Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jp0213']I'm going try to download that pack through the Rock Band Store. Should show up as purchased anyway. Maybe it is some weird thing with the marketplace right now.

Update: Same error. Damn it.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind. I am in the same boat as you guys. It showed 1% so I assumed it started to download and I backed out of it. I guess it popped up that it couldn't download it and I never noticed it because I don't have the songs either. It's definitely an issue on their end.

AHA! Didn't realize the problem was on their end. I assumed I was stuck DLing at 1% because it didn't like being tethered to my phone. Hope it is fixed when I get home, I want that rock band CCR pack bad, haha.

within a year these are the prices we've seen on the games from last summer

Shadow Complex: 800, 560
Trials 2: 800, 560
TMNT: 400
Splosion Man: 400
Marvel vs Capcom 2: 800 560

Pretty good chance we'll see all 5 games from this year on sale within a year.

[quote name='doodofdoods']within a year these are the prices we've seen on the games from last summer

Pretty good chance we'll see all 5 games from this year on sale within a year.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I'm definitely waiting. I'm not sold on anything beyond Hydro Thunder anyways.

[quote name='doodofdoods']within a year these are the prices we've seen on the games from last summer

Pretty good chance we'll see all 5 games from this year on sale within a year.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Castlevania and Tomb Raider can wait until a sale for me. Limbo, on the other hand, I might end up getting at full price.

As I discovered while trying to buy some discount songs for Lips, trying to buy Lips songs and music packs using the in-game store and the stand alone Lips store is an exercise in frustration and re-buying stuff you already bought. What a rip off. Totally redundant and I believe designed to get the user to waste MS points.

[quote name='jp0213']I sent a tweet to @XboxSupport and they said they would look into it.[/QUOTE]
Works for me now - everyone who was having problems with the Slipknot pack should try it again.

yeah Limbo's the only one that looks worth the full price to me, and even then I may wait for a drop.

Wish DeathSpank and Blacklight were part of the SoA cus I'd grab those with Limbo, but oh well.

Is that next week deal?
SPECIAL SOUTH PARK DEAL OF THE WEEK
But they price the game at 800 ms points.
http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2010/07/06/az654.aspx

SPECIAL SOUTH PARK DEAL OF THE WEEK

The following week, we’re giving you more reasons to figure out who killed Kenny by checking out the South Park game and music track from Rock Band. Help protect the mountain town of South Park and download “South Park LET'S GO TOWER DEFENSE PLAY!” (Microsoft Game Studios), and rock out with your bad self in a special South Park track from “Rock Band” (MTV Games). Also, if you’re in the US and an Xbox LIVE member, check out 50 percent discounts on South Park Video content July 12 – July 18. Tune in to the wise words of South Park Elementary’s youngest philosopher in “South Park: The Cult of Cartman” or choose to throw back with Matt and Trey's favorite episodes from 2001-2005 in “South Park - The Hits, Vol. 1 - Matt and Trey's Top Ten.”

South Park LET'S GO TOWER DEFENSE PLAY! (Microsoft Game Studios)

Week of July 12 | 800 Microsoft Points

Play as Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Cartman or any number of your favorite South Park characters in “South Park LET'S GO TOWER DEFENSE PLAY!” It’s the fast-paced action/strategy game, where you play to save the town of South Park. The game combines snowball-throwing action with tower defense strategy, and is designed for players of all skill levels. Unlock special content and new characters throughout the game for your in-game scrapbook. Play locally with up to four players or team up on Xbox LIVE in the story-based campaign or the extra-demanding Challenge levels. “South Park LET'S GO TOWER DEFENSE PLAY!” is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and available worldwide (except Korea).

Rock Band® Eric Cartman’s “Lady Gaga’s ‘Poker Face’ (South Park Edition)” Game Add-On (MTV Games)

Week of July 12 | 160 Microsoft Points

“Rock Band” offers something for everyone, and you’ll go gaga over Eric Cartman’s “Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' (South Park Version)”: you wanna hold ‘em like they do in Texas plays? The stage is ready, but just don’t let him see your p-p-poker face. “Rock Band®” is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and is available worldwide (except Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea and Taiwan). U.S. will have only video content.

Yes, Khalid, next week's DotW is South Park themed. Updating now

EDIT:

Going by the press release Khalid posted above, I have updated. I'll adjust when more info is made clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='simmias']Works for me now - everyone who was having problems with the Slipknot pack should try it again.[/QUOTE]
Sa-weet! Thanks for that heads up. I was going to try later this evening but right now is good too. Finally get to play those songs.

[quote name='simmias']Works for me now - everyone who was having problems with the Slipknot pack should try it again.[/QUOTE]

:( Doh, that means it's my phone, cuz it's still stopping at 1%. Argh, gotta wait over a week for actual internet to be installed.

These sales have really picked up lately!

The Misadventures of P.B Winterbottom is interesting. Seems like it is way worth $5.

Really enjoyed After Burner Climax. A very well done reboot of the franchise.

It's also a super easy 200 GS that absolutely anyone can do. Just playing the game regularly unlocks cheats that don't affect achievements, so eventually you'll be fully invincible. Playing with invincibility and infinite missles is pretty cool.

Also has Avatar Awards. Two easy, one near impossible. If you see anyone online wearing the After Burner Helmet, be very very impressed.

I'm glad next week's deal is South Park themed. I already have South Park Tower Defense, so my wallet can rest.

Excited about Limbo, but it's the kind of game I'll pick up on sale.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']So Toy Soldiers is South Park themed, right? :p Maybe I should just support them and pay the full... ahhh cag![/QUOTE]

What? Toy Soldiers isn't South Park themed. Perhaps you mean that Toy Soldiers and South Park are similar because they're tower defense games, but as an owner of both, I can tell you the games are quite different.

[quote name='Jessfest']What? Toy Soldiers isn't South Park themed. Perhaps you mean that Toy Soldiers and South Park are similar because they're tower defense games, but as an owner of both, I can tell you the games are quite different.[/QUOTE]

FYI The tongue indicates he was joking. He just really wants Toy soldiers to go on sale soon.

Doh, just bough South Park Tower Defense last week /facepalm. If anyone is on the fence about that and has a few friends to play with, get it in a heartbeat. The game is extremely well made, and is a blast to play multiplayer!

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Glad I waited on Tower Defense Play! I'll be picking that up for sure.[/QUOTE]

uh.. pick up the South Park Tower Defense for a full retail 800 point? how is that a sale? :roll:

Finally bit on some of the rock band DLC. Got Boston, Disturbed, Megadeth, AFI, and debating on Nirvana. Wanted to get the Who as well, but the chart from the few songs I checked seemed a little lackluster (plus low on points + unemployment).

[quote name='JStryke']Finally bit on some of the rock band DLC. Got Boston, Disturbed, Megadeth, AFI, and debating on Nirvana. Wanted to get the Who as well, but the chart from the few songs I checked seemed a little lackluster (plus low on points + unemployment).[/QUOTE]

Debating on Nirvana....WTF!?! 7 songs for $5.50. They're worth it. I already had 3 but I said oh well and paid the $5.50 for the 4 songs I didn't have which was still cheaper. I am looking to buy everything rock band has on sale that I don't have which are the albums and a few song packs like boston, afi. Guitar hero is eh okay..they could of had better songs on sale and lips..not even worth it I say.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Debating on Nirvana....WTF!?! 7 songs for $5.50. They're worth it. I already had 3 but I said oh well and paid the $5.50 for the 4 songs I didn't have which was still cheaper. I am looking to buy everything rock band has on sale that I don't have which are the albums and a few song packs like boston, afi. Guitar hero is eh okay..they could of had better songs on sale and lips..not even worth it I say.[/QUOTE]

It's a good deal, no doubt, but 1) was never that big of a nirvana fan 2) am unsure how long I will need my current points to last me.

[quote name='JStryke']It's a good deal, no doubt, but 1) was never that big of a nirvana fan 2) am unsure how long I will need my current points to last me.[/QUOTE]

Points never last long, especially with all these sales, so good luck.

I might have to pick up the Nirvana pack even though I'm only a moderate fan. Seven songs for $5.50 is too good to pass up. Already got the Boston pack even though I had 2 of the songs from the Classic Rock disk. Smokin' is blast even though it's weird to play keyboard on guitar.

Still debating Megadeth, Pearl Jam and Chili Peppers. Can't get them all though.

I've had both Pearl Jams since day one, favorite band. Although, Ten is musically better than Backspacer.
Pricked up the Who.
Probably getting both Megadeth and Chili Peppers, just because thats too many songs to pass up for 10 bucks.
I wish Chinese Democracy and and Dr. Feelgood were part of this.

I joined in on Liveapolooza. Grabbed all the following for Rock Band: AFI, Disturbed, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slipknot, and Oasis' Wonderwall (not really a fan but for a 1 dollar it is hard to pass up).

I am glad they are running South Park next week so my points go farther. These sales of late have been great.

Yes, I purchased all the rock band dlc that is on sale (unless I already had it) and went through 6,000 points so quick and as for gh I only picked up Negative Creep by Nirvana and that alicia keys song. Not buying any lips dlc since I don't play it really and hate the fact that you can't export/import the songs so that would mean i'd have to spend more $ on buying the other game discs and have more games piled up to collect dust. Ah I can rest next week too thank god lol.

I personally hate that I only want 4... do I bite and get the 5th and get it for free technically? Or do I only get 3 and wait for the other to go on sale sometime?

Knowing how I love me some XBLA I will most likely just buy all of them.. They will bring me even closer to my 100 XBLA titles total

[quote name='ViolentLee']I just want to thank the OP [/QUOTE]
You're welcome.

[quote name='eastx']The good news, if what I've heard is true, is that buying 3 of the Summer of Arcade titles gets you 400 points back. Buying all five gets you 1200 points back.[/QUOTE]

That is correct.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I personally hate that I only want 4... do I bite and get the 5th and get it for free technically? [/QUOTE]

Tough call, I'd say ti depends on if you really don't lie the 5th title or if you can wait till late Sept to get those points back

Southpark Tower Defense is pretty fun if you're a fan of the show. I bought it last time it was on sale and have got 200/200. If only I can find the Professor Chaos code now.

Myself (and everybody I've talked to) find it fun. It may not be best for long playthroughs, but in short bursts it is a fun game to play. Maybe not worth $10, but easily $5. Plus, it appears to be a fairly easy 200/200 if you're into that sort of thing.

Love that they're giving out a rebate. I was originally only going to get Lara Croft GoL, but I'll pick up Limbo (which really doesn't look worth 1200 points) and Hydrothunder to get 400 free points. :D

Castlevania and MNC don't interest me at all, so not getting those.

[quote name='ViolentLee']I just want to thank the OP for putting together such a comprehensive, slick post. Your hard work has been noticed![/QUOTE]

Totally agreed, reddjoeyhas put a lot of effort into this thread and I really appreciate it as well.
With this deal i think i'll grab at least 3 of the 5 games, need to see reviews on Limbo, Hyrdo Thunder and Monday Night Combat before i bite.

The fact MS has put out last years Summer of Arcade games on sale a few times now, I think I'll wait for the reductions that will happen in a few months.

1200 is way too much for most of these games.

[quote name='animalspinners']The fact MS has put out last years Summer of Arcade games on sale a few times now, I think I'll wait for the reductions that will happen in a few months.

1200 is way too much for most of these games.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but I don't think many of last years titles were in fact put on sale till the Summer of 09 Redux..maybe Shadow Complex was put on sale once, but not many of the others..but now that I'm thinking, I'm really not sure, maybe so did Splosion Man. Point is, it may be more than a few months for the discount on these, they are their 'premiere/showcase' games after all, expect 6-12 months at least..

edit: and SouthPark TD is a great game, just played it a little last night. Perfect game to take a level a night, easy achievements too! This is also coming from someone who isn't big into TD games at all (however, I am starting to find them to be pretty fun, like Field Runners on the PS3/PSP)

I waited a bit too long to ask, and I won't be surprised if I get no answer, but I know that in the past there have been deluxe editions of Metallica's Death Magnetic and Pearl Jam's Backspacer that included codes for the Guitar Hero and Rock Band releases, respectively. Does anyone know if these are still easily attainable and if the codes would still be valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back