Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='quadomatic']dont know, dont know, dont know

If I knew, I would've posted it

He did say that it took 8 days for it to come. I think they ship from someplace in Arizona...or at least out west. The further West you are, the faster you'll get your prize. I think at most it takes 10 days (from the shipping date).[/QUOTE]
Yeah its Phoenix, AZ .. took 7 days to go AZ->FL (Miami) for me.

I ordered

Vista

Headset

Cam

Today... hopefully ill recieve soon

Oh and is it possible to get a zune now if i beat all games how much points is that?

Well I can say I ordered my Vista on the 2nd, and I'm IN Phoenix (the other side of town from Scottsdale, but come on, this is FedEx), so if you ordered later than that, don't sit too close to the mailbox ;)

[quote name='uagent']Well I can say I ordered my Vista on the 2nd, and I'm IN Phoenix (the other side of town from Scottsdale, but come on, this is FedEx), so if you ordered later than that, don't sit too close to the mailbox ;)[/quote]

Vista is still backordered, so don't expect yours for a while.

Zunes, on the other hand, have been rolling out.

[quote name='uagent']Well I can say I ordered my Vista on the 2nd, and I'm IN Phoenix (the other side of town from Scottsdale, but come on, this is FedEx), so if you ordered later than that, don't sit too close to the mailbox ;)[/QUOTE]
People are still waiting from the 20th, so I'd agree..

[quote name='uagent']Well I can say I ordered my Vista on the 2nd, and I'm IN Phoenix (the other side of town from Scottsdale, but come on, this is FedEx), so if you ordered later than that, don't sit too close to the mailbox ;)[/QUOTE]

If you ordered after the 2nd then you DEFINITELY shouldn't be waiting by the mailbox...

If you ordered after the 20th you shouldn't be waiting by the mailbox either (that means you)

No one answered me before. Vistas were removed on the 21st and were put back on the 28th right?

I think thats right.

[quote name='quadomatic']If you ordered after the 2nd then you DEFINITELY shouldn't be waiting by the mailbox...

If you ordered after the 20th you shouldn't be waiting by the mailbox either (that means you)

No one answered me before. Vistas were removed on the 21st and were put back on the 28th right?[/quote]

To all of you in the thread waiting on prizes... just be PATIENT! The bottom line is many of the most popular prizes have been backordered because of the high participation and cheating. Quit posting stuff like "so you think I'll see it in 7 days?" Nobody with the exception of MS knows when you're going to get it!

The WORST that can happen is you don't get your prizes... big whoop! How much did you pay for it ....ZILCH,ZERO,NADA! Your only investment was a little time and effort (very minimal in some cases where bots and/or macros were used).
TO SUMMARIZE:
1) QUIT WHINING!
2) BE PATIENT!

[quote name='Chitown021']To all of you in the thread waiting on prizes... just be PATIENT! The bottom line is many of the most popular prizes have been backordered because of the high participation and cheating. Quit posting stuff like "so you think I'll see it in 7 days?" Nobody with the exception of MS knows when you're going to get it!

The WORST that can happen is you don't get your prizes... big whoop! How much did you pay for it ....ZILCH,ZERO,NADA! Your only investment was a little time and effort (very minimal in some cases where bots and/or macros were used).
TO SUMMARIZE:
1) QUIT WHINING!
2) BE PATIENT!
[/quote]

Well, I'm only worried that I'll be gone by the time my Zune reaches my door, and then someone will come up to my house and steal it :S

Again, Microsoft doesn't have a clue either as they aren't running this promotion. They are paying another company to do this all for them.

[quote name='Chitown021']To all of you in the thread waiting on prizes... just be PATIENT! The bottom line is many of the most popular prizes have been backordered because of the high participation and cheating. Quit posting stuff like "so you think I'll see it in 7 days?" Nobody with the exception of MS knows when you're going to get it!

TO SUMMARIZE:
1) QUIT WHINING!
2) BE PATIENT!
[/quote]

How long are you going to be gone? Is no one else going to be home? That'd be funny if they returned your pack to the shipper.

[quote name='iph03n1xi']Well, I'm only worried that I'll be gone by the time my Zune reaches my door, and then someone will come up to my house and steal it :S[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']How long are you going to be gone? Is no one else going to be home? That'd be funny if they returned your pack to the shipper.[/quote]

Family vacation for 3 weeks...

So yea, empty house...

I hope they just drop it off or hide it in a corner or something...

[quote name='iph03n1xi']Family vacation for 3 weeks...

So yea, empty house...

I hope they just drop it off or hide it in a corner or something...[/QUOTE]

Can't you have someone get it for you? Like a neighbor or something?

[quote name='quadomatic']Can't you have someone get it for you? Like a neighbor or something?[/quote]

I will if it comes down to that, but I don't want to have them check every day or something...

Also, I just really want it soon because my current MP3 player only has 2 GB, and I'm out of room...lol.

[quote name='iph03n1xi']Family vacation for 3 weeks...

So yea, empty house...

I hope they just drop it off or hide it in a corner or something...[/quote]
hmmm my neighbor is going on vacation could it be U!? lol jk
just call bill gates and tell him to hold it for u.

[quote name='Furashu']hmmm my neighbor is going on vacation could it be U!? lol jk
just call bill gates and tell him to hold it for u.[/quote]

Bill Gates IS my neighbor.

Just kidding :D

I wish...

I think it's funny that these forums consider people who use bots/hacks whatever as dirty cheaters, but people who use oneacross.com are ok.

not to mention that it is apparently ok for people to say "I'd like to get a legit copy of vista on my machine" so software piracy is ok when it comes to stealing from MS, but not by macro'ing these games?

and you have 2 gig of LEGIT MP3's, so therefore you need a zune because you can't fit them all on your old MP3 player?

If the bot users are cheating and breaking the TOS, so are 90% of the people on this forum. Stop pissing and moaning about when you are going to get your shit, and just let us know WHEN you get it and what it was.

not that I don't completely share your feelings about the people ordering 29 zunes while the rest of us wait on 2 legit vistas.

or the people who post comments like this

Warning to all people who is considering selling vistas on e*bay. Beware of vERO, Copyrights, Intelectual Property Rights, no Reseller Contract. Microsoft can and will put you in jail.

[quote name='CMaher']I think it's funny that these forums consider people who use bots/hacks whatever as dirty cheaters, but people who use oneacross.com are ok.

not to mention that it is apparently ok for people to say "I'd like to get a legit copy of vista on my machine" so software piracy is ok when it comes to stealing from MS, but not by macro'ing these games?

and you have 2 gig of LEGIT MP3's, so therefore you need a zune because you can't fit them all on your old MP3 player?

If the bot users are cheating and breaking the TOS, so are 90% of the people on this forum. Stop pissing and moaning about when you are going to get your shit, and just let us know WHEN you get it and what it was.[/quote]

lol shhh ull start a flame war DONT SPEAK THE TRUTH!!!!!!:whistle2:#

[quote name='CMaher']I think it's funny that these forums consider people who use bots/hacks whatever as dirty cheaters, but people who use oneacross.com are ok.

If the bot users are cheating and breaking the TOS, so are 90% of the people on this forum. Stop pissing and moaning about when you are going to get your shit, and just let us know WHEN you get it and what it was.[/quote]

well, there goes this live search thread also

this thread was already gone. about 4 pages ago someone linked this conversation to the hackers paradise over at gamefaqs. notice the "oh that's where that was, I was looking for that comment" soon after.

not sure how me pointing out the hypocrisy of some of the comments in this thread will bring it down, but OK.

I ordered 3. One for me and one for two guys I work with.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Honestly, the only people who bother me are the ones who order 3-80 Vistas.[/quote]

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Honestly, the only people who bother me are the ones who order 3-80 Vistas.[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm safe with 85.

[quote name='CMaher']
Warning to all people who is considering selling vistas on e*bay. Beware of vERO, Copyrights, Intelectual Property Rights, no Reseller Contract. Microsoft can and will put you in jail.[/QUOTE]

I just read about vERO, and it said that eBay will just remove any items that violate it. It doesn't seem like Microsoft cares about people selling Vista Ultimates, since most every Vista Ultimate auction I've watched has completed with no problems, and I doubt any of them were licensed resellers. None of them claimed they were.

It seems like vERO would only be a problem if the Vista you were trying to sell wasn't an official Retail version, and these are official retail versions. They come in a normal box and everything. Here's proof:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8212741@N06/

[quote name='Kayden']I ordered 3. One for me and one for two guys I work with.[/quote]
Now, that's different. You're buying them for people.

Not farming them to sell.

EDIT: You know what? I'm going to ask this here. I'm new to this site, so I'm wondering: why do so many people who quote posts put the quote below their response? I've never seen it done that way on any other forum.

I think that's just Kayden.
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Now, that's different. You're buying them for people.

EDIT: You know what? I'm going to ask this here. I'm new to this site, so I'm wondering: why do so many people who quote posts put the quote below their response? I've never seen it done that way on any other forum.[/quote]

To answer the question from a few pages back, Vista wasn't removed on the 21st. I ordered my first one on the 24th. My second one was ordered on the 29th. So in between there sometime was when it was taken off.

In response to CMaher, Microsoft would have no way of pressing that against you, as quadomatic stated, since in the ToS they merely declare that you can't sell prizes back to Microsoft (sort of like how coupons state that they have no cash value), and if you never open the package, you a)never agree to the EULA and b)by giving you a copy, Microsoft has ended their First Sale jurisdiction. VeRO just protects against burned copies, as I accidentally managed to purchase once (who knew GBA games could be so easily pirated, and so badly knocked off o_O) and/or selling OEM editions w/o hardware.

I'm special. :lol:

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Now, that's different. You're buying them for people.

EDIT: You know what? I'm going to ask this here. I'm new to this site, so I'm wondering: why do so many people who quote posts put the quote below their response? I've never seen it done that way on any other forum.[/quote]

I cant believe there are still people cheating continuosly. They havent even recieved anything yet, and the more accounts you make under the same address the more likely you will get caught and busted for cheating.

I hope the people who have orders 5+ Vistas, Zunes, etc. get caught.

My friend made 3+ accounts and got over 60,000pts combined in over three days.

I hope he doesn't get shit.

Well I hope he atleast gets colon cancer.

[quote name='cardiff']My friend made 3+ accounts and got over 60,000pts combined in over three days.

I hope he doesn't get shit.[/quote]

i hadn't been on the site for a week or two and saw that they added live arcade unplugged, i decided just to get that. I was originally going for the controller but i didn't feel like doing anymore stupid puzzles, and i had almost exactly how much i needed for the game anyways. I don't really want the game that much but, its better than nothing and maybe i can sell it

[quote name='Kayden']Well I hope he atleast gets colon cancer.[/quote]

Lmao...I'd put that in my sig, but "Newbies" aren't allowed sigs :roll:

I have 16.5K tickets. Nyah! Need Zune!

[quote name='uagent']In response to CMaher, Microsoft would have no way of pressing that against you, as quadomatic stated, since in the ToS they merely declare that you can't sell prizes back to Microsoft (sort of like how coupons state that they have no cash value), and if you never open the package, you a)never agree to the EULA and b)by giving you a copy, Microsoft has ended their First Sale jurisdiction. VeRO just protects against burned copies, as I accidentally managed to purchase once (who knew GBA games could be so easily pirated, and so badly knocked off o_O) and/or selling OEM editions w/o hardware.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming that for me and the rest of us. I thought there must've been something wrong, as there are plenty of auctions on eBay for retail versions of Vista Ultimate, and I only saw one seller that claimed that they were a "Microsoft Authorized Reseller".

Finally got enough points to order a zune. thanks to the help of anagramssolved. Estimated ship date is 9/1, but ill just be happy if I ever get it. Has anyone gotten one that wasnt brown?

anyway to get it exchanged for a different color if it does come in brown? Not trying to get money or anything for it. Guess that would be just as bad though.

Just a head up to people.

DON'T BOTHER USING BOTS

Microsoft is flagging accounts that bot now. My friend just lost all his accounts.

[quote name='djbooba']Just a head up to people.

DON'T BOTHER USING BOTS

Microsoft is flagging accounts that bot now. My friend just lost all his accounts.[/quote]

I was wondering how long it would take them before they started cracking down on that. Did your friend get an e-mail or something telling him his account was canceled because of bots??

Also I wonder if that's part of the delay in prize fulfillment? Maybe they want to weed out some of the accounts that used bots to get the pts so they don't have to fulfill their prize requests...

Actually, I really don't see there being any harm in this. You're not changing their stock, taking money or lying. Say it was a gift and they got you the wrong color, you just want to swap it. Of course, if they ask did they buy it here... well, they you're going to lie.

[quote name='Brenex']anyway to get it exchanged for a different color if it does come in brown? Not trying to get money or anything for it. Guess that would be just as bad though.[/quote]

[quote name='Brenex']anyway to get it exchanged for a different color if it does come in brown? Not trying to get money or anything for it. Guess that would be just as bad though.[/QUOTE]

I think all the Zunes I've seen people get so far have all been brown. They will probably all be brown, since thats probably the most unpopular color...it would be easier for them to get those to ship instead of others

I suppose you could try to trade with someone else here...I really doubt you would be able to walk into a store and exchange ur Zune for a different color...

If it really bothers you that much, you could go get the leather case for it, so you don't see the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back