Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Overlord and Shadow Broker.

Looking forward to taking my Shepard back though a few missions while I wait for part 3.

Stolen Memory didn't sound that interesting to me so I'm going to skip and will get Chime on the Steam sale instead.

If Limbo goes to something crazy like 75% I'll pick that up.

Thanks OP and everybody on the thread for keeping this so up to date it's so helpful.

Mass Effect 2 has become the best value of any game I've ever bought. I got it new from Amazon for $10, and now all the DLC missions for uber cheap. Plus I got most the Dr. Pepper and other weapons and armor DLC free when there was that glitch on XBL.

Screw a GOTY edition. I'm in for less then $20, much less then the GOTY edition will cost.

are people still playing Monday night combat that game was pretty bad ass--might have to check it out again-

also the scott pilgrim dlc--does that in anyway make the game co op via online-

Man I was hoping LImbo hit 800 but 600 would be insane. I have 1400 pts and want to get limbo and winterbottom. What are the odds that works out.

[quote name='youenvy']
also the scott pilgrim dlc--does that in anyway make the game co op via online-[/QUOTE]
Nope. Just adds in local jump in and out play, volleyball mode, battle royale and knives chau is playable.

I stacked up on points and out of 8,400..i'm down to 6,240 and still nothing to buy. This sucks but hey, at least we finally got the scott pilgrim dlc lol guess i'll get that now. Still crossing my fingers for the SNK sale and hopefully the sonic sale too (damn you Sonic Adventures)

[quote name='tbassett']Man I was hoping LImbo hit 800 but 600 would be insane. I have 1400 pts and want to get limbo and winterbottom. What are the odds that works out.[/QUOTE]

Winterbottom is 50 cents on Steam. I know it is the PC version, but that is definitely the cheaper than any other deal.

Hoorah for having exactly enough points, got both Crackdown 2 DLC's, Shadow Broker for ME2, one of the DLC Packs for Yugioh, and still have 800 to spare for the rest of the deals ^_^.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Mass Effect 2 has become the best value of any game I've ever bought. I got it new from Amazon for $10, and now all the DLC missions for uber cheap. Plus I got most the Dr. Pepper and other weapons and armor DLC free when there was that glitch on XBL.

Screw a GOTY edition. I'm in for less then $20, much less then the GOTY edition will cost.[/QUOTE]I got all that except I got my ME2 used from Blockbuster in the B1G1 for $5 so $12.50 total for game and DLC. Even had the cerbeus code in it still unused.

I'm on the ropes if I should buy the ME:2 DLC now and get the game on the cheap somewhere or wait for the platinum hits version. Considering that Mass Effect 1 Platinum Hits came wit ha bonus disc and all the DLC I kinda figure it would be worth it to wait and get a more complete pack like ME1 PH version is. I got it for Xmas and all so I figure I'll be done with that game by the time the ME2 PH version is out. Its a hard choice between getting it all now for cheap or waiting for the complete PH version with a few more extras but I think patience is the better choice really. Probably do the same for Mass Effect 3 anyway. Plus the game kinda fits with the gray DVD case anyway.

time to spend those 1300 points that have been sitting in my account for the past year. was waiting to see if they'd ever release an GOTY of ME2, but now it doesn't matter.

[quote name='shadow1w2']I'm on the ropes if I should buy the ME:2 DLC now and get the game on the cheap somewhere or wait for the platinum hits version. Considering that Mass Effect 1 Platinum Hits came wit ha bonus disc and all the DLC I kinda figure it would be worth it to wait and get a more complete pack like ME1 PH version is. I got it for Xmas and all so I figure I'll be done with that game by the time the ME2 PH version is out. Its a hard choice between getting it all now for cheap or waiting for the complete PH version with a few more extras but I think patience is the better choice really. Probably do the same for Mass Effect 3 anyway. Plus the game kinda fits with the gray DVD case anyway.[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that ME1 PH only had Bringing Down The Sky and not Pinnacle Station. ;)

[quote name='shadow1w2']\ Considering that Mass Effect 1 Platinum Hits came wit ha bonus disc and all the DLC I kinda figure it would be worth it to wait and get a more complete pack like ME1 PH version is. [/QUOTE]

Correction: ME1 Platinum Hits only came with one of the DLC add-ons, the other one had to be bought separately. That's why I haven't even questioned waiting vs. buying any that are on sale...because I don't expect there to be an edition of ME2 with everything either.

EDIT: Ninja'ed!

[quote name='shadow1w2']I'm on the ropes if I should buy the ME:2 DLC now and get the game on the cheap somewhere or wait for the platinum hits version. Considering that Mass Effect 1 Platinum Hits came wit ha bonus disc and all the DLC I kinda figure it would be worth it to wait and get a more complete pack like ME1 PH version is. I got it for Xmas and all so I figure I'll be done with that game by the time the ME2 PH version is out. Its a hard choice between getting it all now for cheap or waiting for the complete PH version with a few more extras but I think patience is the better choice really. Probably do the same for Mass Effect 3 anyway. Plus the game kinda fits with the gray DVD case anyway.[/QUOTE]
For god's sake, the platinum hits came with 1 dlc which is 80msp, the one you are missing is 400msp, wow, what a saving there!!! :applause:

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but someone could have seen your post and thought it was a good idea when in fact it is anything but, these dlc packs are dirt cheap and should be purchased if you have any desire at all to play ME2

Backlog is too heavy at the moment so I skipped on Hydro Thunder. Couldn't resist the ME2 DLCs at such a low price. Oh, and I also got the new Pac Man. It's not on-sale, but wow... Game of the Year in my book. I haven't had so much fun playing a video game in a long time. :bouncy:

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Sorry if this sounds harsh, but someone could have seen your post and thought it was a good idea when in fact it is anything but, these dlc packs are dirt cheap and should be purchased if you have any desire at all to play ME2[/QUOTE]
I paid ~$40 for the game, and bought all of the DLC packs for full price at release, plus another copy of the PC CE for the bonus content and all of the various retailer preorder codes on eBay, and I still feel like ME2 is the best value for money I've ever spent on a game. I've started something like 8 characters and finished the game 5 times.

I'm just not sure what to say to people who own the game but balk at paying $7.50 for $27 worth of DLC... Even a hypothetical GOTY version, should one come out, is not likely to be a better deal than this, and most importantly you get to play it right now.

so far I've grabbed Hydro Thunder Hurricane, I Am Legend and the Mass Effect 2 DLCs. Disappointed in the quality of I Am Legend though, I probably should've skipped that but oh well.

will be picking up Monday Night Combat, Limbo and maybe some of the Sonic games (or all since the prices will likely be 200msp and/or lower).

debating on Deadliest Warrior, After Burner Climax, Banjo Tooie and the new Borderlands DLC.

pretty happy I ended up getting four 1600 MSPs codes as gifts from people so far thru christmas/ holidays. just in time for all the deals

Gahhh I don't have enough points to get everything else that is going to go on sale. Guess I will either have to go buy a 1600 pts card or just add $20 worth of pts to my account tonight.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I paid ~$40 for the game, and bought all of the DLC packs for full price at release, plus another copy of the PC CE for the bonus content and all of the various retailer preorder codes on eBay, and I still feel like ME2 is the best value for money I've ever spent on a game. I've started something like 8 characters and finished the game 5 times.

I'm just not sure what to say to people who own the game but balk at paying $7.50 for $27 worth of DLC... Even a hypothetical GOTY version, should one come out, is not likely to be a better deal than this, and most importantly you get to play it right now.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the people who talk about waiting for the mythical future version that pays you to play the DLC are pretty silly.

[quote name='eastx']Yes, the people who talk about waiting for the mythical future version that pays you to play the DLC are pretty silly.[/QUOTE]

This dlc price is great. 10 for the game at kmart on black Friday and 10 more for 1600 points when bought together. When the hell is a goty version going to be a better deal? Never.

So for $20 I got a new copy of me2, 3 dlc packs, and 1200 microsoft points left over. Talk about that mythical version that pay you, these hold outs already missed out on that one.

Was expecting Shadow Broker to be 400 so that's a nice surprise. The fact I had 1200 microsoft points come in from Bing Rewards right before and during this sale made a huge difference. And a bunch of trades just went through on Amazon so I'm set to order at 1600 point card if need be.

[quote name='typical guy']This dlc price is great. 10 for the game at kmart on black Friday and 10 more for 800 points when bought together. When the hell is a goty version going to be a better deal? Never.

So for $20 I got a new copy of me2, 3 dlc packs, and 200 microsoft points left over. Talk about that mythical version that pay you, these hold outs already missed out on that one.[/QUOTE]

Fixed:bouncy:

[quote name='Wargamer']Fixed:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Opps, I was wrong but so were you. It was 1000 left after the purchase of the dlc. Too tired, subtracted 600 from 1800 instead of 1600 for some reason.

Edit: I just looked at your post again (I really am tired!), it was 1600 points for 10 when you bought me2 for 9.99 on black Friday from kmart.

[quote name='typical guy']opps, i was wrong but so were you. It was 1000 left after the purchase of the dlc. Too tired, subtracted 600 from 1800 instead of 1600 for some reason.[/quote]

1600 msp = $20, 800 msp = $10

[quote name='Wargamer']Ah, still a deal anyway ;)[/QUOTE]

Yep, i t was a kmart black Friday deal. I doubt the goty will ever be able to compete with that. $20 for mass effect 2, 3 dlc packs, and 1000 ms points left for other sales.

monday night combat for 600 ms points? that's a steal, buy it now. you also get a free dlc pack with it so you're set and the game has great support. the developers actually listen to the fans and the online community is still active.

[quote name='reddjoey']Monday Night Combat is showing up at 600 MSP
Zombie Mask is 80 MSP

[/QUOTE]
Thanks I enjoyed Monday night combat when it first came out but didn't want to pay 1200 for it but at 600 the price is right!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Would have grabbed MNC for 400, but 600 is probably too rich for my blood...[/QUOTE]
This is what I'm thinking too, unless someone brings up a convincing argument in favor of MNC.
How's the online community and variety in gameplay/maps?

not sure why i bought me2 dlc, was going to pick up the ps3 version down the road anyways. i now have to be on the lookout for me2 in the $10 range.

Probly gonna skip MNC, doesn't look like I would enjoy it.

Still hoping limbo drops to 400-600 on fri, or it's gonna be a skip.

[quote name='harry hood']This is what I'm thinking too, unless someone brings up a convincing argument in favor of MNC.
How's the online community and variety in gameplay/maps?[/QUOTE]
I enjoyed the demo/trial. It came with 30 minutes of online play time. It reminded me of team fortress 2 and a pc game called global agenda for what it's worth.

It's just stupid how good of a deal MNC is for that price. Anyone who considers themselves a fan of online shooters would be a fool not to give this one a shot. Great coop challenges, and simply fantastic online multiplayer. Still quite a community around too.

[quote name='Newl']not sure why i bought me2 dlc, was going to pick up the ps3 version down the road anyways. i now have to be on the lookout for me2 in the $10 range.

Probly gonna skip MNC, doesn't look like I would enjoy it.

Still hoping limbo drops to 400-600 on fri, or it's gonna be a skip.[/QUOTE]
Blockbuster has it used for $10 and Target has new for $13.98.

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']It's just stupid how good of a deal MNC is for that price. Anyone who considers themselves a fan of online shooters would be a fool not to give this one a shot. Great coop challenges, and simply fantastic online multiplayer. Still quite a community around too.[/QUOTE]

Is this game anything like Outrigger that was released on the Dreamcast?

[quote name='ivegotalobon']For god's sake, the platinum hits came with 1 dlc which is 80msp, the one you are missing is 400msp, wow, what a saving there!!! :applause:

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but someone could have seen your post and thought it was a good idea when in fact it is anything but, these dlc packs are dirt cheap and should be purchased if you have any desire at all to play ME2[/QUOTE]

No prob.
That's actually the kind of info I was looking for.
Figures they would be cheap about it, considering its from EA and all.
Too bad the ME1 DLC isn't on sale.
Guess I'll grab the DLC now then. Thanks.

Bought for 9.99 like many of you at blockbuster, beat it, but will gladly pay 600 points to revisit ME2 again! Thanks Microsoft! (Won't say that much)

Which of the 3 ME2 content is likely the least attractive? I can only pick up 2. Shadow Broker would obviously be 1 due to the previous price of 800msp. Which of Kasumi or Overload should I nab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back