because that makes tons of sense.

Team Meat's Twitter says if you call MS you can (hopefully) get 400 points refunded.[/QUOTE]

hopefully that works out for you guys. I was just wondering why wait until the last minute, especially when it would've been a better idea to buy it during the rebate offer period.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']So? It was on sale through today, so why would it matter? Apparently Microsoft switched it over using GMT time, because that makes tons of sense.

Team Meat's Twitter says if you call MS you can (hopefully) get 400 points refunded.[/QUOTE]

MS should've told Team Meat that it was GMT time, so they could've told us about it.

I'm not going through the hassle of calling MS hoping to get 400pts back. I'm just going to wait until a price drop, if it ever happens. Hopefully I still want it by then.

[quote name='gordojones88']Everybody who didn't buy Super Meat Boy for $10 during the sale period is stupid.[/QUOTE]

The sale should've still been available now. We still had time.

I bought 2 other games at full price during the promotion, I was waiting on SMB because I wasn't sure how I'd like it. Guess I better love it now, since I paid and MS support told me to piss off.

Sorry to see you guys missing out on the sale due to bad explanations. I guess I will add a note to the FAQ about buying digital content on sale and the risks of waiting "too long"

EDIT: Updated the FAQ. Take a look and let me know if I need to add more. I know I will add some notes about @XboxSupport and Billing.microsoft.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GUNNM']or doesnt want to waste 10$[/QUOTE]

"Waste" is a semi-strong word, but I agree that this game is worth 400 points, and not much more. It's about supply and demand, and who in the hell has the time to play an NES type platformer when there's so much more better out there (doesn't my backlog know it)?

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']"Waste" is a semi-strong word, but I agree that this game is worth 400 points, and not much more. It's about supply and demand, and who in the hell has the time to play an NES type platformer when there's so much more better out there (doesn't my backlog know it)?[/QUOTE]

I have as much time for SMB as I do PVZ, dig dug, or ms. pac-man. :lol:

[quote name='GUNNM']or doesnt want to waste 10$[/QUOTE]There are so many things wrong with this post: punctuation, symbol placement, taste. jk. :)

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']"Waste" is a semi-strong word, but I agree that this game is worth 400 points, and not much more. It's about supply and demand, and who in the hell has the time to play an NES type platformer when there's so much more better out there (doesn't my backlog know it)?[/QUOTE]

I have Dead Rising 2 and Black Ops to play through but SMB still get's most of my time.

I thought similar but after buying it, it's what I play most. I have Reach, Mass Effect 2 still to beat, RDR and countless other XBLA and regular games. Yet anytime I fire up my box to play for a bit I can't resist starting up SMB.

Was browsing the Hydro Thunder Hurricane DLC yesterday and just noticed the Tempest pack. Didn't even know new content was available. Snagged it for 400pts and have been playing it all day. Can't believe more people aren't playing this game.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']so whats the verdict should i pick up Shank? Or wait for steam sale?[/QUOTE]

You can get a range of opinions on Shank, all valid, but I'd pass at 800pts. I picked this up with my PSN gameshare and while I liked the animation and style of the game, I hated the sloppy mashbutton control (dodging feels really counterintuitive with the controls). At 400pts, I'd bite.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Super Meat Boy is coming up as 1200 on the website, and errors out when I try to buy it for 800 on XBLA (supposedly this means the price has changed)...sale was supposed to be good until/through tomorrow. I hope someone just flipped a switch early and it can be corrected. Gonna ask MS anyway.[/QUOTE]
Call 800-4-MY-XBOX, and explain that it's still Sunday, Nov. 21st where you live. The outsourced front-line support can escalate to 2nd-tier (which are MS-support folks, not outsourced), and the MS folks can make the adjustment, but you'll need to do this TODAY.

[quote name='norkusa']Was browsing the Hydro Thunder Hurricane DLC yesterday and just noticed the Tempest pack. Didn't even know new content was available. Snagged it for 400pts and have been playing it all day. Can't believe more people aren't playing this game.[/QUOTE]

Price tag is too steep on Hydro Thunder Hurricane for me. I do plan on getting it if/when it is on sale.

Will be passing on Shank I think. Tried the demo and liked it initially but got the sense that the entertainment value was probably short lived. It'll be an instant buy for me if it ever drops to 400 and I finish playing a couple of my other side-scrolling brawlers.

[quote name='reddjoey']Sorry to see you guys missing out on the sale due to bad explanations. I guess I will add a note to the FAQ about buying digital content on sale and the risks of waiting "too long"

EDIT: Updated the FAQ. Take a look and let me know if I need to add more. I know I will add some notes about @XboxSupport and Billing.microsoft.com[/QUOTE]

Wait, quick question. I may be confused by this wording...Super MEat Boy DOES qualify for the spend 2400 points get 800 points back in October right? It seems like people are saying it is not now and thats why we haven't received out 800 points back...any truth to this?

Super meat Boy definently qualified for towards the 2400 points spend. I Spent exactly 2400 points and meat boy was 800 of them. I did recieve my 800 points in my account

[quote name='pneon99']Super meat Boy definently qualified for towards the 2400 points spend. I Spent exactly 2400 points and meat boy was 800 of them. I did recieve my 800 points in my account[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Wait, quick question. I may be confused by this wording...Super MEat Boy DOES qualify for the spend 2400 points get 800 points back in October right? It seems like people are saying it is not now and thats why we haven't received out 800 points back...any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

I meant that Super Meat Boy's sale was pulled a bit early. (Earlier than we have been accustomed, at least) As far as the 2400/800, we aren't outside the window MS gave for people getting the refund.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Wait, quick question. I may be confused by this wording...Super MEat Boy DOES qualify for the spend 2400 points get 800 points back in October right? It seems like people are saying it is not now and thats why we haven't received out 800 points back...any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

I bought Costume Quest and Limbo in October and haven't received the points either so it has nothing to do with SMB. I think that a few people got lucky and received them early. Everyone else should get them next week.

[quote name='reddjoey']I meant that Super Meat Boy's sale was pulled a bit early. (Earlier than we have been accustomed, at least) As far as the 2400/800, we aren't outside the window MS gave for people getting the refund.[/QUOTE]

Ah gotcha, thank you for the clarification as well as the other CAGs. Much appreciated. I thought I was going to miss out at first. (I want my 800 points!) Thanks again!

Shank is still showing up at 800 pts. From the Hasbro games, only Scrabble, Sorry! and Sorry! Sliders are showing up at 400 pts. It looks like MS is back to "pulling the switch" later in the morning.

I am having some troubles getting online today. As far as the games not being on sale, it's a holiday week so I would expect problems. I will adjust the OP this evening, that will give MS some time and I will adjust accordingly

That points offer from October was a month long offer. The rebates always say something like "four to six weeks". Some of the people who got their rebates might have already waited that long, whereas someone like me, who finished qualifying for that order on the last day, has only waited 3 weeks.

I want to get Pac Man now, but fear that they will have some kind of XXXX points XXX back by the end of this week for BF.

I still haven't receive my 800 points back from the last promotion though (Super Meat Boy, Undead Nightmare, Braid).

Just read the following at http://www.dailygame.net/news/archives/009646.php.

...tune in on Friday, Nov. 26 for even more special one-day savings! See below for just a sample of games and movies that will be on sale.

Xbox 360 Games

• "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" (Rockstar Games) - 400 Microsoft Points
  • "Halo: Combat Evolved" (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points
Xbox LIVE Arcade
  • "Trials HD" (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points
  • "'Splosion Man" (Microsoft Game Studios) - 160 Microsoft Points
  • "Monkey Island: Special Edition" (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points
  • "Madden NFL Arcade" (Electronic Arts) - 400 Microsoft Points
  • "Portal: Still Alive" (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points
Zune Movies
  • "Clash of the Titans" - 720 Microsoft Points
  • "Sex and the City 2" - 720 Microsoft Points
  • "Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge of Kitty Galore" - 720 Microsoft Points
  • "300" - 380 Microsoft Points

Damn, I already own most of those XBLA games.

For $5 each, I'll nab Portal, San Andreas and Halo for sure though.

But I gotta agree, enough with the rehashed sales over and over again.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. ;) Thought it might be of interest to anyone who, for some weird reason, may not have some of those XBLA games yet.

I am considering Halo for 400MSP, though...

both Halo AND san andreas are very tempting at $5. for anyone who for some reason never got to play san andreas it is pretty gangsta. i have recently converted from a backlogger with CAG addiction to just buying games i know ill get to in the next year. its hard.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I have Orange Box but am so tempted to get Portal for xbla just for the ease of playing it whenever and for the extra levels. Are they worth the $5?[/QUOTE]

When it was on sale a few months ago for $10,
I popped in Orange Box to play through Portal on my own account this time.
I didn't know there were Advanced versions of most of the levels.
The Advanced levels were by far the most fun I had with the game.
I've been waiting for Portal to go back on sale so I can play it anytime I want,
and I believe the XBLA Still Alive version has more Advanced levels than the disc.
$5 for a $15 game is worth it.

[quote name='gordojones88']When it was on sale a few months ago for $10,
I popped in Orange Box to play through Portal on my own account this time.
I didn't know there were Advanced versions of most of the levels.
The Advanced levels were by far the most fun I had with the game.
I've been waiting for Portal to go back on sale so I can play it anytime I want,
and I believe the XBLA Still Alive version has more Advanced levels than the disc.
$5 for a $15 game is worth it.[/QUOTE]

much thanks for your input. I forgot it is a $15 dollar game on xbla normally. I'll be getting it for sure.

Pardon my ignorance, but this will be my first XBLA Turkey Day/Black Friday Sale. Are these deals open to everyone, or just to Gold Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back