Lollipop Chainsaw Preorder TRU $44.99 w/ FS

D.Choy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Toys R Us.com has Lollipop Chainsaw up for preorder at a cool $44.99 with free shipping ($15 off MSRP) for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Different websites are giving off different dates for the release though. Amazon, Target, and Wikipedia = 4/24, TRU = 5/22, BB = 6/1, and GameStop = 8/1. I know for a fact that it has an official release of May 19th for Japan but WB hasn't announced a firm release date for United States so tread lightly. Signs obviously point to an April release date for the US though.

Lollipop Chainsaw now has an official release of June 12, 2012

Still, a decent price for a game that looks to be pretty fun. If you want those preorder codes you are out of luck if you choose to order from TRU. The preorder costumes are exclusive to Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop.

Link: http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=lollipop%20chainsaw&origkw=lollipop+chainsaw&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

----------

Also, recently there were some new anime inspired costumes announced for the game. If any of you watch anime and are fans of High School of the Dead, Deadman Wonderland, Is This a Zombie, or Manyu Hiken-Cho then this news will excite you! Screenshots of all the costumes can be found at the link below, thanks Rychy.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ool-the-dead-x-lollipop-chainsaw-illustration

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried calling the number for Best Buy and was told that the best they could do would be offer 10% off, that it said "Not available for pickup" on the TRU page and that it was an online only price.
Oh well... I signed up for a month trial for Gamefly for this game, but the game is too new for it to ship to me anytime soon.

I just found out I am getting hired, so in two months or so when I have begun working and getting paid, I can buy it then I suppose. Such a long wait though.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Tried calling the number for Best Buy and was told that the best they could do would be offer 10% off, that it said "Not available for pickup" on the TRU page and that it was an online only price.
Oh well... I signed up for a month trial for Gamefly for this game, but the game is too new for it to ship to me anytime soon.

I just found out I am getting hired, so in two months or so when I have begun working and getting paid, I can buy it then I suppose. Such a long wait though.[/QUOTE]

congrats on the job. I remember buying a shit ton of games after not having work for 1 1/2 year.

I passed the game last night and it took me about 6 1/2 hours. 1/2 hour was because of fuckING zombie baseball. I am playing it again on Super hard mode and I am now going to dread playing that part. About the costume, you buy most of them after you past the game using the platinum coins. The only ones you can't buy are the pre-order ones, that is until a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lupe guillotine']
I passed the game last night and it took me about 6 1/2 hours. 1/2 hour was because of fuckING zombie baseball. I am playing it again on Super hard mode and I am now going to dread playing that part. About the costume, you buy most of them after you past the game using the platinum coins. The only ones you can't buy are the pre-order ones, that is until a later date.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, fuck that baseball thing, I keep failing Ranking mode because of that. The stupid pitcher does way too much damage. Anyways, I think I beat it in about 6 hours. There is a lot of replay-ability just based on earning coins for costumes, skills, and power-ups, plus a lot of achievements take a good amount of practice before becoming really do-able, especially beating Dad's score on all stages.

Costume-wise, you only get a few available through the first playthrough, then you can buy all the anime/manga ones and fetishy stuff after beating it. There are more that I think you can buy after you beat Dad's score on various levels. All the costumes that aren't reskins of default are pretty good. I like Saeko's for HOTD and the magical girl one from Is This a Zombie? the best. I'm so glad they're free instead of the normal DLC route everyone has been going. I hope they do sell the pre-order bonuses later though. They said the won't, but WB also published Mortal Kombat 9 and Arkham City and you can buy their pre-order bonuses now.

Gameplay-wise, the combat gets a lot more fun once you unlock more skills and learn to get more Sparkle Hunting bonuses. It's not nearly as deep as Bayonetta, but it's the best gameplay out of the Suda 51 games I've played. Once your going for high scores and farming medals, make sure you buy the skill that costs 999. My only complaints are that you medals and stuff don't seem to carry over from Ranking Mode (I'm not sure on that though), you can't skip a lot of cutscenes, and that there isn't a store available on the stage selection map.

I can't believe all crap I went through to pick up all the preorder dlc. I'm just glad Amazon has it at $45, made me seem less of an ass returning it to BB.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Hold up six min, where I'd they say they won't sell the pre order costumes?![/QUOTE]

I think someone asked on twitter and they said there are no plans right now to release the preorder costumes as future dlc. I guess we'll see.

[quote name='kitsunisan']I can't believe all crap I went through to pick up all the preorder dlc. I'm just glad Amazon has it at $45, made me seem less of an ass returning it to BB.[/QUOTE]

what...

[quote name='MR_E']I think someone asked on twitter and they said there are no plans right now to release the preorder costumes as future dlc. I guess we'll see.[/QUOTE]

This, last time it was on someone from WB or Grasshopper Manufacture that said it a couple weeks back. The official Twitter just said the same. And in another tweet said no plans for any DLC.

http://twitter.com/LolliChainsaw/status/213503062097149953

Really, that doesn't mean it's certain. At the very least, they probably have a certain time frame of something like 6 weeks that they have to remain pre-order exclusive set up with BB, Amazon, and Gamestop like a lot of games do. After that, I don't see why they wouldn't sell them. That Ash costume is basically free money, and if it's all one bundle like Batman and MK it'll be like $5. Only thing I really see stopping them from bother is if the game bombs HARD. I don't think it will sell great because of the curse of being an outside the box Suda 51 game, but it had enough advertising and publicity from Jessica Nigri's exploits that it should do OK.

[quote name='the_punisher']Solid game so far, the birthday cake thing is fucking annoying tho[/QUOTE]That is nothing. Wait until the Zombie Baseball level comes around. It has truly annoyed the shit outta me lol.

Well'p IGN's review just came in. They gave it a 50/100. I read it and it made quite a lot of sense to me.

The only gameplay I had watched for this game was a playable demo at some convention months back. I noticed stilted combat due to the inability to cancel slow recovery animations. The actual flow of the combat was stiff and jerky as the animations didn't meld into each other well. She just seemed to fling and bounce around with no sense of momentum or reason. Also, I noticed annoying flaws like chat bubbles not fading when the camera slides behind them causing them to obscure your view entirely.

It doesn't look like any of this has been fixed :|. I think this one's gonna have to be a $15 title for me. Still above Ninja Gaiden 3 at $9.99, though.

[quote name='AugustAPC']
The only gameplay I had watched for this game was a playable demo at some convention months back. I noticed stilted combat due to the inability to cancel slow recovery animations. The actual flow of the combat was stiff and jerky as the animations didn't meld into each other well. She just seemed to fling and bounce around with no sense of momentum or reason. Also, I noticed annoying flaws like chat bubbles not fading when the camera slides behind them causing them to obscure your view entirely.

It doesn't look like any of this has been fixed :|. I think this one's gonna have to be a $15 title for me. Still above Ninja Gaiden 3 at $9.99, though.[/QUOTE]

Chat bubbles? Are there chat bubbles outside of the cutscenes? I've been playing the game for 3 days and just got the good ending, and I don't remember ever seeing a chat bubble during gameplay aside from the "SOS" ones from people you have to save. Certainly nothing that obscured my view.

And the recovery speed is intentionally slow. There are upgrades you can buy to increase your recovery speed. And the combos are actually pretty solid and flow/animate smoothly. I really didn't notice any of the flaws you're talking about.

[quote name='the_punisher']Solid game so far, the birthday cake thing is fucking annoying tho[/QUOTE]

It's a lot easier on later playthroughs after you upgrade your strength and buy a few attacks so you can wipe out the zombies in one combo.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Well'p IGN's review just came in. They gave it a 50/100. I read it and it made quite a lot of sense to me.

It doesn't look like any of this has been fixed :|. I think this one's gonna have to be a $15 title for me. Still above Ninja Gaiden 3 at $9.99, though.[/QUOTE]

>taking IGN seriously about anything, especially reviews.

[quote name='krashhole']That is nothing. Wait until the Zombie Baseball level comes around. It has truly annoyed the shit outta me lol.[/QUOTE]

Me too, even more than the birthday cake bit. lol. One thing I figured out is not to keep locking in on the targets while doing the zombie baseball. Just keep it "zoomed in" and move slowly the whole time, shooting anything that comes near your guy and moving just enough to get the bullet resupplies.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Me too, even more than the birthday cake bit. lol. One thing I figured out is not to keep locking in on the targets while doing the zombie baseball. Just keep it "zoomed in" and move slowly the whole time, shooting anything that comes near your guy and moving just enough to get the bullet resupplies.[/QUOTE]

Ya. The gun has auto lock-on, so just move it around holding L2 'til the target reticle turns red. Make sure to take out the pitcher when he pops up and, after that, aim for anything heading for Nick or that Nick's heading for. I actually haven't had much trouble with the minigame doing that. Did fail a couple times on the last homerun, though, over a few playthroughs, just from running out of ammo while Nick was swamped.

[quote name='MR_E']Ya. The gun has auto lock-on, so just move it around holding L2 'til the target reticle turns red. Make sure to take out the pitcher when he pops up and, after that, aim for anything heading for Nick or that Nick's heading for. I actually haven't had much trouble with the minigame doing that. Did fail a couple times on the last homerun, though, over a few playthroughs, just from running out of ammo while Nick was swamped.[/QUOTE]

That auto-lock makes the blaster near worthless because it just aims at whatever it wants. I had to turn it off to do the baseball at all, and it's better off anyways because you can get headshots easier manually, which helps you get more Sparkle Hunting bonuses.

the baseball part was easy. I never use auto lock on and only die twice. For the cake part once I start using the spin move it wasn't hard.

I was able to get this for $16 out of pocket. Will try it out tonight. I explained how at twitter.com/thegamerpad don't feel like retyping mobile.

I know lol this looks like spam but its not

[quote name='nintendokingdom']I was able to get this for $16 out of pocket. Will try it out tonight. I explained how at twitter.com/thegamerpad don't feel like retyping mobile.

I know lol this looks like spam but its not[/QUOTE]

$10 promo from max payne 3 and trade of skyrim for $35 that he bought for $15.

Never mind on the question, I just found it.

This game is hilarious. I'm having a blast with it.

I haven't found any of the parts mentioned above difficult. I made it through both games of basketball and the birthday cake on my first try. I beat baseball on my second try, only because I wasn't paying attention to Nick's health on the first attempt. I think I've only died 2 or 3 times overall. Once during baseball and once during a quick time event when a bus was coming at me (I wasn't paying attention).

It's a rental, but I think I'll be able to finish it by Sunday night. I turned it off last night right after I got to the farm.

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']That auto-lock makes the blaster near worthless because it just aims at whatever it wants. I had to turn it off to do the baseball at all, and it's better off anyways because you can get headshots easier manually, which helps you get more Sparkle Hunting bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Odd, I had the issue with poor auto-lock only after the baseball part. During baseball, it was lighting them up.

The key with the auto aim is to hold the aim button down so it doesn't auto lock, and then it acts more like an aim assist. That way, you can follow Nick around the field and take out the enemies near him.

Hopefully this holds the $45 price at Amazon through tomorrow. Even though Best Buy wont PM the TRU price for me, I am gonna make the hour drive tomorrow to BB and hopefully grab some Kindle gift cards with my BB gift cards and buy this online.

[quote name='nintendokingdom']I was able to get this for $16 out of pocket. Will try it out tonight. I explained how at twitter.com/thegamerpad don't feel like retyping mobile.

I know lol this looks like spam but its not[/QUOTE]

It actually is spam since nobody would actually care at all about your "deal". You accidentally got a gift card sent to you and kept it, then you used a $20 gift card or something to get Skyrim for $15, then traded in that Skyrim for $35(neat?) and used the two of them to buy a $45 game.

I think when Christmas rolls around I'm going to make posts for each of the games I'm given, since they will all be $0 out of pocket but YMMV depending on if you have the same parents as me.

[quote name='croqoa']I think when Christmas rolls around I'm going to make posts for each of the games I'm given, since they will all be $0 out of pocket but YMMV depending on if you have the same parents as me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Prismatico']You know Suda hasn't fully directed a game since the first No More Heroes, right? Everything since then has been handled by others but with some of his creative input. The way CheapyD puts it (he knows people that worked at Grasshopper), Suda doesn't do much work as executive producer/writer and takes a lot of days off to play video games at home.[/QUOTE]

two of my favorite quotes in this thread. ROFLMAO-LOL!!

[quote name='Prismatico']You know Suda hasn't fully directed a game since the first No More Heroes, right? Everything since then has been handled by others but with some of his creative input. The way CheapyD puts it (he knows people that worked at Grasshopper), Suda doesn't do much work as executive producer/writer and takes a lot of days off to play video games at home.[/QUOTE]
And yet he still gets all the hero worship. Fancy that.

Still waiting on him to make a GOOD game worthy of the worship he gets. I imagine I will be waiting a long time

[quote name='croqoa']It actually is spam since nobody would actually care at all about your "deal". You accidentally got a gift card sent to you and kept it, then you used a $20 gift card or something to get Skyrim for $15, then traded in that Skyrim for $35(neat?) and used the two of them to buy a $45 game.

I think when Christmas rolls around I'm going to make posts for each of the games I'm given, since they will all be $0 out of pocket but YMMV depending on if you have the same parents as me.[/QUOTE]

lol this is great

[quote name='croqoa']It actually is spam since nobody would actually care at all about your "deal". You accidentally got a gift card sent to you and kept it, then you used a $20 gift card or something to get Skyrim for $15, then traded in that Skyrim for $35(neat?) and used the two of them to buy a $45 game.

I think when Christmas rolls around I'm going to make posts for each of the games I'm given, since they will all be $0 out of pocket but YMMV depending on if you have the same parents as me.[/QUOTE]

Hey, way to be a fucking douchebag for no reason other than you're on the internet.

I was just saying, the game doesn't seem to be worth $45 to most, and I was able to get it for $16. I bought Skyrim at the pawnstore about a month ago for $15 and when I traded it into Best Buy they gave me $34. I also used a $10 giftcard I received for buying Max Payne 3 (which I ended up returning), plus the price match of $45. So $34 Trade in + $10 Free Giftcard + Price Match + $1 = Lollipop Chainsaw. Or Skyrim ($15) + $1 = Lollipop Chainsaw.

To call my post a spam, means that 99% of the posts on this message board is spam. The only non-spam posts would be the thread starters, and possible questions following up on the deal. So a thread like GameFly deals where everyone posts "I got mine in the mail today" or "ughh my wallet is hurting" are all spam by your definition...so is the post you put up in response to mine.

On Thursday night when I was able to get Lollipop Chainsaw for $15 I wanted to inform and brag about being able to get it so cheap. I wanted to post it on twitter and on this thread. Thursday night I remembered to do it on my twitter account, it wasn't until the next day I remembered I didn't post here and I was mobile, instead of typing up all the details i just said to read the twitter.

People on this board act like arrogant assholes and try to talk high and mighty smart-ass type shit to one another. I guess I'll just go back to lurking on the board looking for a deal, people like you make me never want to contribute to the "community" or board here. I mean contribute as in posting a deal, or by adding to any of the discussions. Have fun being bitter in life and getting off on acting like an asshole through a message board.

[quote name='nintendokingdom']To call my post a spam, means that 99% of the posts on this message board is spam. The only non-spam posts would be the thread starters, and possible questions following up on the deal. So a thread like GameFly deals where everyone posts "I got mine in the mail today" or "ughh my wallet is hurting" are all spam by your definition...so is the post you put up in response to mine.
[/QUOTE]

I admit that my post was certainly asshole-based, but there is a difference between those kinds of posts and yours. Those posts don't make it seem like there is an actual way to get it for $16, nor do they require going on twitter and reading a half dozen more posts to find out that the "deal" is not in the slightest bit possible to replicate. It would be the same as me making a Youtube video on how to get this game for $0, and then you get on Youtube and I tell you that I found money laying on the sidewalk.

[quote name='nintendokingdom']Hey, way to be a fucking douchebag for no reason other than you're on the internet.

I was just saying, the game doesn't seem to be worth $45 to most, and I was able to get it for $16. I bought Skyrim at the pawnstore about a month ago for $15 and when I traded it into Best Buy they gave me $34. I also used a $10 giftcard I received for buying Max Payne 3 (which I ended up returning), plus the price match of $45. So $34 Trade in + $10 Free Giftcard + Price Match + $1 = Lollipop Chainsaw. Or Skyrim ($15) + $1 = Lollipop Chainsaw.[/QUOTE]

You didn't get it for $16, no matter how you look at it.

If someone sells me an oz of gold for $10, and I sell the oz of gold for $1500 to buy a laptop with, the laptop isn't $10.

If someone gives me a $100 gift card, and I buy a game, it's not free.

It's as stupid as starting a deals thread saying "Get ANY game at Best Buy FREE!" and the post says "I got a gift from my parents, and I bought a game completely free!" Everyone at that point will wish for a device to punch people through the internet.

[quote name='croqoa']

i loled

[quote name='elessar123']You didn't get it for $16, no matter how you look at it.

If someone sells me an oz of gold for $10, and I sell the oz of gold for $1500 to buy a laptop with, the laptop isn't $10.

If someone gives me a $100 gift card, and I buy a game, it's not free.

It's as stupid as starting a deals thread saying "Get ANY game at Best Buy FREE!" and the post says "I got a gift from my parents, and I bought a game completely free!" Everyone at that point will wish for a device to punch people through the internet.[/QUOTE]

No matter how I look at it?

I look at it like I spent $15 on Skyrim with the intent of trading it in, then I spent one more dollar and got Lollipop Chainsaw. That looks like $16. And yes, if someone gave you a $100 giftcard, and you use it to buy a game...the game was free.

If someone gives you a gift for your birthday is that not free? Or do you like at it as, "well my wife got me Arkham City for xmas but it is not free, because it cost me 2 blu rays she could've got me instead" gtfo out of here with your shit

[quote name='croqoa']I admit that my post was certainly asshole-based, but there is a difference between those kinds of posts and yours. Those posts don't make it seem like there is an actual way to get it for $16, nor do they require going on twitter and reading a half dozen more posts to find out that the "deal" is not in the slightest bit possible to replicate. It would be the same as me making a Youtube video on how to get this game for $0, and then you get on Youtube and I tell you that I found money laying on the sidewalk.[/QUOTE]

I was just stating I got it for $16, and I know saying that someone would say "What how did you get it for $16!?" So I linked to an explanation. It's not like I said "Find out how you can get it for the same price!". Just stating shit, that's all

[quote name='nintendokingdom']No matter how I look at it?

I look at it like I spent $15 on Skyrim with the intent of trading it in, then I spent one more dollar and got Lollipop Chainsaw. That looks like $16. And yes, if someone gave you a $100 giftcard, and you use it to buy a game...the game was free.

If someone gives you a gift for your birthday is that not free? Or do you like at it as, "well my wife got me Arkham City for xmas but it is not free, because it cost me 2 blu rays she could've got me instead" gtfo out of here with your shit[/QUOTE]

Everything I ever get is free. Cause the company I work for gives me money and since I use that money directly via my debit card, I consider stuff I buy with it free.

Then I post free deals for everyone.

[quote name='elessar123']Everyone at that point will wish for a device to punch people through the internet.[/QUOTE]
This thread keeps getting more and more entertaining.

[quote name='nintendokingdom']No matter how I look at it?

If someone gives you a gift for your birthday is that not free? Or do you like at it as, "well my wife got me Arkham City for xmas but it is not free, because it cost me 2 blu rays she could've got me instead" gtfo out of here with your shit[/QUOTE]

Granted, I think the argument that buying a game with a gift card you find on the ground isn't free for you is stupid, but your post was just as stupid as you made it seem like you got some sort of special deal.

I got this game for a little over $20 after some rewards credit. All I care about with personal finances is how much I pay out of pocket, so as far as I'm concerned, I got the game for $20. I'm not gonna make posts telling people that I got the game for $20 and imply that there is a way for other people to do the same.

[quote name='confoosious']Everything I ever get is free. Cause the company I work for gives me money and since I use that money directly via my debit card, I consider stuff I buy with it free.

Then I post free deals for everyone.[/QUOTE]

I've got a great idea. I'll buy you a $65 gift card and in return you buy me a $65 gift card. That way we can both get the game for free!

[quote name='dino88']I've got a great idea. I'll buy you a $65 gift card and in return you buy me a $65 gift card. That way we can both get the game for free![/QUOTE]

PM me! I'm down for that deal!

There is a bit of difference between being handed money and working for it.

Not agreeing with anyone, in fact, I've only read like 1 and 1/2 posts and caught that tail end of that argument.

Just saying.

this thread is certainly way more entertaining than the subject game.

...and the thread is FREE!! [actually not, already #371 posts and counting...]

I tried coming up with some witty line to add, but why? Everyone else is doing just fine. Too funny.

We should protest movies too. They should start out of the gate at $5 and then have matinee shows for cheaper. Especially if they are new IP. I'm only going to pay $12 for a sequel, cause we all know those are the best movies.

bread's done
Back