Logitech G27 Wheel - $149.99 at Best Buy

DoubleD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was at Best Buy today and was surprised to find the Logitech G27 Wheel for $149.99! I bought the only one on the shelf, but it is available online as well! Amazon still has it for $254.57. Also, I checked ebay where there were auctions well into the $200s. I don't know if they are clearancing because of a new model or something, but it is definitely a great wheel for the price--$149.99!

I'm pretty thrilled. Hope this helps someone else get a good deal, too.

:D

I do remember seeing on the BB site that there was a 2-day sale (Sun-Mon). I didn't see the G27 when I clicked on the link but maybe it was part of it.

[quote name='mrrepoman']Price went back up to $299.99 on BB website.[/QUOTE]

FUUUUUUUU

I was just about to head out and look for one of these. Any chance the B&M's will have them tagged at $150?

Oh sweet! That means my back order will be fulfilled! There's a $7 from BCB too, heehee. I can wait anyway. There are a lot alternatives for the stand/table/cockpits.

[quote name='mrrepoman']Price went back up to $299.99 on BB website.[/QUOTE]
I can confirm this. Got the the store and they had two left (actually, they only have two since forever), went to checkout and it rang up $299.99. Oh well. I guess BB is not gonna get money from me.

Oh wow that's a shame =(. When I got mine on the shelf it still said $299.99 but when I brought it up to the counter to check, it rang up $149.99. Sorry to hear that guys.

I just picked up one tonight at the Wetmore store here in Tucson, it was in the computer section and the tag still read $149.99. It rang up at $299.99 but they honored the tag price.

It was open box also so that got me an additional $15 off (10%).

I don't know but the manager probably pulled the tags after I left, so YMMV for other Tucson CAGs, maybe try a different store.

Now what are some good PC racing games I could try? I don't have a PS3 just yet :(

[quote name='SteveGo']I just picked up one tonight at the Wetmore store here in Tucson, it was in the computer section and the tag still read $149.99. It rang up at $299.99 but they honored the tag price.

I don't know but the manager probably pulled the tags after I left, so YMMV for other Tucson CAGs, maybe try a different store.

Now what are some good PC racing games I could try? I don't have a PS3 just yet :([/QUOTE]

Same thing in Simi Valley, CA except mine was factory sealed. They had 1 left. Was marked 149.99, rang up as 299.99 but they gave me the 149.99 because that's how it was advertised on the sales floor. KEEP HOPE ALIVE. Its a great wheel so far.

[quote name='SteveGo']I just picked up one tonight at the Wetmore store here in Tucson, it was in the computer section and the tag still read $149.99. It rang up at $299.99 but they honored the tag price.

Now what are some good PC racing games I could try? I don't have a PS3 just yet :([/QUOTE]

You sir, are one lucky dude.

when i bought mine the box was all dusty. lol guess BB was just trying to clear some stock. I think you can tell them the online price is only 149.99 so they'll price match it. thats what my bb guy told me on the phone

[quote name='Dtrain12']im waiting for a possible gt5 and wheel bundle.. great news n pprice for 149..[/QUOTE]

good luck waiting.

Got lucky picked up the last one although ringing up at $299 but tagged at $149.

This thing weighs as much as Oprah Winfrey in the 80s.

Thanks OP!

Finally found a store that had one but it was tagged $299.

I don't check CAG for one day and this is what happens. You guys that snagged one at $149 are lucky. :(

i found one but it has been opened and practically busting out of the box but taped up like mad with bestbuy inspection tape... so had to pass :(

I planned on making it to bestbuy on monday and literally work 5 minutes from a bestbuy, but that was the one day I got of work late and store was closed. Now price back up again

The G25 has been on my want (but don't need) list for over a year now. Then the G27 came out and I thought, oh well I'm not burning $300 on a racing wheel.

I checked the local BB in Burbank. No stock but there was 1 in Woodland Hills and 2 in Thousand Oaks. Rush hour on the 101 is never fun and my car is leaking coolant like a bitch, but what the hell, I have a gallon of extra coolant in the trunk.

Woodland Hills store shows one in stock but after 10 minutes of the clerk checking the warehouse, it can't be found. The sticker on the shelf where it should have been showed $149.99, but the clerk said the computer shows $299.99 and even if they did have it they wouldn't sell for the lower price.

Finally ended up in Thousand Oaks and found one on the shelf in a brand new box. Big "Sale" sticker on the shelf for $149.99. I snatched that puppy up and made my triumphant run to the cashier. It rings up $299.99! I say "That's not what your shelf said." 5 minutes later I got me a $150 discount. Woot! The cashier says "I wonder how much it is with our employee discount?" I didn't have the heart to tell him he probably wouldn't be getting that discount.

Achievement Unlocked - Cheap Ass Gamer

[quote name='Dtrain12']im waiting for a possible gt5 and wheel bundle.. [/QUOTE]

That bundle will be with the G31. My friend Godot and I are both looking forward to playing GT5 with that.

[quote name='luan87us']It's coming out holiday 2010 so isn't that long from now.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he was commenting on the fact that the other user is hoping for a bundle with the wheel and the game. I don't think that'll ever happen.

As an aside, I'm not exactly holding my breath for the end of 2010 for release date, either. I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back yet again.

[quote name='gantt']That bundle will be with the G31. My friend Godot and I are both looking forward to playing GT5 with that.[/QUOTE]

No way a bundled wheel is gonna be better! Its gonna be an improved version of the gt5 prologue wheel and cheap. They are not gonna have a improved wheel at this good of a price.

Yeah. I've bought a number of FF wheels through the years trying to recapture that feeling I had playing Daytona USA in the arcade the first time. This is the first wheel that's finally lived up to my expectations. I just need to hurry up and build my mounting platform so I can spend some quality time with mine.

Picked up the last G27 today at a local Best Buy; it was still tagged $149.99 on the shelf. It scanned at $299.99 but the cashier honored the tagged price.

Good luck to everyone else still looking- as someone had mentioned before, you may be fortunate to find a wheel that still has the sale price tag.

Thank you tremendously OP!

[quote name='PaulG']I just need to hurry up and build my mounting platform so I can spend some quality time with mine.[/QUOTE]

We'll leave you alone, then, so you can mount your wheel in private.

Just got a cancellation e-mail from best buy and I jumped on this deal when I first saw it on slick deals. Kinda sucks, wish I had went to the store for it.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

This is exactly why I didn't hesitate to run around looking for this in store even with my online order , I just had a gut feeling it would be canceled sooner or later.

Me too on the cancel. Damn, and I'm too far away from the stores to go scrounging. I guess when push comes to shove, my "platinum" status means shit.

canceled too :whistle2:(

this is the 2nd time BB screwed me on on-line orders! The Lunar Silver Star LE was a complete waste of time. The G27 was a big disappointment! Knowingly they have more in stock... Cheap ass move on their part.

I got a survey for the shopping experience and you know what i'm going to do!

YES!! Got one! :)

Realized that after going to a few other BB's, I didn't check the PC section thoroughly enough at this first store I went to. So I went back there today and found a G27 way in back of the store for $149. Rang up at $300 but I told the cashier it was tagged at $150. Took about 5 minutes for them to check the shelf tag and to get the managers approval, but they sold it to me! Now I just need to get some driving games for my PS3.

[quote name='norkusa']YES!! Got one! :)

Realized that after going to a few other BB's, I didn't check the PC section thoroughly enough at this first store I went to. So I went back there today and found a G27 way in back of the store for $149. Rang up at $300 but I told the cashier it was tagged at $150. Took about 5 minutes for them to check the shelf tag and to get the managers approval, but they sold it to me! Now I just need to get some driving games for my PS3.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like my story verbatim. Lol

On another note, i played gt5p and i cant seem to get the clutch to work and the wheel isn't listed in the menu. Is there a workaround?

I was pretty unhappy about the cancellation.

I checked two best buys in N. Houston today. Nothing at the cypreswood location, but there were two at the greenspoint store. Tag said 149.99 sale. Rang up as $299, had to get a manager override. They peeled off the incorrect price sticker from the shelf during the process, so I'm not sure if anyone will be able to score the other at that store.

My $7.50 bing cashback was cancelled, but oh well.

[quote name='lorddct']Man impossible to get in on these deals in the bay area :([/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. Everytime I need to local shop on a CAG deal another CAGs beat me too it. Well...I would hope a fellow CAG'r got it and not some eBay @hole. :lol:

[quote name='jiggawhat']This sounds like my story verbatim. Lol

On another note, i played gt5p and i cant seem to get the clutch to work and the wheel isn't listed in the menu. Is there a workaround?[/QUOTE]

In order for the clutch to work, you'll need to press what would be considered the "triangle" button on a Playstation controller (on the 6 speed shifter part) before or during the start of a race. (you'll want to do this during/after the rolling start) Hope this helps.

I just got from BB in IL. I saw they got many G27 in stock now. So, I printed out my cancelled invoice, and brought it to CS. I explained that I ordered it in the online last weekend, but I got cancelled because it was not in stock. And I asked if you do price-match for me. She talked to a manager and said YES!!

I also bought 2yr $40 warranty. Does it necessary? I am not sure. I was so excited and said "YES!" when she asked me "Do you want $40 warranty?"

Can I refund the warranty? Anyway, good luck guys who were very pissed about the cancellation w/o explaination.

THE DEAL IS STILL ALIVE!!!

[quote name='ssundong']I just got from BB in IL. I saw they got many G27 in stock now. So, I printed out my cancelled invoice, and brought it to CS. I explained that I ordered it in the online last weekend, but I got cancelled because it was not in stock. And I asked if you do price-match for me. She talked to a manager and said YES!!

I also bought 2yr $40 warranty. Does it necessary? I am not sure. I was so excited and said "YES!" when she asked me "Do you want $40 warranty?"

Can I refund the warranty? Anyway, good luck guys who were very pissed about the cancellation w/o explaination.

THE DEAL IS STILL ALIVE!!![/QUOTE]

This doesn't mean the deal is still alive, this means you talked your way into getting it half off. For everyone else, the chances of this working are slim to none.

Anyone have midnight club la complete edition and get the wheel to work with it? It says its supported but its not recognizing the wheel? I may end up returning this wheel because it only works in gt5p.

bread's done
Back