Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opinions on Tower Bloxx Deluxe?

My girlfriend is really into puzzle-style games such as Puzzle Quest 1 & 2, Peggle, Luxor, and PvZ. So I had her play through the trials of the games going on sale. She said Tower Bloxx was the most appealing but I haven't had a chance to get better details.

What's the word CAGs?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Which game do you think is the best. I don't know much about any of them.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting since launch for Bust A Move to go on sale and it finally is this coming week. I cannot fucking wait honestly. If you have any interest in the series, I would go with that one...

It definitely seems like Bust-A-Move is the best. Tower Bloxx is apparently a good Iphone game but a terrible xbla game.

[quote name='NTolerance']I just redeemed a 48-hour gold trial to try and buy the RE5 DLC, but it's showing up as full price for me.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, trials don't grant anything but online gameplay features. No gold benefits.

[quote name='JDUB X']If I remember correctly, trials don't grant anything but online gameplay features. No gold benefits.[/QUOTE]

Seems that way. The shit of it is that my 48-hour trial card says this on the front:

"Xbox LIVE 48-hour trial allows access to online multiplayer gaming, Netflix, Photo Party, free game demos, exclusive discounts, promotions, and video content."

[quote name='NTolerance']Seems that way. The shit of it is that my 48-hour trial card says this on the front:

"Xbox LIVE 48-hour trial allows access to online multiplayer gaming, Netflix, Photo Party, free game demos, exclusive discounts, promotions, and video content."[/QUOTE]

That's pretty crappy of them to do.

[quote name='NTolerance']I just redeemed a 48-hour gold trial to try and buy the RE5 DLC, but it's showing up as full price for me.[/QUOTE]

Nope, sorry. 48-hour codes dont' work for Deals of the Week (in the FAQ for the thread).

[quote name='whitereflection']Can someone with Gold verify that the RE5 bundle is still on sale?[/QUOTE]

If it does change tonight, it probably will not be until 2:00 am pacific or later.

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']Any game is worth 5 bucks... Except Root Beer Tapper[/QUOTE]Root Beer Tapper > the entire Halo series combined. There, it had to be said.

If only the 360 port wasn't done by Digital Eclipse. :(

root beer tapper didn't have aliens and flying ships and insane multiplayer modes with excellent graphics, music, and production values.

it DIDNT need them :x

[quote name='AquaKnight']root beer tapper didn't have aliens and flying ships and insane multiplayer modes with excellent graphics, music, and production values.

it DIDNT need them :x[/QUOTE]

Obviously this isn't owned by EA. Otherwise this would have multiplayer mode plus

[quote name='joshnorm']Obviously this isn't owned by EA. Otherwise this would have multiplayer mode plus[/QUOTE]

It's worse. EA just takes down the multiplayer of their games after a few years. Warner Bros took Rootbeer tapper completely off the marketplace after buying Midway.

root beer tapper through the eyes of EA:

root beer tapper team deathmatch
root beer tapper SURVIVAL MODE
root beer tapper new characters and beer brands DLC (only 400 points!)

[quote name='AquaKnight']root beer tapper through the eyes of EA:

root beer tapper team deathmatch
root beer tapper SURVIVAL MODE
root beer tapper new characters and beer brands DLC (only 400 points!)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the exclusive Horde mode only available for the first month to those that pre-order and purchase at Gamestop

has anyone bought bust a move live? i'm reading up on it and the last posts on gamefaqs and the xbox boards is a while ago (no sale hype)

on top of that it seems like their matchmaking service is buggy, and the avatar may block some of the screen when you try to play against other people (making it unfair for 1p)

also i did notice the puzzle packs are dlc and are not included..

still kicking this one around for 400 points, but it would be nice to know people who have bought it or played the full version in the past.

any opinions?

[quote name='JDUB X']It's worse. EA just takes down the multiplayer of their games after a few years. Warner Bros took Rootbeer tapper completely off the marketplace after buying Midway.[/QUOTE]

Not just "Root Beer Tapper", UMK3 and "Gauntlet" are gone as well. Good thing I downloaded both before they bought Midway.
Was "Gauntlet 2" up as well?
Oh by the way, "Double Dragon" isn't on anymore as well.

OP do you have any idea of what next week's deal will be?

[quote name='Sarang01']Not just "Root Beer Tapper", UMK3 and "Gauntlet" are gone as well. Good thing I downloaded both before they bought Midway.
Was "Gauntlet 2" up as well?
Oh by the way, "Double Dragon" isn't on anymore as well.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah all the midway stuff is gone. I believe that is not the case on PS3 though which is what Gauntlet 2 is up on. Double Dragon and Speedball 2 were taken down when Empire interactive went out of business.

Its a pretty safe bet that it is not the publishers taking these things down. It is Microsoft when said publishers stop paying their hosting dues.

[quote name='JDUB X']It is Microsoft when said publishers stop paying their hosting dues.[/QUOTE]
I've never heard of MS charging developers/publishers hosting fees for DLC. I believe they just take a cut of each sale.

OP,

Arkedo Series - 02 SWAP! is also part of the deal of the week at 80 points for GOLD members.

Globe Clicker is 80 points for GOLD members as well.

[quote name='AquaKnight']has anyone bought bust a move live? i'm reading up on it and the last posts on gamefaqs and the xbox boards is a while ago (no sale hype)

on top of that it seems like their matchmaking service is buggy, and the avatar may block some of the screen when you try to play against other people (making it unfair for 1p)

also i did notice the puzzle packs are dlc and are not included..

still kicking this one around for 400 points, but it would be nice to know people who have bought it or played the full version in the past.

any opinions?[/QUOTE]

I just bought the game today. I haven't gotten too far in it yet. So far I've played 1P Puzzle Mode and had fun with it. I will warn you though, someone came online and the online bubble was right in front of the cannon making it impossible to see what color was next until the bubble went away. I wouldn't doubt those things you read on the board are true, but if you have 400 points lying around, it's not a bad pick up so far.

I will try and update tonight. I am at a rental property and they gave us the wrong key for the wifi and I can't get 3G to tether my phone. Wifi should be fixed by tonight... if not I will be back in civilization by Thursday night

Last edited by a moderator:
So I face a quality over quantity dilemma, I could get puzzle chronicles and gyromancer for 1200 points total or I could get puzzle quest 2. I enjoyed both the demos for the deal of the week games, I could get those and play the waiting game for puzzle quest 2 to drop.

Is there no way to save progress in Lost in Nightmares or Desperate Escape? I reached a checkpoint and quit the other day, figuring I could pick up where I left off but it doesn't give me an option to load a save from the menu (at least not for DLC, just the main story chapters).

[quote name='JSmurf']So I face a quality over quantity dilemma, I could get puzzle chronicles and gyromancer for 1200 points total or I could get puzzle quest 2. I enjoyed both the demos for the deal of the week games, I could get those and play the waiting game for puzzle quest 2 to drop.[/QUOTE]

Go for the sale. PQ2 is nice and all but PQ1 was far better, and I doubt I'd pay more than 400 on Puzz. Chron - but I still love the RPuzzleG format.

I would pass on Puzzle-Bobble LIVE aka Bust-a-Move LIVE...the bumpers do not adjust aim in one increment, but continuously, at a slightly lower rate than the analog stick. The game picks up analog drift immensely as well, so the game is no good IMO.

[quote name='dashrendar']Is there no way to save progress in Lost in Nightmares or Desperate Escape? I reached a checkpoint and quit the other day, figuring I could pick up where I left off but it doesn't give me an option to load a save from the menu (at least not for DLC, just the main story chapters).[/QUOTE]

I found this same issue.

[quote name='lordopus99']I found this same issue.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I guess I'll just play it when I've got a few hours to kill.

[quote name='dashrendar']Is there no way to save progress in Lost in Nightmares or Desperate Escape? I reached a checkpoint and quit the other day, figuring I could pick up where I left off but it doesn't give me an option to load a save from the menu (at least not for DLC, just the main story chapters).[/QUOTE]

You CANNOT save or continue in LiN or DE. If you start, you're in it to win it.

LiN progresses Mansion->Dungeon->Halls->Trap the big assholes->Final Battle if you need to know how far along you have got left.

DE I don't remember quite so specifically but when you are ascending the big hill, you're on your way to the final survival showdown.

[quote name='dgwillia006']According to QJ and SNK themselves its coming this wednesday (Which will make it a 3 release week o_O).[/QUOTE]

Cool. Immabuyit.

I liked the Geomancer demo, but 33% off seems weak. I sure wish MS permanently discounted games after they've been out for a year or so - but that's MS for you.

[quote name='spideymike']I liked the Geomancer demo, but 33% off seems weak. I sure wish MS permanently discounted games after they've been out for a year or so - but that's MS for you.[/QUOTE]That's digital distribution on consoles for you. X_x

[quote name='AquaKnight']does the free gold weekend mean silver members get these prices too?[/QUOTE]Nope.

Nor would you get them if you're using a 48 hour Gold Trial.

[quote name='sillymonkey321']Is the RE 5 DLC no longer at the sale price?[/QUOTE]

From the OP...

All sales are for one week. That sale started 9/6. It is over.

[quote name='mtxbass1']From the OP...

All sales are for one week. That sale started 9/6. It is over.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they ended the RE 5 dlc sale the day before the $29.99 gold/1year deal to spite me. Just me.

ign gave sonic adventure a 3.5 :( but they did give Sonic Adventure DX for gamecube a 5 and i loved that game, im not ruling it out yet, it was one of my favorite games for the gamecube, ill at least try the demo to see if the controls are really as bad as they say

i am pretty sure i bought something on sale on the free weekend before but maybe it was just something that had come down in price? a 48 hour card doesn't change you from silver status. does the weekend actually make your account gold during that time?

[quote name='360...']ign gave sonic adventure a 3.5 :( but they did give Sonic Adventure DX for gamecube a 5 and i loved that game, im not ruling it out yet, it was one of my favorite games for the gamecube, ill at least try the demo to see if the controls are really as bad as they say[/QUOTE]

I just recently beat Sonic Adventure on my Dreamcast... Its not as bad as they make it out to be, lol.

Sounds like the reviewer was expecting a HD Remix or something to that effect. The game is 11 years old give the graphics a break. They were amazing at the time. And the controls aren't that bad. And the camera, games of today still have camera problems. You learn to live with them.

I cant comment on the XBLA release since I wont be buying it. The DC version is just fine for me, seeing as how I already paid $50 for it on launch day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back