Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BingoBrown']FYI to the anti-Moxxi folks, the DLC does come with a bank to store items. So, for some people, that might be worth the price of admission alone, if you like to hoard loot.[/QUOTE]

From my understanding it also adds 2 more Skill Points.

[quote name='Corvin']From my understanding it also adds 2 more Skill Points.[/QUOTE]

It does indeed add a skill point or two. Forget if it's exactly two, but that sounds right.

[quote name='Corvin']From my understanding it also adds 2 more Skill Points.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that. Yes, it does add the bank and the extra 2 skill points, which was the deciding factor when I bought it for full price.

With that in mind, I take back what I said earlier and would recommend getting Mad Moxxi, overall it is well worth it.

regardless if you feel Moxxxie is worth the MS investment or not, for 400 ms points each of the Borderlands DLC is a great bargain for that price + it's GearBox, and they get my support. sweet deal, finally going to get General Knoxx.

[quote name='mazdaverx7']just went to get the Borderlands DLC and as of 5am, its not half off...maybe they'll update it later today.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't usually update until late morning, 10am EST or so. So still 4 hours away roughly.

[quote name='JStryke']It doesn't usually update until late morning, 10am EST or so. So still 4 hours away roughly.[/QUOTE]

outstanding!! i'll have to grab them today!!

Now it's a race between my 16.54 points card from amazon and the end of the borderlands DLC sale. I'd hate to have to buy points online to snag the DLC.

Quick copy-paste, but helpful. Items stay in the bank, so you have to return there to get them.

Character Bank
Level------Level---Slots----Cost------------Details
1---------0-------12-------$0--------------Initial starting bank
3---------1-------15-------$12,565---------Purchasable upgrade
8---------2-------18-------$26,397---------Purchasable upgrade
13--------3-------21-------$55,454---------Purchasable upgrade
18--------4-------24-------$116,466--------Purchasable upgrade
23--------5-------27-------$244,629--------Purchasable upgrade
28--------6-------30-------$513,807--------Purchasable upgrade
33--------7-------33-------$1,079,176------Purchasable upgrade

____________Must be on Play-through #2_________________
38--------8-------36-------$2,266,642------Purchasable upgrade
43--------9-------39-------$4,760,721------Purchasable upgrade

____________Must be on Play-through #2.5_______
48--------10------42-------$9,999,143------Purchasable upgrade

[quote name='Don G.']In for Secret Armory. I was lucky to get the other 2 for free a while back with Amazon. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
Ditto:D

i guess i'll ask here- how do i use the bank? i just bought the mad moxxi dlc, but i'm still playing through my first playthrough so i won't enter the underdome area for a few days. can i use the bank now, or only when i'm in that area?

[quote name='y2jasper']i guess i'll ask here- how do i use the bank? i just bought the mad moxxi dlc, but i'm still playing through my first playthrough so i won't enter the underdome area for a few days. can i use the bank now, or only when i'm in that area?[/QUOTE]

To use the bank you walk up to the Clap Trap in the lobby of the underdome and it'll bring up a menu to store stuff in the bank. Honestly you don't need to wait to finish the first playthrough to go to this dlc. It will just give you a little intro on the dlc when you first get to the underdome and that's it.

Just to clarify on the bank if you want to store and retrieve stuff you will have to go to the underdome via fast travel station everytime you want to store or retrieve your items.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']grabbed the knoxx dlc, damn @ 1.66 gb's though, I'm down to just above 1gb of HDD space left ;/[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'm so far behind in that game that it seemed silly but when will I see it at that price again?

Anyhow, I was shocked at the size of it too. :)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Anyone pick up Hydro today? Sounds bad from reviews, which kinda kills any incentive to pay full price for all the SOA titles...[/QUOTE]

Who cares about reviews, especially IGNs. It depends if you like the original Hydro Thunder. In addition, if Shipwreck were to review this game, It would be a Fair-Good with a recommend buy price of $7.50

I do want to play borderlands, but I'm torn. Get the 3 DLCs now? Get Armory from the sale and get the add-on disc from somewhere?

Or better yet, especially with something else about to come out, anybody think there'll be a "GotY" / PH / "Complete" version released with all the DLC?

I would like to hear more Hydro Thunder impressions too. If you're charging $15 for an XBLA game, it needs to be really good, not just okay.

[quote name='vlv723']Who cares about reviews, especially IGNs. It depends if you like the original Hydro Thunder. In addition, if Shipwreck were to review this game, It would be a Fair-Good with a recommend buy price of $7.50[/QUOTE]

...hence, the reason I was asking for player impressions :/

[quote name='reddjoey']Giant Bomb did a Quick Look

For those unfamiliar with GiantBomb, a quick look is a video of gameplay with the staff playing the game and discussing it.

This one is about 15mins[/QUOTE]

Haha, these guys make this game seem more entertaining than I think it would actually be.

"You're chemically imbalanced!"

I will not be picking this up without it being deeply discounted.

Well, Hydro Thunder was the game that had me on the fence on if I wanted to buy all of the titles for the discount or not. I was still on the fence when the reviews for this game came out, but my girlfriend was with me when I was. She went 'Oh I want to play that, it looks fun'

Well, there was my deciding factor I suppose haha, it is like I will be getting it discounted anyways seeing as I would pay full price for the rest of the SoA titles either way.

I will download it later today and give you guys my impressions, though I do not have too high of hopes/ I mainly am in it for the local multiplayer.

Just tried the demo and I'm not sure. It's decent, but the problem with arcade games that I find is this. When you compare how many quarters you could spend in the actual arcade, you save in the long run but you also think of how that actual arcade experience is. Such as holding the shift stick in your hand or in this case, the air blowing in your face. So it sometimes is difficult to pull the trigger.

What I thought was interesting was this however. When I loaded it up, it felt like my room got colder all of a sudden. Sure has nothing to do with the game, but thought it was neat in that weird kind of way.

I bought Hydro Thunder Hurricane today, and so far it's a lot of fun. Definitely worth a try if you liked the original Hydro Thunder or just arcade racers in general. It seems to provide a good amount of content for an XBLA game as well. I'd recommend it if you are on the fence.

thanks for the reviews guys. played the demo with the wife (very rare occurrence) and it WAS fun, but i think ill just have to wait for it to be on sale. just doesnt feel the same caliber of game that other $15 titles have. i feel strangely obligated that if i buy 1, i must buy all 5.

I remember when the DC launched, the original HT got pretty middling reviews, but everything I had seen of it (had never played the arcade game) made it look like a blast to me. It is probably STILL my most played Dreamcast game of all time; I absolutely love it. Which makes me more concerned that if it's not a fantastic remake it'll be a bit of a disappointment.

But I'd definitely not put a lot of stock in reviews as I nearly didn't get HT based on the reviews for the DC.. glad I ignored them!

I just picked up moxxie and knoxx (already had zombie island) - maybe I'll get around to playing borderlands again - stopped near the beginning of the second play-through. Haven't played any of the dlc yet.

I downloaded the demo, i liked it but I am still not sure if i want to fork out 15$ for it... but here is my reasoning if i were to get it and other people may want to look at it this way as well If you are planning on buying the rest of the summer arcade games
1200 Points back so instead of me looking at it as getting a free game im going to look at it as some of them were just cheaper.

Limbo 1200pts WELL WORTH IT LOVED IT
Hydro Thunder 1200pts Ill just take 400 off and pretend like I paid 800
Castlevania.. I have never played a side scroller castlevania so I am going to pretend like im paying 400 in case i dont like it
Monday Night Combat 1200 Looks great will be glad to pay 15
Laura Croft another toss up in my opinion if it isnt the greatest maybe ill get it and pretend im paying 800 for it and 800 for Castlevania

I dont know but until this afternoon I forgot about the points back thing so for people on the fence about buying Hydrothunder it may be worth it in the end, I may just wait to play the demo of castlevania because if there is 2 that i dont really NEED to have then I just will take the 400pts back

Sadly disappointed in Hydro Thunder. The DC game is one of my favorite arcade style racers, but I was kind of bored by the demo. Even the second stage you get to race in once you get a championship race (the viking one) was kind of boring. I was really looking forward to this too.

I don't know how IGN gave Hydro Thunder such a bad review. I loved it on the Dreamcast and I'm loving it all over again with Hurricane. Bottom line is don't trust IGN's review, try it out for yourself and if you loved Hydro Thunder guaranteed you will fall in love with it again like i did.

[quote name='kingzblend121']I don't know how IGN gave Hydro Thunder such a bad review. I loved it on the Dreamcast and I'm loving it all over again with Hurricane. Bottom line is don't trust IGN's review, try it out for yourself and if you loved Hydro Thunder guaranteed you will fall in love with it again like i did.[/QUOTE]

Your mistake was actually going to IGN.

[quote name='h3ro']Your mistake was actually going to IGN.[/QUOTE]
I usually compare IGN's review to player reviews around here on new releases, just to get a general idea. Usually nothing ever comes from the comparison.

So I picked up Hydro Thunder like I said and it is surprisingly better than expected. My girlfriend and I played it tonight, only planning to try it out, we played it for over 2 hours. It is by no means the greatest game but it is quite a blast. The levels are all awesome. They look, feel and sound just very 'epic' and cool. Included in each course are tons of shortcuts to find and master, as well as hidden token things.

I only tried the multiplayer which was simply racing, so I can't say anything about the single player, but it does appear to have quite a bit of variety. Also to note, you can play multiple people on a single console and still play on Live, which is a nice feature not found in many games these days.

Overall I am glad I got it, but still do not feel like it was a 1200 point game. With this promo however, for me it was not. Limbo and Hydro Thunder are not 1200 points in my mind, but the following three are and I gladly would pay full price, which means these past two games were only 600 each!

Hopefully the Borderlands DLC will go on sale on PSN soon too. Had the game since release but never finished and I just got back into it a few days ago.

You know I am going to correct myself, before I just played the demo and thought it was just decent but now I bought it and I LOVE IT, yes there are some problems with the game but there is no way this game deserved a 5.5 out of 10, me and my buddy played this game for at least 3 hours tonight and found it very addicting from trying to find the hidden tokens, we only got to about 5 of the tracks but so far really like them all, with all of the obstacles and the loose controls it may be frustrating for some people I guess but for me I took it as challenging, and like myself and others have said before may not be worth the 15 dollars but the discount really makes me very satisfied with this summer arcade so far and i really believe it was good marketing on their part to have because I know without it I wouldn't have bought at least 2 of them and just wait for them to go on sale, they really had enough great games coming out this year to have 2 summer arcades the second one being
Scott Pilgram vs. the World
Shank
Comic Jumper
Hydrophobia
Deathspank(if not some other game that hasn't been announced yet as a summer release)
It would have been awsome to have a second 1200 point rebate on those because I plan on getting all of those as well, except I already have deathspank and love it alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back