Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely hated the Splosion Man demo last year.
The way he goes around arbitrarily killing scientists that are just doing their job is in poor taste.
He even giggles and tee-hee-hees as they are torn into chunks of lunch meat.
What if you happen to be a scientist. Not cool man.
But at $2 for what other people said is a great platformer, I am forced to buy it.
I will play it and beat it, but I will spare as many innocent scientists as possible.

[quote name='gordojones88']I absolutely hated the Splosion Man demo last year.
The way he goes around arbitrarily killing scientists that are just doing their job is in poor taste.
But at $2 for what other people said is a great platformer, I am forced to buy it.
I will play it and beat it, but I will spare as many innocent scientists as possible.[/QUOTE]

Innocent scientists? They turned a normal guy into a ball of fire. He's the victim here! Not to mention all the killer robots and death traps they gleefully created. Those scientists are asking for it. Besides, it's worth $2 just for the Donut Song :)

All of these games will be half off sometime during the sale if not posted already
Mega Man 10 400 points
Monkey Island 2 SE is 400 points
Magic the Gathering 400 points
Voodoo dice 400 points
zombie apocalypse 400 points
Serious Sam HD 600 points

Puzzle quest 2 will be 33% off at 800 points

Super STREET FIGHTER IV
Chun li outfit 160 points
Dudley outfit 160 points

Gear of war 3 COG armor 160 points

Modern Warfare 2 gas masks 120 points

Trials HD big pack DLC 240 points

Looks like the sale is open to all XBL members. Also, they took down the promotion page that was supposed to list the sales. I updated with the two games mentioned above.

EDIT: I am seeing a ton of other stuff being listed as on sale. Monkey Island 2, Both Serious Sams, MM10, Voodoo Dice, Alan Wake DLC, Trials DLC, a couple Rock Band tracks, some avatar gear, etc

As soon as I get a good list together I will update the OP. Hopefully MS will post the list on xbox.com and save me some time

[quote name='shaneatlh']All of these games will be half off sometime during the sale if not posted already
Mega Man 10 400 points
Monkey Island 2 SE is 400 points
Magic the Gathering 400 points
Voodoo dice 400 points
zombie apocalypse 400 points
Serious Sam HD 600 points

Puzzle quest 2 will be 33% off at 800 points
[/QUOTE]

Source?

Also, yes, Secret of Monkey Island 2 SE is 400 points today too.

[quote name='rockinroller91']Portal is the deal for today[/QUOTE]

Got it! Thanks for the heads up. I beat Portal and most of the challenge levels on Orange Box, but for 5 bucks, I'll gladly play through it again...DLC levels plus more achievements!

Geez, good thing I stocked up on points this week. I thought 8000 would last me a while, but if all those items listed by reddjoey end up happening I might need to pick up some more!

Here is what I have seen listed:

Rock Band: Lady Gaga Pack 01 - 280 Microsoft Points

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0428-0000-4000-8000-000045410829

Rock Band: Nirvana Pack 01 - 640 Microsoft Points

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0CCF013D-0000-4000-8000-000045410829

Rock Band: Nirvana Pack 02 - 240 Microsoft Points

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...000000-0000-400c-80cf-039845410829?cid=search

Not 100% verified. Net is slowing down, I might have to leave my moms place and head the "office" so I can get this up

Picked up Portal even though I have the Orange Box. I tend to stick to XBLA games when I have a short amount of time to play and it's nice to get the extra maps.

Thanks for all you do, reddjoey!!

[quote name='TurboPascal']Joystiq is reporting that the games under the tease section of page 1 are a go[/QUOTE]
'Splosion Man is still showing up as 800.

Edit: Or did you just mean "they're a go" as in, "they will indeed be happening sometime this week?"

[quote name='gordojones88']I absolutely hated the Splosion Man demo last year.
I will play it and beat it, but I will spare as many innocent scientists as possible.[/QUOTE]

I also hated Splosion Man. Probably one of the worst games I've ever played. I've never been a fan of trial-and-error jumping puzzles, especially timed, trial-and-error jumping puzzles, with a camera that forces you to guess what to do in a fraction of a second. I got stuck and gave up eventually. I followed the YouTube guide on what to do, but he wont jump high enough for me, and I have no idea why. The game is just shit, IMO.

I don't see a page for either games on sale (black friday or gold member week). I do see some of the games mentioned being on sale through.

[quote name='reddjoey']Here is what I have seen listed:

Rock Band: Lady Gaga Pack 01 - 280 Microsoft Points

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0428-0000-4000-8000-000045410829

Rock Band: Nirvana Pack 01 - 640 Microsoft Points

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0CCF013D-0000-4000-8000-000045410829

Rock Band: Nirvana Pack 02 - 240 Microsoft Points

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...000000-0000-400c-80cf-039845410829?cid=search

Not 100% verified. Net is slowing down, I might have to leave my moms place and head the "office" so I can get this up[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Grabbed Nirvana Pack 2.

Sorta want to get Megaman 10, but I wished Megaman 9 was on sale as well.

By the way, has the Puzzle Quest DLC ever been put on sale? Don't really want to pay 700 points for it.

For European countries (maybe US also ?)
Game Add-ons:
- Splinter Cell Conviction Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 points
- Rock Band 3 Lady Gaga - 280 points
- Rock Band 3 Nirvana pack 1 - 640 points
- Rock Band 3 Nirvana pack 2 - 240 points
- Alan Wake The Signal - 320 points
- Trials HD The Big Pack - 240 points

Arcade:

- The Secret Of Monkey Island SE - 400 points
- Monkey Island 2 - 400 points
- Puzzle Quest 2 - 800 points
- Serious Sam HD - 600 points
- Zombie Apocalypse - 400 points
- Portal - 400 points
- Voodoo Dice - 400 points
- Mega Man 10 - 400 points
- Magic: The Gathering - 400 points
- Madden NFL Arcade - 400 points

- Monkey Island: Cotton Swab - 80 points
- Fantasy Pets: Red Dragon - 120 points
- Lara Croft: Xolotl Mask - 80 points
- Modern Warfare 2: Gas Mask - 120 points
- Gears Of War 3: COG Armor - 160 points
- Street Fighter IV: Dudley, Chun Li outfits - 160 points
- Diesel: Matic 883, Viker 8A7 jeans - 80 points
- Quicksilver: Fuze Flannel, Enough Said shirts - 80 points
-

[quote name='Stephan123']For European countries (maybe US also ?)
...[/QUOTE]
Yup, from what I've read it applies to at least the US, Canada, and UK. Here's another copy of the list (maybe that's where you found it?):
http://www.trueachievements.com/n2321/xbl-black-friday-deals-23rd-november-2010.htm

Well crap, I'll be spending a bit more than I anticipated this week. Definitely getting Deniable Ops, Lost and Damned, and 'Splosion Man (assuming that deal comes to fruition).

[quote name='drawingboard']Sweet, I picked up the Splinter Cell DLC while its this cheap. I still haven't even started the regular game though. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Great game, loved it :D

Wooohooo! I was really hoping they'd put up Monkey Island 2. It's been on my trade list forever, but at 400 points I'll just buy it. It was hard to justify a full price purchase when I have the game for PC and have played it a dozen times over the last 15 years. But I'm always looking for an excuse to play the Monkey Island games again and points for doing it is a bonus.

[quote name='drawingboard']Sweet, I picked up the Splinter Cell DLC while its this cheap. I still haven't even started the regular game though. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

nice glad I waited :D

Ok CAGs, I got all the items up, but not linked yet. I am working on it. It looks like all these items are likely all week and then Friday is a separate 1-Day only sale.

While I'm not all for Zune Marketplace. I recommend owning RockNRolla and 300 in HD for $4.50 (The dash says they are 380pts, but at checkout they are 360). GoodFellas and Unforgiven are also good films, but I don't think they will look any better than a DVD you could find for the same price.

The Zune deals are weird. If you want HD you can rent it. but you can buy it in SD for slightly more (and a weird MS point value). As I later post, this is one of the reasons I didn't want to go to deep with Zune sales. I stand by my film recommendations, but in SD, you can probably find a DVD cheaper.

**Edit consisted of the strikethroughs (and some minor editing) and adding the last paragraph

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']So these are the deals for the week, plus some additional stuff on Friday?[/QUOTE]

That's what it is shaping up to look like. Originally the promo read to seem like daily sales, now it looks like a big sale, with a super sale on Friday

I've never played any of the Halo games. Is "Halo: Combat Evolved" something I should pick up on sale for 400 on BF, or should I look for a disc copy? Is the download version any better (like any backward compatibility bugs fixed if there are any?)

Now I just need MS to give me my 800 points from spending 2400! Almost picked up the Splinter Cell DLC as well during that promotion. Glad I waited.

[quote name='reddjoey']Ok CAGs, I got all the items up, but not linked yet. I am working on it. It looks like all these items are likely all week and then Friday is a separate 1-Day only sale.

While I'm not all for Zune Marketplace. I recommend owning RockNRolla and 300 in HD for $4.50 (The dash says they are 380pts, but at checkout they are 360). GoodFellas and Unforgiven are good films, but I don't think they will look any better than a DVD you could find for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Good advice on 300. That movie's such good eye candy of the cinematography kind. Never saw RockNRolla but it looks good. Gerard Butler fan much?

[quote name='reddjoey']Ok CAGs, I got all the items up, but not linked yet. I am working on it. It looks like all these items are likely all week and then Friday is a separate 1-Day only sale.

While I'm not all for Zune Marketplace. I recommend owning RockNRolla and 300 in HD for $4.50 (The dash says they are 380pts, but at checkout they are 360). GoodFellas and Unforgiven are good films, but I don't think they will look any better than a DVD you could find for the same price.[/QUOTE]

if you try to purchase it in HD it switches it to a rental for 360 MSP i think, doesnt look like you can even buy it in HD

I noticed Gerard Butler was in a good number of the films. I didn't recommend P.S. I Love You (although it's a good "chick-flick"). Perhaps pick that up as a just in case. LOL

As far as RockNRolla, it's a British crime-flick. Guy Richie wrote/directed it. So if you liked Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch check it out.

EDIT:

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']if you try to purchase it in HD it switches it to a rental for 360 MSP i think, doesnt look like you can even buy it in HD[/QUOTE]

If they are only rentals, then it's not worth it. Hit up Red Box or Netflix for less. Thanks for noticing that

EDIT 2:

It looks like you can purchase the SD for 380pts, but only rent the HD for 360. These Zune deals are weird. One of the reason I only listed them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rirse']Sorta want to get Megaman 10, but I wished Megaman 9 was on sale as well.

By the way, has the Puzzle Quest DLC ever been put on sale? Don't really want to pay 700 points for it.[/QUOTE]

no, its one of those things that probably never will too. just speculation...
mega man 10 has been on sale before, i dont know why they wouldnt do 9 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back