Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Xfactor19990']im new i want a zune (do they usually have those)?[/QUOTE]

they have had them in the past, yes. Prizes come and go. There's no telling when they'll put it back in stock. Just gotta keep an eye out.

[quote name='lVlasterchief']they have had them in the past, yes. Prizes come and go. There's no telling when they'll put it back in stock. Just gotta keep an eye out.[/quote]
would you happen to know how many points they cost?

I ordered my first prize!!!! Airline miles. I don't even know how airline miles work. I had to sign up at the airline just to get the number to claim the prize. It hasn't showed up on my new airline account yet, though. I won't believe it until I really see it. Why would people give away stuff just for playing games??????

It's a very effective way to get hits on their search engine. They get a greater share of the market, they profit from ad companies advertising on said search engine, they pass on a small portion of the profit to us. It's kind of genius really, as rarely do companies reward consumers for essentially buying nothing.

[quote name='Gladler']I ordered my first prize!!!! Airline miles. I don't even know how airline miles work. I had to sign up at the airline just to get the number to claim the prize. It hasn't showed up on my new airline account yet, though. I won't believe it until I really see it. Why would people give away stuff just for playing games??????[/quote]

Airline miles can take up to 8 weeks to process into your account.

[quote name='Meiji']20,000 for the Zune, unless they add the upgraded one with the next restock.[/quote]
so its the old 30gb fat version???? :( i want new 80 gb (i heard alot of problems with old+my friends told me the interface is crappy on old ones is this true?)

[quote name='Meiji']Can't be too picky with free stuff.[/quote]
lol but that makes me sad lol i want a 80gb :( well ill sell to friend, or ill get something else (but was my friend right? the old interface sucks?) One other thing do they ever have amazon gift cards etc? Marketplace points?

anybody have any info on the Magazine Subscriptions? What do you actually get? Does it take 6-8 weeks to get whatever you need to order the subscription and then the 8-12 weeks for the first issue to arrive? Thanks

[quote name='wolverine2281']anybody have any info on the Magazine Subscriptions? What do you actually get? Does it take 6-8 weeks to get whatever you need to order the subscription and then the 8-12 weeks for the first issue to arrive? Thanks[/quote]
You can expect to wait at least 2+ weeks to get whatever you ordered from LSC, and then once you place an order for a magazine it should be the standard "6 to 8 weeks" for first delivery. Just going off of past experiences.

I ordered a Zune on 6/25 and haven't heard a thing yet. Of course my last Zune showed up without shipping confirmation so I fully expect this one to just magically appear in the next few days.

[quote name='8BitBrad']Can you still exchange the magazine cards for cash?[/quote]
No one will know the answer to that until this batch gets shipped out and someone attempts it. According to some (SuperSonic128 here) they cannot, but I have yet to see any evidence that what he says is true. And in fact 53 minutes earlier SuperSonic128 posted this stating that he should start playing again since the magazine gift cards are back. I find it hard to believe that in 53 minutes he magically found out that they don't work, and I'm convinced it's a scare tactic to keep people off of "his" gift cards till he can earn a bunch of tickets and cash in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GoddessTio']I ordered a magazine subscription in march, emailed them twice and got two "We are out of this prize" emails back. Like you could ever be out of a MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION.[/quote]

"No no, our subscription sheet is full and we haven't printed another blank one off, you're just going to have to wait."

[quote name='Xfactor19990']lol but that makes me sad lol i want a 80gb :( well ill sell to friend, or ill get something else (but was my friend right? the old interface sucks?) One other thing do they ever have amazon gift cards etc? Marketplace points?[/quote]

You're friend was right, but most of the updates made to the 80GB interface are now available in the 30GB model via firmware update. Personally I like the current interface of the 30GB model.

[quote name='kvadair']You're friend was right, but most of the updates made to the 80GB interface are now available in the 30GB model via firmware update. Personally I like the current interface of the 30GB model.[/quote]
so whats the difference then betwween 80 and 30 besidesthe size? And also how would you exchange magazines for cash?

Don't know why but it seems to work fine in Firefox now (likely because Flash isn't outdated anymore). I got 400 points in 3 hours last night, mostly playing Picture This!

I think I can get the zune earplugs by the end of the weekend, but I can't find anything on what the quality is. The only thing I can find on the Zune boards is that they're made of metal and shock the wearer and the Zune until they break. o_O

[quote name='Xfactor19990']so whats the difference then between 80 and 30 besides the size?[/quote]

The 30GB model has a four way rocker with a button in the middle along with a button on either side (back, play) to control the interface. I don't remember exactly how the new ones work, but I know the rocker/button has been replaced by a touch sensitive button that is similar in function to the iPod's dial. This is the model you will find in stores if you want to try out the new interface, or on amazon if you want to read about it.

well since you guys said to complain about not getting any games with the xbox i sent an email and this is what i got. So maybe it was worth it :applause:

[FONT=&quot]Dear Live Search Club Participant,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting Live Search Club Support. We are looking further into this issue, your patience is appreciated. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Live Search Club Support[/FONT]

What I wrote to LSC a couple of days ago.
However, if Xbox 360s that were ordered in the last two weeks have been shipped, then what about the unfulfilled orders from February? Obviously, the Xbox 360 was in stock recently, since people have received them within two weeks of ordering, as opposed to waiting for nearly 5 months as I have been doing.

I understood when I placed the order that it might actually take close to the full 12 weeks to receive the Xbox 360, but at this point (approaching 21 weeks), with more recent orders being fulfilled before mine, I'm seriously starting to question if I will ever receive the Xbox 360 I ordered in February (confirmation # *********).

Here's the response I received last night. It's about what I expected. :roll:
Greetings Live Search Club Participant,

Thank you for contacting Live Search Club. This prize is out of stock and has been temporarily removed. At this time, we have no estimated date of return. Please check back in the future to see if it has been restocked and is once again available in the list of prizes.

Best regards,
Live Search Club Support

It kinda ignores everything I said, except "Xbox 360." :bomb:

[quote name='steelsmack']No one will know the answer to that until this batch gets shipped out and someone attempts it. According to some (SuperSonic128 here) they cannot, but I have yet to see any evidence that what he says is true. And in fact 53 minutes earlier SuperSonic128 posted this stating that he should start playing again since the magazine gift cards are back. I find it hard to believe that in 53 minutes he magically found out that they don't work, and I'm convinced it's a scare tactic to keep people off of "his" gift cards till he can earn a bunch of tickets and cash in.[/quote]

Good reasoning. I think I'll start playing again. If anything, at least I'll get some free magazines out of it. ;)

Don't waste your time redeeming for magazine cards. Most likely its out of stock already.

If you didnt redeem on the 1st day it came back, you won't be getting it & your tickets will be refunded.

They are horrbile when it comes to syncronizing their inventory with orders placed.

[quote name='VioletArrows']Don't know why but it seems to work fine in Firefox now (likely because Flash isn't outdated anymore). I got 400 points in 3 hours last night, mostly playing Picture This!
[/quote]
I think you can get points way faster playing some other games, but if you like playing Picture This, thats cool. Its just that its possible for you to earn the same amount of points you mentioned above in much less time.

[quote name='steelsmack']I ordered a Zune on 6/25 and haven't heard a thing yet. Of course my last Zune showed up without shipping confirmation so I fully expect this one to just magically appear in the next few days.[/quote]

Lets hope so, LSC seems to be putting more focus on the XBox than the Zune now.

This time around on the przie list it says "$15 Magazine Subscription"

and not "$15 Magazine Gift Card" like last time.

I know, but for a while it was amusing. Some of the pictures they want you to match up are plain awful and make for a good psychology test ("why DID you choose the picture of the nude woman painted like a keyboard as opposed to the full body leopard tattoo?"). It's just that the Chicktionary and Flexicon ones are boring.

[quote name='Dual45s']"No no, our subscription sheet is full and we haven't printed another blank one off, you're just going to have to wait."[/quote]

Same here, however they emailed me in june stating they would ship out in 2-3 weeks and they never shipped it.

[quote name='@ndrew']well since you guys said to complain about not getting any games with the xbox i sent an email and this is what i got. So maybe it was worth it :applause:

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting Live Search Club Support. We are looking further into this issue, your patience is appreciated. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Live Search Club Support[/FONT][/quote]

Sweet dude, thanks for heading that up. I've had so much going on I didn't even think to bring it up to them.

i've still yet to hear anything on my dvd camcorder, it has been over two months. anybody else order a camcorder that they've received?

[quote name='CaWris']i've still yet to hear anything on my dvd camcorder, it has been over two months. anybody else order a camcorder that they've received?[/quote]

I am waiting also. I ordered mine on 5/3/08
I have waited much longer on the prizes.
Just hoping since the LSC make over it won't be much longer.

[quote name='@ndrew']well since you guys said to complain about not getting any games with the xbox i sent an email and this is what i got. So maybe it was worth it :applause:

[FONT=&quot]Live Search Club Support[/FONT][/quote]
i sent them an email like 2 weeks ago and got the same response. I think they are just trying to get us off their backs.

hi guys i am kinda of new to lsc (only played for a week) but i have never seen the 360 or the zune in the prize lists so far :bomb:, when do you guys think that they will restock??

[quote name='blackdarkeye']hi guys i am kinda of new to lsc (only played for a week) but i have never seen the 360 or the zune in the prize lists so far :bomb:, when do you guys think that they will restock??[/quote]

its a surprise everytime its listed. no one knows.

[quote name='udonknowjack']yo, my mouse came today without a shipping confirmation email. its comfortable though....[/quote]

Incentive Logic making a come back?

[quote name='jtokchain5']ok my webcam and pens arent here yet, wut should i do guys?[/quote]

I'm still waiting on pens I ordered on 5/23 and 5/25. They're doing great with some items and poorly with others. I ordered a mixer on 6/26 and got it yesterday, along with a shirt I ordered on 6/23. No shipping emails on either.

[quote name='Shafted']Incentive Logic making a come back?[/quote]

With all the form letters that don't answer any questions, you'd almost think they're back in business.

I was saddened to see the coffeemaker gone. I was looking into buying a new coffeemaker and wanted to get this one to match the mixer. I've been sick for the past week and didn't play. I hope they bring it or something comparable back. They don't have much worth playing for right now.

huh, didn't even notice. Maybe that's why it was down last night. Does anybody know if LCS cares if, say, my wife has an account and we share the same address or use the same IP address or it's OK to send more than one prize to the same location as long as it's under the limit?

This is all I found in the FAQ
"Each household address is limited to redeeming tickets for up to three of the same software items and three of the same hardware items."
edit: I just found this in the Terms and Conditions:
You may not use more than one Windows Live™ ID to avoid restrictions or other limitations on Activities, tickets, prizes or the Program. Microsoft reserves the right to withhold tickets and prizes from any user suspected of activities that violate the Terms or are otherwise unlawful.
So, still, do they track IPs or can I send the prize to mom and dad's house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back