Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not buying anything till I see what Friday's sales look like. Might end up with Madden arcade if it isn't bad, haven't had a football game since Madden 08 which is just collecting dust in a closet.

Must resist Nirvana pack 2 though, as I am quickly running out of HDD space... and even Lady Gaga, I like adding variety to my Rock Band track list... just not sure if I want it that varied.

I wish I'd only paid $2 for 'Splosion Man. Well, truth be told, I wish I'd paid nothing for it and never gotten it. Others like it, though.

I'm probably going to hold off on Portal Still Alive and save my points for Trials HD Big Thrills DLC and Marvel DLC for Pinball FX 2.

score! Got mine as well! Now Bing just needs to straighten up and fly right. I have 200 points in Limbo and they changed the 100 point rewards to 400

[quote name='Joartrak']score! Got mine as well! Now Bing just needs to straighten up and fly right. I have 200 points in Limbo and they changed the 100 point rewards to 400[/QUOTE]

Glad to know someone else has Bing rewards in limbo. I've been waiting on 300 MSP for a few weeks now. Also, my rebate came in too \\:D/

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Finally got my 800pts rebate...woohoo![/QUOTE]

Sweet! My points showed up today too. I know I checked this morning and they weren't there yet. Now I have more options for Friday :)

[quote name='bsmiff']Glad to know someone else has Bing rewards in limbo. I've been waiting on 300 MSP for a few weeks now. Also, my rebate came in too \\:D/[/QUOTE]

Yeah for awhile there it was all same day email delivery but have not seen anything in like 3 weeks, jerks!

I have a question about those rock band 3 track packs. Do they also work in rock band 2 or only in rock band 3? They say it is for rock band 3 on the dashboard but are they backwards compatiable for rock band 2? I so would buy all 3 packs if it plays on rock band 2 until i get RB3 when the guitar comes out.

[quote name='reddjoey']The Rock Band track packs are for RB2.[/QUOTE]

You sure i went into the sale section on the dashboard and they listed it as rock band 3 dlc.

1) They were released waaaaaayyy before RB3
2) All RB1, RB2, And RB3 titles are listed for RB3, because they work for it
3) Click on the link in the OP and look on the left hand side. It lists what it works with

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I have a question about those rock band 3 track packs. Do they also work in rock band 2 or only in rock band 3? They say it is for rock band 3 on the dashboard but are they backwards compatiable for rock band 2? I so would buy all 3 packs if it plays on rock band 2 until i get RB3 when the guitar comes out.[/QUOTE]

I think any DLC released before RB3 (10/26) works with them all. Any released after RB3 only works on RB3. The track packs in the OP are pre-RB3.

Rebate received...

Trials HD here I come...

Hopefully some other old releases will be discounted 75% from 800 to 200 on Friday. I'm talking to you Ikaruga.

Ditto the reports of the 800 point rebate. Now I'm ready for Marvel PinFX2 DLC... if I don't spend it before then. :) Oh, and already have 400 set aside for Trials HD Big Thrills!

[quote name='Koopler']Puzzle Quest 2 is tempting at 800. Is it worth it for someone who's not into puzzle games?[/QUOTE]

Not at all, no. In PUZZLE quest, you spend a majority of the game playing a puzzle verses another character/enemy.

Try the demo...

Eeeeeeeeeehehehe Monkey Island Twooooooooo. And yep, my rebate points came in too, so didn't have to buy any more =)

Why are so many people convinced that Microsoft is going to do something special Friday? They're offering these sales now for almost a full week as is.

cuz they said they would be some games up to 80% off on black friday

Taken from majornelsons blog

Most places have Black Friday deals that last for one-day only. We’ve decided that you’ll need almost a full week to get in on these savings. These prices are available for BOTH Xbox LIVE Gold and Free members*. In addition, come back to my blog on Friday November 26th when I’ll have another post of special one-day sales with savings of up to 80% off.

http://majornelson.com/default.aspx

SEEE

"Most places have Black Friday deals that last for one-day only. We’ve decided that you’ll need almost a full week to get in on these savings. These prices are available for BOTH Xbox LIVE Gold and Free members*. In addition, come back to my blog on Friday November 26th when I’ll have another post of special one-day sales with savings of up to 80% off."

From Major Nelsons blog

The waiting, for me, comes from being a Steam sale vet. Nothing like freaking out and buying some awesome game for 50% off only to have it be 80% off the next day.

Not only that but more and more of the Friday deals are coming to light which only makes people sit on those points even harder.

Just noticed my 800 points from the October Promotion got posted to my account... right in time. Combined with the $10 off a 1600 points card when purchasing Mass Effect 2 at Kmart (hopefully) on Black Friday, I should be able to get Monkey Island 2, Serious Sam SE, and Puzzle Quest II - and still have some left over just in case there are additional deals posted on Friday.

Fantastic!

I sure hope that my points from one of the last promotions get added (as of now nothing from the October games or the 1600 ms points for renewing for two years) so that I have a decent supply just in case Friday's deals are insanely good!

[quote name='killer9']cuz they said they would be some games up to 80% off on black friday

Taken from majornelsons blog

Most places have Black Friday deals that last for one-day only. We’ve decided that you’ll need almost a full week to get in on these savings. These prices are available for BOTH Xbox LIVE Gold and Free members*. In addition, come back to my blog on Friday November 26th when I’ll have another post of special one-day sales with savings of up to 80% off.

http://majornelson.com/default.aspx

SEEE[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet that Splosion Man is going to be the only title at 80% off. We'll see.

[quote name='reddjoey']1) They were released waaaaaayyy before RB3
2) All RB1, RB2, And RB3 titles are listed for RB3, because they work for it
3) Click on the link in the OP and look on the left hand side. It lists what it works with[/QUOTE]

Hamonix really need to make it easier for consumers know what DLC works with what games and how is it different when play with different games.
Not only whether or not it works with RB, RB2, Lego RB etc…. it's also hard to know if the DLC is enhanced for RB3.

hey alright my 800 points were just added to my account. for whatever reason i feel like im going to be severely disapointed with whatever they have on sale for friday. ah well. heres to hoping im wrong

(special one day release discount for xmen arcade? 400 points u say?)
aaaaah... i love the smell of hope before dreams are crushed

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm willing to bet that Splosion Man is going to be the only title at 80% off. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

halo 1
gta san andreas will be selling for 400msp each on friday aswell

[quote name='taylort3']hey alright my 800 points were just added to my account. for whatever reason i feel like im going to be severely disapointed with whatever they have on sale for friday. ah well. heres to hoping im wrong

(special one day release discount for xmen arcade? 400 points u say?)
aaaaah... i love the smell of hope before dreams are crushed[/QUOTE]

If you hope for something ridiculous, of course you will be disappointed. Best to be realistic.

I'm picking up Halo 1 at that price. The last time I played a FPS was on the PC back when Quake was new. (I tried Halo 3 when I first got my 360, but quit in frustration after 20 mins. and didn't pick it back up).

I bought Madden Arcade today and couldn't believe how long the legal agreement was. That they showed AFTER I made the non-refundable purchase. I don't play much online so I declined but am irked that they would do that. Nobody else does EA. I love their games but they are a pain in the butt of a company.

Looking forward to the other deals this week.

Just tried the Madden Arcade demo. It's definitely my kind of simple football. However all the achievements seem to be entirely for online play. Anyone know if that community is even still around? I imagine the vast majority played it and moved on.

Here I was going to pick up Mega Man 10 today. I'm going to wait and see what the special deals are on Friday before pulling the trigger. There may be something better to spend the points on (400 MSP Minerva's Den DLC maybe?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back