Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture showing this weeks deals shows mark down for assault hero's. I am wondering if i lost my mind or what. I was excited then nothing... I wish they proof check these things before they do the errors they do often...

[quote name='probin74243']I tried ilomilo tonight and loved it! So did my 4 year old, which is a bonus. I have no problem paying $10 for such quality. Apparently, it can be played on WM7 too cause I saw it in a video for WM7 (along with Rocket Riot, sweet!). I might have to check out WM7 phones after all.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat, 4 year old twin girls. They love ilomilo. I let them play coop and it is a blast to watch. I have made it to the 2nd chapter and it gets tough, so I know they will need some assistance moving on, but right now they can finish the level working together. Easy $10 purchase for me.

Damn, the only ones on that list I don't already own and would consider are the Deathspanks, Hydrophobia and Comic Jumper. And I'm just not sure that any of them are worth 1000 points to me (post-rebate). Plus I got Deathspank on PSN's sale for half off.

[quote name='reddjoey']Bomberman Live: Battlefest out 12/8/2010[/QUOTE]

Yay!!! I have been waiting for this for a while, I have played the crap out of Bomberman and this is one of the VERY few purchases I will get day one. :D

I'm tempted to get in on the promo as there's a few games on there that I want (I'm looking at you DeathSpanks), but something tells me they'll become DoTW as soon as the promo ends.

So are we basically being told that none of the games on that list will be on sale this month? Because I was sort of thinking that a Limbo deal seemed likely... Guess we'll have to see, and the 400 point thing is good times in any case.

[quote name='DarkZion']I'm tempted to get in on the promo as there's a few games on there that I want (I'm looking at you DeathSpanks), but something tells me they'll become DoTW as soon as the promo ends.[/QUOTE]
Haha, I just saw my quote in your sig, thanks man. :applause:

[quote name='mokmoof']So are we basically being told that none of the games on that list will be on sale this month? Because I was sort of thinking that a Limbo deal seemed likely... Guess we'll have to see, and the 400 point thing is good times in any case.[/QUOTE]

I'm still holding out for a Limbo/Lara Croft/Costume Quest type sale at the end of the year. I've waited too long for only $2.50 off.

[quote name='mokmoof']So are we basically being told that none of the games on that list will be on sale this month? Because I was sort of thinking that a Limbo deal seemed likely... Guess we'll have to see, and the 400 point thing is good times in any case.[/QUOTE]

hopefully not. they have in the past had 'points back' promotions, with a deal of the week game falling into that promotion, and CAG chaos ensuing from people not knowing if it will count or not. i just want limbo...

-mkmoof for the longest time i thought your avatar was a dude pulling the skin off his face with his fists. now that i see he is not doing this, i wish he was...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmmm, I could get Costume Quest and Deathspank TOV...but 2400pts to get 400 back..ugh.[/QUOTE]

dont do it, i really think costume quest will be on sale eventually (it might be NEXT october though). it was good but not great. if you like cutsey shit that helps, but the combat is paper thin. if i could go back i wouldve not purchased, but waited for a sale.

The irritation about the new promotion, besides that they've given out more points for the same amount of purchase in the past, is that they're a bit loose on the timeframe to get the rebates back.

I still haven't received my 800 points back from the October purchases, and they're now saying 6-8 weeks for those points to be deposited.

I'd almost bet at least one of these goes on sale at some point during the month. I've had it happen to me at least once where I bought items to add up to a rebate promotion, and then either later after the promotion, or even during the promotion, one of the things I already bought went on sale. It's almost like the best way to predict which of the games will end up being on sale, is to buy one...and it will end up being one of those, heh.

[quote name='shrike4242']
I still haven't received my 800 points back from the October purchases, and they're now saying 6-8 weeks for those points to be deposited.[/QUOTE]
Maybe they just don't like Mods:cold:

Well of course Trials HD is one the list 5 days AFTER it was on sale. I'm assuming from the list my hopes for Lara Croft on sale sometime this month are dashed.

[quote name='Cheapskate']I'd almost bet at least one of these goes on sale at some point during the month. I've had it happen to me at least once where I bought items to add up to a rebate promotion, and then either later after the promotion, or even during the promotion, one of the things I already bought went on sale. It's almost like the best way to predict which of the games will end up being on sale, is to buy one...and it will end up being one of those, heh.[/QUOTE]
haha, well put. Guess I'll wait it out at the moment, since this would be a much better deal if it stacked with a straight-up discount or two.

I'm still holding out for Limbo on DotW, or holiday deal. I can;t keep throwing money at xbox live, I've got a lot to save up for next year, especially since they just announced a new Assassins Creed. So many new and used games to buy in 2011!

[quote name='Obiwan456']I'm still holding out for Limbo on DotW, or holiday deal. I can;t keep throwing money at xbox live, I've got a lot to save up for next year, especially since they just announced a new Assassins Creed. So many new and used games to buy in 2011![/QUOTE]

Agreed, plus the deal isn't even a very good one. Most DoTW are 400 MS points off a single title and it's only a matter of time before each of those titles is on sale if this past year has been any indication.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Promotions/DecemberArcadeRebate/Home

Qualifying Games:

• Comic Jumper
  • Super Meat Boy
  • LIMBO
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Castlevania Harmony of Despair
  • Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • Monday Night Combat
  • Blacklight: Tango Down
  • Toy Soldiers
  • Trials HD
  • Shadow Complex
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2
  • Battlefield 1943
  • Deathspank
  • Deathspank 2
  • Sonic 4
  • Costume Quest
Looks like you have to get a free gamerpic to register.

[quote name='lolwut?']Anyone heard anything about the Scott Pilgrim DLC?[/QUOTE]

Only thing I've heard is that Ubisoft ignores any threads asking about it, and won't tell people what the hold up is. Very bizarre.

in for Costume Quest. still haven't decided on whether to get Hydro Tropic Thunder or Comic Jumper. Any suggestions? Tried both demos and both are okay. CJ just seems to offer more as far as gamerpics, premium theme, 2 bonus levels for splosion man (which I never play though) but htt has online multiplayer and I play on xbl alot.

[quote name='NoDAK']

Here you go, had it typed it up for another forum:

Purchase two qualifying XBOX Live titles between December 1, 2010 12:01 AM EST and December 20, 2010 11:59 PM EST, and receive 400 Microsoft Points - as a BONUS!

Battlefield 1943
Blacklight: Tango Down
Castlevania: HoD
Comic Jumper
Costume Quest
Deathspank
Deathspank: ToV
Hydro Thunder
Hydrophobia
Lara Croft: GoL
Limbo
Marvel vs. Capcom
Monday Night Combat
Plants vs. Zombies
Trials HD
Toy Soldiers
Shadow Complex
Super Meat Boy[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :applause:

[quote name='Diebythesword']At least Twinbee is in the Game Room today[/QUOTE]

+1 --- Can't believe they added TwinBee! That and Jackal are the only two Game Room games I've purchased in a while. I thought Sunset Riders was out this week too, but didn't see it in the update.

[quote name='GunstarRed']+1 --- Can't believe they added TwinBee! That and Jackal are the only two Game Room games I've purchased in a while. I thought Sunset Riders was out this week too, but didn't see it in the update.[/QUOTE]

oh snap, sunset riders? How much, and does it have online play?

[quote name='doodofdoods']oh snap, sunset riders? How much, and does it have online play?[/QUOTE]

Sunset Riders for GAME ROOM, so no online play. Too bad none of the Game Room games have online play since there are so many titles that scream for it.

Yup, hopefully this leads to Parodius coming out! I thought you can play online with your friends though?

I bet Sunset Riders will out next week, and they are 240 points. Twinbee comes with a 'limited time free mascot offer' not sure if it's always like that/how long but Blades of Steel and Trick Trap had the same offer last week when I tried them.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Yup, hopefully this leads to Parodius coming out! I thought you can play online with your friends though?

I bet Sunset Riders will out next week, and they are 240 points. Twinbee comes with a 'limited time free mascot offer' not sure if it's always like that/how long but Blades of Steel and Trick Trap had the same offer last week when I tried them.[/QUOTE]

Free mascots are only available on the day the game comes out. (Wednesdays)

I WISH Parodius was on the "leaked" list (google it) for Game Pack 012 but it's not. :/

However, Detana Twinbee is on the list!

Feeling the Konami love right now. Can't wait for Otomedius Excellent.

On a side note, BlazBlue Valkenhayn DLC will be discounted for about a month due to the extreme delay. Should be out on Tuesday. Sorry if that's already been mentioned.

[quote name='bajingo']dont do it, i really think costume quest will be on sale eventually (it might be NEXT october though). it was good but not great. if you like cutsey shit that helps, but the combat is paper thin. if i could go back i wouldve not purchased, but waited for a sale.[/QUOTE]

Easy for you to say, and I agree, but my 4 year old LOVES it, especially the "Transformer" costume. Good thing he doesn't know the difference between a demo and full version yet cause I'm holding out for a sale.

[quote name='bajingo']dont do it, i really think costume quest will be on sale eventually (it might be NEXT october though). it was good but not great. if you like cutsey shit that helps, but the combat is paper thin. if i could go back i wouldve not purchased, but waited for a sale.[/QUOTE]

It is a pretty simple game, but I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the new DLC. So i disagree, but YMMV obviously. This deal, though, not that great, especially since you're having to buy two 1200 point games ($30) to get only 400 points ($5) back. Then again, if you were going to buy two of these games now anyway then it's better then nothing.

Of the list, I've got Costume Quest, Lara Croft, Plants vs. Zombies and Trials HD. They are all worthy purchases, though I feel for anyone who buys Trials now given the BF sale, but it's still worth full price IMHO, and the new DLC is great! Actually I don't play PvZ much, but my kids love it. For some reason I've not really been able to get into the game on any platform, though I feel like I should and certainly a lot of people love it. It was still worth it because my kids have gotten a lot of mileage out of it.

did anyone post major nelsons update for next 2 week sales?

Week of December 6 – Winter Wonderland:
Polar Panic, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Burton Snowboard, 120 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Burton RED Hi Fi Helmet, 80 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Gingerbread Man, 120 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Gears of War 2 Snowblind Map Pack, 160 Microsoft Points (60 percent off)
3 on 3 NHL Arcade, 200 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)

Week of December 13 – Casual Arcade:

Bejeweled 2, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
UNO RUSH, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Zuma, 200 Microsoft Points, (50 percent off)
Tetris Splash, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Feeding Frenzy 2, 400 Microsoft Points

nothing for me...

[quote name='crunchewy']Actually I don't play PvZ much, but my kids love it. For some reason I've not really been able to get into the game on any platform, though I feel like I should and certainly a lot of people love it.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too bad, PvZ's early levels are utterly tedious. And even when the game turns into chaos later on it's still has ridiculously slow paced starts. It's charming, sure, but it goes to lengths to highlight the weakpoints of the Tower Defense genre.

As for the guy asking about Hydro Thunder vs Comic Jumper, if you actually made it through CJ without hating the shooting bits then it's probably a good choice. That... "gameplay" turned off a huge number of people, for good reason, but the game does have a decent amount of heft to it and has tons of awesome not-the-horrible-game content to unlock.

HT is fairly straight forward by comparison, if you want a racer then it's awesome, otherwise eh. If you are truly desperate for an online game, check out Monday Night Combat or something.

Also found these over at xbox360achievements.org

Game Add-Ons

• December 8: “Pinball FX 2” Marvel Comic Table Pack (Microsoft Game Studios) – 800 Microsoft Points and available worldwide
  • December 14: “Forza Motorsport 3” Community Choice Classics Pack (Microsoft Game Studios) – 400 Microsoft Points and available worldwide

Haven't I read somewhere that the 6 player X-Men arcade game is coming out in the next week or two? Does anyone know what the price point is going to be on that?

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Don't feel too bad, PvZ's early levels are utterly tedious. And even when the game turns into chaos later on it's still has ridiculously slow paced starts. It's charming, sure, but it goes to lengths to highlight the weakpoints of the Tower Defense genre.

As for the guy asking about Hydro Thunder vs Comic Jumper, if you actually made it through CJ without hating the shooting bits then it's probably a good choice. That... "gameplay" turned off a huge number of people, for good reason, but the game does have a decent amount of heft to it and has tons of awesome not-the-horrible-game content to unlock.

HT is fairly straight forward by comparison, if you want a racer then it's awesome, otherwise eh. If you are truly desperate for an online game, check out Monday Night Combat or something.[/QUOTE]

I'm that guy and I already have monday night combat, lol. I've got just about all the decent to good games on xbla so from the current list for this promotion, it's between comic jumper or hydro thunder. Comic jumper seems okay and offers little nifty extras but don't know if i'll ever get around to completing the game. As for Hydro Thunder, I think it's okay as well and it has online & offline multiplayer but i'll mainly be using it for xbl and it has gotten support via dlc. Is the hydro thunder online community still active or has the online portion died down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back