Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='EarthBoundX5']...so guwange reminded me, but what are everyone's thoughts on Triggerheart Exelica ever going DotW? I doubt it will ever hit it, but I am stuck between finally getting it and letting the spending count towards the promo, or keep holding out for it to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

The title is way too niche to be greatest hits and it's too old to draw much attention during a sale promotion. The game seems to be more or less forgotten by the XBLA promotional team at this point.It's a decent shooter with a unique mechanic. IMHO it's worth the $10.

As eastx said, Ikaruga went on sale at one point, but I think that's sort of the flagship shmup for XBLA. Maybe 1942 went on sale at one point. Shmups seem to rarely go on sale. I think you'll be waiting for a while for it to see a permanent price drop, but it's anyone's guess.

THey are releasing a DLC disc for RDR too. $30 gives you all the DLC (including the free stuff) and the multi-player component of RDR. It's a stand alone game, so you don't need RDR to play it.

What's the history like on games going on sale on XBLA more than once? I'd like to pick up Magic for 400 but its already been on sale once and I missed out.

I've spend 2000 MSP all from DotW sales and I only need 400 more to get qualified for the 800 MSP rebate promo.

I think dismemberment of zombie bodies is required for any zombie games, but looking at the recent trailer I don't think it's going to feature one.

If Undead Nightmare DLC for Red Dead Redemption turns out to be really fun and active on the online play, I would use that as a filler otherwise I would have to buy The Sacrifice DLC for Left 4 Dead 2, or the pathetic BFBC2 Onslaught Mode add-on.

[quote name='genfuyung']What's the history like on games going on sale on XBLA more than once? I'd like to pick up Magic for 400 but its already been on sale once and I missed out.[/QUOTE]

I think it was on sale twice already....still hope :applause:

[quote name='Diebythesword'][quote name='genfuyung']What's the history like on games going on sale on XBLA more than once? I'd like to pick up Magic for 400 but its already been on sale once and I missed out.[/QUOTE]
I think it was on sale twice already....still hope :applause:[/QUOTE]
Maybe it might come up if they do another "12 Days of Christmas"? That's been the only time they cranked out a huge number of prior DotW's all at once.

[quote name='nerdtown']so i got all 5 DLC pinball fx tables (already own the game) in anticipation of pinball fx 2 totaling 1040 points, plus sonic and knuckles for 240. Gonna get BF:BC 2 DLC for 400 and Pinball fx 2 for 800, grand total of 2480, that should do it right? ,even though i'm buying the battlefield stuff for a discount? i also spent 320 on indie games but i heard that doesn't count.[/QUOTE]
For Pinball FX2, you meant you're buying the "core" tables for 800pts, right, since the main product is free?
http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/63527/Pinball-FX-2
Since "Buccaneer" is already free to download, I'd avoid the "classic" pack, since that works out to 400pts per table.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']PSA that Outrun Arcade will be removed from XBLA next December.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/12/outrun-online-arcade-removed-from-psn-xbla-version-coming-down/[/QUOTE]
And on a similar note, the "MUA2 Character & Sim Mission Pack" (includes extra 5 characters, 4 missions, and 250GS) will only be available through THIS December, and then it'll be gone forever. It's never going to be a DotW, since it was brought back essentially through a pain-in-the-ass licensing agreement, so this might be something to consider if you have MUA2:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0003-0000-4000-8000-00004156082f?cid=SLink

[quote name='Cornelius']And on a similar note, the "MUA2 Character & Sim Mission Pack" (includes extra 5 characters, 4 missions, and 250GS) will only be available through THIS December, and then it'll be gone forever. It's never going to be a DotW, since it was brought back essentially through a pain-in-the-ass licensing agreement, so this might be something to consider if you have MUA2:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0003-0000-4000-8000-00004156082f?cid=SLink[/QUOTE]
Will you still be able to access it after December? Thanks for the info, though. I may pick this up.

[quote name='Gertle627']Will you still be able to access it after December? Thanks for the info, though. I may pick this up.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you will still be able to use it and redownload as necessary after December, you just won't be able to buy it after December.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yes, you will still be able to use it and redownload as necessary after December, you just won't be able to buy it after December.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a quote of them saying that somewhere? Because I'm pretty sure you can't redownload the MUA1 DLC right now even if you bought them, just like you can't redownload any XBLA games that have been removed.

[quote name='Cornelius']For Pinball FX2, you meant you're buying the "core" tables for 800pts, right, since the main product is free?
http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/63527/Pinball-FX-2
Since "Buccaneer" is already free to download, I'd avoid the "classic" pack, since that works out to 400pts per table.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's great! I didn't know about this. I went ahead and downloaded buccaneer for free. I remember playing the demo a long time ago but I didn't want to spent 10 dollars. Now when pinball fx 2 comes out, I can at least play one table for free.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Do you have a quote of them saying that somewhere? Because I'm pretty sure you can't redownload the MUA1 DLC right now even if you bought them, just like you can't redownload any XBLA games that have been removed.[/QUOTE]
Dash of Destruction was taken down but I can redownload by finding it through my Purchase History.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Because I'm pretty sure you can't redownload the MUA1 DLC right now even if you bought them, just like you can't redownload any XBLA games that have been removed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Skoad']Dash of Destruction was taken down but I can redownload by finding it through my Purchase History.[/QUOTE]

Same with Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. It's been gone for a while but I just downloaded it through my history a couple days ago.

[quote name='Thrinn'][quote name='Skoad']Dash of Destruction was taken down but I can redownload by finding it through my Purchase History.[/QUOTE]
Same with Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. It's been gone for a while but I just downloaded it through my history a couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay, that's good. I just remember some talk once on a thread here about Hexic HD not being redownloadable, and someone once saying they couldn't redownload one of the MUA DLC once it was gone. Maybe they do still keep everything available then.

I'm thinking about picking up th Gears of War 2 - All Fronts DLC. I really want to play the "Dark Corners" deleted single-player campaign. :bouncy:

To those who've played the "Dark Corners" DLC already, is it worth the discounted price of 400MS points?

[quote name='DrumsVocalsKeys']
To those who've played the "Dark Corners" DLC already, is it worth the discounted price of 400MS points?[/QUOTE]

I think so, it's a good 25-30minutes of solid gameplay and some achievement point if you care about that stuff.

yeah, I can't believe I over looked this GoW2 DLC for only 400, it seems all listed individually would be like 2000 points? freaking crazy! I will get it just out of a good deal principle and probably never touch the multiplayer, just want to be complete..

and what happens if I don't have MUA2 but want to get the DLC anyway in december? can I still download it?? (sorry, never tried dl'ing DLC for a game I didn't have :lol:)

[quote name='token2k6']and what happens if I don't have MUA2 but want to get the DLC anyway in december? can I still download it?? (sorry, never tried dl'ing DLC for a game I didn't have :lol:)[/QUOTE]
You'll be fine.

[quote name='DrumsVocalsKeys']I'm thinking about picking up th Gears of War 2 - All Fronts DLC. I really want to play the "Dark Corners" deleted single-player campaign. :bouncy:

To those who've played the "Dark Corners" DLC already, is it worth the discounted price of 400MS points?[/QUOTE]

Its like 25 dollars worth of DLC...for 5 bucks. Just buy it. The single player campaign part is more gears so thats always good and then you get like 18 new Horde and multiplayer maps.

[quote name='destro4eva']I think so, it's a good 25-30minutes of solid gameplay and some achievement point if you care about that stuff.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='token2k6']yeah, I can't believe I over looked this GoW2 DLC for only 400, it seems all listed individually would be like 2000 points? freaking crazy! I will get it just out of a good deal principle and probably never touch the multiplayer, just want to be complete..
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='genfuyung']Its like 25 dollars worth of DLC...for 5 bucks. Just buy it. The single player campaign part is more gears so thats always good and then you get like 18 new Horde and multiplayer maps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks gents! I was going to download it anyway (I had all the maps expect the latest Dark Corners variety) and just wants to get a couple additional opinions.

I just downloaded it. Thanks again.

[quote name='reddjoey']Added to OP

-November 3rd: The King of Fighter 2002 Unlimited Match - 800 Microsoft Points

Thanks for the PM Slermy[/QUOTE]

FINALLY! Been waiting for that forever :D, time to add it with all of my other SNK Fighters

Never played GeOW2 but loved the first. Debating whether I should pick up the pack for 400 pts or not. My question is if I were to go pick up a copy of GeOW 2 would I be lost on the multiplayer or could I still play & rise through the ranks?

I guess I want to know if the gears community is noob friendly. Thanks.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Never played GeOW2 but loved the first. Debating whether I should pick up the pack for 400 pts or not. My question is if I were to go pick up a copy of GeOW 2 would I be lost on the multiplayer or could I still play & rise through the ranks?

I guess I want to know if the gears community is noob friendly. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

they're having a halloween bonus exp event, which is like 31x multiplier I think, that should get you to level up quite a bit. It's not very noob friendly though, the online is kinda iffy. the game is worth grabbing at around $20 + $5 for the dlc anyways just for the campaign though, online is just an extra mode to play with, its still fun, its just not perfect.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Never played GeOW2 but loved the first. Debating whether I should pick up the pack for 400 pts or not. My question is if I were to go pick up a copy of GeOW 2 would I be lost on the multiplayer or could I still play & rise through the ranks?

I guess I want to know if the gears community is noob friendly. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Horde mode is 5-player co op, it's pretty friendly for a new player. It usually doesn't offer much XP, but with the Halloween event coming up, you'll be able to shoot up the ranks just playing Horde.

[quote name='jonathanp']Is the All Fronts DLC any different than what comes with the GOTY edition of Gears 2?[/QUOTE]

They're one in the same.

[quote name='Thrinn']They're one in the same.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Now, I don't have to hunt down a new copy of the game whenever I get time to play when my backlog allows.

[quote name='jonathanp']Is the All Fronts DLC any different than what comes with the GOTY edition of Gears 2?[/QUOTE]
The GOTY version comes with a code so as long as it's new you're good to go

I'm going to be offline for the switch tomorrow, so I adjusted the OP early. Here are the links for anyone looking for the ME2 deal

October 11th: "Mass Effect 2" GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Avatar - Blood Dragon Armor (Male/Female) - 160 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Avatar - Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Avatar - Suit (Male/Female) - 160 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Kasumi's Stolen Memory - 400 Microsoft Points - 29% off
-Overlord - 400 Microsoft Points - 29% off

On Monday, it should be the last day to get to get the GeOW2 DLC, so I left it in the OP. I should be able to edit the past around 3pm EST if anything else changes.

I don't get it is the GeOW2 DLC on sale or not? When I login to my 360 the deal showing is Mass Effect 2. The same is with Xbox.com. Has Gears of War 2 DLC been on sale all week as well?

Ok so Gears of War 2 All Fronts IS on sale for 400 as well. Is this deal not actually part of deal of the week? Because aside from checking here it isn't listed on Xbox Live or Xbox.com as being a deal. But if you search for it, it is showing up as 400 pts which is definitely a sale price.

Figured it out from MajorNelson.com

"Plus, to celebrate Gears of War 2 coming to Games on Demand, the All Fronts Collection will be 50% for both Gold and Silver Members until Monday, October 18."

So what is the officially pricing on Super Meat Boy? I have heard its 1200, and the Xbox Magazine reported it at 800 points...

Anyone have any insight or knowledge on it?

So the BFBC2 SPECACT DLC is just some different skins and a few award/achievements right? No real meat & potatoes as far as gameplay goes?

[quote name='Lock1454']So the BFBC2 SPECACT DLC is just some different skins and a few award/achievements right? No real meat & potatoes as far as gameplay goes?[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that some of it was even the free stuff you could get through the Dr. Pepper promotion. Still upset that Perfect Dark didn't win the voting.

I ultimately decided to go and buy the Mass Effect 2 dlc, so now I'm at 1200 for the month. I think I'm actually going to go ahead and buy the Ultimate Alliance 2 stuff as someone pointed out, I kind of forgot about it, planned to get it sooner or later, and it probably won't ever go on sale. Good time to get it now, basically get it for free.

That'll leave 400 points to spend...

[quote name='Lock1454']So the BFBC2 SPECACT DLC is just some different skins and a few award/achievements right? No real meat & potatoes as far as gameplay goes?[/QUOTE]

You are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back