Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe I missed this thread and bought Shadow Broker on Friday as an impulse buy. Ugh...At least I can grab Overlord since I never got around to it.

I've got 400 points left after buying Vietnam add-on for BFBC2...what should I buy????

I was thinking of either the Fable 3 DLC if it goes on sale the 30th, like rumored. Or Dead Rising 2 Case Zero....just because I kind of have a desire to play DR2, but this will give me a little taste without dropping a full $50-60

Also anything else y'all can think of would be appreciated. I already own:

Limbo
Shadow Complex
BF1943
CoD Classic
Castle Crashers
Uno

Grabbed ME2 DLC, expected to pay more then 200 on Shadow Broker but 600 for them all, I'm in! :D

Still have to play the regular game tho :eek:

I will purchase after I get off work. This is a huge sale and a steal considering I purchased Mass Effect 2 for $10 off amazon! Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Add me to the list of having an un-opened copy of ME2 and I just bought all 3 DLCs. I'm just waiting for Limbo now and that should be it for XBL's holiday sale.

[quote name='jcp42877']
Or Dead Rising 2 Case Zero....just because I kind of have a desire to play DR2,
[/QUOTE]
I actually enjoyed the dlc-in order to rescue everyone-and build a motorcycle out of the spare parts you have to find-took me about 4-5hours-but thats because i did everything half ass at first-so i had to restart-in order to have more time to do everything correct-(which actually i didn't mind) since it was fun-theres even a boss fight-a chase scene-get to try out mixing of diff weapons.

then i bought the game later and never finished it due to the stupid boss cook-god i hated some of the boss's in the actual game-a skinny guy has a glass shard-i have a shot gun- a rifle-a bat with nails-a sledge hammer i lay it all on him yet he beats me wtf. i beat him after stocking up on a shit load of food thought. but never beat the damn cook tried like 5 times got pissed off and just gave up.

I would like to thank reddjoey for his work on this thread. I've spent far more during this and the Thanksgiving sale than I have in my previous 4 years of Xbox 360 ownership.

[quote name='youenvy']then i bought the game later and never finished it due to the stupid boss cook-god i hated some of the boss's in the actual game-a skinny guy has a glass shard-i have a shot gun- a rifle-a bat with nails-a sledge hammer i lay it all on him yet he beats me wtf. i beat him after stocking up on a shit load of food thought. but never beat the damn cook tried like 5 times got pissed off and just gave up.[/QUOTE]

Not to get too off topic here, but boxing gloves + bowie knife combo weapon. When the cook is eating, slash him a few times until he runs off to his next meal. He might get in a hit or two, or even pin you. Even then, he still runs away. Use that opportunity to heal up. The knife gloves do enough damage that it should only take about three or four attacks to take him down, depending on your level.

[quote name='louiedog']I would like to thank reddjoey for his work on this thread. I've spent far more during this and the Thanksgiving sale than I have in my previous 4 years of Xbox 360 ownership.

Not to get too off topic here, but boxing gloves + bowie knife combo weapon. When the cook is eating, slash him a few times until he runs off to his next meal. He might get in a hit or two, or even pin you. Even then, he still runs away. Use that opportunity to heal up. The knife gloves do enough damage that it should only take about three or four attacks to take him down, depending on your level.[/QUOTE]
I went with the Lightsaber(Flashlight + Gems) that thing kicked the crap out of everything in the game :D

Picked up Kasumi and Overlord for 400 pts!! It sucks that i bought Shadow Broker last week for retail price, but at least i didnt cave on the other two.

[quote name='mitnosi']I went with the Lightsaber(Flashlight + Gems) that thing kicked the crap out of everything in the game :D[/QUOTE]

The bow and arrow + dynamite combo weapon is good on him too.

And to stay on topic I picked up all the ME2 DLC. I love this thread.

Good deal today.

Still stinging, though, that I bought Hydrothunder Hurricane and Monday Night Combat just a few weeks ago at full price. Dangit!

Damn, I was expecting the ME2 DLC to be 33% or 50% off at best, this is even better. I was even considering paying full price for all of it two weeks ago. Time for another playthrough.

Bought the ME2 DLC even though I just bought ME2 on PC during the sale. I need to play through ME1 and ME2 as a women on 360 before ME3 releases so I will get around to it eventually and this is the lowest the DLC will be for awhile.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']This is making me so anxious. I want all three Mass Effect dlcs, but I almost want to wait for an impending GOTY...[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't the game and DLC be cheaper then a GOTY version? Game is only 20 bucks, DLC only 600 points.

A basic GOTY version is being put out for PS3 next month at a 60 dollar price tag, you could get it all for 360 for under 30.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']This is making me so anxious. I want all three Mass Effect dlcs, but I almost want to wait for an impending GOTY...[/QUOTE]

I was originally going to wait for the complete package on disc and for it to drop to like $30 figuring it'd be better than buying the game and all DLC. But then the game went on sale for $10, so I got it. Now the DLC I want is $7.50. I'm don't regret not waiting.

FTMFW, 600points for all three DLC.. nice! sooo in. thanks OP this plus $10 game and then selling the CERBERUS code for $10 (I had it previously when I bought and resold ME2 earlier in the year). Makes this cheap, epic gaming!

Damn almost wish I waited on Shadow Broker despite how good it was. Great prices!
If MNC and Limbo are 400 pts i'll have to bite.

Thanks for the heads up on the Force Unleashed 2 DLC. Wasn't planning on picking that up otherwise but for 80 points it's a no-brainer. Also got all three ME2 DLC. I own both games but haven't even finished the first one, or started the second, but for that price might as well get them now.

I had to go out and get a 4000 point card just for these stupid good sales. Picked up ME2 DLC and SW: TFU2 DLC....now I get to sit on them.

I bought Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker (already have kasumi)even though i dont have the game anymore. I have wanted to play them and i cant pass up that price, i'll rent the game or something.

I picked up ME2 for $9.99 on Nov. 29 via lightening deal. The 3 DLC packs were well worth shelling out 600 msp's for. That's a whole lotta game for little money!

[quote name='mitnosi']Wouldn't the game and DLC be cheaper then a GOTY version? Game is only 20 bucks, DLC only 600 points.

A basic GOTY version is being put out for PS3 next month at a 60 dollar price tag, you could get it all for 360 for under 30.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is slightly different then just the base game + DLC. Thats not to say a GOTY version wouldn't be $60, but considering what our version would be like compared to the PS3 version it may make sense for it to be something like $50.

I was up late last night playing Reach and checked before I went to bed and they were up. Fantastic deal.

I hope MNC & Limbo are 400 pts each :D

Also eyeing Sonic 4 :)

These deals are starting to really add up...picked up undead, perfect dark, hydro hurricane and the me 2 add on content. I may might bought others,but i can't remember

[quote name='jimbach13']These deals are starting to really add up...picked up undead, perfect dark, hydro hurricane and the me 2 add on content. I may might bought others,but i can't remember[/QUOTE]

Also got the writer add on for Alan wake. That is a great game, for anyone who hasn't played it. It was one of the best gaming experiences i've had in a while

I know everyone is hoping for Limbo at 400, but that probably isn't going to happen.
I think I will buy it even at 600 points. Looks like a great game to play alone at 2 in the morning with the lights out.

[quote name='Kaltic']The PS3 version is slightly different then just the base game + DLC. Thats not to say a GOTY version wouldn't be $60, but considering what our version would be like compared to the PS3 version it may make sense for it to be something like $50.[/QUOTE]

Well, it all comes down to patience and how bad do you want your things on disc?

At least, one would hope your getting it on disc and not on a download card.

Its just that if you can get it on disc, if anything should happen like what happened with the old xbox, you would always have access to that content. You are not at the mercy of a server or a corporation as to when they decide to cut the content. If your 360 HDD ever breaks years from now you can just find another 360 since you have the content on disc it doesnt matter. You dont have to fiddle around with re-downloading things etc.

So again it all comes down to how much is the DLC, on a disc, worth it to you?

Personally I am also feeling anxiety over this deal. Because if you told me they are like Bethesda or Rockstar which tend to put things on a disc....but the last ME had one of the DLC on the platinum hits version (on a disc) and the other one was online only. So, I dont know if there ever will be a version for the 360 that has it all on a seperate disc or will they go the cheap route and just put in a DLC card? I cant find any news regarding this which makes it even more frusterating.

I know this probably isn't the thread for it, but I just wanted to warn people:

The Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World DLC has finally been released for Xbox360 today, but DON'T BUY IT YET. It's currently "broken," in that you can buy it and download it, but you can't access any of it in the game yet (not the other modes, not the new character, etc.). And figuring how long we had to wait for the DLC in the first place, never being told a firm date, who knows how long we'll be waiting for a patch...don't make the same mistake I did.

Man, to reiterate a few others on this thread, MS has been killing it with these deals. Thx to RedJoey for maintaining this thread, there's no way I would have paid attention to any of this on the Xbox dashboard, plus some of these deals are not easy to find if you don't know to look for them (Blazblue & Crackdown2).

[quote name='Cheapskate']I know this probably isn't the thread for it, but I just wanted to warn people:

The Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World DLC has finally been released for Xbox360 today, but DON'T BUY IT YET. It's currently "broken," in that you can buy it and download it, but you can't access any of it in the game yet (not the other modes, not the new character, etc.). And figuring how long we had to wait for the DLC in the first place, never being told a firm date, who knows how long we'll be waiting for a patch...don't make the same mistake I did.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I Almost felt like I was only one waiting on this, but at least now I know it's still coming...though slowly still.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Well, it all comes down to patience and how bad do you want your things on disc?

At least, one would hope your getting it on disc and not on a download card.

Its just that if you can get it on disc, if anything should happen like what happened with the old xbox, you would always have access to that content. You are not at the mercy of a server or a corporation as to when they decide to cut the content. If your 360 HDD ever breaks years from now you can just find another 360 since you have the content on disc it doesnt matter. You dont have to fiddle around with re-downloading things etc.

So again it all comes down to how much is the DLC, on a disc, worth it to you?

Personally I am also feeling anxiety over this deal. Because if you told me they are like Bethesda or Rockstar which tend to put things on a disc....but the last ME had one of the DLC on the platinum hits version (on a disc) and the other one was online only. So, I dont know if there ever will be a version for the 360 that has it all on a seperate disc or will they go the cheap route and just put in a DLC card? I cant find any news regarding this which makes it even more frusterating.[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one in this situation. Been pondering this all day. (Since last night, actually.) In the favor of the GOTY edition, they did collect Dragon Age: Origins quite nicely into the Ultimate Edition, but I also wonder if that's because it wasn't doing that well, at least not compared to Mass Effect.

I'd be willing to get the DLC and then wait for another $10 deal on ME2, if I wasn't worried that more DLC would be out this spring. If they release any more DLC for ME2, then it's almost certainly worth it to wait for the GOTY/PH edition. Plus, while they're not necessary, the weapon packs would be nice to have, and add some additional value to a future GOTY/PH edition. Even if the PH was $30, that'd probably be a decent price for the game and DLC. But like you, I'm worried they're not going to put out a GOTY edition.

Plus I do prefer to have things on disc - I always worry about actual DLC in most cases. Borderlands is the biggest one that I went ahead and picked up in deals, and it turned out to be a good idea anyway - the GOTY DLC is just codes.

Gah, so frustrating.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']BioWare has already said that there will be more ME2 DLC in 2011.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well, that makes my decision quite a bit simpler then. Here's hoping that they put out a GOTY edition.

Even those BOTH of those ME games are sitting un-played on my mountain of backlog, I just can't resist 200 points each. Thanks OP.

Hoping X-men and BF Vietnam goes on sale in the next couple of months, I'm trying to not buy anything till it goes on sale.

Then the Mr. Hyde side of me comes out and says "Fug that", and I couldn't help buying FO: New Vegas's Dead Money for full price, having a great time with it so far.

The sale since Christmas has really heated up, I was very surprised by the price of the ME2 DLC and Hydro Thunder prices were extremely good, here is hoping the trend continues the rest of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back