Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Fearbeard']So how has this topic not been stickied?

It's been my source for DOTW info for ages.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I check this thread pretty much daily.

[quote name='Fearbeard']So how has this topic not been stickied?

It's been my source for DOTW info for ages.[/QUOTE]

Same reason JP's GS one isn't.

I'd imagine because:
1) It's not "official"
2) It could go south real fast
3) The post count means the thread needs to be reset on occasion (speaking of which, a new one will go up for 2011 after New Year's Day)
4) I don't know

Ended up getting Tetris for 400. I somewhat regret it, but oh well. I'll also be getting Feeding Frenzy 2. The Mrs. and I loved the first one, so this one is a must-buy because of the co-op inclusion. :bouncy:

[quote name='reddjoey']Same reason JP's GS one isn't.

I'd imagine because:
1) It's not "official"
2) It could go south real fast
3) The post count means the thread needs to be reset on occasion (speaking of which, a new one will go up for 2011 after New Year's Day)
4) I don't know[/QUOTE]

Well Thanks Reddjoey for keeping it up to date! This is the only thread that keeps me coming back to CAG on regular basis.

did anyone else buy the "1 Month of Xbox Live Gold for $1 + free Noble 6 Helmet" and not get the avatar helmet? Mine just went into effect and I got an email about it but no code for the helmet.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']did anyone else buy the "1 Month of Xbox Live Gold for $1 + free Noble 6 Helmet" and not get the avatar helmet? Mine just went into effect and I got an email about it but no code for the helmet.[/QUOTE]

I did. Mine doesn't kick in till Feb 2011 and they sent out the email several weeks ago. I'd call Xbox Support and see if they can give you a new code

Edit:

From MN Podcast
CoD Black-Ops - First Strike DLC out Feb 1st, 2011 @ 1200 MSP. 4 Maps & 1 Zombie Map

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']I got my Noble 6 helmet code in an email a few weeks ago. I had to buy a whole year of Live to get it though.[/QUOTE]

Still haven't gotten my code yet. I'm guessing you don't get it until your membership renews for the $30 offer. Going to be waiting a while on that mine isn't up until like may. Sigh.

Relatives a few states away sent me a 4000 point Christmas card, unexpected and awesome! Of course my wife knocked out 1/4 of it already for Bejeweled 2, Zuma, and UnoRush. I can't complain as the points came from her sister and I'll use the rest during the upcoming sale. Just wanted to say that I love this thread and keep up the good work OP.

FYI Super Meat Boy can be bought for $10 real money at any time right now if you buy the code at Gamestop. The cards that are scanned for the code (although the employee can sell the game without the card) all say $9.99 on them.

Hey reddjoey,

How did you get that Child's Play avatar shirt? I know that Epic games did a thing where fans could vote whether Carmine lived or died and the funds generated would go to that charity, but I didn't know there was a way to get a unique Child's Play shirt too. Is it a donation thing to Penny Arcade or is it like their PAX shirts where you have to attend an event and they give you a redeemable code?

Thanks in advance, just curious. :)

[quote name='fei33']Hey reddjoey,

How did you get that Child's Play avatar shirt? I know that Epic games did a thing where fans could vote whether Carmine lived or died and the funds generated would go to that charity, but I didn't know there was a way to get a unique Child's Play shirt too. Is it a donation thing to Penny Arcade or is it like their PAX shirts where you have to attend an event and they give you a redeemable code?

Thanks in advance, just curious. :)[/QUOTE]

It was sold at the same time as the other shirts and is no longer available on the marketplace. I regret not buying it lol.

[quote name='yamayama']It was sold at the same time as the other shirts and is no longer available on the marketplace. I regret not buying it lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I wish I had gotten it too. I had initially thought all the XBOX 360 Avatar stuff was silly, but after reading a Penny Arcade post by Tycho and how he explains it's like giving a tip to developers or charity I ended up changing my thoughts on it. I usually buy most of my content on Deals of the Week or during promotions so I've saved enough Microsoft Points where doing that seems reasonable.

Hydrophobia will be discounted from 1200 MS -> 800 MS points. This discount will be tomorrow (maybe its permanent)

Source : A dutch gaming website (gamer.nl)

Maybe this is the first Deal of the day:lol:

Interesting about Hydrophobia. I was always intrigued by that game, but I like the demo better than what I understand the game does later. I like the hazards and escapes, but knowing that later there is gunplay takes my interest down a notch.

[quote name='reddjoey']ScrewAttack has Hydrophobia up for a SAGY for Worst Downloadable game. It currently only has 19/623 votes though. So it's a best of the worst as of right now.

New deals look like they are up[/QUOTE]

From what I heard its not bad?

[quote name='typical guy']From what I heard its not bad?[/QUOTE]

The game isn't terrible, from what I understand.. The PR department leaping down your throat because you aren't playing the game right is bad.

[quote name='reddjoey']ScrewAttack has Hydrophobia up for a SAGY for Worst Downloadable game. It currently only has 19/623 votes though. So it's a best of the worst as of right now.

New deals look like they are up[/QUOTE]

That's a damn shame because it's a good game that many people have overlooked. It's got some of the best water physics around.

[quote name='utopianmachine']The game isn't terrible, from what I understand.. The PR department leaping down your throat because you aren't playing the game right is bad.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard that but it seems pretty funny! 10 bucks is a pretty good price.

[quote name='Stephan123']Here is Eurogamer with the news about Hydrophobia
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-20-hydrophobia-revamp-announced[/QUOTE]
Very interesting! I was pretty intrigued by this game initially-- I love the Poseidon Adventure and disaster/escape stuff like this-- but the reviews scared me away. I wonder if the game will actually get re-reviewed anywhere if this update really does change it so drastically.

Added a note about Hydrophobia under the Holiday/Daily.

I'm curious, but not sure at $10. I usually take reviews with a grain of salt, but like Ryuukishi said, I was scared off by them. If it's a "re-vamp" I'll certainly give it a try

I agree...if they actually made some significant changes, I'll pick it up. I was bored of the original demo.

Seems like they threw their temper-tantrum, got over it, and changed things around.

[quote name='mtxbass1']That's a damn shame because it's a good game that many people have overlooked. It's got some of the best water physics around.[/QUOTE]

Hurray for water physics?

here's a list of what they're changing for hydrophobia, from Joystiq. I will definitely be picking this up at the reduced price now:
Graphics

• Improved Graphics
  • Character dynamic self-shadowing
  • Enhanced lighting
  • Improved textures
  • Better water spray effects
  • Improved water reflection and refraction
  • Enhanced electricity effects
  • Environmental geometry tweaks
  • Additional video texture work

Physics

• Physics Enhancements
  • Increased number of dynamic objects
  • More realistic character water resistance
  • Explosive forces re-balanced

Controls, Cameras, Animation

• Overhauled Camera System
  • Camera positioned closer to character
  • Improved tracking of the action
  • Enhanced collision detection
  • Better FOV for framing the action
  • Improved Movement and Animations
  • More fluid and precise character control
  • Improved character animations add realism
  • Enhanced animation transitions make the character more weighty

Platforming and Climbing

• All New Climbing System
  • Continuous hand-over-hand climbing system added
  • All new, more realistic animations
  • More fluid climbing controls and movement
  • Automatic ledge grab functionality
  • Improved swing mechanic
  • Improved jump-from-balance mechanic

Control Layout

• Switch to a more traditional control layout
  • A to jump
  • LT to aim
  • RB to detonate enhanced Gel and Energy Rounds

Dialogue and Cutscenes

• Dialogue Re-edit
  • Dialogue has been pruned
  • Irritating or extraneous lines cut
  • Cutscenes Re-edit
  • Cutscenes reviewed and edited
  • Overly long cutscenes shortened

Collectables

• Collectables Interface Improved
  • Emails and E-Books no longer interrupt gameplay when collected
  • Collectables re-positioned throughout levels
  • Points awarded for collectables tweaked

New Waypoint System

• Waypoints for every objective and sub objective
  • Choose permanent on-screen waypoints or new MAVI only mode
  • Waypoints added for Ciphers and Frequency Keys with colour coding
  • Corpses with Frequency Keys glow orange for easy identification

Map

• Improved controls and button layout
  • Default view of Kate's position
  • Toggle Kate's position / objective location manually
  • Easier to navigate

Prompts

• Prompts re-worked for better clarity
  • Prompt triggering reviewed and improved

Tutorials

• Video tutorials cut back
  • Improved in game tutorials
  • New tutorial puzzles

Wading Improved

• Enhanced physical character feedback from water forces
  • Improved transitions between wade states

Swimming Enhanced

• Improved swimming controls, more finely balanced
  • 180 degree swim turn removed
  • Improved camera behaviour when swimming
  • Underwater combat system streamlined

Puzzle Improvements

• Improved feedback for Cipher and Frequency Keys
  • Ciphers re-positioned for greater accessibility
  • New mission orders related to Ciphers add to the backstory
  • Existing puzzles refined where possible
  • New electric puzzle elements added

Damage System Improved

• Kate no longer unfairly damaged/killed by unseen elements
  • Fire/electrical damage reduced
  • Combat damage re-balanced

Overhauled Damage Feedback

• Monochrome health feedback system implemented
  • Enhanced directional damage indication
  • Heartbeat force feedback and SFX added
  • Audio ducking system improves health feedback

All New Oxygen Feedback System

• Oxygen bar added
  • Heartbeat force feedback and SFX added
  • Phobia effect for oxygen feedback enhanced
  • Phobia audio hallucinations added
  • FOV pulse added for drowning feedback
  • Phobia warping effect removed from non-submerged sections

Combat and Cover Systems

• Overhauled Combat System
  • Automatic weapon holster/unholster system
  • Seamless integration of combat / non-combat systems
  • Improved aim reticule
  • Aim remapped to LT
  • Destructible objects highlighted more clearly
  • Destructible objects easier to hit
  • A greater supply of ammo throughout the levels
  • AI improved and enemies rebalanced
  • More enemies and more engaging combat design

Weapons Improved

• Sonic Rounds overheat removed
  • Sonic Rounds charge time halved
  • Sonic Rounds do more damage to NPCs and are lethal
  • Multiple Gel and Energy Rounds can be deployed simultaneously
  • Deployed Gel/Energy rounds can be detonated as a group

All New Cover System

• Smoother transitions in and out of cover
  • Easier and more intuitive to get in and out of cover
  • Toggle cover whether armed or unarmed
  • All new animations make cover system more realistic

Checkpoints and Reloading

• Checkpoint positions reviewed and improved
  • More checkpoints
  • Automated and faster reload after death

Levels and Game Balance

• Design Improvements
  • Vent behaviour improved
  • General level design tweaks
  • AI numbers and positioning improved
  • Ammo amount and placement improved
  • Collectable placement improved
  • Gameplay balance improved throughout

Value

• Price dropped to just 800 Microsoft points
  • Trial extended to allow players to sample more of the game for free

ME DLC being in the sale isn't guaranteed,; it was just a guess based off the clue from OXM. Surprisingly, the whole sale list (or any info) hasn't leaked yet

[quote name='clickpow']Hurray for water physics?[/QUOTE]
:roll: The game isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I look forward to the update they are putting out as well.

[quote name='reddjoey']ME DLC being in the sale isn't guaranteed,; it was just a guess based off the clue from OXM. Surprisingly, the whole sale list (or any info) hasn't leaked yet[/QUOTE]

well if it not on sale it better for me since i don't have enough points to get both B:BC2 Vietnam and ME2 DLC.

So the one day sales are supposed to be starting today. Any idea when they will be announced/go live? I'm assuming Major will have the announcement soon.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I've always hated water levels in any game that has them, so naturally I avoided Hydrophobia...didn't even try the demo.[/QUOTE]

I concur, however, I did thoroughly enjoy the water levels in the legend of zelda OOT. The water levels in super mario world, I learned to love them by tolerance.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I've always hated water levels in any game that has them, so naturally I avoided Hydrophobia...didn't even try the demo.[/QUOTE]So your saying that your virtual hydrophobia is causing your lack of Hydrophobia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back