Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for 50% percent off or so on all the ME2 DLC, finally got around to starting it the other day, would be nice to get all the DLC for a good price for when I start my second play though on insane.

I'm really liking the price of the RDR Undead Nightmare Collection, but I remember hearing somewhere that if you have the downloaded version (as opposed to the DLCs on disc) that there is a glitch preventing you from getting an achievement(s?) Do you guys know if that is fixed or if that was even the case at all? Thanks for any input :)

MNC, Limbo, Casltevania, Sonic 4 and ME2: Lair of the Shadow Broker are all on my radar. Hopefully they will go on sale! Fable III and Alan Wake DLC would be great too. Just got 4 $20 M$ point cards from that crazy fingerhut deal the other week and I've got some credits to burn.

Is all the DLC out for ME2? Been waiting on it all so I can play through every playthrough with all the content. I know the last one is supposed to be a bridge between 2 and 3 and I don't think it's out yet.

[quote name='guyver2077']600 points seems steep especially since i can get it for $3.60 (lol) on steam right now[/QUOTE]

local co-op is worth the extra $ IMO

[quote name='tunavi']local co-op is worth the extra $ IMO[/QUOTE]

That was patched in, right? I heard there was no local Co-Op when the game first came out and part of the reason I want to buy this is for that feature.

[quote name='metallicoholic']That was patched in, right? I heard there was no local Co-Op when the game first came out and part of the reason I want to buy this is for that feature.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Online/offline co-op it has and if you downloaded the dlc when it was Free then it makes it an ever sweeter deal. It's got avatar awards as well and the achievements aren't hard to get. For the price, I'd say get it now and I'm sure you can find someone to play with. If the list I posted comes out to be correct, damn I won't really have anything to buy.

[quote name='metallicoholic']That was patched in, right? I heard there was no local Co-Op when the game first came out and part of the reason I want to buy this is for that feature.[/QUOTE]

local co-op was always in. are you thinking about online co-op? Yes I believe that was patched in.

[quote name='tunavi']local co-op was always in. are you thinking about online co-op? Yes I believe that was patched in.[/QUOTE]

This is correct

[quote name='guyver2077']600 points seems steep especially since i can get it for $3.60 (lol) on steam right now[/QUOTE]

The $3.60 is only if you've bought a Tomb Raider game before on Steam. While $5.10 is still a great price for the game I'd rather pay a little bit more to play it on my 360. I own every Tomb Raider game for the 360, and if Steam wants to exclude me from the cheapest price for the game, then I have no problem excluding them from my spending for the game.

I don't know if this is old news, but I was checking out the psn releases and they had Burnout Paradise dlc on sale. They are also on sale on xbl, Big Surf Island is 560pts. Sorry if this old news.

[quote name='Defendthestar31']Would you guys reccomend Tomb raider or castle crashers if you only had 600 points left?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Lara Croft yet, but Castle Crashers is awesome. Don't choose between the two, add more points and purchase both. You won't be disappointed.

you know on the sweepstakes they are doing on live to the downloadable suff ellagable to eanr an entry I think as every item that is going to be discounted

[quote name='Defendthestar31']Would you guys reccomend Tomb raider or castle crashers if you only had 600 points left?[/QUOTE]

Depends on if you plan on playing by yourself or with friends. While I understand everyone's love for Castle Crashers, the game sort of sucks by yourself in the later levels but is infinitely more enjoyable with three other players.

I haven't played Lara Croft yet but I imagine playing it by yourself isn't too difficult.

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']I don't know if this is old news, but I was checking out the psn releases and they had Burnout Paradise dlc on sale. They are also on sale on xbl, Big Surf Island is 560pts. Sorry if this old news.[/QUOTE]

This is the first I've heard of it at that price. I wanted to get Big Surf Island a year or two ago, but I felt that it was overpriced. I remember that it was part of one of the poorly worded Microsoft (or maybe EA) promotions where it was unclear whether it was a valid purchase for the promotion, but it wasn't worth the risk for me to find out.

Now it's been so long that I'm not even sure that I want it at the new price. I'll definitely look into some reviews though. Thanks for letting us know about it.

I wonder if Big Surf is a price drop, since EA price dropped the BFBC2 stuff today as well. Thanks for posting it though.

Put the price drops in the bottom with links.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Surf Island IS a price drop, I looked at it a few days ago to see if it had dropped, and it hadn't - it was at 1000MSP, which was it's launch price.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']why is layer cake at 800 points? isnt it supposed to be 400 points??? ive been clicking on it for the past 3 hours and still at 800 points :([/QUOTE]

You may want to contact Xbox Support (1-800-4MY-XBOX) before the deal ends to try and get it for that price

Major Neslon just put up a clue for tomorrow:
You may need a Grimoire to finish this game

Man, I've bought way too much stuff.

-After Burner Climax
-Castle Crashers
-Super Meat Boy
-Toy Soldiers
-Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Still plan on buying:
-Mass Effect 2 - Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi's Stolen Memory, Overlord
-Fable III - Understone Quest Pack (maybe, depending on the price)
-LIMBO

Only item that I wanted that wasn't on sale was Shadow Complex :(

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Worst sale ever maybe?

Think you may want to change that :D

Anyway, will be interesting to see if there are any other dlc quietly reduced[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Thanks for telling me.

2/3 of those where EA games, so it's possible there could be more. I'll keep my eyes open. As an aside, price drops aren't normally in the OP, but I stuck it in there b/c this thread is growing faster than normal.

While I definitely like some of the games on sale like Croft, LIMBO and Wake DLC as well as ME2 DLC in the daily deals I was hoping I might see Raystorm HD in there. Well that or some other shmup.
Have Raystorm or Triggerheart Exelica gone on sale ever?
I'm quite pleased about the price of Croft. I was willing to pay 800 points but at 600 this is definitely a sweet deal.
Oh and reddjoey have you checked Mirror's Edge DLC? That might be another silent DLC deal.

[quote name='reddjoey']You may want to contact Xbox Support (1-800-4MY-XBOX) before the deal ends to try and get it for that price

Major Neslon just put up a clue for tomorrow:
You may need a Grimoire to finish this game[/QUOTE]

The Grimoire is a reference to Dragon Age Origins DLC Witch Hunt. I've been waiting forever for that DLC to go on sale, Thanks for the heads up!!

[quote name='reddjoey']Fixed. Thanks for telling me.

2/3 of those where EA games, so it's possible there could be more. I'll keep my eyes open. As an aside, price drops aren't normally in the OP, but I stuck it in there b/c this thread is growing faster than normal.[/QUOTE]

I have just checked the dlc for about 20 games i own with dlc and cant see any other drops

[quote name='gus311']The Grimoire is a reference to Dragon Age Origins DLC Witch Hunt. I've been waiting forever for that DLC to go on sale, Thanks for the heads up!![/QUOTE]

Wow maybe I'll get lucky and "Mirror's Edge" DLC might go on sale. The Dragon Age Origins DLC wasn't officially listed in the contest bit so maybe we'll get some more surprises.

Don't get your hopes up for DA DLC, guys. A grimoire is just a book of magic, or, a weapon in Castlevania.

I really hope the halo pack is on sale and it's not just a reference to playing the game.

Apparently the leaked list posted before is accurate, unless the "Countdown to 2011" dashboard list (which has now been taken down) was changed at the last minute. Someone's been posting what he saw as the list via dashboard on Major Nelson's discount blog posts.

In that case, after Lara Croft for today I guess I won't be spending any more on Live content. Yay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back