Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can tell the voting is done. The voting was going on in the marketplace, you download gamerpictures to choose your favorite. It wasn't handled very well as it was hard to find on the marketplace, but I like what I saw from the winner and can't wait to try it out for free.

I hope we get both for free; that would be awesome (and I like the look of Avatar Crash Course a bit better).

[quote name='GunstarRed']Sunset Riders for GAME ROOM, so no online play. Too bad none of the Game Room games have online play since there are so many titles that scream for it.[/QUOTE]

WHAT. fucking buying this ASAP; can you get almost all the achievements for Game Room with only one arcade game? That's likely the only one I'd ever buy, and I doubt they'd release a standalone version when it's already a part of their game room, though I wish they would; 4 player Sunset Riders on XBL would be orgasmic, and 100000000x better than X-Men.

I hope both of the Dorito games are available to us as well (and both free would be great). The avatar one looks like a lot of fun, too. They both look fun.

Might want to take a second and read this

Kotaku

In late December, Microsoft will start selling the first of a trio of Xbox Live Arcade downloadable games themed as Games for the Holidays. This is like the Summer of Arcade, which they've done in recent Augusts as well as this fall's Games Feast. The difference is that people who buy all three games this time — world-building World of Keflings, side-scroller Raskulls and puzzle game ilomilo — get special overlapping features that connect the games.

Here's how the World of Keflings developers described the cross-over:

"If you buy Raskulls or ilomilo you can build homes for characters from those games in A World of Keflings. Then those characters live in your game world and you can kick them around with the rest of your Keflings. At the same time, if you own A World of Keflings you can choose to have a Kefling as your playable character in Raskulls or dress up ilo and milo in swanky Kefling costumes."

OK, and here's how the Raskulls people put it:

"If you purchase all three GFTH titles, extra characters will unlock within the games. For example, you can unlock ilo and Doug as playable characters in Raskulls, and also unlock Raskulls characters within ilomilo and World of Keflings by purchasing the full range of games."

No word yet on what the ilomilo people's take on this will be.

Here's the other odd thing: The games have release dates that aren't true. Keflings is supposedly downloadable first on December 22, with Raskulls following on the 29th. But ilomilo and Raskulls will both be purchasable from within Keflings on the 22nd.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ciffy']Haven't I read somewhere that the 6 player X-Men arcade game is coming out in the next week or two? Does anyone know what the price point is going to be on that?[/QUOTE]

achievements have leaked, the suspected releas e date is on the 12/15

Why couldn't Microsoft just repeat the October rebate promo here in December? Now we're limited to a select list of XBLA games (albeit, a good list) plus we can't get DLC. And of course, we're only getting half the points back that we did in the October promo.

[quote name='rapsodist']Why couldn't Microsoft just repeat the October rebate promo here in December? Now we're limited to a select list of XBLA games (albeit, a good list) plus we can't get DLC. And of course, we're only getting half the points back that we did in the October promo.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that last point is the deal-breaker for me. Spend the same number of points as we did for the October deal, and get only half as many back? Pass.

Now, if we get other, stackable discounts, then that will be another story.

[quote name='lolwut?']can you get almost all the achievements for Game Room with only one arcade game? [/QUOTE]

No, you need at least 26 games to get 1000/1000, and getting only one game will get you a maximum of roughly 300 points.

So is Sunset Riders a definite? Thinking about finally buying some stuff through Game Room--Twinbee, Off the Wall, and SR. Do Game Room games ever go on sale or price drop?

[quote name='bsmiff']So is Sunset Riders a definite? Thinking about finally buying some stuff through Game Room--Twinbee, Off the Wall, and SR. Do Game Room games ever go on sale or price drop?[/QUOTE]

it is for sure going to happen

but as of this morning it was not out. damn i DL all of the packs, those games are such shit. i was like 7 to 11 years old when they were out, i cant imagine buying any of them theyve aged terribly. EXCEPT SUNSET RIDERS! this one screams for a full xbla release i wonder why they went this route.

-yay austin

Agreed, was kinda hoping for a standalone release, but thats waaaay better than nothing. (Maybe theres hope for Simpsons Arcade?)

Also, im a Game Room noob (Havent played it since the day it came out), whats the maximum amount of players than can play a game? And if one person buys the full game, can thier friends play it free?

The Casual Week deals are somewhat tempting, as I do enjoy puzzle games that I can just pick-up-and-play with ease.

Any word on a potential December sale that was similar to last year's 12 days (or however many it was)?

[quote name='bajingo']it is for sure going to happen

but as of this morning it was not out. damn i DL all of the packs, those games are such shit. i was like 7 to 11 years old when they were out, i cant imagine buying any of them theyve aged terribly. EXCEPT SUNSET RIDERS! this one screams for a full xbla release i wonder why they went this route.

-yay austin[/QUOTE]

I was just playing Twinbee and noticed Sunset Riders gameplay footage playing in one of those little TVs in my arcade lobby, between arcade rooms or whatever. It still isn't showing up in the store but I'll be glad when it does.

I'm happy Game Room's releasing games I'm actually willing to drop 240 MSP on.

[quote name='bsmiff']So is Sunset Riders a definite? Thinking about finally buying some stuff through Game Room--Twinbee, Off the Wall, and SR. Do Game Room games ever go on sale or price drop?[/QUOTE]

I bought a Game Room game (Jackal) during the October promotion as part of my 2400 spent and still got my points back. Does that count as a deal? lol

[quote name='yamayama']I bought a Game Room game (Jackal) during the October promotion as part of my 2400 spent and still got my points back. Does that count as a deal? lol[/QUOTE]

Aw what the fuck!? I was gonna take part in that deal buying some of those but I was told they didn't count :bomb:

Man, so many repeats in the next few weeks.

Polar Panic is quite fun--- I bought that last year when it came out a played it quite a bit.

Only other new one on discounts game-wise is Tetris Splash, guess I'll finally get that.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']From what I can tell the voting is done. The voting was going on in the marketplace, you download gamerpictures to choose your favorite. It wasn't handled very well as it was hard to find on the marketplace, but I like what I saw from the winner and can't wait to try it out for free.[/QUOTE]

I think that was voting from 10 down to 3 cause you can watch the webisode right now where they pick the final 2 out of 3 on the spotlight channel.

here is what I found on the Unlock Xbox website:

We started with thousands of game idea submissions. Narrowed it down to 8, and now 2 remain. But before we let you pick the winner, check out some webisodes and take a look back at how it all went down. Then come back Dec. 9th, to download a game and cast your vote.

So there should be 2 free games on the 9th... I think... :lol:

[quote name='eugaet']I'll be honest...both Bejeweled and Zuma are tempting. They're almost the only reason I have a Facebook account anymore.[/QUOTE]

Play the Zuma demo first. I LOVED Zuma on PC and played the crap out of that game but the controls on the 360 leave quite a bit to be desired. Just my $0.02.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Play the Zuma demo first. I LOVED Zuma on PC and played the crap out of that game but the controls on the 360 leave quite a bit to be desired. Just my $0.02.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Zuma on 360 is fun, but too hard. It needs more checkpoints at the very least.

I may get Zuma. I tried the demo of it this evening and found it harder to control than I would have expected, though. I remember enjoying Luxor on the DS and playing it easily. Zuma on 360 is fun, but I'm concerned about increased difficulty in later levels with those controls.

[quote name='utopianmachine'] Zuma on 360 is fun, but I'm concerned about increased difficulty in later levels with those controls.[/QUOTE]

This. I remember just how hard the last set of levels were and the feeling of accomplishment after finishing them. I can just imagine the 360 controls frustrating me to the point of ruining my fond memories of the game.

[quote name='thegame85']i want piggsys perfect 10 to go on sale![/QUOTE]

I was thinking that today as well. Soon as I saw the game shipped from Amazon I locked in the $25 trade in price (what I paid for it, in credit no less), and have found that I love the game and would totally play the DLC if cheaper before I send it back on Monday. (And the price has dropped to $18 already for the TIV. :cry: )

This $5 back deal sounds good but since all of the games (I'm interested in buying) are $15 when they should be $10 in the first place I think I'll have to pass. I'd be down for Castlevania, Costume Quest, Monday Night Combat, and even Limbo if the price to begin with is right. Idk why people love Limbo so much. Played the demo and was bored to tears. Obviously I'm missing something so when it goes on sale sometime I'll probably snag it then.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This $5 back deal sounds good but since all of the games (I'm interested in buying) are $15 when they should be $10 in the first place I think I'll have to pass. I'd be down for Castlevania, Costume Quest, Monday Night Combat, and even Limbo if the price to begin with is right. Idk why people love Limbo so much. Played the demo and was bored to tears. Obviously I'm missing something so when it goes on sale sometime I'll probably snag it then.[/QUOTE]

It's one of the few games that a demo won't do it justice enough.

Just wanted to confirm I got my 800 points back from MS after I spent 2400 points back in October for the deal they had going on. It took awhile but the program does work. :applause:

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Play the Zuma demo first. I LOVED Zuma on PC and played the crap out of that game but the controls on the 360 leave quite a bit to be desired. Just my $0.02.[/QUOTE]

This ^^^ :bouncy:

I bought Zuma on the 360 when it first came out and it's easy at first but as the game gets tougher, the controls actually make the game more difficult than it should be. Skip Zuma on the 360 and get the PC version instead.

[quote name='Rodster']Just wanted to confirm I got my 800 points back from MS after I spent 2400 points back in October for the deal they had going on. It took awhile but the program does work. :applause:[/QUOTE]

When did you get your points? I did the same thing and still haven't received my 800 points yet.

[quote name='Pck21']When did you get your points? I did the same thing and still haven't received my 800 points yet.[/QUOTE]

I noticed mine in my account the day after Thanksgiving so I'd hope they would get around to everybody by now.

For those asking about the Xmas Sale:

MajorNelson mentioned on Show #379 that there will be anther hoilday blowout sale. He said it will be a deal a day from 12/21 or 12/22 (he wasn't sure) and will last till 1/1/2011. They said it will be as big as the Black Friday sale.

I will add some info to the OP

[quote name='reddjoey']For those asking about the Xmas Sale:

MajorNelson mentioned on Show #379 that there will be anther hoilday blowout sale. He said it will be a deal a day from 12/21 or 12/22 (he wasn't sure) and will last till 1/1/2011. They said it will be as big as the Black Friday sale.

I will add some info to the OP[/QUOTE]
Thanks alot :D

Finally a week without spending on DotW. I may get Tetris Splash or Zuma next week, but should prob just save for the holiday sale. Here's hoping something good comes out of it!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']How is NHL Arcade?[/QUOTE]

I played a bit of it this morning. The online was dead, but it was 9am. I played one game and got 3 achievements. I would have gotten 4 if I hadn't lost in the last few minutes. It's very much an arcade game. Pick-up, play, rinse, repeat. I liked it because it's simplistic hockey, and you can get in and get out. As a hockey novice, it didn't feel like the AI was cheap or "too good". The demo was an accurate portrayal of the product and for $2.50, I recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back