Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the Zune or the 360 come back, how many tickets were they?

Have 2.5K Points, saving up for a 360 Controller and then Rock Band. The Chicktionary Game is pretty easy but is very tedious, especially since you have to play it at least 50 Times a Day to get 1,000PTS)

A Zune is worth less than Rock Band? Though it probably was the original model. Man, maybe i'll have to turn to the dark side since i'd rather get that than Rock Band

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']A Zune is worth less than Rock Band? Though it probably was the original model. Man, maybe i'll have to turn to the dark side since i'd rather get that than Rock Band[/quote]
rock band 2 comes out in 2 months.......

[quote name='kvadair']If you keep playing you'll eventually get used to it.

Less than a month of waiting would be considered fast, and that's AFTER they got better. Look back through the thread for the horror stories. Still waiting for stuff from last summer myself.[/quote]

Wow less than a month is good? I've gotten all my stuff within a week!

Just got my Zune ordered 6/25. It's red, no shipping confirmation (which is what happened with my first Zune). Those who ordered Zunes while it was up at the end of June, UPS should be heading your way.

[quote name='e3revolution']Wow less than a month is good? I've gotten all my stuff within a week![/quote]

and what were the items u ordered sir?

less than a week seems a bit of a stretch there skippy

[quote name='steelsmack']Just got my Zune ordered 6/25. It's red, no shipping confirmation (which is what happened with my first Zune). Those who ordered Zunes while it was up at the end of June, UPS should be heading your way.[/QUOTE]
Finally!!! Someone gets their. I ordered on the 26th, I hoped I get one.

[quote name='mrwonton91']rock band 2 comes out in 2 months.......[/quote]
Ya, but I wouldn't buy it because i'm too cheap and not that interested in it..

Are there any notable prizes out of stock?

Please dont make my zune red -__-
Edit: Nvm the red zune looks okay, im just hoping for anything but brown lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, what are the easiest games to play to get points? I've been playing the Chicktionary Games and i can do them in about 2-3 Minutes, but I have to do it 50x to get 1,000 and I get really bored after doing it about 20 times. I did the Picture This game, but usually I didn't get more than 15Pts when I played.

TY for any suggestions

[quote name='Shafted']and what were the items u ordered sir?

less than a week seems a bit of a stretch there skippy[/quote]

T-shirt and a mouse. Maybe a little over a week.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Hey, what are the easiest games to play to get points? I've been playing the Chicktionary Games and i can do them in about 2-3 Minutes, but I have to do it 50x to get 1,000 and I get really bored after doing it about 20 times. I did the Picture This game, but usually I didn't get more than 15Pts when I played.

TY for any suggestions[/quote]
Flexicon is 25 points, and should take about 2-3 minutes. Anagramssolved.com also has most of the flexicon answers if you get stuck, or just want to go fast. Of course is it a game or a chore?

[quote name='steelsmack']Flexicon is 25 points, and should take about 2-3 minutes. Anagramssolved.com also has most of the flexicon answers if you get stuck, or just want to go fast. Of course is it a game or a chore?[/quote]

I think i've been using a similar site for Chicktionary.

I'll try it out

Edit: I filled ihn the entire thing, but it said I only had 7% done, and I filled out all 4 Grids.., WTF?

Edit: NVM

[quote name='xDarkElement']Please dont make my zune red -__-
Edit: Nvm the red zune looks okay, im just hoping for anything but brown lol[/quote]

yeah, i want anything but brown too:D
i want a black or pink:bouncy:

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']I think i've been using a similar site for Chicktionary.

I'll try it out

Edit: I filled ihn the entire thing, but it said I only had 7% done, and I filled out all 4 Grids.., WTF?

Edit: NVM[/quote]
I think just about all of us did that the first time. "Oh, the little icon pops up, I click on it, and it makes the word green..." The search icon is their gimmick to force a search, and make them money...

[quote name='steelsmack']I think just about all of us did that the first time. "Oh, the little icon pops up, I click on it, and it makes the word green..." The search icon is their gimmick to force a search, and make them money...[/quote]

I didn't *acts arrogant* :^o

[quote name='steelsmack']I think just about all of us did that the first time. "Oh, the little icon pops up, I click on it, and it makes the word green..." The search icon is their gimmick to force a search, and make them money...[/quote]
Heh, I guess that explains why they let people play crummy free little games to get stuff valued over $200. They really make money over searches?

I played the game, but the security thing was getting annoying and then for some reason my keyboard didn't like typing into the game, so I went back to chictionary cause I can type pretty fast (Easily can finish 1 game in 2min w/ anagram site)

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Heh, I guess that explains why they let people play crummy free little games to get stuff valued over $200. They really make money over searches?

I played the game, but the security thing was getting annoying and then for some reason my keyboard didn't like typing into the game, so I went back to chictionary cause I can type pretty fast (Easily can finish 1 game in 2min w/ anagram site)[/quote]
The "security thing" in flexicon can be avoided one of two ways, 1) don't fill the crossword up all at once, solve a word, click the search, and take your time (to an extent) or 2) fill it all the way out, and click as fast as you want on the solve buttons but only do it 5 at a time, with a few seconds pause in between.

I find that I can can click the solve buttons as fast as I want, as long as every 5th one I stop, wait till the lights on the side stop flashing, and count to 1 (about a 1 second pause, I literally say, "0, 1" in my head). Either way, it apparently throws a switch if you solve more than 5 without letting that pause happen. I've always found that flexicon was the fastest way to earn tickets, but I've been on the anagram kick lately...

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']I thought MS was using the forced searches to increase their search engine usage percentage to compete with Google and Yahoo.[/quote]
This is very true as well, but those searches pay money. Ultimately, if they break even as far as money in and prizes out/payroll/etc for LSC, they'll be fine with it, since every search that happens in LSC is one that wouldn't have happened otherwise, and helps their market share.

[quote name='steelsmack']Just got my Zune ordered 6/25. It's red, no shipping confirmation (which is what happened with my first Zune). Those who ordered Zunes while it was up at the end of June, UPS should be heading your way.[/QUOTE]

oschnapps. I ordered on the 25th as well. I hope I get it today.

[quote name='steelsmack']Just got my Zune ordered 6/25. It's red, no shipping confirmation (which is what happened with my first Zune). Those who ordered Zunes while it was up at the end of June, UPS should be heading your way.[/quote]
I ordered mine on the 28th so maybe I should keep watch a little longer.

[quote name='lVlasterchief']oschnapps. I ordered on the 25th as well. I hope I get it today.[/quote]
I live in Ohio, so the shipping usually gets from Kentucky to me rather quickly (2 days), depending on where you are at, it might take another day or two...

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']I thought MS was using the forced searches to increase their search engine usage percentage to compete with Google and Yahoo.[/quote]

Kill two birds with one stone.

[quote name='CaWris']Got my DVD Camcorder today, finally.
Samsung SC-DX103[/QUOTE]

Niiiiice. How is it? When did you order anyways?

I didn't order one btw, just curious.

[quote name='e3revolution']Kill two birds with one stone.[/quote]

Actually it's only one bird. You can google to find a better story on how search engines make money, but here's the short version. The search engine makes money by selling space to advertisers. The greater percentage of the market a search engine commands 1) the greater number of advertising spaces they have to sell, 2) the more they can charge for each of those spaces because more people will see the ads. When LSC started MS had virtually no market share, and then jumped up to I believe just under 20% in the month after LSC started. After they started fighting bots (which potentially reduce what they can charge advertisers) that number has dropped.

[quote name='lucao']is there any game that I can get more than 20 points at a time because it takes very long.[/quote]

flexicon!!!
25 tix a game:lol:
takes about the same time as chictionary:) but im a fast typer

[quote name='steelsmack']I live in Ohio, so the shipping usually gets from Kentucky to me rather quickly (2 days), depending on where you are at, it might take another day or two...[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info. hope I get it this week.

Same with my macros, the search is there so Microsoft still gets their advertising bucks.

But that's not why I'm here...

It seems like all the really good prizes like 360's and Zunes are all gone, what happened? It looks like the best prize currently is a pretty nice Cannon digital camera. Also, doesn't the 1,000 a day ticket limit suck?

[quote name='MightyHealthy']Still waiting for a Wireless Desktop (ordered in Feb.) and a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (ordered in late June)[/quote]

I just ordered my stuff a few days ago. I went for the controller and Kameo (It was cheap.). The Wireless Desktop will be next for me.

How strange though, the wireless Desktop wasn't a prize for me until about a week ago... How could you have ordered it back in Feb? Are the prizes regional of something?

One more post for me tonight...
Is there a 'legal' way to get past the 1,000 ticket per day limit?

And what happened to all the good prizes, like 360's and Zunes and stuff. Are there better ones somewhere that I'm blindly missing? The 'best' prize on my list right now is a pretty nice Cannon digital camera at 40,000 tickets. Not that I am complaining about free stuff at all, but I'm a little curious.

[quote name='crosseyedpilot']Ordered a Zune 6/26, still nothing yet
Hopefully in a few days I guess...
and then a shipping confirmation next year[/quote]

Ummm... you should get the conformation email instantly. You might want to confirm your personal info for your account. You may have just thrown away a lot of points.

[quote name='Atomic Orange22']I just ordered my stuff a few days ago. I went for the controller and Kameo (It was cheap.). The Wireless Desktop will be next for me. How strange though, the wireless Desktop wasn't a prize for me until about a week ago... How could you have ordered it back in Feb? Are the prizes regional of something?[/quote]

Prizes are removed from the site when they are out of stock. So there was a few months where the promotions companies were switching and the desktop was unavailable.

[quote name='Atomic Orange22']One more post for me tonight...
Is there a 'legal' way to get past the 1,000 ticket per day limit?
And what happened to all the good prizes, like 360's and Zunes and stuff. Are there better ones somewhere that I'm blindly missing? The 'best' prize on my list right now is a pretty nice Cannon digital camera at 40,000 tickets. Not that I am complaining about free stuff at all, but I'm a little curious.[/quote] Every once in a while LSC will throw a double ticket day where every ticket you earn is worth 2. Other than that, you can technically get more than a thousand in a day since the LSC "day" ends at 7 EST. Other than that...just keep plugging away at it.

[quote name='Atomic Orange22']Ummm... you should get the conformation email instantly. You might want to confirm your personal info for your account. You may have just thrown away a lot of points.[/quote]
A confirmation email and a shipping confirmation email are two entirely different things. Since you (I haven't heard different) always get an order confirmation email immediately, when someone mentions a "confirmation email" they generally mean the shipping email that gives you the UPS tracking number.

Hope this helped.

Just got shipping confirmation on the first prize I ordered, way back in February. An XBOX 360 controller. I had given up on it, but it should be good news for those who have items from Feb (especially those with controllers), as it appears they haven't given up on shipping out Incentive Logic's non-shipped items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back