Live Se-- CLUB BING Thread 3 *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find I need to drill things often, but holy hell, I would love to do so in style. I suppose I should just wait for something better. Hell, I'm going for a zune right now, but I'm afraid they're gonna pull their "sorry, you've been flagged" BS on me, even though I did everything legit, then all that time will have been wasted.

Recived my Xbox 360 2 Days ago, Took just over a month to arrive which was around 3 weeks earlier than the estimate they gave me. It was a brand new machine, plugged it in and it RRoD on me straight away!!! Just happy I haven't bought any games for it yet otherwise I would be stressed out wanting to play them, already filled a form to get it repaired but whilst I was doing so I noticed the 3 months Warrenty for other problems ran out on Jan 9th so Lucky it was RRoD which is free repair for 3years.

Just letting others who recive the 360 know they should check the warrenty status when reciving there X-Box as it can be disputed on there website to get it to start on day of delivery from. Only thing Im worried about now is getting an old dirty machine back from the repair center the one I got is all clean and new.

[quote name='jayrama81']It's not that great of a drill actually....read some reviews and listen to joe the plumber[/quote]i couldn't find any reviews on it, just the product itself (http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-CD9602SB-9-6-Volt-Cordless/dp/B001AH8OZA/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt). could you link us to these reviews please?

edit: actually i guess it would be this since it comes with a storage bag (http://www.meijer.com/catalog/produ...oryId=1634&categoryId=1412&subCategoryId=1518) and the review on there isn't very helpful. he gave it 5/5 but it's pretty bland. again, could you please link us to these reviews you speak of? thanks again.

Sounds like the 360 you got was a refurb. What was the manufacturing date? Also, I'd ask LSC about it instead of just Microsoft. If they gave you something and it was damaged when you got it, I think they'll replace it. They might be able to give you one better than the repair center will.

[quote name='silverjojo08']Sounds like the 360 you got was a refurb. What was the manufacturing date? Also, I'd ask LSC about it instead of just Microsoft. If they gave you something and it was damaged when you got it, I think they'll replace it. They might be able to give you one better than the repair center will.[/quote]

Yeah, but Microsoft repair will get you another refurb in a couple of weeks. Dealing with LSC could take two months, and you'd still probably get another refurb. Plus, they apparently send out units with expired warranties. If you get it back from the repair center, it'll have a warranty good for at least a month or so on any problem.

i saw a picture of the drill on the home page of LSC last night

then clicked on ALL PRIZES and it wasn't there

WTFZZZZZ

The drill is actually only there for voting purposes. if you look closely at the voting page, it says it'll show up on the 18th, I think it was. Therefore, is not here yet. Calm down, people/

[quote name='jonfelkin']Recived my Xbox 360 2 Days ago, Took just over a month to arrive which was around 3 weeks earlier than the estimate they gave me. It was a brand new machine, plugged it in and it RRoD on me straight away!!! Just happy I haven't bought any games for it yet otherwise I would be stressed out wanting to play them, already filled a form to get it repaired but whilst I was doing so I noticed the 3 months Warrenty for other problems ran out on Jan 9th so Lucky it was RRoD which is free repair for 3years.

Just letting others who recive the 360 know they should check the warrenty status when reciving there X-Box as it can be disputed on there website to get it to start on day of delivery from. Only thing Im worried about now is getting an old dirty machine back from the repair center the one I got is all clean and new.[/quote]

Do you know the exact date you ordered and received a confirmation email? I'm still waiting on mine from 1/16/09.

The actual drill they send will probably be a big orange frame in which you can put a picture a drill and then in one corner a tiny weakass real drill will poke out.
(Can you tell I'm still PO'ed about the "digital picture frame"?)

[quote name='Chupper']The actual drill they send will probably be a big orange frame in which you can put a picture a drill and then in one corner a tiny weakass real drill will poke out.
(Can you tell I'm still PO'ed about the "digital picture frame"?)[/quote]

What's the deal with the picture frame anyways? I read alot of people were pissed off by it as I was skimming the thread

[quote name='jonfelkin']Recived my Xbox 360 2 Days ago, Took just over a month to arrive which was around 3 weeks earlier than the estimate they gave me. It was a brand new machine, plugged it in and it RRoD on me straight away!!! Just happy I haven't bought any games for it yet otherwise I would be stressed out wanting to play them, already filled a form to get it repaired but whilst I was doing so I noticed the 3 months Warrenty for other problems ran out on Jan 9th so Lucky it was RRoD which is free repair for 3years.

Just letting others who recive the 360 know they should check the warrenty status when reciving there X-Box as it can be disputed on there website to get it to start on day of delivery from. Only thing Im worried about now is getting an old dirty machine back from the repair center the one I got is all clean and new.[/quote]

Are you sure its the RROD? I think it's the 2 red rings when you don't connect all the other cables...Mine was like that. I also thought it was RROD.

[quote name='JetBlackout']What's the deal with the picture frame anyways? I read alot of people were pissed off by it as I was skimming the thread[/quote]

It was a regular 4x6 paper picture frame with a small 2" or so lcd in the corner. I don't know why people are pissed off. It was pretty clear from the beginning that it was a POS and not anything like the digital picture frames that retail stores have been pushing the last couple of Christmases.

the drill will at least make a godo gift for someone moving into their first apartment or something like that.

i wouldnt count on it being 'good' but i would get it is 'decent'.....

[quote name='heyitzme']Are you sure its the RROD? I think it's the 2 red rings when you don't connect all the other cables...Mine was like that. I also thought it was RROD.[/quote]

Pretty sure its the RRoD, The lights are quite bright so at first I thought It was all 4 which according to the manual was the TV cable, but after looking closer could tell one was definatly out, I tested on a couple of TV's incase It wasn't correct and when I left the TV cable out all 4 Rings would flash a few times, then a very small pause and the 3 flashing rings would start. What are the other cables all I had plugged in was Power and TV cable, do I need the Ethernet cable plugged in? Will retest later just in case.

To the person who asked if im sure it was a new unit, Im not 100% sure but it was in a sealed box with all the packaging and looks new (no dust in fan no marks etc) so im 90% sure its new depending on how they repackage the refurbs.

A Box to send it to get repaired is on its way to me already which was fast, So its not to much of an inconvinence and free is free after all. It was ordered on the 1st of Jan and Took little over a month to arrive, so cant complain about the service and these things happen,

It took 1 week flat for me to call MS' repair center, for them to send me the box, for me to send it back, and get a refurb 360, which, btw has not given me any trouble in the year I've had it.

[quote name='jayrama81']It's not that great of a drill actually....read some reviews and listen to joe the plumber[/quote]

:cry: But I'm a real apprentice Plumber

xBox002.jpg

I ordered it 12/31/08 and got it today. No shipping notice at all.
So to all that haven't got the shipping don't give up on it :)

I am a complete noobie to xbox system. How do I find all the things I need to know about it. I did look to see MFR date 5/23/2006. It has HDD it.

[quote name='conchopearl']
xBox002.jpg

I ordered it 12/31/08 and got it today. No shipping notice at all.
So to all that haven't got the shipping don't give up on it :)

I am a complete noobie to xbox system. How do I find all the things I need to know about it. I did look to see MFR date 5/23/2006. It has HDD it.[/quote]

Xbox-scene.com is a good place to look for xbox info. I've gotten most of my xbox and xbox 360 info from there. That's definitely an older one.

erehwon , thanks for the info. I will bookmark the site right now .
Yes I could see it is an older one, but if it works I am fine with it since I am not a big time gamer like most of you :)

Ordered a 360 white wireless controller 1/20.

Got a shipping notification today, 2/6....

Pretty quick!!! And will be here the 11th!!!

[quote name='erehwon']I just got my shipping notice for my zune. I should get it around Monday. Please don't be pink. :pray:[/quote]

pink ones go for a lot on ebay you know ;)

Out of curiosity, do you put in an address when you redeem for one of the prizes, or does it track you live ID to an address you have on that account, or something?

[quote name='Jackrabbit$lim']Out of curiosity, do you put in an address when you redeem for one of the prizes, or does it track you live ID to an address you have on that account, or something?[/quote]

I have sent things sent to a relative in another town and things sent to my address on same account.

damn what game are you guys playing to get 360's?? is the secret picture this? simple and fast.
and of course i was going for pgr4 and now its gone..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rustyrage']damn what game are you guys playing to get 360's?? is the secret picture this? simple and fast.
and of course i was going for pgr4 and now its gone..[/quote]

The game with the most points is Flexicon, at 25. Chictionary, spelling bee, and word slugger each give 20 points. anagramssolved.com has most of the answers to these games. It is a major help, depending on how fast you can type. They don't always have the answers to every flexicon game since LSC sometimes adds new games, and no one has submitted the answers. Also don't type too fast in the in the chictionary type games. If you do, it brings up a message box that you have to type some letters in.

[quote name='rustyrage']damn what game are you guys playing to get 360's?? is the secret picture this? simple and fast.
and of course i was going for pgr4 and now its gone..[/quote]

There is nothing fast about getting 55,000 points. We trudge along getting as many points as we have time for every day until we can say eureka!!!!!!
The you order it and sit and wait even longer for it to get to you.

Picture this is a good way to get points if you play by yourself, however that's likely to get you flagged. If you find a good partner to play with, you can get 37 in one game. But that is rare.

(I stole this answer from someone up above and kinda reworded it :D)

You can get up to a max of 40 with a good partner. I've gotten 40 a number of times. The key is for one person to click and the other to copy. Memorize what the other player clicks and click the same image when it pops up again and in no time you'll be matching like crazy because ALL the images repeat. You'll start off slow earning single digit points while trying to learn the images but if you don't quit you'll start matching more and more images through memorization and that's when things really pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back