Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn those are awesome prices for the ME2 DLC. sadly I bought them all during that arcade rebate a few months back.

the Crackdown 2 DLC looks interesting though.

The price for Gamer isn't fixed yet. I'll likely go to bed in a few since it's 3am here. Anything else, if not I'll be back around 12pm EST

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Yay, DLC is cheap. Now whenever the game gets posted to Games on Demand I won't feel as utterly sick about spending the $40 it wants.[/QUOTE]

What's the benefit of buying it on demand? Why not order a new copy for $20 on Amazon, or find a clearance copy at Target for $10?

[quote name='bsmiff']What's the benefit of buying it on demand? Why not order a new copy for $20 on Amazon, or find a clearance copy at Target for $10?[/QUOTE]

I simply prefer DD for games I know I want to keep in my collection. Kinda worried this might not make it to GoD though because it's two discs. I think that would be a first for the program.

I just bought the 3 ME2 DLCs... The first time I ever bought MS points, the first time I bought any DLC for that fact...

I don't know whether to thank CAG or curse it for making me spend money..

Ever since I joined, I don't know if I'm saving more money or if I'm spending more... kekeke

[quote name='kyrhon']I just bought the 3 ME2 DLCs... The first time I ever bought MS points, the first time I bought any DLC for that fact...

I don't know whether to thank CAG or curse it for making me spend money..

Ever since I joined, I don't know if I'm saving more money or if I'm spending more... kekeke[/QUOTE]

Look at it this way, CAG helps you get more bang for your buck.

[quote name='Wargamer']Look at it this way, CAG helps you get more bang for your buck.[/QUOTE]

puwahaha. I guess so! x)

Well, at least I get 100 MS points back thanks to their reward system thingy. yay.

As soon as I saw Shadow Broker's price, I grabbed it. Already got the other two previously.

Thanks reddjoey for maintaining the thread so well. Makes me wish all threads on CAG were this awesome.

Bought all 3 ME2 DLC. I didn't even open Mass Effect 2 yet! I'll get to it in 2 more months lol. ME1 was my game of the year and I heard ME2 is just as good.

[quote name='miriamleo']Carcassonne, AfterBurner, Castle Crashers, Risk Faction…. which one/two to get?[/QUOTE]

Risk and CC are both much beefier than the other two, just from a value perspective.

[quote name='miriamleo']Carcassonne, AfterBurner, Castle Crashers, Risk Faction…. which one/two to get?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for Carcassonne.

After Burner is a fun arcade game, it's more for a pick up and play every now and then game.

Risk Factions is awesome, but the net code was utterly broken when I was playing it. If it's fixed, by all means, buy it.

Castle Crashers is still my favorite XBLA game. Total blast with 4 people locally. Not bad online. A lengthy adventure mode. A ton of characters to play as and level up. If you are up for a beat-em-up, get this game.

Well Deadliest Warrior is now showing up as 400 on my dashboard. Haven't searched for the Crackdown DLC to see what it is.

Edit- Well Crackdown 2 DLC is discounted but Deadliest Warrior and the avatar outfit junk is showing up as the DotW.

[quote name='genfuyung']Picked up Shadow Broker and Overlord. 200 still seems overpriced for kasumi from what I've heard.[/QUOTE]

I dunno what you've heard, but a new character, 2 quests, a new onship outfit, and the best SMG in the game [a weapon EVERYONE can use] is easily worth 200 MSP.

[quote name='kyrhon']Ever since I joined, I don't know if I'm saving more money or if I'm spending more... kekeke[/QUOTE]

Trust me we all end up having similar thoughts at some point... ;)[quote name='genfuyung']Picked up Shadow Broker and Overlord. 200 still seems overpriced for kasumi from what I've heard.[/QUOTE]
Depending upon how you look at it it might have the most bang for your buck... but you pretty much have to start new game and use her as a party member.

That said I paid full price on that piece of DLC, never really used her in my party, and still feel I got my money's worth out of it... So 200 points? Absolute steal if you ask me and likely the cheapest way you will ever get it.

[quote name='neoKEN']Bought all 3 ME2 DLC. I didn't even open Mass Effect 2 yet! I'll get to it in 2 more months lol. ME1 was my game of the year and I heard ME2 is just as good.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Grabbed all three even though I haven't opened my copy and I've had it since launch.

Just one of those things where I need to set aside one or two months solely for ME2. I remember putting in something like 130 hours into the original

[quote name='rbarba4']Same here. Grabbed all three even though I haven't opened my copy and I've had it since launch.

Just one of those things where I need to set aside one or two months solely for ME2. I remember putting in something like 130 hours into the original[/QUOTE]

Glad to see im not the only one who hasnt played thier ME2 copy yet. Actually went to the midnight release and ended up playing MAG all night and never got around to it XD.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Glad to see im not the only one who hasnt played thier ME2 copy yet. Actually went to the midnight release and ended up playing MAG all night and never got around to it XD.[/QUOTE]

Me neither. I got Mass Effect 2 at K-Mart in October and I've only booted up the opening cutscene.

I borrowed it from a friend in April, got a few missions and decided to stop since I knew ME2 was a game you'd have to dedicate time to, and at that point in time, that wouldn't have happened.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Glad to see im not the only one who hasnt played thier ME2 copy yet. Actually went to the midnight release and ended up playing MAG all night and never got around to it XD.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Yeah, this happens to me a lot on these bigger games.

Grabbed the original ME around launch, from a TRU b2g1 sale. Didn't play that one until the following April. Grabbed GTA IV during that time but didn't get to that one until June or July

Still haven't cracked open my Fallout copies:cry:

I have a question guys: I didn't start playing ME2 yet, but want to grab the DLC. Will they change my game experience? Or can I activate them at then end - or when I choose. Thanks; answers will be greatly appreciated :)

[quote name='Trance Addix']I have a question guys: I didn't start playing ME2 yet, but want to grab the DLC. Will they change my game experience? Or can I activate them at then end - or when I choose. Thanks; answers will be greatly appreciated :)[/QUOTE]

I haven't played yet either but from what I read here, you can play any of it any time althoigh the shadow broker is best played after finishing the game due to extta dialog.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Are the firepower and aegis power packs worth picking up? I really like the idea of super powered weapons.[/QUOTE]
Firepower pack is awesome. Once you use the Mattock you won't want any other weapon.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I have a question guys: I didn't start playing ME2 yet, but want to grab the DLC. Will they change my game experience? Or can I activate them at then end - or when I choose. Thanks; answers will be greatly appreciated :)[/QUOTE]
ME2 is a different animal from ME1. ME1 was more story-based, but ME2 is definitely more character-based. Most of what you are doing during the game is character recruitment and character loyalty missions. You're not going to spoil any story or pacing or anything by doing these during the course of the game.

I'd recommend to do Kasumi and Overlord along with your regular playthrough the first time, saving Shadow Broker for the end. But for your Insanity run, do Shadow Broker as soon as you can - the swag you get at the end is really helpful.

[quote name='typical guy']I haven't played yet either but from what I read here, you can play any of it any time althoigh the shadow broker is best played after finishing the game due to extta dialog.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='simmias']ME2 is a different animal from ME1. ME1 was more story-based, but ME2 is definitely more character-based. Most of what you are doing during the game is character recruitment and character loyalty missions. You're not going to spoil any story or pacing or anything by doing these during the course of the game.

I'd recommend to do Kasumi and Overlord along with your regular playthrough the first time, saving Shadow Broker for the end. But for your Insanity run, do Shadow Broker as soon as you can - the swag you get at the end is really helpful.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answers.

If it's not a spoiler, where would I activate them? In game or in a menu? Basically, I don't want have the DLC downloaded change my game in anyway except when I choose.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Thanks for the answers.

If it's not a spoiler, where would I activate them? In game or in a menu? Basically, I don't want have the DLC downloaded change my game in anyway except when I choose.[/QUOTE]
Once you download them they're in the game. Overlord you can't activate without trying to. You have to scan the planet it's on. Kasumi you talk to an advertisement panel to start her recruitment. If you do it accidentally, just don't continue with the recruitment. It'll be like you just talked to a random NPC in the game. Shadow Broker I think you just keep talking to Liara after you do the missions you have to do for her to progress the game.

[quote name='simmias']Once you download them they're in the game. Overlord you can't activate without trying to. You have to scan the planet it's on. Kasumi you talk to an advertisement panel to start her recruitment. If you do it accidentally, just don't continue with the recruitment. It'll be like you just talked to a random NPC in the game. Shadow Broker I think you just keep talking to Liara after you do the missions you have to do for her to progress the game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I'll go download it right now.

Went ahead and bit on all the Mass Effect 2 DLC. Plan on playing Mass Effect 2 in the next day or so.

Got Big Surf Island also, good stuff! Still gotta say, I miss the arcade style Burnout. But in the end, any Burnout is great!

ugh.... my ME2 data got deleted.... do I want to buy these DLC and play for another perfect run? (I had done every single side mission) or should I just hold off for a year and buy the PS3 version really cheap.... decisions decisions. any input/encouragement would be appreciated!

Well, fuck, 200 points each? Dammit! I bought the other 2 when they were on "sale" for 400 points in October and then bought Shadow Broker for the FULL 800 points to hit that 2400 point cap for the free 800 points. So had I simply waited (I played ME2 when it first came out but before any of the DLC so there was no hurry) I would have come out better (or gotten other stuff for the free 800 point offer).

As usual, MS gives with one hand and takes away with the other ;).

[quote name='io']Well, fuck, 200 points each? Dammit! I bought the other 2 when they were on "sale" for 400 points in October[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing too. I still haven't played them, oh well. I did get Shadow Broker for 200 though. Good deals.

I have yet to play my mass effect 2 either but purchased the dlc. I bought it from the recent amazon sale. Never beat the first one and was planning on doing that first.

XBLA is trying real hard to strip my wallet bare.

I picked up Ilomilo already.
Tempted to get Raskulls.
Now You tell me I can get Risk Factions, Limbo, and Monday Night Combat for cheap soon?

I am going to pick these up right now. I bought ME 2 from Blockbuster for 9.99 a month or so ago. I love getting great deals on EA games.

Do I plan on buy Cerberus Network for $15? fuck no! Not unless it is ever on sale. Screw EA and their bullshit tactics. Stick it to the man!

Wow, that is STUPID cheap on ME2 DLC. I picked them all up during October for (effectively) 400 points apiece. Now I kinda wish I had waited. Oh well, I can spare a couple bucks.

[quote name='nasum']Isn't one of the ME2 DLCs kind of lame? I know Shadow Broker is good, but one of the other two...[/QUOTE]

I think they're all supposed to be good. The main complaint people had was the length, which seems like less of a concern at $2.50 than at $7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back