Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiders don't index a page like club.live every day. Sometimes for sites that are not content-focused, it may only index once a week. The reason it says that is because the last time it was indexed, the site was under maintainence and the title/description tags were changed to say so.

So I'm kinda confused right now... I know this is a 63 page thread.. so I'm just wondering something...

If I'm playing like Chicktionary, and use that site to descramble all the words... so I finnish a game in like 2 mins, my points are going to get deleted?

Nobody knows why they are clearing out points. It is most likely a bug somewhere in the system, or them being over-cautious and taking down anyone suspicious.

I'm having a serious issue with these games. I don't know if I've maxed out flexicon and chicktionary, but it won't let me play any more of those. I didn't lose any points, but now all I can play is clink and the other games. It's been like this for two or three weeks, and I only have 15185 points. Anyone know whats going on?

[quote name='richavez']I'm having a serious issue with these games. I don't know if I've maxed out flexicon and chicktionary, but it won't let me play any more of those. I didn't lose any points, but now all I can play is clink and the other games. It's been like this for two or three weeks, and I only have 15185 points. Anyone know whats going on?[/QUOTE]

That means the games are maxed out. You have no puzzles left for flexicon and chicktionary.

[quote name='quadomatic']That means the games are maxed out. You have no puzzles left for flexicon and chicktionary.[/quote]

That really bums me out. I worked my ass off to get three vistas and now theyre gone. :(

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I doubt that.[/quote]
Whats that supposed to mean. I legitimately got my points. I work in a slow office all day, so I played games all day. Dont be jealous.

[quote name='richavez']Whats that supposed to mean. I legitimately got my points. I work in a slow office all day, so I played games all day. Dont be jealous.[/quote] Where do you work? I'd like to play games all day at work.... :D

[quote name='richavez']Whats that supposed to mean. I legitimately got my points. I work in a slow office all day, so I played games all day. Dont be jealous.[/quote]

So you had enough time to play all of the puzzles one by one in order to earn 18,000 tickets the legit way? That's very unlikely. That's what he's trying to say...

I didn't have 18,000 tickets, only 15,185, and yeah I did play games one by one. I've been playing these games since they first started the tickets thing. Im sorry that he thinks that just because he has to cheat to get a few thousand points everyone else does too.

[quote name='richavez']I didn't have 18,000 tickets, only 15,185, and yeah I did play games one by one. I've been playing these games since they first started the tickets thing. Im sorry that he thinks that just because he has to cheat to get a few thousand points everyone else does too.[/quote]

Vista used to cost 6000 tickets. You said you got 3... Simple math 3x 6000 = 18,000... I'm not saying you cheated but from personal experience just trying to get 6000 tickets to order one...you must've had an assload of time to play those puzzles at work.

[quote name='Chitown021']Vista used to cost 6000 tickets. You said you got 3... Simple math 3x 6000 = 18,000... I'm not saying you cheated but from personal experience just trying to get 6000 tickets to order one...you must've had an assload of time to play those puzzles at work.[/quote]
I said I wanted to get three vistas, never said I got them. Because I obviously didn't have enough points to get them, and then they disappeared. So, I cant get them now. And Yeah, I do have a lot of time. I work 7 days a week 8 hours a day, and do nothing but sit on a computer.

[quote name='richavez']I said I wanted to get three vistas, never said I got them. Because I obviously didn't have enough points to get them, and then they disappeared. So, I cant get them now. And Yeah, I do have a lot of time. I work 7 days a week 8 hours a day, and do nothing but sit on a computer.[/quote]

Ah gotcha... Well that's a sweet gig ya got there.

[quote name='Chitown021']Vista used to cost 6000 tickets. You said you got 3... Simple math 3x 6000 = 18,000... I'm not saying you cheated but from personal experience just trying to get 6000 tickets to order one...you must've had an assload of time to play those puzzles at work.[/QUOTE]

I got 24,158 points playing legitly for about 5 days...yea it's a HUGE pain, and takes a LOOOOOOONNGG time (time you will never get back) but it can be done. There's NO reason people should be using bots/macros when you can play legitly and get all your points. If you really want the points, earn em legitly.

If Live Search Club ever gets more puzzles (at this point, I'm kinda doubting it) and fixes itself up, then maybe I'll try for a Zune

[quote name='richavez']Whats that supposed to mean. I legitimately got my points. I work in a slow office all day, so I played games all day. Dont be jealous.[/QUOTE]

If you weren't so new here, you'd know I got the other thread shut down because I complained about all the cheaters.

I'm the last person to use any other method than the right one, and I ended up with 5000 points.

Good gravy. It's taking me a long time to actually earn points. My mom plays clink for me when I'm at school but when I get home, I play flexicon. It's taking a really long time. I have been trying to play everyday for as long as I can with out my eyes hurting. I finished Crosswire and Chicktionary. I both did them legit. Right now, I am playing all games legit and still earning little points. I hope they add more prizes for the 5,000-20,000 area. If I don't want a tee shirt, I have to wait until 20,000 for a Zune. Oh well.

Jayson

ordered mah zune the 8th (n b4 teh rush) it should be here tomorrow, if the 7 day waiting period is true. 8+7=15 but 15th=sunday

I placed my order the third have yet to get mine.

[quote name='zellers94']ordered mah zune the 8th (n b4 teh rush) it should be here tomorrow, if the 7 day waiting period is true. 8+7=15 but 15th=sunday[/quote]

yea the 7 day expectancy was for people who ordered on the 3rd (some people got it from that day others haven't) or before. After that no one has gotten theirs.

[quote name='Brenex']yea the 7 day expectancy was for people who ordered on the 3rd (some people got it from that day others haven't) or before. After that no one has gotten theirs.[/QUOTE]
i think ive seen people getting theirs from the 4th and 5th

To make this a clear understanding:

1. If we get a confirmation email, it is absolutely sure to come, even if people botted.
2. If we botted, all of our points have been erased. If we didn't, we still have our points and can continue with our current accounts.
3. If we botted, we must make a new account, which will not be erased if we do not bot.

Is that correct? I'd like to see this in the first post, as a sort of FAQ of what's happening.

Are we really sure if the confirmation means you get the product guaranteed? I mean, they might have not shipped the stuff yet. The other stuff looks about right though.

[quote name='Full_Throttle']
1. If we get a confirmation email, it is absolutely sure to come, even if people botted.
[/quote]

I doubt that is true.

[quote name='Full_Throttle']To make this a clear understanding:

2. If we botted, all of our points have been erased. If we didn't, we still have our points and can continue with our current accounts.
3. If we botted, we must make a new account, which will not be erased if we do not bot.

Is that correct? I'd like to see this in the first post, as a sort of FAQ of what's happening.[/QUOTE]
I'd probably say all of those would be incorrect, but thats my opinion.
Confirmation email just means they got your "prize order" .. nothing more. They can decline your prize even after its shipped out by intercepting it back to their warehouse. Legit accounts have lost points, so its not just accounts that had a cheat of sorts in any form. If they likely banned for botting, I'd assume they would be able to see any other accounts via IP or something, but thats the only one I wouldn't say 100% for sure. Honestly though, nobody knows anything at this point.

At this point there are no guarantees... Legit accounts have lost points, people have received prizes without getting any sort of e-mail confirming their orders, and from what I can tell it's been awhile since any prizes have shipped. There's no rhyme or reason to the things that MS is doing with accounts or prizes.

I'm in the I'll be pleasantly surprised if anything comes, and if so I'll play some more camp.

But I'm not getting my hopes up

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Listen up and listen good.....i have multiple account for live search club......2 of them, i legitimately earn tickets on and 1 i botted.....blah, blah, blah......well the botted one lost it's points....and no matter if i played a game legit or not i get 0 on that account.......where as the other 2 accounts i can earn tickets legitimately no problem(don't want to bot those accounts just yet)...has anybody who lost their points been able to gain any more for that account.......if u don't play a game under any account for 180 days it gets wiped out.....so i have been randomly playing one game every few hours to see if i could get points for my account that lost them(no luck yet......lol) and i am just wonder if that even counts.....or will these accounts that lost points disappear after 180 days......perhaps this is a weak attempt from m$ to get search hits from people checking their account to see if they could get points on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

[quote name='VWKILLER0']:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Listen up and listen good.....i have multiple account for live search club......2 of them, i legitimately earn tickets on and 1 i botted.....blah, blah, blah......well the botted one lost it's points....and no matter if i played a game legit or not i get 0 on that account.......where as the other 2 accounts i can earn tickets legitimately no problem(don't want to bot those accounts just yet)...has anybody who lost their points been able to gain any more for that account.......if u don't play a game under any account for 180 days it gets wiped out.....so i have been randomly playing one game every few hours to see if i could get points for my account that lost them(no luck yet......lol) and i am just wonder if that even counts.....or will these accounts that lost points disappear after 180 days......perhaps this is a weak attempt from m$ to get search hits from people checking their account to see if they could get points on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:[/QUOTE]

No talk of cheating. Period. Ask elsewhere.

Um, didn't anyone else get banned from GameFAQs boards? I don't know why, at all. I visit there 20 mins ago, and it said 403 Error, and now i'm banned.

Seems they shut the whole board down and banned everyone on it? LOL

[quote name='RESmonkey']Um, didn't anyone else get banned from GameFAQs boards? I don't know why, at all. I visit there 20 mins ago, and it said 403 Error, and now i'm banned.

Seems they shut the whole board down and banned everyone on it? LOL[/QUOTE]

No they didn't. Don't get my hopes up like that...

Maybe you should ask there. This isn't gamefaqs nor does anyone here particularly care about gamefaqs, with the exception of keeping gamefaqian immigration to cag at a minimum.

Ok So i sent them an E-mail last week asking about my order status. here is what they wrote back to me.

Thank you for contacting us with regard to your recent activity with Microsoft Live Search Club

We are in the process of validating all orders and will be shipping verified orders within the specified time period of 10 weeks from the date your order was placed.

If you have any questions with regard to validation or shipment time please refer to the club.live.com game site for the terms and conditions.

Please visit the site for updated on new items available in the prize mall.

We hope you enjoy the Live Search Club program and we look forward to your ongoing participation.

Sincerely,

Live Search Club Order Support

We are in the process of validating all orders and will be shipping verified orders within the specified time period of 10 weeks from the date your order was placed.

That doesn't mean they are checking for cheaters, it means they are just sorting out all of the orders and get all the prizes ready, or at least that is my take on it.

[quote name='megaseadramon']We are in the process of validating all orders and will be shipping verified orders within the specified time period of 10 weeks from the date your order was placed.

That doesn't mean they are checking for cheaters, it means they are just sorting out all of the orders and get all the prizes ready, or at least that is my take on it.[/quote]

I hope you're right but with all of those prizes on the line I think it's more like their looking for all of the accounts that earned the tickets the legit way and only sending the prizes to those people.

[quote name='Chitown021']I hope you're right but with all of those prizes on the line I think it's more like their looking for all of the accounts that earned the tickets the legit way and only sending the prizes to those people.[/QUOTE] I don't really see how they could tell the difference if they weren't monitoring it which I am sure people would have been banned by now if they knew who the cheaters were.

In all honesty I don't think they would flat out deny the prizes to said people. First of all, the prize with the biggest demand would be Vista before the switch to the lame Home Premium version (not sure if it still is. It might be). Microsoft WANTS Vista to be in as many people's homes as possible, obviously without giving it for free. Even if people botted, the hits were still there, and they will still get money for those hits. By the time people got 6000 points for Vista Ultimate the company probably already had made a lot more than an Ultimate's worth just out of their search hits, bots or no bots.

Anyway, I've e-mailed them to ask if people who ordered Ultimate before the switch will still get Ultimate or the new Home Premium version. Still no reply but I'll get back to you whenever I get the answer.

Other than that, I don't really recommend people e-mail them about their orders. They always give the generic response of "it will be within 10 weeks", therefore not answering your question at all. Just don't bother.

We could all offer opinions until we're blue in the face. All we can really do is guess. Who knows. However, even basic webservers track pageviews by IP and even tell you what page directed you to them. I have little doubt that they have a log saying when you logged in and when you earned points...

Conversely, how do you look over the records of 3 million accounts? That end just doesn't seem feasible. The best I can gather is that they made a script to pick out people that earned over X points per hour and then look at those by hand or something...

If you're talking account by account verification, that could take 10 years, not ten weeks.

Another thing to consider is the sheer size of that data. It could be well over a terrabyte. While that isn't much in terms of corporate storage or even home servers (I have 1.5 TB) The fact that that would be all text... this post is probably 5KB if that... The effort to sort through it would be monumental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back