Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definately picking up Castlevania and Lara Croft, but still trying to decide if I want to pick up a third for the $5 back. I suppose it's between Limbo and MNC (I have no interest in Hydro Thunder at all). I'm assuming MNC is basically 3rd-person Team Fortress, right? Not sure if I am super interested in a really MP-heavy title like that... Limbo looks ok but I haven't looked at it too closely.

Or is it maybe not even worth spending the "$10" for a third game? hmmm...

Limbo seems like a must buy, as does Lara Croft. I love Castlevania games, but it seems like it's more of a multiplayer experience than single player. That and the reviews I've read makes me reluctant to buy it.

It's now a matter of whether I wait for these games to drop to 800 or less (I'm buying Lara Croft regardless of whether I buy 2 or even all 5 Summer titles). Castlevania would definitely have to, and I'm not sure how long I can wait for Limbo to do so?

Someone reported that Best Buy now considers point cards as non-accessories. Just hoping that it's not true so I can pick up another 8000 pts. for some upcoming deals and games.

Edit: Forgot to point out that Best Buy's deal for the week is buy 2 $39.99+ Games or Accessories, get a $25 gift card. Better than the Target $20 GC promo a few weeks ago.

Proposed Theme for August 30th deals: "Overpriced Aliens"

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I anticipate Tomb Raider to be awesome (I bought it today during lunch).[/QUOTE]

You bought it on launch during lunch.

From OXM:
August 30th-September 5th
Outta-This-World-Items
Zeno Clash:Ultimate Edition Arcade Game 800pts down from 1200
Alien Breed Ep 1 Arcade Game 400pts down from 800
AVP Swarm Map Pack Add-on 400 pts down from 560
Galaga Legions Arcade Game 400pts down from 800

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kerig']Proposed Theme for August 30th deals: "Overpriced Aliens"
[/QUOTE]

Strong possibility on that name.

[quote name='jdawgg76']From OXM:
August 30th-September 5th
Outta-This-World-Items
Zeno Clash:Ultimate Edition Arcade Game 800pts down from 1200
Alien Breed Ep 1 Arcade Game 400pts down from 800
AVP Swarm Map Pack Add-on 400 pts down from 560
Galaga Legions Arcade Game 400pts down from 800[/QUOTE]

I'll add Alien Breed to the OP later tonight.

If Alien Breed is like the PC version then it has 20 single-player levels and 3 co-op levels. It's a fun game and definitely worth $5.

Man, looks like I need to go get some more MS points for now. I really want to nab Zeno Clash and Alien Breed when they go on sale. Plus I really want Scott Pilgrim, Shank and Dead Rising all when they come out these next few weeks on the XBLA.

Oy. I sure wish the Summer of Arcade rebate was immediate haha.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Man, looks like I need to go get some more MS points for now. I really want to nab Zeno Clash and Alien Breed when they go on sale. Plus I really want Scott Pilgrim, Shank and Dead Rising all when they come out these next few weeks on the XBLA.

Oy. I sure wish the Summer of Arcade rebate was immediate haha.[/QUOTE]

shoot, thanks for reminding me about Case Zero... I almost just spent all my points

[quote name='DeathBringer']I care for deals not personal reviews.[/QUOTE]

And no one cares what you think. We've been over this. Whether you like it or not, people are allowed to discuss deals (and the games that are subjects of deals) in this forum. The solution is for you not to post in this thread.

still harsh to ppl on other forums i see haha

Just read the OP. There's no need for you to read the thread. :roll:

[quote name='hufferstl']I can't recommend Galaga Legions at all. Definitely the worst XBLA purchase i've made.[/QUOTE]

To counter, I have to say I love Galaga: Legions. It's tough though.

[quote name='eastx']If Alien Breed is like the PC version then it has 20 single-player levels and 3 co-op levels. It's a fun game and definitely worth $5.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the same game but split up into parts cause the game is "episode 1"

I have been patiently waiting all morning for the Bioshock 2 DLC deal to go up on LIVE. It's normally up by now WTF is taking so long? :wall:

UPDATE:
As of 4:15 PM EST Bioshock 2's DOTW STILL has NOT gone up yet. This is the longest I've seen a DOTW take to get posted. Anyone know what's going on?

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']I have been patiently waiting all morning for the Bioshock 2 DLC deal to go up on LIVE. It's normally up by now WTF is taking so long? :wall:[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat.

[quote name='reddjoey']Dude who throws the switch must be taking a vacation[/QUOTE]

lol I will agree on that one. I'm shocked they haven't changed prices yet.

[quote name='reddjoey']Dude who throws the switch must be taking a vacation[/QUOTE]

I wish I could "like" your post. :applause:

It really is unbelievable, they took down the stupidly unnecessary two week Dragon Age one hours ago AND updated the Official Xbox page with Bioshock 2 as the DOTW and STILL the prices haven't changed yet. :wall::censored::bomb:

[quote name='jonathanp']Do I need to to but the BioShock DLC to get all the achievements?[/QUOTE]

As of now, to 100% the game you need the metro pack and protector trials.

[quote name='JediDeath']Damn, I wish it was the Bughunt pack instead. At least that one has survival maps...seeing as how the MP is pretty much dead.[/QUOTE]

I thought both map packs each had 2 regular maps, and 2 survival maps. I really wanted to pick up these map packs, but the only time I can get games going is like fri/sat night during peak hours. Not to mention sega killed support for the console versions of the game. I'll pick up the PC version down the line I guess, I hate sega.

Still not up on the dashboard, or xbox.com. Very strange, especially since the DotW page on xbox.com changed.

EDIT: Xboxsupport is saying it will be available tomorrow. Someone really must be on vacation

EDIT 2:

September 22nd: Serious Sam HD: The Second - 1200 Microsoft Points
September 22nd: DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue - 1200 Microsoft Points

Good to see we're past dlc sales and back onto games after this week. Nothing for me next week, though. Hopefully some better games in September, like DeathSpank.

[quote name='reddjoey']September 22nd: Serious Sam HD: The Second - 1200 Microsoft Points
September 22nd: DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue - 1200 Microsoft Points[/QUOTE]
They must be having a "sequels to games that came out earlier this year" promotion.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I think it's the same game but split up into parts cause the game is "episode 1"[/QUOTE]

The PC version is episodic too - it just doesn't say Episode 1 in the title. The next episode comes out pretty soon, too. I know the PC version added or changed enemies slightly, but I think they're still just about the same.

[quote name='Thrinn']They must be having a "sequels to games that came out earlier this year" promotion.[/QUOTE]

Well technically Serious Sam HD was originally released in 09 on Steam, but yeah. Glad to see that because I have been wanting the XBLA version of the Second Encounter. Seems far too early however for a DeathSpank sequel already.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']I have been patiently waiting all morning for the Bioshock 2 DLC deal to go up on LIVE. It's normally up by now WTF is taking so long? :wall:

UPDATE:
As of 4:15 PM EST Bioshock 2's DOTW STILL has NOT gone up yet. This is the longest I've seen a DOTW take to get posted. Anyone know what's going on?[/QUOTE]

Still waiting here myself. What is going on?

September is getting really crowded. I may have to hold out on getting Shank this week so I can get both DeathSpank 2 and Plants vs Zombies. I really want Second Encounter too. So many games!

Just checked AGAIN for the umpteenth time in the past day and a half and the prices STILL are not updated. So, I guess this is going to be the Deal of about 6 days or less. At least at this point shouldn't 2k be getting on Micro$ofts case as well? They're preventing sales for them.

Major Nelson just announced -

"This weeks Deal of the Week offers and Games on Demand titles have been delayed..hopefully they'll be up tomorrow."

[quote name='Jankee']Major Nelson just announced -

"This weeks Deal of the Week offers and Games on Demand titles have been delayed..hopefully they'll be up tomorrow."[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I wonder what the problem is...

Little peeved, but at least the Dragon Age DLC is still on sale price. Thinking the dude really is still on vacation or something... and apparently no one else can flip the switch... lol.... explains the 2 weeks plus of Dragon Age DotW... oh well, hopefully tomorrow like major nelson says....

"This weeks Deal of the Week offers and Games on Demand titles have been delayed..hopefully they'll be up tomorrow."[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I updated the OP sorta.

Further dude on vacation speculation. The deals are usually going live between 8am and 9am PST, the normal work period for "some dude" to change it. If it was automated, they could do flip it on anytime. A two week sale definitely adds to the vacation theory. Perhaps the normal replacements weren't available.

So ridiculous. Glad I didn't go on to check today and just checked here instead.

Don't know if the sale went active yet, but has anybody else been having trouble trying to buy DLC from the xbox website? I can go on my xbox just fine and do it, but for certain games (Bioshock being one of them), the in-game DLC doesn't show up.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Any update? Are they available to buy? (I'm at work right now)[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen the ad on the dashboard yet and they are still full price on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back