Logitech Harmony 520 remote $29.95 shipped (eBay homepage deal of the day)

Does this work with cashback? (If it has one of those customer checkouts, I suppose that's what I mean)

It also seems to be the same remote that was on clearance at Target, but they had it for 49.98.

Good luck getting these if you're hoping to give them as Xmas presents. I was tempted to try this deal, but I have my doubts the seller will be able to fulfill all the orders. This deal is plastered all over FW and SD now.

I'll stick with my Harmony 550 order from BestBuy. It's a slightly better remote since it has more buttons, and it's only $20 more for piece of mind.

Good find though, OP.

[quote name='misbitski']Good luck getting these if you're hoping to give them as Xmas presents. I was tempted to try this deal, but I have my doubts the seller will be able to fulfill all the orders. This deal is plastered all over FW and SD now.

I'll stick with my Harmony 550 order from BestBuy. It's a slightly better remote since it has more buttons, and it's only $20 more for piece of mind.

Good find though, OP.[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's the eBay deal of the day. There is a known quantity available.

In for 1! I think you can get this to work with PS3 by using a IR receiver like the one that comes with the nyko blu wave remote.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Dude, it's the eBay deal of the day. There is a known quantity available.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean they'll process it in time and ship prior to the holidays. If they're sending USPS parcel post, it's debatable whether you'd get it in time. They make 1000+ orders. Who knows if they'll be able to get through all the orders in a timely fashion. I was just saying there's a risk if you want to give it as a gift to someone.

[quote name='js1']In for 1! I think you can get this to work with PS3 by using a IR receiver like the one that comes with the nyko blu wave remote.[/QUOTE]

You definitely can. That's exactly what I did, and it works like a champ. The only thing that you won't have is a power button, but that's a known problem on all of the IR PS3 remotes. You can navigate the menus to turn it off, but to turn it on, you have to either pop in a disc or hit the power button on the console.

So I've bought it, but when I try to pay for it with paypal it takes my to another site, and asks for my ebay email address. When I entered it it says that it's not the correct address but I'm positive it is. Is anyone else having problems with this? And why am I getting redirected from ebay to ChannelAdvisor in order to complete my payment with paypal. I've never had that happen before.

[quote name='misbitski']That doesn't mean they'll process it in time and ship prior to the holidays. If they're sending USPS parcel post, it's debatable whether you'd get it in time. They make 1000+ orders. Who knows if they'll be able to get through all the orders in a timely fashion. I was just saying there's a risk if you want to give it as a gift to someone.[/QUOTE]

I just got a UPS shipping notification. Seems like I probably will get this in good time.

I showed this to my girlfriend in hopes that she would say that it was stupid and that I don't need it in order to convince me not to buy it. Unfortunately, she said it was awesome and told me to buy it so she could play with it. I am in for one too begrudgingly...

[quote name='gdemander']I showed this to my girlfriend in hopes that she would say that it was stupid and that I don't need it in order to convince me not to buy it. Unfortunately, she said it was awesome and told me to buy it so she could play with it. I am in for one too begrudgingly...[/QUOTE]

My situation was the opposite. I thought it was cool, my wife on the other hand said she will still use the cable remote..

Grabbed one of these- pretty excited. I have to use three remotes right now. One for my TV to access the menu, one for my cable box, and one for my speakers. This will make things extremely easy.

I got the tracking number and it shows it will be delivered on the 18th. So much for the pessimists that said it wouldn't get here in time!

Now let's just hope it is in good condition and what I actually ordered.

I was going to order a 550 for my dad 2 minutes before seeing this deal. Cnet said there was basically no difference so I picked this up instead. Was a little bit of a hassle though to finish the deal.

Got my confirmation yesterday; UPS should have it to me early next week (Not that it matters, I ordered it for my selfish ass >.>).

[quote name='Rocko']I'm anxiously awaiting my shipping confirmation on this.[/QUOTE]
so am i. If i don't get one by monday, im filing a paypal dispute.

[quote name='Rocko']That's a little ridiculous. At least contact the seller first.[/QUOTE]
I guess. If i don't get a tracking number by monday, i'll contact them, and give them 2 days to respond. THEN, i will file a dispute if they don't respond. :)

In for 1. Since I got new tv and blu ray downstairs my wife has been complaining about the crappy cable box remote not doing everything. Hope this fixes that problem

[quote name='blackbird3216']I guess. If i don't get a tracking number by monday, i'll contact them, and give them 2 days to respond. THEN, i will file a dispute if they don't respond. :)[/QUOTE]

FYI, I have a UPS shipping confirmation email, but my status on the seller's page still shows as not shipped. I think he's taken about 4,000 orders, so things could be a bit jumbled.

[quote name='gkrykewy']FYI, I have a UPS shipping confirmation email, but my status on the seller's page still shows as not shipped. I think he's taken about 4,000 orders, so things could be a bit jumbled.[/quote]
wow, just as i guessed, I received my tracking number today. I wonder when i'll get it though.

I ended up ordering one of these and am sitting on my Best Buy order for the 550. Got the UPS shipping notice today, so it looks like the seller was indeed equipped to handle all the orders. Scheduled to arrive on 12/19, so I'll just let my BB order expire.

That's interesting that they could potentially sell 10k of these, but the article fails to mention how much it cost them to acquire that many to begin with. It's not like they're pocketing $300k from these.

[quote name='Rocko']You realize your tracking number tells you when the package will arrive, right, blackbird?[/QUOTE]
yes, mines supposed to come this friday.

Glad to hear everyone has had good experiences so far - nice to chip in with a good OP every once in awhile. I ended up returning my 550 to Best Buy.

Some issues on Fatwallet with people getting "dusty" packages. We'll see - I have two coming Tomorrow or Thursday.

[quote name='Taboner']Isn't the 550 worth it for $20 more?[/QUOTE]

It depends how much you want the extra buttons of the 550. I already have a 520 and it works like a champ. It makes a fine Xmas present.

Mine should be here tomorrow! I hope my DVE calibration bluray, and my Nyko bluwave remote also show up some time this week.

Just got mine via UPS today. I bought it for the bedroom (I already have a 659 for the Family Room and an Xbox 360 version for my basement media room). My set up is pretty easy (just a Dell Plasma, DirecTV HD-DVR and a Toshiba HD-A3), so it didn't take long to set it up. Aside from having to program the "-" button for the DirecTV box to delete files from the List, didn't have to do anything else to set it up.

Worth the $30 to put the other remotes in the drawer for good.

The only thing I hate is how you have to set up a separate logitech account for each remote if you own more than 1 logitech remote. Wish it could just figure it out which remote you were using when you plugged in the remote via USB.

[quote name='mick16']Just got mine via UPS today. I bought it for the bedroom (I already have a 659 for the Family Room and an Xbox 360 version for my basement media room). My set up is pretty easy (just a Dell Plasma, DirecTV HD-DVR and a Toshiba HD-A3), so it didn't take long to set it up. Aside from having to program the "-" button for the DirecTV box to delete files from the List, didn't have to do anything else to set it up.

Worth the $30 to put the other remotes in the drawer for good.

The only thing I hate is how you have to set up a separate logitech account for each remote if you own more than 1 logitech remote. Wish it could just figure it out which remote you were using when you plugged in the remote via USB.[/quote]
How big of nerd does it make me that I'm incredibly excited about getting this?

[quote name='jlseal']How big of nerd does it make me that I'm incredibly excited about getting this?[/QUOTE]

Not that much.;) If it makes you feel better, I have ALWAYS wanted one of these remotes. I always thought it was cool how they worked and the style of the remotes, I just never could justify the price to myself and the wife.

BTW, mine came in today!:D Looking forward to setting it up later.

bread's done
Back