Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Foladar']I bet Zunes are backordered now, too ..[/quote]

Maybe a little, but most people said it was a waste of points since you can get 3 Vistas for that many points and just sell them.

I'm beginning to think I'm one of only people who is just getting one copy of vista, and actually plan on using it...everywhere I read about this program everyone just wants to get them to sell. -.-

[quote name='_woLf']I'm beginning to think I'm one of only people who is just getting one copy of vista, and actually plan on using it...everywhere I read about this program everyone just wants to get them to sell. -.-[/QUOTE]

I actually got it to use. The first one anyways. I have it on my PC already but it will be nice to have an actual legit serial. I have more ordered but I seriously dont ever expect to see any of them, not with all the cheating that has gone on.

[quote name='musha666']I actually got it to use. The first one anyways. I have it on my PC already but it will be nice to have an actual legit serial. I have more ordered but I seriously dont ever expect to see any of them, not with all the cheating that has gone on.[/QUOTE]

I personally don't see why they wouldn't send them...First they could just weed out all the people with multiple accounts...I really doubt that would take really long. Then i don't see why they wouldn't ship.

Even if they don't remove people using multiple accounts, I don't see why they wouldn't send the prizes. Even if people were cheating, their search engine gets so many hits. Each point earned is at least one hit. Thats not even considering people getting hints, and wrong answers. So, I would've given them well over 24,000 hits in just 5 days. And, then think about how many people are playing. Thats a LOT of hits.

They probably foresaw every single cheating problem that has come up, and they probably decided that it was a worthy trade off for the amount of hits their search engine would get.

I ordered mine to use. I've been putting off doing a fresh format and Vista gives me a good reason. As long as I get it in time for the break between summer and fall term I'll be happy. I don't look forward to sitting through some of the big suite installs again, but nees to be done.

Now that I think about it, I'd be pretty ticked if I was one of the advertisers wasting money on ads on a results page that half the people will never look at.

[quote name='_woLf']I'm beginning to think I'm one of only people who is just getting one copy of vista, and actually plan on using it...everywhere I read about this program everyone just wants to get them to sell. -.-[/QUOTE]
I did order a few copies (on one account) however, I don't intend on selling them. I'm going to hold onto them until Vista releases their service pack then install them on my PC(s).

[quote name='quadomatic']I personally don't see why they wouldn't send them...First they could just weed out all the people with multiple accounts...I really doubt that would take really long. Then i don't see why they wouldn't ship.

Even if they don't remove people using multiple accounts, I don't see why they wouldn't send the prizes. Even if people were cheating, their search engine gets so many hits. Each point earned is at least one hit. Thats not even considering people getting hints, and wrong answers. So, I would've given them well over 24,000 hits in just 5 days. And, then think about how many people are playing. Thats a LOT of hits.

They probably foresaw every single cheating problem that has come up, and they probably decided that it was a worthy trade off for the amount of hits their search engine would get.[/quote]

That was the point I tried to make in the other thread when everyone was whining and cussing because they thought they were getting "screwed" out of prizes they had to spend $0 for. MS is a software giant. They have how many thousands of programmers working for them and you want to tell me they didn't foresee people making bots & macros to get the higher tier prizes. The hundreds of thousands of hits generated by their search engine more than makes up for it. Especially since I doubt there's much cost in reproducing the Vista software.

I ordered one copy of Vista. I have enough points for a second but I'm debating on trying for the Zune.

[quote name='Chitown021']That was the point I tried to make in the other thread when everyone was whining and cussing because they thought they were getting "screwed" out of prizes they had to spend $0 for. MS is a software giant. They have how many thousands of programmers working for them and you want to tell me they didn't foresee people making bots & macros to get the higher tier prizes. The hundreds of thousands of hits generated by their search engine more than makes up for it. Especially since I doubt there's much cost in reproducing the Vista software.

I ordered one copy of Vista. I have enough points for a second but I'm debating on trying for the Zune.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's probably more like millions of hits, but yea

I actually ordered one vista to keep for my new PC when I build it later this year.

Ordered a 2nd, may give to my cousin for a birthday present since he just got a new PC and only has XP. :)

Honestly, even with the cheaters, Microsoft is getting a two-fold benefit out of giving away their stuff. First, they get the inflate their live search usage, and two, they're raising their marketshare in Zunes (which ain't doin' all that well), Vista and the 360. For example, theoretically giving me Vista would be a win, since I run Linux on all of my machines. However, I'm getting mine to sell because I do so desire a 360, and I don't feel like upgrading all of my boxes just to get 3-D effects (I've already had 3-D desktop effects for about 2 years now ;)). I would've gone straight for the 360 had they put enough points into the game to obtain one :(

The cheating is obnoxious, since it backlogs the rest of us from getting our stuff, but don't worry none about Microsoft. They'll come out of this strong as ever. And besides, I guarantee if they weren't aware of the rather rampant cheating, they are now, and I noticed they're still advertising the search club when I logged into my hotmail account today.

Hmmm, someone on Tennis-Talk forums posted that he "found out" that the blank email that went out was supposed to be a shipping email...I'm not so sure about that though. I decided to email support to ask what the email may have been...maybe I'll inadvertently find out that one of my prizes shipped...that'd be my lucky day :D

When's the new "blank email shipping email" coming out? :D

I ordered my Zune after the email, but on the same day.

Need Zune before 18th >

Microsoft WANTS you to have Vista on your computer. Think about it... whether you keep your copies or sell them, someone, somewhere is eventually going to install that copy onto their computer, and then that's one more PC Microsoft has a strangehold on.

Everyone involved in this is doing Microsoft's bidding by distributing copies of Vista.

The reason they aren't shipping as quickly as they were is because of a lot of people are placing orders for them. That's exactly what Microsoft wants.

Also, people on here are talking about getting a free copy to "upgrade" to a legit seriel number. That's another victory for Microsoft.

[quote name='quadomatic']Hmmm, someone on Tennis-Talk forums posted that he "found out" that the blank email that went out was supposed to be a shipping email...I'm not so sure about that though. I decided to email support to ask what the email may have been...maybe I'll inadvertently find out that one of my prizes shipped...that'd be my lucky day :D[/QUOTE]
They said the email was an accident.
I doubt it was a shipping email, too many were mailed out.

[quote name='Foladar']They said the email was an accident.
I doubt it was a shipping email, too many were mailed out.[/QUOTE]

Yea probably...The thing is, there was a poll done on some forum asking if whoever got that email ordered a prize, all said yes. No one said they hadn't ordered a prize and gotten it...so if it's not a shipping email, I'm guessing its a prize redemption history...

UPDATE: Was Flight Simulator X always 3250 points? I thought it was 2500...did they jack up the price?

Engel has some damn good points, and speaks the truth about this whole thing.

I bought a 360 earlier this month so Kameo and Live Arcade Unplugged are a sweet deal for me. I may get PGR3 but I already bought Forza 2, who needs another racing game after that? ;)

I think I'm gonna order Flight Sim X just to have it, I already have a flight joystick that I bought a couple years ago for BF2, should work fine.

How do u report files on FileFront? Someone posted a new, very evil macro...

UPDATE: lol, and just like that, the thread that had it is gone...nice job GameFAQs moderators...it's about time they stepped up against cheating

[quote name='smellhasreturned']what the hell some guy got 29 vistas on gamefaqs !?

wow[/QUOTE]
Theres a difference between ordered and received.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']Yea i know but he says he ordered them

multiple accounts should be deleted[/QUOTE]

heck yea...that would remove a LOT of orders for vistas....

I'm not sure if they would do that though, simply because they can claim they're for other people in their house, which I don't think they could stop because I don't think there is a restriction against that in the TOS

I don't think Microsoft will actually have a hard time filling these orders....I think that the crazy cheating will die down soon, simply because they're lowering caps. It's not really difficult for them to produce copies of vista, they're just discs, manuals, and a box.

Also, they could simply implement a system where they can't have more than so and so prizes PER HOUSEHOLD, so if they notice that they're shipping a whole bunch to the same house, they'll just ship 5 (or none at all). It wouldn't be very difficult to do that, and I doubt that of the vast majority of people who got more than 5 Vistas had the "sense" (for lack of a better word, these people did use multiple accounts and cheated big time) to use multiple addresses to get their stuff.

Microsoft has nothing to do with running this site. They hired an outside company to run this promotion. MS is just supplying prizes.

[quote name='Chitown021']That was the point I tried to make in the other thread when everyone was whining and cussing because they thought they were getting "screwed" out of prizes they had to spend $0 for. MS is a software giant. They have how many thousands of programmers working for them and you want to tell me they didn't foresee people making bots & macros to get the higher tier prizes. The hundreds of thousands of hits generated by their search engine more than makes up for it. Especially since I doubt there's much cost in reproducing the Vista software.

I ordered one copy of Vista. I have enough points for a second but I'm debating on trying for the Zune.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Microsoft has nothing to do with running this site. They hired an outside company to run this promotion. MS is just supplying prizes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but who do you think came up with the concept for it? They probably would've tried to think of the pros, cons, and possible problems to doing this before commissioning Incentive Logic to running the program.

You don't get to being the company that makes the #1 used Operating System in the world by not having foresight.

And even then, that furthers the chances of everybody getting their prizes, regardless of the people cheating the system. Why does Incentive Logic care, so long as Microsoft keeps paying them, and prizes keep coming out of Microsoft's pocket and not theirs. Microsoft still probably maintains a lot of control over the program, which would explain the lower in point caps (I'm glad for those, as they stop the cheaters, but I'm also disappointed, because new members who wouldn't cheat won't be able to get as many points anymore).

Nope, I'm in the same boat... I'm not impatient either. It's an OS, there's no rush as long as I get it eventually.

The concept came from a Live Search marketing guy, the game and puzzles were already available. Except 4.

No, Microsoft didn't expect this cheating. They outsourced the program and Incentive Logic doesn't want make any decisions without Microsoft's approval, thats why the TOS is getting updated and such.

Remember last time they took out Vista so it wouldn't go in backorder ? This happened to the Webcam and Controller as well. Well, why do you think they are still taking orders despite the huge backlog now ?

Whoever said they don't care is wrong. Wy would they have put a cap on the most macro'ed games then ?

[quote name='Postman']The concept came from a Live Search marketing guy, the game and puzzles were already available. Except 4.

No, Microsoft didn't expect this cheating. They outsourced the program and Incentive Logic doesn't want make any decisions without Microsoft's approval, thats why the TOS is getting updated and such.

Remember last time they took out Vista so it wouldn't go in backorder ? This happened to the Webcam and Controller as well. Well, why do you think they are still taking orders despite the huge backlog now ?

Whoever said they don't care is wrong. Wy would they have put a cap on the most macro'ed games then ?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing they put Vista Ultimate back because people may not have been playing as much, and they probably needed to put in an order for a huge shipment before they put vista back as being available. I'm guessing they did put in an order for a huge shipment, and I'm hoping they'll be getting it soon. The size of the shipment was probably WHY it was said that it would take 2 weeks for them to start shipping again. They also said that everyone who ordered their Vistas would get them, but that probably won't apply to, at the least, people using multiple accounts and trying to get stuff all shipped to the same address.

I think that Microsoft/Incentive Logic WILL do something to stop people from getting more than 5 vistas by using multiple accounts. As I said, they can just check as they're shipping stuff out, whether any address is getting more than 5 Vistas. If anyone is getting more than 5 Vistas, they can choose not to fill any more requests then 5. Sure, they may not be able to say that you can't use multiple accounts, since you can probably have more than one Windows Live ID per house (Hotmail, etc.), but they can say you can't have more than 5 Vistas per house. Hopefully that will help to make sure everyone gets their fair share of prizes, and not let those that used multiple accounts ruin it for the rest of us.

Out of curiosity does anyone know what the current maximum number of tickets is right now if someone completed all available puzzles in all of the games?

[quote name='Postman']The concept came from a Live Search marketing guy, the game and puzzles were already available. Except 4.

Whoever said they don't care is wrong. Wy would they have put a cap on the most macro'ed games then ?[/quote]
How do you know this? Do you work for MS or something?

EDIT: (Do we now have a spy in this thread like in the Microsoft on-line training thread?)

[quote name='Chitown021']Out of curiosity does anyone know what the current maximum number of tickets is right now if someone completed all available puzzles in all of the games?[/QUOTE]

Well, it WAS just a bit over 30,000...now it's more like 24,000, probably less. I'm not sure if they lowered the cap on Crosswire, but they probably did, so it may be only around 21,000

Sephiroth1089: The caps are all the same as the people on the top of the leaderboards, except for Chicktionary and Crosswire, which were both lowered to 1000 points (well, at least chicktionary was, I'm not sure about Crosswire), because people were cheating the hell out of those games with macros and bots. Way to go cheaters, ruining it for everyone else.

Yeay ordered my Zune. Come on baby! I'm only partly expecting to get it with all the cheating and stuff that has gone on. What a bummer that will be if it never comes :(

[quote name='iph03n1xi']No FedEx for me today...

It's 6:41 now, and everyone else has gotten stuff...[/quote]

not me...theres always monday and i ordered a controller...has anyone recieved theres today or yesterday?

[quote name='Brenex']Yeay ordered my Zune. Come on baby! I'm only partly expecting to get it with all the cheating and stuff that has gone on. What a bummer that will be if it never comes :([/QUOTE]

I think it's safe to say that u'll get ur Zune. I found proof that 2 people have received Zunes today.

nikelecious91: I posted a whole bunch of stories and pics about people getting prizes yesterday, and I do think that somebody got a controller yesterday

[quote name='quadomatic']I think it's safe to say that u'll get ur Zune. I found proof that 2 people have received Zunes today.[/quote]

Is it safe to say that I'll get it within 7 business days? :S

I can do with 8 business days, but after that, I'll be gone :(

[quote name='iph03n1xi']Is it safe to say that I'll get it within 7 business days? :S

I can do with 8 business days, but after that, I'll be gone :([/QUOTE]

There is ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE that it would be "safe" to say that you would get it within 7 business days. What I meant is, you will get your Zune, regardless of cheating. I personally believe that everyone will get their prizes regardless of cheating (except the cheaters using multiple accounts and such).

Whether or not you'll get your Zune within 7 business days depends on how many Zune's they have in stock, when you ordered it, and where you live. Even if I knew all those things, no one would be able to tell you whether you'll get it that soon.

Please do realize that there are people that have been waiting for their Vistas for over 2 weeks, and they'll likely be waiting for another week at least.

BTW: Would I be right in saying that Vista was removed on the 21st, and came back on the 28th?

[quote name='quadomatic']I just heard of ANOTHER person getting their Zune. Those are really rolling out.[/quote]

When'd he order / get / live?

[quote name='iph03n1xi']When'd he order / get / live?[/QUOTE]

dont know, dont know, dont know

If I knew, I would've posted it

He did say that it took 8 days for it to come. I think they ship from someplace in Arizona...or at least out west. The further West you are, the faster you'll get your prize. I think at most it takes 10 days (from the shipping date).

[quote name='iph03n1xi']Phoenix, Arizona.

I live in Seattle, placed the order at around 11 PM on Thursday night.[/QUOTE]

Then you're one of the later orders...depending on whether they're back ordered or not, you may have to wait awhile...but then again after seeing what happened with the Vistas, they may have decided to stock up on Zunes

Also, back to the subject of cheating, it does seem like they aren't doing a whole lot to stop cheaters and such...One of the people who got their Zunes used bots and the other crazy hack that doesn't even really play the game, AND multiple accounts...

It seems like they're more concerned with preventing cheating.

Look at how fast it spreads. The best thing to do is limit the immediate damage quickly-IE, lowering caps. Then after the immediate danger is gone, start reworking the programs to defeat the current and future attacks. Lastly, weed out any cheaters you can.

[quote name='quadomatic']Then you're one of the later orders...depending on whether they're back ordered or not, you may have to wait awhile...but then again after seeing what happened with the Vistas, they may have decided to stock up on Zunes

Also, back to the subject of cheating, it does seem like they aren't doing a whole lot to stop cheaters and such...One of the people who got their Zunes used bots and the other crazy hack that doesn't even really play the game, AND multiple accounts...

It seems like they're more concerned with preventing cheating.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back