Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an Xbox 360 Controller that was order on 9/2. Estimated ship date was 10/28. Two others that were ordered that same week on different accounts to different addresses have yet to arrive.

Digg article on the club live scandal:
http://digg.com/business_finance/M_Club_Live_Scandal

MS has scammed a lot of people including legitimate players who never boted.

Regardless of your moral opinion on the subject, if someone boted before early September and never received their prize, they never did anything illegal / wrong /against the TOS or rules. This is the reason that support gives for canceling orders - breach of contract / TOS / Rules.

This is not a moral issue that can be subjected to different possible opinions, it's a legal issue. Ms has the right to change the rules at any time, if you continue to use the service you are subjected to the new rules. It does not say previous orders and ticket accrual are subjected to the new rules /TOS.

Now that it is on Digg and there is a petition going we may be able to build enough backing to see some results. If you are a legitimate player, or if you boted before they added the section about boting / automation to the TOS (Early September), then sign the petition in the Digg article. All you have to do is leave your name, email, and a comment if you choose.

Do not post a reply stating how in your opinion it is not poor policy and breach of contract by MS because it is, fact, like something you can touch and see. In other words don't even mention the word cheating or the idea that it's wrong to cheat. Welcome to the world - any possible means to get ahead (Bill Gates knows everything about this). If you are not looking for every possible opportunity to give yourself a competitive edge, then what are you doing with your life?

Ordered a 360 controller sometime in September for 2500 points and got a response saying that it would be shipped on Oct. 22, 2007. Just got it in the mail today (10/30/07). no complaints here, actually was a bit surprised it came!

[quote name='Kayden']Well... I don't think I've ever seen an internet petition accomplish anything, but heres hoping.[/quote]

Same. No sense in wasting time on it.

*sigh*
My outlook seems blurry. Order xbox controller Aug 8, Estimated ship date 10/3/07. Almost a month passed that.
And I did 4 diff accnts, 4 diff xbox controllers, 1-2 days apart from each other.

Sign the petition in the Digg article. It takes less than 2 minutes. It's easy to say that the petition won't accomplish anything, we need a lot of people to sign it. If you never got a prize and you never broke the TOS, just join the petition. Nothing will be done about Live Search club unless we actually do something. It takes less time to sign the petition than it does to post a comment here saying you won't bother.

[quote name='precisewitem']Sign the petition in the Digg article. It takes less than 2 minutes. It's easy to say that the petition won't accomplish anything, we need a lot of people to sign it. If you never got a prize and you never broke the TOS, just join the petition. Nothing will be done about Live Search club unless we actually do something. It takes less time to sign the petition than it does to post a comment here saying you won't bother.[/QUOTE]

burpppp.

ive recieved all 5 prizes on my first account to my address, im working towards the 360 on a 2nd account. does anyone know if they deliver 2nd account items to the same address, i can send it to another address, but seeing as how some people dont get anything, id like to know if i can get it sent to my address with no problems.. sorry for using "address" so much thanks

Gave up on the 360 when it was still mathematically impossible and ordered four 360 controllers back in mid-Sept, estimated ship dates on all were 11/2 or 11/3. I received one of them last night out of the blue via FedEx. Did not receive a shipping e-mail.

Hopefully at least a couple more show up, though I'm just happy to finally be able to co-op Eternal Sonata with my wife.

The 360 controler i ordered 8/31 with an Estimated Ship Date of 10/26 has.....NOT come yet (suprising eh?) Sent the Live Search Club section of IL and email bout 3 days ago, nothing back yet.

[quote name='stevenroolz']ive recieved all 5 prizes on my first account to my address, im working towards the 360 on a 2nd account. does anyone know if they deliver 2nd account items to the same address, i can send it to another address, but seeing as how some people dont get anything, id like to know if i can get it sent to my address with no problems.. sorry for using "address" so much thanks[/quote]
Yes LSC will ship to the same address orders from multiple accounts no problem.

[quote name='CombatFrog']
No it is not, it's a human aid, yet you will probably be flagged for cheating and not recieve your prizes if you abuse the autotyper too much to gain 5000+ tickets in a day. Moderation is your friend.[/quote]

what the freak on a leash is an autotyper and why do i imagine it smelling like butterscotch?

combatfrog, i usually get between 1000 - 2000 tickets a day using the auto-typer. will it effect anything when i get a prize?

[quote name='jtokchain5']combatfrog, i usually get between 1000 - 2000 tickets a day using the auto-typer. will it effect anything when i get a prize?[/quote]

Read the thread title

I removed the quote of the post(s) deleted but if you see an issue with a post, here or anywhere, feel free to alert someone by hitting the "!" button, next to the edit/quote buttons.

Ah, I hope this is them just updating the site. This is kind of worrying. I hit 35,000 last night around 3 am and ordered my 360. It took about 4 weeks of playing everyday (I have no life, but that's a different story), but I finally did it! I just hope I actually get my 360 or I may gouge my eyes out of frustration haha. Has anyone else gotten a 360 through this?

[quote name='hanh_man']Ah, I hope this is them just updating the site. This is kind of worrying. I hit 35,000 last night around 3 am and ordered my 360. It took about 4 weeks of playing everyday (I have no life, but that's a different story), but I finally did it! I just hope I actually get my 360 or I may gouge my eyes out of frustration haha. Has anyone else gotten a 360 through this?[/quote]

There are at least 3 of us who have ordered them and have anticipated ship dates of December, if someone gets one, I am sure they will post, until then everyone will probably be waiting patiently, good luck!

[quote name='aphu9876']There are at least 3 of us who have ordered them and have anticipated ship dates of December, if someone gets one, I am sure they will post, until then everyone will probably be waiting patiently, good luck![/quote]

Yeah, my anticipated ship date is 12/27. What a nice present an XboxFree60 will be haha.

[quote name='Miranda']The prizes are back.

No more 360 bundle.:bomb:[/quote]

Yeah I noticed that too. There must have been a huge influx of x360 orders once iot became possible to hit the 35k mark.

I'm at a shade under 18,000 on a second account I was planning on getting another x360, might be a smarter idea to cash out for several smaller prizes while they are availible. Never know whats going to get put up next, or taken down.

yea i noticed that they took off the 360 and i have like 20.000 more tickets to do. but i think they will put it back up since a lot of ppl are ordering and they propably didnt have a lot of them cuz they thought only like 5 ppl are going to reach up to 35k.

and yea miranda i hope they lower the tickets cuz i need to get it!!

I doubt they'll lower the amount of tickets you need if they ever make the 360 available again. If they do change the amount of tickets you need for something, they'll most likely raise them like they did with Vista and Office. Vista Ultimate used to be 6000 and then they pulled that and replaced it with Vista Home Premium for way more points.

I'm guessing if they make the 360 available again, they won't bundle it with anything and they'll probably want more tickets for it, but I hope I'm wrong.

[quote name='kensterdotnet']They will probably change it to the core/arcade system.[/quote]

This is the right answer.

Whoever runs LSC probably was given X number of the older version of the 360 Pro (the Premium) that came with the older overheating hardware etc.

They've probably exceeded their quota for orders of it and will eventually work the new core bundle, the arcade, into there for the same number of tickets.

Or maybe not at all who knows

I sent another message to MSN

I'm sick and tired of this, it's been well over twelve weeks, either ship my prize or refund my points, how long are you going to keep this charade up? do you think i have no life? you've screwed me over my valuable time and i have gotten nothing out of it, while your stock go up nicely thanks to millions of us users using your search engine for these games, what you are doing is illegal, and you damn well know it, just because i'm not paying you, it doesn't mean that you're not making money off me, if i don't get my reward than that is fraud, i might not have gone to a law school or know any lawyers, but I have dealt with charlatans and tricksters for a long time, and this site looks a lot like both, this is a scam of epic proportions, at least do something about it, you have a right to deny prizes to people that cheated, but you have no rights to deny prizes on a whim.
One person might not make much difference but im not going to stop until i get somwhere, even if i have to set up a bot to send them the same note every four seconds untill their inbox is full :bomb:

wow good job demonic, anyway i went to store the other day and i saw that the 360 has 2 free games inside them. i was like omg wtf is going on, but i was happy cuz if they do wut miranda just sad then im going to buy it from the store. eventhough the 2 games inside the box arent my fave but atleast its worth it. maybe ill sell both games at gamestop so i can get money to but cod4!! :D.

So is this still working? I had second controller scheduled to ship Oct 30 but now the site wont load up for me and I got no emails.

[quote name='Miken21']So is this still working? I had second controller scheduled to ship Oct 30 but now the site wont load up for me and I got no emails.[/quote]

Site should be working fine now, if you're getting an "Object moved to here" message you need to delete your cookies/cache.

Sometimes they don't send out shipping emails, just be patient.

Oh and anyone notice they also removed Live Arcade Unplugged from the list of games to get? Wanted to get that too :/ oh well.

[quote name='CombatFrog']Site should be working fine now, if you're getting an "Object moved to here" message you need to delete your cookies/cache.

Sometimes they don't send out shipping emails, just be patient.

Oh and anyone notice they also removed Live Arcade Unplugged from the list of games to get? Wanted to get that too :/ oh well.[/quote]

I might be able to help you out, should they ever ship mine. Kinda got a second copy. :roll:

combat, i think they removed Live Arcade Unplugged is cuz maybe theyr putting it with console when they put it back in the prize mall.

[quote name='CombatFrog']This is the right answer.

Whoever runs LSC probably was given X number of the older version of the 360 Pro (the Premium) that came with the older overheating hardware etc.

They've probably exceeded their quota for orders of it and will eventually work the new core bundle, the arcade, into there for the same number of tickets.

Or maybe not at all who knows[/quote]

thats what i was thinking they were giving away, hopefully they ll put the updated 360 up. im up to 27,950

i know this has probably been askled but i cant sit through 150 pages looking for this, are ther any sites or downloads to help you with these games? not talking macros, but maybe an answer sheet. thanks.

So apparently someone on Gamefaqs took M$ to small claims and M$ was ordered to pay $3000, hes got pics of the judgment and stuff so it seems pretty legit. Perhaps with some help from my lawyer dad I could maybe actually get something out of this in small claims, though I know the fees in California are ridiculous.

I just ordered one Vista, tack some interest and court fees on there and I could get a decent amount out of it.

[quote name='zerowing']So apparently someone on Gamefaqs took M$ to small claims and M$ was ordered to pay $3000, hes got pics of the judgment and stuff so it seems pretty legit. Perhaps with some help from my lawyer dad I could maybe actually get something out of this in small claims, though I know the fees in California are ridiculous.

I just ordered one Vista, tack some interest and court fees on there and I could get a decent amount out of it.[/quote]

He probably won because MS didn't have time to show up.

I read about something like that before.
Sue a corporation.
If the corporation doesn't show up on the court date you automatically win.

[quote name='zerowing']So apparently someone on Gamefaqs took M$ to small claims and M$ was ordered to pay $3000, hes got pics of the judgment and stuff so it seems pretty legit. Perhaps with some help from my lawyer dad I could maybe actually get something out of this in small claims, though I know the fees in California are ridiculous.

I just ordered one Vista, tack some interest and court fees on there and I could get a decent amount out of it.[/quote]

link?

I've been following this guys progess for a while. I think I'm going to file a suit for my 2 Zunes, my 2 Vistas, and any other prizes I ordered. I'll have to see though.

So I finally got the site working after deleting my cookies. The site is glitched cuz I still had 2500 points and my second controller was still listed in my order form. I ordered a third just to see if it works and it went through. So I earned a total of 5000 points but ordered 7500 points worth of stuff. I'm sure they will fix it. Heh ill probably never receive anything from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back