Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arcade DLC works for the 2400/800 deal right? I need 400 points and might get some Trials HD DLC...

Oh and I can vouch for Lara Croft. That game is SO much fun with a friend. I played the whole thing thru with my GF (who hates 99.9% of videogames) and we had a blast. One of the best Co-op experiences out there.

[quote name='GenPirate']Deathspank seems fun but it's just another one of those "play it for a few days and never touch it again" arcade games.[/QUOTE]

lol I regret ever buying Minesweeper. That's one game I wish I could get a refund for.

[quote name='Darknuke']Arcade DLC works for the 2400/800 deal right? I need 400 points and might get some Trials HD DLC...

Oh and I can vouch for Lara Croft. That game is SO much fun with a friend. I played the whole thing thru with my GF (who hates 99.9% of videogames) and we had a blast. One of the best Co-op experiences out there.[/QUOTE]

It's add-on content so it should count.

[quote name='hufferstl']For those wanting to confirm how much they have spent toward the rebate, make sure you have at least 2400 points in the "Game Content" column.

https://billing.microsoft.com/points.aspx[/QUOTE]

Can anyone that bought pinball fx 2 tables look and see if it counts towards game content? I really wanted to finish of my rebate points with this but I'm afraid it will count as a hub like game room and not count towards my rebate.

[quote name='Darknuke']Arcade DLC works for the 2400/800 deal right? I need 400 points and might get some Trials HD DLC...[/QUOTE]
The new Hydro Thunder Hurricane DLC evidently counts, so I'd say you're safe.

With 400 points to go I finally settled on some rock band tracks. Bought the entire Pax 2009 song pack, and 2 of the 3 songs from the Pax 2008 song pack. Now to rock out on my plastic guitar to some nerd rock.

That's apparently next week. I just checked on my console and Risk is still showing as 800 on there too.

I'm glad I didn't do an impulse buy on Risk the last time I got some points on my account.

Xbox.com has been screwed up since the relaunch last week. Those are next week deals. If they were on sale the sale price woulsd be listed in a gold text. Check the JP DoTW if you want to see what that looks like

[quote name='hufferstl']For those wanting to confirm how much they have spent toward the rebate, make sure you have at least 2400 points in the "Game Content" column.

https://billing.microsoft.com/points.aspx[/QUOTE]
I don't have a 'game content' column. When I login, I get an account summary. Then I clicked on the Points link for an October summary of MS Points activity. The statement shows all transactions with Date, Desc., Details, Type, Amount, and Balance. The Type column says 'Game Content' for the ME2 DLC and 'Arcade Game' for arcade games.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']With 400 points to go I finally settled on some rock band tracks. Bought the entire Pax 2009 song pack, and 2 of the 3 songs from the Pax 2008 song pack. Now to rock out on my plastic guitar to some nerd rock.[/QUOTE]

I think Rockband Tracks don't count...

Finally settled on Lara Croft to round out my 2400. So it was Costume Quest and Lara Croft (plus free DLC!) for 2400 exactly. I'm very happy with these purchases. Also, if you're looking to spend 400 and haven't bought the Trials HD DLC, do it! That DLC has to be the bargain of the century, and such a great game. I can't wait for the next DLC to come out. Or at least I think it was 400 points. Anyway, totally worth it if you like Trials HD!

[quote name='Izod517']I think Rockband Tracks don't count...[/QUOTE]

I thought they did count since they are add ons like any other add on i.e. map packs, expansions, etc. The only thing that didn't count was Exporting Rock Band/Guitar Hero tracks into new versions of the game.

Haunted House and Bloody Good Time came out today.

As far as Rock Band tracks, it should count since it is add on content. Tweeted ~XboxSupport to double check and was told they do. Pinball FX tables as well. I will link to it later when I get to PC

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']Haunted House and Bloody Good Time came out today.

As far as Rock Band tracks, it should count since it is add on content. Tweeted ~XboxSupport to double check and was told they do. Pinball FX tables as well. I will link to it later when I get to PC[/QUOTE]

What is the price on BGT? I can't seem to DL/get a price point on Xbox.com

EDIT: Never mind. I found the correct page the one I had was the trailer page. 400 pts sounds reasonable.

[quote name='lordopus99']I thought they did count since they are add ons like any other add on i.e. map packs, expansions, etc. The only thing that didn't count was Exporting Rock Band/Guitar Hero tracks into new versions of the game.[/QUOTE]

Ah that might be it.

[quote name='Izod517']I think Rockband Tracks don't count...[/QUOTE]

As was already stated, the comment about Rock Band that you are most likely thinking about was the news that export codes for rock band 1, 2 or guitar hero don't count. That being said, I stayed away from RBN when looking for songs cause if indie games don't count then RBN could easily fall into that category and no one has mentioned it.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Bloody Good Time and that Haunted Mansion game are now available for download.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I was waiting for this game, but bought Alan Wake The Writer instead to satisfy my 2400 point promo. Bah guess I'll end up buying this just to make sure for sure I get my points at the the end of the month.

[quote name='eastx']Just a heads up that Haunted House is on sale for $10 on Steam right now, so the 360 version isn't really the best deal.[/QUOTE]

The Steam sale is 50% off $20 = $10.

It's $10 on Xbox Live right now.

So not sure what you mean.

Man Nov 3rd is gonna be a good week.... Snoopy and Blade Kitten for half off (Gotta get both of those), KoF 2002 AND Yugioh. Glad i waited on Costume Quest and Meat Boy

[quote name='puzzlefite']The Steam sale is 50% off $20 = $10.

It's $10 on Xbox Live right now.

So not sure what you mean.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, thought it was 1200 points on Live. My bad. ~ ~

[quote name='typical guy']Maybe its just me but I have this nagging feeling that costume quest will have a big discount in the next couple of months.[/QUOTE]

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if that happened. After all, it's a game that's heavily dependent on the season. But that just means that I couldn't wait till November to play it. They got a full 1200 MSP out of me, all right, but it was well worth it to play the game while we're still celebrating Halloween.

[quote name='rapsodist']I certainly wouldn't be surprised if that happened. After all, it's a game that's heavily dependent on the season. But that just means that I couldn't wait till November to play it. They got a full 1200 MSP out of me, all right, but it was well worth it to play the game while we're still celebrating Halloween.[/QUOTE]

It should be 800 points in no time. The game makes me think of Penny Arcade Adventures in that's it fun, but something than I can definitely hold off buying until it's on sale. I held out buying that on PS3 (just recently bought an Xbox 360) until it was available in a bundle for $14.99 (each episode was $9.99 at that time). Eventually they were $4.99 an episode, so I could have gotten an even better deal had I waited.

If you're wanting to play it now (or better yet have free time to play it- with RDR Undead Nightmare, MOH, Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2, I have no time for it), then 400 points isn't that big a deal (especially with the rebate offer).

Woah, always thought arcade games only came out on Wednesday so I'm surprised to see Bloody good time and the other released today. I have 400 points from the bing rewards program so I was planning on getting Risk next week but this flipped the script.

Has anyone played BGT or the trial yet? Downloading the trial now but would like some comments on it so my decision can be made..

Yay, Yu-Gi-Oh finally has a release date. Was waiting all October for it to show up, was starting to worry that it was canceled.

Costume quest is rad! Put me in the mood for halloween, good buy. Hopefully next year has a sequel. ALSO, is blade kitten good? I read some avg reviews. :)

[quote name='Cysquatch']Woah, always thought arcade games only came out on Wednesday so I'm surprised to see Bloody good time and the other released today. I have 400 points from the bing rewards program so I was planning on getting Risk next week but this flipped the script.

Has anyone played BGT or the trial yet? Downloading the trial now but would like some comments on it so my decision can be made..[/QUOTE]

According to xbox.com they were "released" yesterday. We all know they came out today.

I really hate how xbox.com and the marketplace have been broken since the redesign.

[quote name='reddjoey']According to xbox.com they were "released" yesterday. We all know they came out today.

I really hate how xbox.com and the marketplace have been broken since the redesign.[/QUOTE]Agreed that the new design blows. Some stuff that was easy to find is now a giant PITA.

Whoever thought this was a step forward on the Xbox site needs a smack with the Clue x 4.

Which reminds me, is the RDR Undead Nightmare pack discounted for Halloween, or will it always be $20?

I haven't seen anything to indicate that is a sale or only a limited time thing. I imagine it's that price to compete with the stand-alone disc

For those that recently bought Pinball Fx 2, is it possible to score achievements on it with the imported tables from the original FX? I ask this because I'm thinking rather than buying the new table pack just buying the first pinball fx game for the same ammount of points and then I would have two games with playable achievements to shoot for.

Don't get me wrong I would eventually grab the new tables too when I have the money but I'm thinking this is a better option for the time being.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']For those that recently bought Pinball Fx 2, is it possible to score achievements on it with the imported tables from the original FX? I ask this because I'm thinking rather than buying the new table pack just buying the first pinball fx game for the same ammount of points and then I would have two games with playable achievements to shoot for.

Don't get me wrong I would eventually grab the new tables too when I have the money but I'm thinking this is a better option for the time being.[/QUOTE]

Each table gives you 3 achievements for 50 points

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/pinball-fx-2/achievements/

Any opinions on Bloody Good Time? XBL is being fail for me and the download is taking millennium's. (Had it sitting up for about 2 damn hours and it barely was at 20%)

Wow, nice sales just in time for the 2400 promo to end ;). Fortunately I already got that covered (Toy Soldiers for 800, the 2 ME2 sale items for 400 each, and Lair of the Shadow Broker for 800).

On the 1st I'm buying Snoopy and probably Risk Factions.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Any opinions on Bloody Good Time? XBL is being fail for me and the download is taking millennium's. (Had it sitting up for about 2 damn hours and it barely was at 20%)[/QUOTE]

Just played it, definitely has an interesting concept behind it like if your character had been walikng around since the beginning of the game you won't be as fast unless you find a bed or couch to sleep in (which leaves you vulnerable). It's pretty impossible to camp too with the agents/hunters patrolling the map constantly. Not sure why the character needs to eat though. The weapons are cool too, my favorite was the frying pan...

I might buy it but I'm still on the fence.

Just noticed that Serious Sam HD The First Encounter is on sale for 800MSP (reg. 1200MSP). Don't know when the sale started or when it ends.

[quote name='eugaet']Just noticed that Serious Sam HD The First Encounter is on sale for 800MSP (reg. 1200MSP). Don't know when the sale started or when it ends.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that a couple days ago when checking on the wiki. I thought it was a typo until I checked the xbox site. Not 100% sure, but I think it's a permanent price drop.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Any opinions on Bloody Good Time? XBL is being fail for me and the download is taking millennium's. (Had it sitting up for about 2 damn hours and it barely was at 20%)[/QUOTE]

As someone who enjoys even the worst shooters out there (I enjoyed Rogue Warrior, nuff said) and plays at least a few new XBLA games weekly, I think Bloody Good Time takes the cake for worst XBLA game I've ever played.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']For those that recently bought Pinball Fx 2, is it possible to score achievements on it with the imported tables from the original FX? I ask this because I'm thinking rather than buying the new table pack just buying the first pinball fx game for the same ammount of points and then I would have two games with playable achievements to shoot for.
[/QUOTE]

You can't buy Pinball FX as a standalone game any more, it's been pulled. I managed to buy it this week as I had the trial version downloaded, if you look for it it's not there as an arcade game, only as an add on for Pinball FX 2.

But yes, if you manage buy it you can play it for achievements and then import the tables into 2 and get more achievements.

KOF 2002 UM is up if look under all arcade games. No ratings or boxart picture but the demo and full game are there. I plan on downloading the game right now, thought this wasn't supposed to be out till Wednesday? Looks like someone made a mistake.

Edit: It works but disconnects you from Live as soon as you play it, so no live play enabled yet.

[quote name='reddjoey']

October 25th: "BioShock 2 Content" GOLD MEMBERS ONLY

-Protector Trials
Tenenbaum desperately needs you to steal as much ADAM as possible, to help thwart Sofia Lamb's insane plan. Enter the Protector Trials: frantic combat challenges designed to push your mastery of weapons and Plasmids to the limit. The goal in each Trial is simple: get your Little Sister to an ADAM-rich corpse and keep her safe while she gathers precious ADAM. Opposition mounts as your Little Sister nears her goal -- will you survive the onslaught? Each Trial features three unique weapon and Plasmid load-outs, keeping the challenge fresh, as well as a fourth bonus load-out the player receives when all previous load-outs are completed. Adds 7 achievements totaling 100 points.

-Rapture Metro
6 new maps in Rapture Metro and melee mode where every blunt object is a golf club. Adds 3 achievements totaling 150 points.

-Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack
Expand your BioShock 2 multiplayer experience with a rank increase to 50 with Rank Rewards including a 3rd set of weapons upgrades. Plus, enjoy 20 new Trials, 2 new playable characters and 5 new Masks. Yes! We’d thought you’d like the sound of that! Adds 0 achievements.

[/QUOTE]

Hey I see theres an achievement for getting to rank 50 and its worth 100 points, but it says you buy the rank increase of 50 through the sinclair solutions tester pack.

Confused can anyone help me with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back