Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't like to buy things unless they are in 400 points denominations otherwise there'll be leftover points and i have to buy a new points card.

i have 800 points left so it goes to trials hd and another 400 point game.

Friday's sales will probably suck or at least not be much more than what we already know, but all the other sales go to the 29th, so why not wait and see?

And got my 800 points back as well, sweet. Costume quest, limbo, and meat boy. Which was 800 over anyway, but the first two were must owns and meat boy was after I tried it. If there's one defining thing I love about this generation, it's freaking downloadable titles. Quick, cheap, and sometimes completely amazing concepts that would never work in a $60 box.

I'm hoping that Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing DLC goes on sale Friday. My son has 400 points left and he really wants Metal Sonic, but that plus the track or whatever comes with it is over 400. So a sale for 400 would do fine.

For myself, I'm hoping for a sale on... well I don't know what really. I'm definitely going to buy Big Thrills DLC (Trials HD), Marvel DLC (Pinball FX 2) and the Costume Quest DLC all as soon as they're available. So I'm not sure I'm even going to buy any of the sale games unless they are really amazing deals. It's not like I'll really need much else given those definite purchases.

Is Madden NFL Arcade any good? I've been thinking about getting it for a while but I'm afraid if I do, EA will pull the plug on the Live servers soon after.

Picked up Portal, PQ2, M:TG and Serious Sam: TSE. I absolutely love this thread but I hate how these sales nickle and dime the shit out of me.
I have 12 arcade games now that I've bought but still haven't played yet.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']how much do you guys think the possibility is in order for pac-man championship edition dx to be on this bf sale?[/quote]

0%.

[quote name='ZForce915']MvC2 please? I passed on a sale on that before and now I'm ready to give it a go.[/QUOTE]

MvC2 has been on sale at least twice so far, I'm pretty sure, so maybe it will again...but personally I'm really hoping for a Final Fight sale already.

I may just snag that Alan Wake DLC if nothing else. Have 1320 points, and may use some Bing Rewards points for Marvel PinballFX2 DLC.

[quote name='ZForce915']MvC2 please? I passed on a sale on that before and now I'm ready to give it a go.[/QUOTE]

Im waiting on this as well. I passed on it, Trials HD, and Splosion Man during Summer of Arcade. I was craving some MvC2 the other day. Id like to see a reason to buy it, like < 400.
Id like to grab all 3 and the Trials DLC.

Marvel VS Capcom 3 is only like 3 months away, but I suppose 2'd be nice to have if you missed the other 2 or 3 times it was on sale.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']How much do you guys think the possibility is in order for Pac-Man Championship Edition DX to be on this BF sale?[/QUOTE]

The first Pac-Man Championship Edition never went on sale.
I don't think Pac-Man CE DX will go on sale either.
It is more than worth the $10.
Is waiting a year or two really worth saving $5
to play a game you'd like to play right nao.
You could die in a horrible carpet fire tomorrow, then what?

[quote name='norkusa']Is Madden NFL Arcade any good? I've been thinking about getting it for a while but I'm afraid if I do, EA will pull the plug on the Live servers soon after.[/QUOTE]

EA still has active online roster updates and the community is still out there...actually rather large....be prepared to go ape shit though as the game is cheap and has made me rage quite a bit. Fun and worth it though.

[quote name='P a t r i c k']Picked up Portal, PQ2, M:TG and Serious Sam: TSE. I absolutely love this thread but I hate how these sales nickle and dime the shit out of me.
I have 12 arcade games now that I've bought but still haven't played yet.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me, I got the free Madden Arcade with the preorder of Madden 11 at BB. Haven't touched it yet. Mega Man 10 I got last time it was 400 pts, tried it once. Plan on getting Trials and Splosion Man this week on sale, and want the new Pac-Man as well, plus whatever else tempts me(PQ2 I'm looking hard at you too). You know we're really CAGs when our arcade games are growing a backlog.

Oh yeah, that Undertow game when it was free, and that Yaris game too....curse you backlog.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']How much do you guys think the possibility is in order for Pac-Man Championship Edition DX to be on this BF sale?[/QUOTE]

Good god, do you want crazy taxi on friday for 400 aswel?
[quote name='gordojones88']The first Pac-Man Championship Edition never went on sale.

.[/QUOTE]
He was saying will it go on sale THIS FRIDAY

Double facepalm

Although i did quite enjoy the last line :lol:

glad I didn't get the Lady Gaga tracks when it was spend 2400 get 800 ms points.

...and strange they're only offerring 2 SSFIV avatar outfits, Chun Li yes, very popular but someone a bit more famous than Dudley the gentlemenly boxer.

[quote name='bsmiff']Glad to know someone else has Bing rewards in limbo. I've been waiting on 300 MSP for a few weeks now. Also, my rebate came in too \\:D/[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was on Xbox.com and saw 300 points for my balance, but then logged into my XBLA account on the system and saw 1100. One thing I noticed is that for some reason my XBLA was showing me as "opted out" of Xbox communications for promotions and offers. It seems as if once I "opted in", I got my 800 points soon after.

[quote name='gordojones88']The first Pac-Man Championship Edition never went on sale.

.[/QUOTE]

No, the first Pacman CE did go on sale. A couple times. Most games like this do if you just wait a bit.

[quote name='seanr1221']I hope Costume Quest goes on sale, but I'm not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't take long for it to go on sale. It's a seasonal game so no sales after Halloween...

Damn, that's a hot deal on Splosion Man!! Now I've got to change my gameplan to be online early to grab it before they sell out. Anyone know if there's a purchase limit? If not, I'm in for 10. I might flip a few of these suckers on Ebay, save some for gifts.... Whoa!! Wait a minute... I'm too much in BF mode... nevermind.

Would be great to see Costume Quest or Lara Croft on BF sale :)

.[/QUOTE]

The original may have never went on sale (edit: I see that somebody said it did), but it did get included with a disc compilation of Namco games that is pretty solid. Only problem is you have to put the disc in. I won't be shocked at all if there ends up being a new Namco Museum that includes either DX, or perhaps both versions on disc. Just a matter of when, I suspect.

[quote name='typical guy']It shouldn't take long for it to go on sale. It's a seasonal game so no sales after Halloween...[/QUOTE]

You would be wrong there. Christmas DLC is soon to arrive. They are making it 4 seasons trick or treating. :)

Any chance of that Red Dead pack seeing a discount on Friday? Id buy it full price. Id just be annoyed if I did and it somehow went on sale for 25% ($5) off or something.

[quote name='knotfan123']in for monkey island 2...I liked the first one so figured for 400 points it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

If you liked the first, the second is just as good, if not better.

I have 2850 MS points that I'm going to blow on Friday. I'm hoping for a good deal on Trails. If Trails is on sale Friday should I also pick up the Trails DC since it is also on sale?

When exactly are we going to find out what the rest of the sale items are? Is there even going to be a heads-up at all?

[quote name='spoo']I have 2850 MS points that I'm going to blow on Friday. I'm hoping for a good deal on Trails. If Trails is on sale Friday should I also pick up the Trails DC since it is also on sale?[/QUOTE]

i had to read this a few times. you meant trials. yes you should pick up the dlc also, if you like the game.

[quote name='Vortextk']If there's one defining thing I love about this generation, it's freaking downloadable titles. Quick, cheap, and sometimes completely amazing concepts that would never work in a $60 box.[/QUOTE]

Amazing point. Many of the well-known titles continually disappoint me now...As for PSN/XBLA titles, I can say that I'm usually impressed, especially for the price.

Meat Boy is probably the most enjoyable 8bit(?) platformer that I've played.

[quote name='probin74243']Damn, that's a hot deal on Splosion Man!! Now I've got to change my gameplan to be online early to grab it before they sell out. Anyone know if there's a purchase limit? If not, I'm in for 10. I might flip a few of these suckers on Ebay, save some for gifts....[/QUOTE]

I thought you were serious...

I will most def be picking up Splosion Man Friday, could be fun to play with a friend online.

Nirvana Pack 2 for 240 points doesn't seem that bad either since your saving 240 points basically.

It would be nice if Perfect Dark, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Castle Crashers would go on sell too :)

[quote name='BlueSwim']When exactly are we going to find out what the rest of the sale items are? Is there even going to be a heads-up at all?[/QUOTE]

Probably not.

[quote name='thehoweller']Amazing point. Many of the well-known titles continually disappoint me now...As for PSN/XBLA titles, I can say that I'm usually impressed, especially for the price.
[/QUOTE]

So true, I just got Stardust HD and Pacman DX for the PS3, and it's all sorts of awesome!

[quote name='BlueSwim']When exactly are we going to find out what the rest of the sale items are? Is there even going to be a heads-up at all?[/QUOTE]

they will be all day deals on friday they wont run out also u can check major nelsons blog he might have um up thursday night

http://majornelson.com/default.aspx

[quote name='killer9']they will be all day deals on friday they wont run out also u can check major nelsons blog he might have um up thursday night

http://majornelson.com/default.aspx[/QUOTE]

From the Major's site:

"Most places have Black Friday deals that last for one-day only. We’ve decided that you’ll need almost a full week to get in on these savings. These prices are available for BOTH Xbox LIVE Gold and Free members*. In addition, come back to my blog on Friday November 26th when I’ll have another post of special one-day sales with savings of up to 80% off."

For the east coasters, don't forget the Major is west coast based. We probably won't see the blog update until 10am at the earliest.

According to NeoGaf, the deals for Friday will be...

160 Microsoft Points:
Greed Corp
Splosion Man
TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-shelled
The Force Unleashed - Starkiller Lightsaber (Avatar prop)

400 Microsoft Points:
Rock Band - Creedence Clearwater Revival Song Pack
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Halo: Combat Evolved
Trials HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back