Lock or Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about the same thing.. dumping almost all my single player games and getting rid of live.. but then I look at the box.. and i'm like.. I could never get rid of these!

Trust me.. the feeling will come back. You'll be back.. they always are.

[quote name='smalien1']Why don't you write?[/quote]

:roll: Well yes I do but I can't and don't write 8-10 hours a day which is about how much I game on average.

[quote name='Scorch']I've been thinking about the same thing.. dumping almost all my single player games and getting rid of live.. but then I look at the box.. and i'm like.. I could never get rid of these!

Trust me.. the feeling will come back. You'll be back.. they always are.[/quote]

I don't like playing online as I generally don't like people because well people are in general A**holes.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']maybe your new hobby should be "giving up"[/quote]

Or "changing your username"

[quote name='AvidWriter']Arent you all nice.....just justifies what I said before people are A**holes...[/quote]
There's the spark...Now let's see how long it takes before this thread gets locked. :D

[quote name='AvidWriter'][quote name='smalien1']Why don't you write?[/quote]

:roll: Well yes I do but I can't and don't write 8-10 hours a day which is about how much I game on average.[/quote]

You do know that you can game for like an hour a day, it doesn't have to be 8-10.

I feel you Avid, but a word of advice. Don't sell or trade your stuff, you'll only regret it later. You're going to want to play games again, trust me you will. Just take a nice break from it, and it'll do you well.

I say try anime. I find myself playing less and less games but watching more anime. Games and anime are good escapes IMO but all you have to do is watch the anime. Just my opinion.

[quote name='AvidWriter']Arent you all nice.....just justifies what I said before people are A**holes...[/quote]

Seriously guy, why do you feel the need to tell us? It looks like you're set on your decision. People are giving you crap for this reason. This is almost as bad as the "I'm Leaving" threads. Calling people assholes isn't going to help either.

Don't throw your games away! A lot of people have this feeling, myself included. It's just kind of a no-video games "era" for you. The lust will come back. :cool:

I dont plan to throw or trade any games away. The reason I posted that is becuase I am really sick of people and their BS, most of them woudlnt say half this to anyones face.

8 hours a day? What are you crazy or something? Thats more than how much I play for a week....no wonder games are boring for you.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']If I am reading correctly, you got mad over one person saying something rude to you in this thread... chill out.[/quote]

was it me? or was it smalien? because from what i could see, we both were joking....

Honestly, I play less than 5 hours of videogames a week. I usually just watch TV in my free time, because to me games aren't relaxing, they're engaging. Here's the problem. My time breaks down to either working, relaxing and watching tv, or excersizing by playing DDR. Sitdown gaming doesn't have much of a place in my schedule, but that doesn't mean I don't love it. I love keeping up with the gaming news, and I look forward to a time when I'll be motivated enough to play through my stack.

Why don't you simply stop playing games for a few weeks and then if you feel okay with it sell the stuff off. No reason to dump it if your simply going to rebuy it in 6 months.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']If I am reading correctly, you got mad over one person saying something rude to you in this thread... chill out.[/quote]

No I didnt get mad over that I was just saying what I said earlier I wasnt mad, I dotn see how you'd get from what I said.

[quote name='AvidWriter'][quote name='dental_regurgitation']If I am reading correctly, you got mad over one person saying something rude to you in this thread... chill out.[/quote]

No I didnt get mad over that I was just saying what I said earlier I wasnt mad, I dotn see how you'd get from what I said.[/quote]

Wait...what?

:roll: Well yes I do but I can't and don't write 8-10 hours a day which is about how much I game on average.[/quote]

wow!

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='AvidWriter'][quote name='dental_regurgitation']If I am reading correctly, you got mad over one person saying something rude to you in this thread... chill out.[/quote]

No I didnt get mad over that I was just saying what I said earlier I wasnt mad, I dotn see how you'd get from what I said.[/quote]

Wait...what?[/quote]

Yes...what?

Well thats your life choice and I respect it......wait no I dont, YOU GODDAM QUITTER!!!!, jk, I do think you should stay in the game a bit longer and wait to see if the next gen systems totally suck.

i agree with you. everytime i play online with voice all i get is jerks on the other end talking trash and cursing. i used to love mario for nes, startropics, rc pro-am etc. games that were fun to play with yourself or with friends or even better with family. i remember days my dad used to take me to the arcade and we would play pinball and pac-man for hours and spend quality times while doing it. now days gameing has become to serious. what happened to kids being outside playing basketball backyard football skateboarding bmx etc. now all youi see is lazy people, i never see kids outside enjoying life anymore. dont get me wrong video games are great but don't let life pass you bye while you spend most of the day in front of your tv computer etc. there is to many junk games anymore 1 out of every 10 is worthwhile the rest are just overkill. oh how i miss the old days. wow i never thought the 90's would be the old days.

[quote name='AvidWriter'] :roll: Well yes I do but I can't and don't write 8-10 hours a day which is about how much I game on average.[/quote]

Yeah, well that could be the problem right there.

Do you work, or go to school, or leave the house? I know there are dead days where you just sit around the house all day(today is one for me, so wasn't yesterday), but damn, I don't think I've ever done that. Well, I did it once, about 8 years ago when I rented playstation with suikoden and had to beat it in 3 or 4 days (whatever the duration of the rental was at blockbuster). After getting about 4 or 5 hours sleep every night I finally beat it, missing only 2 characters out of 108, the morning it was due back. Still, I'd go insane playing that many video games.

[quote name='AvidWriter']The games in general suck (except for a gem here or there).[/quote]
Why don't you just play the gems then? It's completely retarded to either play all the time or never play. There is a middle ground dumbass.

Heh. digioverload got it right. Although I would not have been so eloquent.

I have the exact same problem so I'm only "playing" the ones I really really like or should I say buy the ones I like. Blockbuster has the unlimited rents that you can try out. I find that if you space it out and try a whole bunch of games at a time you'll find out the ones that you spend more than 1-2 hours total on really easily by making more trips to BB.

These days I get more fun reading on latest releases and keeping up with the latest news than playing. But thats just me.

Okay. I'm guessing you play a lot of online games. That could be the problem. I haven't played online in years so I can't say exatly what it is like now but I'm guessing it hasn't gotten any better. If anything it has gotten worse. From what I hear anyway.

Take a break like everyone else said. Don't sell the stuff because some of us have done it and have spent 5-6 times the amount getting what we sold back. You said you wouldn't and you won't regret it.

You may have a problem with people in general. True people are assholes. Get to know that and accept it. Accepting it is what makes you better. We all know/knew to do well in school but few do their best. The ones that didn't regret it later.

People are always going to take advantage and run rampant when they can't be disciplined for it. Being anonymous gives them the freedom to do so. That old give them and inch and they will take a mile phrase fits here.

I don't want to say it is unhealthy to play 8-10 hours a day. But it may be a little unhealthy. I played 8-10 hours easily in my past. But I ended up cutting it down. Life was what I did inbetween videogames. You should cut it down.

I have really bad OCD and it forced me to quit playing so many games. You could possibly have that. I donno what exactly you are angry because of. But when I played online I mostly played Diablo 2. Hardcore. Then some asshole would come along and ruin my hard work like nothing. I only had one friend that played and he was okay but not great. I had to get mostly everything myself and work to get it. Getting a char pk'd was losing 80-90 hours of work. At the time it made me insane. I'd quit for the day and be super pissed off. Come back the next day and start with the next char.

No one really hit on the prices. Games DO cost a lot. Even getting them cheaper isn't saving a ton. Trying to keep up with part of the hot games is hard. My advice is to not worry. I used to get all the new games right when they came out or soon after. I quit that. Mostly because I quit playing as much. But most of all because I didn't have the money. My parents got divorced and I went with my mom and my dad was the reason my family played so many videogames. My mom didn't buy them so I had to. I learned to like the cheaper games and have found many hours of fun from the games I like. I play mostly strategy games. Tons of replay value there.

Thanks to this site I have found even more love in videogames. Getting many games cheaper than one or two games at a higher price is great. You can't really change the kind of games you like though. So this may not fix your problem.

So in summary. Cut down on your playing time. Maybe find some good friends to play with online and off. Don't try to keep up with the rest of the crowd. Become a little more understanding. People are assholes and will take advantage of whatever they can. They are anonymous and can't get in trouble for it. Finding another hobby wouldn't hurt. Maybe get busy. Having less time to play will make you treasure the few times you get to play.

Sorry for the HUGE post but I just got to writing.

[quote name='digioverload'][quote name='AvidWriter']The games in general suck (except for a gem here or there).[/quote]
Why don't you just play the gems then? It's completely retarded to either play all the time or never play. There is a middle ground dumbass.[/quote]

:roll:

Holy shit. Don't go cold turkey, you might get the DTs or something. :roll:

Sounds like you just need another hobby, I alternate between games and movies, get tired of one, go to the other, by the time I get back then stuff is cheap that i'm interested in, so it works out.

I think you're problem is the 8-10 hours a day thing...I mean that's a lot and it's probably why you don't enjoy it as much. Ask some game testers and reviewers and they'll usually tell you after they play games for awhile even they just get sick and tired of it and they get paid for it. If I were were you I'd take a little break from games, come back in a couple weeks (or wait for a game that will really appeal to you and only play like 1-3 hours tops each day. Liek others suggested grab another enjoyable hobby and use gaming as a side bar.

I don't game as much I used too. i almost never play online anymore. Plus I play way too many sport games than I have ever played in my life.

I agree, people need more tact in general.

Many of the responses in this post were totally uncalled for.

But I agree with the general concensus: I wouldn't sell them just yet. Take a break from them, then in a months time, see if you want to keep or sell. Not like they're gonna depreciate (that much) in that amount of time.

Here's a hobby though: Get out of the house. Breathe. Play sports. Trust me. It's fun. =)

[quote name='nikkai']I agree, people need more tact in general.

Many of the responses in this post were totally uncalled for.

But I agree with the general concensus: I wouldn't sell them just yet. Take a break from them, then in a months time, see if you want to keep or sell. Not like they're gonna depreciate (that much) in that amount of time.

[/quote]

Agreed with all of that.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Play casually... I follow games and read about them/ find out release dates constantly, but I only play about 2-4 hours a day.[/quote]

Is it me or does this not seem "casual" to anyone else? I'm lucky to get 2-4 hours in a week... :D

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='dental_regurgitation']Play casually... I follow games and read about them/ find out release dates constantly, but I only play about 2-4 hours a day.[/quote]

Is it me or does this not seem "casual" to anyone else? I'm lucky to get 2-4 hours in a week... :D[/quote]

Same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back