Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbed Monkey Island SE 2 before sale ran out, have the first from a previous deal but haven't gotten to it yet.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I can't decide on PQ2! I just got it for DS and having it on 2 platforms seems unnecessary, despite knowing I could get some MP with friends on 360.[/QUOTE]

I have it for XBLA, and just bought it for DS for $10.89. My reasoning is I can't think of a more addictive game to play when I'm on the go. I got it for XBLA for the multi-player, and having it on DS means I can play it anywhere I want whenever I want.

[quote name='thehoweller']Definitely going to buy all, or almost all of those XBL:Indie Titles. It's insane that Microsoft doesn't advertise for them...The quality rivals half the games they, themselves release.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair probably 80% of the stuff released under Indie Games is absolutely horrible and has the words massage or fart in the title.

Off topic rant about Indie Games:
Not to go off topic, but Indie games does have a lot of potential, but part of what makes it so strong also hurts it. The fact that basically anyone with any ability can make and publish something will lead to the cheap but awesome to play "I made a game with zombies in it" type of games that wouldn't exist if it cost tons of money to make them, but mostly the previously mentioned fart stuff floods the service.

If they could find some balance between the low entry cost and quality it would be a goldmine of fantastic titles. And I keep saying, put in some restrictions, and allow Indie games to have a maximum of 8 achievements worth a total of 40g and the sales will improve dramatically. (Lots of ways you could curb abuse, no press start for 40g achievements, minimum of 4 achievements per game, just make it an extra part of the community approval process)

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']MSRP cannot be quite a deal! It burns my eyes to read this.[/QUOTE]

The poster was referring to the fact that the game has a ton of content for 800 points and that, therefore, the title is a good value. I also think ilomilo looks extremely polished and like a good expenditure of 800 MSP.

Here's the info about the DotW sales that should start sometime today, straight from Major Nelson:

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/11/29/deal-of-the-week-various-arcade-titles.aspx

-----

This week, Xbox LIVE Gold members can get the following Xbox LIVE Arcade titles for 50% off their normal price:

Worms 2: Armageddon is now 400 Points
Band of Bugs is now 400 Points
Earthworm Jim HD is now 400 Points
Centipede & Millipede is now 200 Points

These prices will be available for Xbox LIVE Gold members until Monday December 6th.

-----

In for EWJ, good old fashion platformer. If you enjoyed SNES EWJ it's worth the pick up - and the avatar awards are pretty awesome.

Really nice to see the Indies getting organized. I hate what they did to them in the lastest update. They deserved better... well... not the "try not to fart" guys and their ilk, but the good ones deserved better ;)

Hope they get some more attention with their "Winter Uprising" effort

Pulled the trigger on portal eventhough I already beat it from the Orange box, since I loaned it out and couldn't find it, might as well!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Might have to cave and get a $18 card at BB today.[/QUOTE]

Why leave the house? Amazon has the digital download version of 1600 points on sale for $17.99. I was wondering why they did that. Now I know.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']...allow Indie games to have a maximum of 8 achievements worth a total of 40g and the sales will improve dramatically.[/QUOTE]
This sounds nice, but I think it would only lead to the creation of "Massaged nether-regions for 10 minutes - 10 points!"

Earthworm Jim is worth $5 just to spam the "Groovy" screen and to hear "Whoa-Nelly" during "Andy Asteroids?". You also get 2 Avatar Awards (Jim's Suit and a T-Shirt)

As far as the games goes, it's not a definitive version you would hope for. It is a port of a remake with some more remade assets. They added new levels/sounds/etc, then some remastered original sounds and multiplayer. They also took out some things (a secret level and a level added in the Sega CD SE). Overall, you may or may not notice depending on what version you played.

As far as Band of Bugs, I wasn't a fan. It's not my kind of game. If you like simple-ish turn based strategy, try the demo.

Worms is easily recommend for $5 and there is plenty to play and the gameplay is easy enough.

Does anyone have an opinion on Centipede/Millipede w/o a trackball? (Not that I'm good enough for that to matter)

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't get into the demo of Band of Bugs the last time it was on sale and I'm a turn based strategy fan (I've probably logged more hours on Advance Wars 2 than any other single game). I'll give it another look though.

Put me in the same boat as those who bought Worms 2 last year but still haven't played it. The gameplay has a nice Scorched Earth feel to it but it keeps getting put on the back burner for some reason.

[quote name='Kerig']Why leave the house? Amazon has the digital download version of 1600 points on sale for $17.99. I was wondering why they did that. Now I know.

[/QUOTE]

I was all set to order this but I get charged tax. The order comes to $19.32. I guess a savings of $0.67 is still savings.

Gah! I wanted to save the points I have for inevitable Christmas deals in hopes that they have 80% off more games, but for Earthworm Jim, I might have to make an exception. Now, I just need a deal on Rocket Knight!

[quote name='reddjoey']
Does anyone have a opinion on Centipede/Millipede w/o a trackball? (Not that I'm good enough for that to matter)[/QUOTE]

Pretty easy really.

Do you like Centipede/Millipede?
Do you have 200 spare points?
Do you like achievements?

If yes to all, then buy it. I plan on it.

Earthworm Jim and Centipede/Millipede will be in my queue.

Does anyone know if Band of Bugs is any good? Is it worth the 400 points?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Pretty easy really.

Do you like Centipede/Millipede?
Do you have 200 spare points?
Do you like achievements?

If yes to all, then buy it. I plan on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Double thanks for not pointing out my bad grammar. :)

all the games on sale are worth buying. i've got them all and have enjoyed them all, especially for each of them being $5 or less can't beat it. anyone notice that in the 'deal of the week' it shows Assault Heroes but when you click on it, it's not showing up as part of the sale? I already have the game though, but i'm sure someone is probably wondering what's going on with that as well. earthworm jim I picked up and am liking it. gamerpics, avatar awards, online play and a classic game...must buy for $5

[quote name='intoxicated662']anyone notice that in the 'deal of the week' it shows Assault Heroes but when you click on it, it's not showing up as part of the sale?[/QUOTE]

Ya I noticed that, it was also on the actual DOTW site too, but it was listed at 400, isn't that regular?

[quote name='Kerig']
This sounds nice, but I think it would only lead to the creation of "Massaged nether-regions for 10 minutes - 10 points!"[/QUOTE]

Theoretically that wouldn't pass the community standards, but yes, that is more or less the concern with giving indie games achievements. I think unfortunately for the service to be taken seriously they may have to simply invoke some sort of "standard of quality" even if it's just a general vote by the community requiring a certain number of users voting. I.E. your game can't make it onto the service unless it gets an average rating of 70% by the community with a minimum of 100 votes in a said time frame. I dunno 100% for sure how, but I feel there is a way to save the indie games channel from the purgatory it currently resides in while preserving the "openness" of it at the same time.

[quote name='JamesFerguson']I was all set to order this but I get charged tax. The order comes to $19.32. I guess a savings of $0.67 is still savings.[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing those Amazon cards for $17.99.

Will be getting Millipede/Centipede and Earthworm Jim... Missed out on Worms 2 last year, but I prolly will skip it this time intentionally.... Dont get me wrong its a great game at a great price, but cant afford more points at the moment (wish my Bing Reward points would show up....)

Darn you MS and your deals of the week. I'm sick of buying games that I will not play but really want to... can we please have a week off with a crappy game of the week?

I can;t look through DotW anymore. I'm so interested, but I have to hold myself back. I have 3 dollars left in my account, and I can't buy anymore points till the end of the year, for those sales. I mean, the 3DS, Gears of War 3, Arkham City, and another Assassin's Creed are coming out next tear, not to mention games I can't afford to get like Portal 2. And I only have 80 dollars saved up so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back