Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Defendthestar31']Does anyone know how many items you can queue up on xbox.com? I can't get to my xbox until january and would like to get all 3 mass effect DLCs, limbo, Monday night combat and castle crashers. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I THINK it's somewhere around 15, but I know it's at least 10.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I THINK it's somewhere around 15, but I know it's at least 10.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response. Now to get the mass effect 2 DLC

So does buying on the website successfully add it to your queue? I might do that but I'll just wait til tomorrow if it's giving problems

I think you can queue up 30. At least that was the max in the license transfer.

Moved the Crackdown 2 Sale into DotW territory. Added the avatar items for it as well

[quote name='lolwut?']So does buying on the website successfully add it to your queue? I might do that but I'll just wait til tomorrow if it's giving problems[/QUOTE]

Yup. I buy almost everything on the website. Sometimes when I'm not at home and I make a purchase or two I'll tell my girlfriend to turn on the 360 and then I can watch my queue on xbox.com and see when items finish.

Got all 3 ME2 DLC's for 600 points!!! Now the bad news I was going to get toy solider for 800 points but I have 790! Anyone have any thoughts on toy soldiers is it worth the sale price? seems like a good tower defense type game.

I'll be rolling through with my vangaurd and infiltrator. I don't recall relying on snipers too much in ME1 though. I like having a wide range of options though so I might pick both up anyway.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Got all 3 ME2 DLC's for 600 points!!! Now the bad news I was going to get toy solider for 800 points but I have 790! Anyone have any thoughts on toy soldiers is it worth the sale price? seems like a good tower defense type game.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Toy Soldiers. It has a unique take on the TD genre. I got it for 1200 when it came out so I would get it for 800 if I didn't have it already.

These deals are sick son! I just bought perfect dark for 400 and now I will snatch up Shadow Broker! Lovin this sale!

Hesitating on the Crackdown 2 dlc. I get the feeling these may go cheaper in the not-too-distant future. Then again they may just go back up and stay there. Didn't Crackdown 1's dlc drop and stay super low? I could swear I bought it for next to nothing. Or am I getting it confused with another game?

I hope Sonic 4 is 400, or not any higher than 600. I may still bite at 800, and I realize it's 9.99 on PSN, but really...let's have an awesome sale for XBL, alright Sega?

[quote name='mr_bungle']I hope Sonic 4 is 400, or not any higher than 600. I may still bite at 800, and I realize it's 9.99 on PSN, but really...let's have an awesome sale for XBL, alright Sega?[/QUOTE]

It's $7.49 for PS+ (I believe) if M$ doesn't beat that I might get it on PSN. Although there's always the outside chance it'll go free at some point in the future on PSN as well. I generally don't buy anything on PSN now because of PS+. It's really a blessing and a curse.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Got all 3 ME2 DLC's for 600 points!!! Now the bad news I was going to get toy solider for 800 points but I have 790! Anyone have any thoughts on toy soldiers is it worth the sale price? seems like a good tower defense type game.[/QUOTE]
Toy Soldiers is better than almost all other tower defense games, and the 3D shooter gameplay (personally manning a gun or a bi-plane) easily puts it on par with Defense Grid. The game goes all-out with the visuals in what really feels like an early 20th-century board game. I doubt you'll be disappointed, and even if you don't play it long, at least you'll see it's much more polished than anything normally priced at the 800pt level.

Sweet, just recently re-bought ME2 for 10 bucks on Amazon now I can get the whole kit and kaboodle for only 6 more bucks.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Hesitating on the Crackdown 2 dlc. I get the feeling these may go cheaper in the not-too-distant future. Then again they may just go back up and stay there. Didn't Crackdown 1's dlc drop and stay super low? I could swear I bought it for next to nothing. Or am I getting it confused with another game?[/QUOTE]
Cheaper than 50% off for a disc-based game's DLC? That's so cheap, I bet you used a smaller font to save on pixels! :D

[quote name='lolwut?']So does buying on the website successfully add it to your queue? I might do that but I'll just wait til tomorrow if it's giving problems[/QUOTE]
Yes, the queue works flawlessly from www.xbox.com, and sometimes even better (since there's still obvious navigation bugs in the new dash version). Yes, the limit is technically 30, but you can only add 29, in case a game needs to push its own download to the top of the list (like an in-game purchase). I add stuff all the time from work, and as soon as I login on the console, they start coming down. Purchasing from the Xbox.com Marketplace also allows you to more quickly navigate through a title's available items, rather than taking 11+ clicks & arrows just to get to "view all content" for a game on the dash.

[quote name='Cornelius']Cheaper than 50% off for a disc-based game's DLC? That's so cheap, I bet you used a smaller font to save on pixels! :D[/QUOTE]

Yea I must be thinking of another game, but it's bugging the heck out of me that I can't remember. I know the Crackdown 1 dlc has been put on sale a few times so that's why I hesitate now. It's essentially B1G1 for the two so it's not really a bad deal in the end.

Grabbed the 3 ME2 dlcs, now it goes to the back of the backlog with everything else behind New Vegas. Might pick up the Crackdown 2 dlc depending on how much points I have left at the end of the week.

I have to say, it's pretty low to have the ME2 DLC packs on sale for 360 users, leaving everyone with the PC version in the dust. Those are big discounts, and let's face it.. The packs are already a touch overpriced as it is.

Awful move. Here's hoping they get their heads out of their asses and give FAIR deals.

That ME2 DLC is such a steal. I've been waiting for this, and now I finally have a reason to go back and play it again before ME3 comes out. Good stuff!

[quote name='Yasae']I have to say, it's pretty low to have the ME2 DLC packs on sale for 360 users, leaving everyone with the PC version in the dust. Those are big discounts, and let's face it.. The packs are already a touch overpriced as it is.

Awful move. Here's hoping they get their heads out of their asses and give FAIR deals.[/QUOTE]

I think EA and Bioware are to blame for that unless there is some kind of deal with MS I'm not aware of

I snagged ME2 on Target clearance last week for $10, so this sale sets me up with a "complete" copy for $17.50! Now I just have to get around to playing it...

[quote name='Yasae']I have to say, it's pretty low to have the ME2 DLC packs on sale for 360 users, leaving everyone with the PC version in the dust. Those are big discounts, and let's face it.. The packs are already a touch overpriced as it is.

Awful move. Here's hoping they get their heads out of their asses and give FAIR deals.[/QUOTE]

XBL and PC sales are totally unrelated. Want a discount on PC, ask Steam, BioWare, etc. not Microsoft.

Hot. Picked up all the ME2 DLC. Also picked up Perfect Dark a couple of days ago.

I just wish I had been smart enough to buy the Alan Wake DLC when it was on sale. I don't have the game yet, but it seems like the kind of game I'd want the DLC for. Also, I'm still not sure if current new copies of the game come with the DLC code or not.

Still, hotness. And Limbo on the 31st. Nice.

Jeez, these sales are killing me, just brought a 1600 point card on Christmas Eve @_@, now i must buy the Crackdown DLC and Deadliest Warrior.

Btw, are Crackdown and Deadliest Warrior on sale all week? Dont wanna wait till tommorow to buy a point card and miss out.

I hope Sonic 4 and Limbo are good prices. That is what I am waiting out for. Picked up Hydro Thunder today. Missed Perfect Dark though. :(

[quote name='dgwillia006']Jeez, these sales are killing me, just brought a 1600 point card on Christmas Eve @_@, now i must buy the Crackdown DLC and Deadliest Warrior.

Btw, are Crackdown and Deadliest Warrior on sale all week? Dont wanna wait till tommorow to buy a point card and miss out.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could give you a definite answer. The US DotW hasn't been updated, Deadliest Warrior is showing on the UK DotW, and no one has said why Crackdown 2 items are on sale.

[quote name='Wargamer']XBL and PC sales are totally unrelated. Want a discount on PC, ask Steam, BioWare, etc. not Microsoft.[/QUOTE]
I don't know, it would most certainly require publisher approval if Microsoft takes a percentage of the download sale, which they do. Or could they just pay EA and BioWare less because they feel like it?

Anyway, no bother. I just hope the PC version gets a DLC sale this holiday season. It hasn't happened yet.

Don't know if this is old news but figure it's worth a mention. Looks like some ME2 avatar gear is on sale for half off. It's ME2 Suit (Male) and ME2 Helmet for 160 and 80, respectively. Don't know if it's part of this daily deal or what. This ME2 DLC deal is really good and has me wondering if I should just dive in and grab them for 200 each or try and grab a cheap copy of the (eventual?) ME2 GOTY somewhere down the road.

Also any thought on Deadliest Warrior? I enjoy the show in a "This is entertaining with friends but also really dumb" sort of way. If I go into the game with this mindset, is the game worth it?

[quote name='panda911']
Also any thought on Deadliest Warrior? I enjoy the show in a "This is entertaining with friends but also really dumb" sort of way. If I go into the game with this mindset, is the game worth it?[/QUOTE]
If you liked Bushido Blade way back when, kinda go with that mindset.

[quote name='panda911']Don't know if this is old news but figure it's worth a mention. Looks like some ME2 avatar gear is on sale for half off. It's ME2 Suit (Male) and ME2 Helmet for 160 and 80, respectively. Don't know if it's part of this daily deal or what. This ME2 DLC deal is really good and has me wondering if I should just dive in and grab them for 200 each or try and grab a cheap copy of the (eventual?) ME2 GOTY somewhere down the road.

Also any thought on Deadliest Warrior? I enjoy the show in a "This is entertaining with friends but also really dumb" sort of way. If I go into the game with this mindset, is the game worth it?[/QUOTE]

UGH, added to OP

Nice deal on the ME2 DLC. I ended buying all 3. I really wish I would've held off on buying Limbo as part of the 800 point rebate promo. I should've gone with PvZ and picked up Limbo during this sale. If Limbo's sale price is under 800 pts, it'll make it worse.

[quote name='Wargamer']Those have been on that price for quite a while. Unrelated to holidays.[/QUOTE]

I purchased them when they were on sale, so I wouldn't have noticed a price change, or a lack of them. I'll leave it in the OP till 2011 when I close this thread and open the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back