Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows. I only e-mailed them because im gonna be moving in 3 weeks to a new house. so i wanted to make sure that anything i ordered would be taken care of by my current neighbors.

Got this email today:
Thank you for contacting us with regard to your recent activity with
Microsoft Live Search Club

We are in the process of validating all orders and will be shipping
verified orders within the specified time period of 10 weeks from the
date your order was placed.

If you have any questions with regard to validation or shipment time
please refer to the club.live.com game site for the terms and
conditions.

Please visit the site for updated on new items available in the prize
mall.

We hope you enjoy the Live Search Club program and we look forward to
your ongoing participation.

Sincerely,

Live Search Club Order Support
[email protected]
http://club.live.com/

*EDIT* Sorry didn't see it posted above. Anyways thats pretty lame hah. I'm going to go ahead and join the others that say whatever comes comes. I mean it is free. I've gotten so much stuff from CAG for free I really don't care

[quote name='Brenex']Got this email today:
Thank you for contacting us with regard to your recent activity with
Microsoft Live Search Club

We are in the process of validating all orders and will be shipping
verified orders within the specified time period of 10 weeks from the
date your order was placed.

If you have any questions with regard to validation or shipment time
please refer to the club.live.com game site for the terms and
conditions.

Please visit the site for updated on new items available in the prize
mall.

We hope you enjoy the Live Search Club program and we look forward to
your ongoing participation.

Sincerely,

[email protected]
http://club.live.com/

*EDIT* Sorry didn't see it posted above. Anyways thats pretty lame hah. I'm going to go ahead and join the others that say whatever comes comes. I mean it is free. I've gotten so much stuff from CAG for free I really don't care[/quote] Yup, same here. :) I'm still hoping that my webcam comes though, I really needed one.

Hey guys... I think they fixed the 0 games played bug. I was just checking my points and I saw a person with 158 games played. Certainly not 0.

What can you guys determine from this?

[quote name='Ub3rSlug']Hey guys... I think they fixed the 0 games played bug. I was just checking my points and I saw a person with 158 games played. Certainly not 0.

What can you guys determine from this?[/quote] Yup they fixed it.

http://www.informationweek.com/show...EZSYVWQSNDLPSKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=201001691

Microsoft's U.S. search share rose from 10.3% to 13.2%, "due in large part to Live Search Club, a program launched by Microsoft in late May to engage and reward users of Live Search," comScore said.

Compete, another Internet metrics company, last week also reported that Microsoft had seen its share of the U.S. search market rise. Most of that gain was attributable to Live Search Club.

Users of Microsoft Live Search Club claim that people are using macros and other software to automate Live Search Club queries for the sake of collecting prizes awarded for playing Live Search-based games. One such macro, LIVEMACRO, is described as "an unattended macro or 'bot' used for quickly winning club.live.com games. All it takes is a minute of configuration before it happily earns thousands of tickets for you." Presumably, this increases the number of queries processed by Microsoft's search engine.

But Compete claims its metrics are immune to software-based manipulation.

Microsoft says it is dealing with the issue. "As for click fraud, there is always a risk with these kinds of promotions, and we are working diligently to shut down any illegal activity," a Microsoft spokesperson said last week.

However, use of a macro or bot to play Live Search Club games, while it may represent a Terms of Service Violation, isn't necessarily against the law.

Indeed, Microsoft appears to recognize this. A screenshot posted yesterday on the Facepunch Studios Live Search Club forum shows what is purportedly an e-mail from a Microsoft Online Customer Service representative to a Live Search Club user. "I understand that legitimate players use cheat codes to obtain tickets in Live search club site," (sic) the message says, in what's either a poor choice of words or recognition that cheating is legitimate.

I think that's just badly worded. What I think they meant there was that legitimate players (i.e. real people and not bots) are using sites like anagramer.com or anagramssolved.com and they know it. That's sort of like "cheat codes"... it's not a bot or macro, the people are actually playing the game themselves... they just happen to have all the answers.

FINALLY NEW PUZZLES!
I logged in LSC today on an account where i had maxed out all the games and ordered a zune like a week ago. I clicked play on flexico which i had maxed out, and there were new puzzles! I checked chictionary and same thing. Finally they update the games.

[quote name='eaglesfan8968344']FINALLY NEW PUZZLES!
I logged in LSC today on an account where i had maxed out all the games and ordered a zune like a week ago. I clicked play on flexico which i had maxed out, and there were new puzzles! I checked chictionary and same thing. Finally they update the games.[/quote]

Lying cause you miss Jeff Garcia ? BTW is McNabb off injury yet ?

There is no new puzzles. I just checked all the games.

Wow, wtf happened? I didn't visit the site for a week and now I see that Vista is only the lame home premium version, not only that but it's now 20,000 tickets! Man, fuck that.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Wow, wtf happened? I didn't visit the site for a week and now I see that Vista is only the lame home premium version, not only that but it's now 20,000 tickets! Man, fuck that.[/quote] Too many botters ordered them.

man, its been so many days since i ordered that vista (back when it was 6,000) and ive yet to get it!

don't make me mad/wait people behind this!

[quote name='Foo228']man, its been so many days since i ordered that vista (back when it was 6,000) and ive yet to get it!

don't make me mad/wait people behind this![/quote]

Oh Nos!! No free Vistas!!

How do they define cheating? If I use a site to get the words to type in for Chicktionary am I at risk to have my points removed? My vocabulary isn't nearly what it would need to be to play the game without some online assistance!

I'm up to 7k now - I have a feeling by the time I'm done with this I won't want to see another word puzzle game for years!

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting us with regard to your recent activity with Microsoft Live Search Club[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any promotion of this type comes with these risks, which we anticipated and have been actively watching for. We’re committed to providing a positive experience for the millions of users that are enjoying the games. We regularly review game play and have a set of criteria by which invalid activity is easily identified. When find this type of behavior, we cancel any prize orders or ticket accruals made by that account, based on the Microsoft Terms and Conditions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sincerely,

[email protected]
http://club.live.com/ [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I got that e-mail. Wonder what they mean......

[FONT=&quot]My account now display my ticket count as zero despite having never ordered an item. However as my lifetime tickets are still the correct amount.

My e-mail :
My account name : Postman

I would be more than happy to provide you with anymore information as per your request.

Thanks,

I guess that means if you have zero points you won't be getting anything shipped.
Too bad, I was still waiting for that 360 so I never ordered anything.
[/FONT]

Here's a question: how many of you had your accounts linked with a 360 Gold subscription? It could be a possible reason why no points were deducted.

I was out of town for a few days and missed the site being down for maintenance and all the people losing tickets. My tickets haven't changed, but then again I've been playing a lot less often after I ordered my 2 items so my balance was really low. And I do not have a 360 Gold subscription.

I wonder what the "set of criteria" is by which invalid activity is identified. It better not be speed of ticket accrual, since many of us who type like lightning breezed through chicktionary in mere minutes. And I was playing like a fiend when I first joined club live (like, hours a day).

[quote name='jennyfur']Which proves the two are unrelated.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to have taken statistics to see no proof either way thus far.

I have a Gold account and all my tickets are gone, you know microsoft is a big company not everything is directly related. It would be a more accurate question to ask out of people that still have point how many have hotmail account, but xbox live accounts come on guys your smarter than that.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You don't need to have taken statistics to see no proof either way thus far.[/quote] Um, two people responded to you that both have all their tickets, one has a gold account and one doesn't. So how does that not prove that gold accounts have nothing to do with it? Or is your point just that you want more people to answer? Cuz statistically... you've already hit 100% of the possible outcomes seeing as there are only two. Not to mention that now here's a guy who's lost all his and has a gold account. Where on earth did you get the idea that it could be linked to gold accounts in the first place?

I have 0 tickets, but it looks like my webcam and controller are still listed for august/september arrival.

My roommate cheated and still has all his tickets.

[quote name='Postman']I guess that means if you have zero points you won't be getting anything shipped.
Too bad, I was still waiting for that 360 so I never ordered anything.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Somehow I don't think it's as simple as that...people said they were losing points as soon as they played a game...I think it's a server glitch or something...especially since there are people who cheated that still have their points (ARGH) and people who played legitly, like myself, that don't have their points anymore, and for reasons unknown, can't log out

Has anyone sent an email asking why their points have been taken away?

I hope it's a server glitch! Taken them a while to fix though. (That's not to say they haven't been trying, but we really don't know right now)

[quote name='M1C13']I have a Gold account and all my tickets are gone, you know microsoft is a big company not everything is directly related. It would be a more accurate question to ask out of people that still have point how many have hotmail account, but xbox live accounts come on guys your smarter than that.[/quote]
Yeah I've come across other big companies where you'd expect things to be related and they aren't. I had internet and home phone through Verizon, and even though they're billed together, one department has absolutely nothing to do with the other and they don't share records. Really annoying when one ends up having different info than the other and you try to fix it.

By the way I do have a hotmail account. ;)

[quote name='quadomatic']
Has anyone sent an email asking why their points have been taken away?[/QUOTE]
This is the response I got from them on it:
Thank you for contacting us with regard to your recent activity with Microsoft Live Search Club

Any promotion of this type comes with these risks, which we anticipated and have been actively watching for. We’re committed to providing a positive experience for the millions of users that are enjoying the games. We regularly review game play and have a set of criteria by which invalid activity is easily identified. When find this type of behavior, we cancel any prize orders or ticket accruals made by that account, based on the Microsoft Terms and Conditions.

[quote name='Foladar']This is the response I got from them on it:[/QUOTE]

Lame...I really hope I still get my Vistas...

I don't know what criteria they could possibly be zeroing accounts by...they obviously don't know how to check for macros or bots since so many of us have lost our points when we didn't cheat

I love the Engrish on that response. Its so lazy and poorly worded, the fake emails people posted seemed more plausible.

I sent them an email asking why my points were gone and if it was some kind of bug due to over use. And I got, "Any promotion of this type comes with these risks, which we anticipated and have been actively watching for."
So... they were anticipating my points vanishing? They were actively waiting for my points to vanish?

[quote name='Kayden'] So... they were anticipating my points vanishing? They were actively waiting for my points to vanish?[/quote]

Lol :D

[quote name='jennyfur']Um, two people responded to you that both have all their tickets, one has a gold account and one doesn't. So how does that not prove that gold accounts have nothing to do with it? Or is your point just that you want more people to answer? Cuz statistically... you've already hit 100% of the possible outcomes seeing as there are only two. Not to mention that now here's a guy who's lost all his and has a gold account. Where on earth did you get the idea that it could be linked to gold accounts in the first place?[/QUOTE]

It's not statistically significant. There isn't enough of a sample size to indicate one way or another. Two answers don't count in the big scheme of things.

Where on earth? It's called a possibility, sweetheart. No one had asked it, so I did. Live accounts have your credit card info if you are a paid subscriber, so there was the possibility people like me (who kept all of their tickets) kept them because we were paying in another matter.

I know you're going to come back and tell me that IL is running the show, but if you don't think MS has a team helping them research this you're on a real slow boat.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It's not statistically significant. There isn't enough of a sample size to indicate one way or another. Two answers don't count in the big scheme of things.

Where on earth? It's called a possibility, sweetheart. No one had asked it, so I did. Live accounts have your credit card info if you are a paid subscriber, so there was the possibility people like me (who kept all of their tickets) kept them because we were paying in another matter.

I know you're going to come back and tell me that IL is running the show, but if you don't think MS has a team helping them research this you're on a real slow boat.[/QUOTE]
Again, people think for two seconds before you post something especially if you are going to make 2 follow up posts.

The only things that Xbox Live and Live search have in common are that they are owned by Microsoft and they have the word Live in the name, after that they have two completely separate teams working on them and one of them isn't even owned by Microsoft.

Maybe thats why Peter Moore left to focus on Club.Live.com. I mean thats just as good of an idea as the ones that you are throwing out.

Think... Mcfly...think

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Live accounts have your credit card info if you are a paid subscriber[/quote]

Actually you can avoid this by buying subscription time in other means, which seems more reliable since there is no way to remove your CC info.

To add to your little survey, I'm a live gold member and all my points are gone as well. My girlfriend is not, and hers are still there.

[quote name='M1C13']Again, people think for two seconds before you post something especially if you are going to make 2 follow up posts.

The only things that Xbox Live and Live search have in common are that they are owned by Microsoft and they have the word Live in the name, after that they have two completely separate teams working on them and one of them isn't even owned by Microsoft.

Maybe thats why Peter Moore left to focus on Club.Live.com. I mean thats just as good of an idea as the ones that you are throwing out.

Think... Mcfly...think[/QUOTE]

Except that if you have one, you automatically have the other. Your turn to think...try three seconds, it may work out better.

And Peter Moore went to EA.

No Live account here or hotmail account and I kept all my tickets and can still earn more. Same with both of my kids (they may actually have hotmail accounts though) But we also didn't use any bots, macros or type the answers in from a cheat sheet of solved puzzles any of which would be considered suspicious activity imo. Between the 3 of us we've received Vista Ultimate and a 360 Controller so far and have a Zune on order. Working on more points now for another controller. The puzzles really aren't that hard to do the right way.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Except that if you have one, you automatically have the other. Your turn to think...try three seconds, it may work out better.

And Peter Moore went to EA.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I know where Peter Moore went, it was a joke.

I'm not even going to comment on this anymore, it's like talking to my 2 year old Godson, continue your meaningless survey.

EDIT: If I ever receive my prizes I'll let everyone know but until then this thread is dead because it is just people talking circles about things they know nothing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back