Logitech G9 Gaming Mouse $20 after rebate from BuyDig ($23 at Amazon)

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Saw this on SlickDeals. Amazon and BuyDig and BeachCamera have the Logitech G9 mouse for $59, and Logitech is offering a $30 mail in rebate.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-000173-G9-Laser-Mouse/dp/B000UHE8Y2

Any CAG opinions on this mouse? I've been waiting for a deal on the G5, but I'm getting impatient and tired of using my crappy mouse for TF2. I think I may bite.

Edited to add: Looks like the price went up $0.49 on Amazon.
Dropped $9 on buydig.
Deal ends 6/23
[quote name='11440']Note that Amazon's copy of the rebate form says to send the form to "Dept. xx-xxxxx." Newegg's version of the form has what I assume is the correct address:

http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/Logitech7MIRsJun13Jun2309ll97.pdf[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Any CAG opinions on this mouse?[/QUOTE]
I have a G9 and have been very pleased with it. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one for $29.

[quote name='boblentil']I have a G9 and have been very pleased with it. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one for $29.[/QUOTE]
I just picked one up. I'm long over due for a new mouse. Thank you for posting this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my G9. I almost bought an MX1100 instead, but have found this to be way more comfortable for my big paws with the fatty grip on.

[quote name='boblentil']I have a G9 and have been very pleased with it. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one for $29.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, this is definitely a deal. I still have mine from when it first came out, and it's working just fine and is very precise for gaming.
151l1344.jpg

I hated my experience this mouse, and when I tried a G5 in store, I hated that too. Great optics/laser, but the wheel, as a button, is horrendous. I could never click it without scrolling. I thought it was defective, but others I tried had the same issue. This is a bigger problem in IE, because I like to click and move the mouse down and let it auto-scroll, which was always a matter of clicking a few times until it registered just once.

Ended up with the MX518, and I absolutely LOVE it. THAT is how a mouse wheel/button should feel.

as a claw grip user I hated the shell for it. Feels like I'm holding onto a sandpaper. The palm grip shell sucks for gaming like all palm grip mice.

I will add that the build materials are great, and that it does feel like a very expensive mouse, but I had some serious usability issues with it. I ALSO didn't care for the synthetic fiber-covered wire...it was getting caught on and generating a ton of friction against the edge of my desk and mouse pad.

I have had one for about 8 months now. Love it... several other people who have tried mine out hated it. Drives the girlfriend crazy when she is just trying to surf the web, etc, as it is a very short mouse and she likes to rest her palm on the mouse itself.

The claw grip shell does suck, but using a claw grip with the soft rubbery palm shell on it feels perfect for me.

It feels a bit light on buttons to me, as well. But it is the best mouse I have ever personally owned.

The order that I placed last night from Beach Camera is scheduled for delivery tomorrow by FedEx. Not bad for free shipping, even if it is just from NJ to NY. This store may have just earned my repeat business.

Down to $54 on buydig.

I'm almost regretting getting it from Amazon... but I'm getting my mouse today, so I'm sure that feeling won't last :p

Thanks judyjudyjudy, I've been looking for this mouse for a while for a good price and I missed this topic when it was posted a couple of days ago.

[quote name='Mythran']damn, they keep dropping the price. I wonder how low it will go. They must be trying to clear it out.[/QUOTE]They're probably making room for the G9x, which is identical to the G9 except its 5000dpi instead of 3200dpi.

Just a note, for those of you (like me) who might have purchased the G9 at $57 at buydig.com, before their price dropped to $53.99. Just file a customer service ticket and they will refund you the difference.

Amazon, you broke my heart. I cherished our relationship for years, and then you sent me an open box mouse even though I paid a new-mouse price. Everyone makes mistakes, I thought, so I sent the mouse back for an exchange. And then you sent me another open box mouse.

Now I can't stand the sight of you. When I look at you, all I see is GameStop.

Some have had luck contacting Buydig customer service and asking for a credit since the price has been falling so quickly. It's worth a shot.

are there any lefties out there who want to weigh in on how this mouse feels? I tend to use the default button configs but I wonder about the comfort. For example, the mx revo is so curved for the righty that I simply can't hold it.

I honestly can't see how this mouse would work for a lefty with its shape. If you search the Amazon reviews, people seem to not recommend it for left-handed folks.

[quote name='Rocko']Ordered this at $24 AR. Ah well.[/QUOTE]Contact buydig and see if they'll adjust the price. Other people have had luck with that. (I ordered with Amazon.)

I think I'll take my chances and get one. I've got relatively big hands and I use the claw style so this looks like it should be right up my alley.

Thanks for the deal judyjudyjudy :)

If you can, I highly recommend you try the G9 mouse before you buy it, I got one and was thrilled because of all the bells and whistles but after about a month of use playing games and normal usage my pinky wishes I bought a more ergonomic mouse/ball system.

I'm sure someone has gotten diablo 2 pinky or can relate.

Hopefully they have another mouse sleeve I can switch in to accommodate my kung fu grip.

...but for the current price, it'd probably make a sweet gift for someone who uses the computer less than a gamer.

Yeah, I'm in... I need a better mouse for the living room, and I have had this MX 518 for a while. Best case, I love the G9 and I have a great new mouse and a nice mouse for the living room. Worst case, I don't like it but it's still better than the POS Microsoft mouse in the living room.

Thanks OP!

Argh, I bought it at $57 from buydig.com, requested the refund when it dropped to $54, and now it dropped again :( Guess I'll be sending customer service another email!

Get this: Buydig tried to tell me that once the product had been delivered, they couldn't give a refund of the difference but were willing to waive the 10% restocking fee if I sent it back completely unopened (and could re-order it at the lower price)! I told him that since the price drop had occurred after their operating hours I couldn't contact them for a refund on Friday or Saturday when it was still being shipped.

Finally, he asked a manager and was magically able to give me my $4 back. I've never heard of such a ridiculous refund policy, especially since I hadn't even opened the mailing box yet. So word to the wise: tell them it's still in the mail and avoid the hassle.

bread's done
Back